/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My thanks, to all of you.

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 12:50 AM
I want to thank you all in a way that is me, but I cannot find the words, they escape me. I have been on this forum not knowing why I am here, I have been reading every word you post, i hear it in my ear.

I appreciate all of you in a way you will never know. I appreciate even the mods, as they delete my posts. I can respect their job, they has to stop sensless chatter, i never mean insult, not ever, in any matter.

I read through these posts sometimes feeling lonelyimsad. I am stuck between my faith and your faith, just these only. I have been feeling down as sometimes I doubt my own faith, I have been feeling down as doubting seals your fate.

I can never express my appreciation for your help in other words i thought I was here to help. My study of Islam has led me here, with all of you listening to my posts in your ear. I know I can be a bore and I have no bad intentions, I do listen to you though, with all of your men tions.

I ask my self again, why am I here? I am not sure, maybe you can tell me. I like making friends and chatting....it's just me. I try to be friendly, respectfull, and full of answers, but somtimes I find myself seeking your answers. I have lots of questions, sometimes they seem pointless, but i have good intentions. So I ask you to be patient.

I feel a connection to Islam you see....it's in my blood..... a little bit..Maybe It's the Palestinian in me. I am affriad sometimes why I feel such sorrowimsad, I don't know what the future holds for me tomorrow. I search and search, it's the truth i seek, but sometimes i ponder the future....it looks bleekimsad With so much tension around the world, In Palestine I see what happensimsad i almost hurled+o( I have been studying and seeing what is happening there.....and sometimes I just want to pull out my hair:heated:

Am I supposed to as a Christian, support the other side?.....When i see what happens to Palestine....it makes me want to cry:cry: I asked a family member just the other day, where is our Palestinian family, so i can say hey! From what I am told they are still there, just the same as me...pulling out their hairimsad I cannot speak to them, it has been to long, we havent known them in generations, but I carry the name! I didn't know this...oh well, all the same.

Again I want to thank you, I am still lostimsad I will keep seeking answers, you have all been great hosts. I will try not to be a bother, I understand, I can be, but maybe...just maybe it's that little bit of...... Islam in me:nervous:

I would love to meet all of you in person one day, some say it won't happen, my sins, I must pay. I would love to greet all of you in person but it cannot happen, so I will settle for the forum, but hey...it could happen:D

It may sound stupid, some of the things I write. I have no other way to communicate my feelings, I am losing sight.imsad I have no other way but a pen to show my might. I felt as if I was strong in my faith, but now I am breaking down..I am losing my faithimsad I am not sure was is to become of me, but Insha Allah ...someday I will see.

It is God whom I worship, He is all i have. He is my creator and as well, you my brothers, seek Him and you shall have.

I affraid, I am scared, as a man, are these feelings I am allowed to have?imsad I am supossed to be strong, but i feel weak nowimsad I put on a smile, as fake as it may be, i am affraid what is going to happen to me.

Again I thank you for all of your knowledge. You have all taught me allot, as I will keep seeking the truth.

God be with each and every one of you. May Allah bless you all with perfect health, wealth, and strength in faith. May He bring upon you peace. May He bless your families, and those who may suffer.

All the best,

Italianguy

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
barney
02-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Thats a lovely post italianguy.

Cant really expand on that. just a lovely post.

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 01:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Thats a lovely post italianguy.

Cant really expand on that. just a lovely post.
Thank you, sir.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-24-2010, 01:19 AM
:sl:

SubhanAllah Italianguy I don't know what to say really! Such a beautiful post and even more so because it's from the heart, what could be better? It made me smile, laugh and even feel sad. All in one. The nice part was that you wrote it like a poem :)

I can see from your posts that you have a lot going on in your mind. You really are a wonderful asset to this forum and I hope you stay here for as long as possible! Insha'Allah.

I pray that Allah the MOST MERCIFUL, THE MOST GRACIOUS keeps guiding you to that which is good for you and clear out your doubts, Ameen. Maybe just maybe Insha'Allah you will become a part of our Ummah. So as long as your heart is sincere towards Allah, He will NO DOUBT guide you. Perhaps this is a sign from Allah to you.

All the best.

Keep smiling and keep searching :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dagless
02-24-2010, 01:22 AM
There are things you should say when an asteroid is 60 minutes away from smashing the earth to dust. I think you've covered most of them in your post.

Seriously though, why the outpour? What happened? Should I turn on the news? :O

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 02:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
There are things you should say when an asteroid is 60 minutes away from smashing the earth to dust. I think you've covered most of them in your post.

Seriously though, why the outpour? What happened? Should I turn on the news? :O
Sorry, i didn't intend it to be an outpourimsad More like appreciation for all of everyones posts here.

I am not sure why though? I don't share to much with people. Because of my inability to communicate emmotions....it hurts my wife as wellimsad

See, in my family and in our culture, I am the first born in my generation and of course the oldest. So I am expected to be the strongest, most knowledgeable person for my sibblings to turn to, like my brothers, sisters, cousins, nephews, neices. If they have questions about anything, I am expected to have answers:exhausted for everything! I am also not allowed to show weakness. So I get a ton of questoins from everyone....alllll the time, like...."what college do I attend" , "What should be my major, your supposed to choose for me?" "How do i do this" how do i do that?".....nonstop all day. And i have over 30 employees and their families problems to deal with as well as my ownimsad There is just not enough time in life....I never get to sit back and enjoy anything. I have no hobbies anymore, I attend church less and less, I don't get to volenteer that much anymoreimsad

I am expected to do so much all the time...and do it with a dang smile on my face allllllll the time.:D:D:D.......No porblem I will take care of it, no problem, it's an easy fix, no problem, God will provide, No problem, just leave it to me, no problem, i will get to it, no problem, .....to everything....and of course, i have to know everything....allllll the time.

But now.....I am breaking down, I am only 30 and I have to decide everything for my family. I am breaking down because I am not allowed to show weakness, I am not allowed to receive compassion. I am breaking down because I have doubtimsad I haven't really cried in 20 years. And sometimes I ask myself if i really know how.....but again am i allowed to?.....NO.

Why do I have to answer everything? I...don't know all the answers......I DON"T KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS! .....I just don't know.imsad

I don't tell anyone the truth on how I really am anymore....My wife cries her self to sleep sometimes, because she sees me deteriating on a daily basis imsad And that hurts me the most. She thinks I don't know she does.....but I can hear her:cry: She is too affraid to address it.....and I am to affriad to to show weakness.

I was praying yesterday for 2 hours, in my prayer room, in prostrate so my wife couldn't see my face....I balled like a baby:cry:..and when she asked if anything was wrong as she walked by....i said I am fine, with a smile on my face....because I am supposed to right?

I am sorry, I didn't mean to ventimsad

God be with you.......and have a greattttt day:D:D:D

Sawdah
02-24-2010, 02:12 AM
I liked how you put it in poem, it was very nice.

After reading your post, I can see you feel very lost and need to find the truth. You're lost, and you want to be found.

Ask Allah to help you find the truth and guide you to what is right.

Surah Al-Fatiha - Chapter: The Openning
1:5 You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).

God-willing, I hope you find what is right.

AlbanianMuslim
02-24-2010, 02:20 AM
I dont think its been too long. I think if you find a way to contact them they will be able to trace back to who connects you. They will be more than welcoming I am sure.
Trust me on that, many people connect with family members they never knew for generations.

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMuslim
I dont think its been too long. I think if you find a way to contact them they will be able to trace back to who connects you. They will be more than welcoming I am sure.
Trust me on that, many people connect with family members they never knew for generations.
Your right, I should search for them. I shouldn't be to hard, we have some names and I think? some old addresses.? If they are even there anymore....who knows. It will be something else to add to my list......in between being the monarch.

CosmicPathos
02-24-2010, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
I want to thank you all in a way that is me, but I cannot find the words, they escape me. I have been on this forum not knowing why I am here, I have been reading every word you post, i hear it in my ear.

I appreciate all of you in a way you will never know. I appreciate even the mods, as they delete my posts. I can respect their job, they has to stop sensless chatter, i never mean insult, not ever, in any matter.

I read through these posts sometimes feeling lonelyimsad. I am stuck between my faith and your faith, just these only. I have been feeling down as sometimes I doubt my own faith, I have been feeling down as doubting seals your fate.

I can never express my appreciation for your help in other words i thought I was here to help. My study of Islam has led me here, with all of you listening to my posts in your ear. I know I can be a bore and I have no bad intentions, I do listen to you though, with all of your men tions.

I ask my self again, why am I here? I am not sure, maybe you can tell me. I like making friends and chatting....it's just me. I try to be friendly, respectfull, and full of answers, but somtimes I find myself seeking your answers. I have lots of questions, sometimes they seem pointless, but i have good intentions. So I ask you to be patient.

I feel a connection to Islam you see....it's in my blood..... a little bit..Maybe It's the Palestinian in me. I am affriad sometimes why I feel such sorrowimsad, I don't know what the future holds for me tomorrow. I search and search, it's the truth i seek, but sometimes i ponder the future....it looks bleekimsad With so much tension around the world, In Palestine I see what happensimsad i almost hurled+o( I have been studying and seeing what is happening there.....and sometimes I just want to pull out my hair:heated:

Am I supposed to as a Christian, support the other side?.....When i see what happens to Palestine....it makes me want to cry:cry: I asked a family member just the other day, where is our Palestinian family, so i can say hey! From what I am told they are still there, just the same as me...pulling out their hairimsad I cannot speak to them, it has been to long, we havent known them in generations, but I carry the name! I didn't know this...oh well, all the same.

Again I want to thank you, I am still lostimsad I will keep seeking answers, you have all been great hosts. I will try not to be a bother, I understand, I can be, but maybe...just maybe it's that little bit of...... Islam in me:nervous:

I would love to meet all of you in person one day, some say it won't happen, my sins, I must pay. I would love to greet all of you in person but it cannot happen, so I will settle for the forum, but hey...it could happen:D

It may sound stupid, some of the things I write. I have no other way to communicate my feelings, I am losing sight.imsad I have no other way but a pen to show my might. I felt as if I was strong in my faith, but now I am breaking down..I am losing my faithimsad I am not sure was is to become of me, but Insha Allah ...someday I will see.

It is God whom I worship, He is all i have. He is my creator and as well, you my brothers, seek Him and you shall have.

I affraid, I am scared, as a man, are these feelings I am allowed to have?imsad I am supossed to be strong, but i feel weak nowimsad I put on a smile, as fake as it may be, i am affraid what is going to happen to me.

Again I thank you for all of your knowledge. You have all taught me allot, as I will keep seeking the truth.

God be with each and every one of you. May Allah bless you all with perfect health, wealth, and strength in faith. May He bring upon you peace. May He bless your families, and those who may suffer.

All the best,

Italianguy
I do not know what to say. I hope the path of truth becomes clear to you. We all are in differential need of removing the fog from our eyes.

AlbanianMuslim
02-24-2010, 02:31 AM
Trust me, if you use the right tools you will find them. In fact, I bet you they will be so warmed by the fact that you remembered you have family there they will be immensely hospitable.

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 02:35 AM
Trust me, if you use the right tools you will find them. In fact, I bet you they will be so warmed by the fact that you remembered you have family there they will be immensely hospitable.
Lets hope so, I just got off the phone with mia madre and she is so happy I am interested in getting in touch with them...she's freaking out trying to put together what she can find for me. Of course......they want me to call.

syilla
02-24-2010, 02:36 AM
aww...italianguy... you have a spiritual heart thats why you're feel the way you're suppose to feel. You should feel blessed since not everyone has a soft heart and be spiritual like you. You're in the crossroads...and lots of people are like you when come to the crossroads. So just bear in mind that you're not alone :).

And about meeting us... you can always make a dinner party and invite us all lol :D

AlbanianMuslim
02-24-2010, 02:38 AM
You should! Hopefully someone over there can speak English!

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 02:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
I do not know what to say. I hope the path of truth becomes clear to you. We all are in differential need of removing the fog from our eyes.
Thak you bro. You don't have to say anything. The fact that you responded is enough.

It may be just something i will have to deal with...as usual.

Maybe it's because I am constantly poked, proded, insulted, and pushed all the time? Because i talk funny? Because my skin color?

I am constantly reminded on a daily basis from my family that I must be strong! Never show weakness!imsad I am constantly told I have to do better, make things better, ....I'm not good enough, keep trying harder...

I just want to be able to ask a question for once.....just once. But it cannot happen. I have to have allllll the answers.

I get people telling me all the time,"I just got over a drug addiction" "yay for me" "I just got over a drinking problem, yay for me".......what about people like me? who never even thought about trying drugs. What about people like me who never drink alcohol? Where is my pat on the back? Whatever...

The way i feel will pass....it has to. I am not allowed to feel this wayimsad

Do you ever feel this kind of burden brother?

CosmicPathos
02-24-2010, 03:08 AM
Thak you bro. You don't have to say anything. The fact that you responded is enough.

It may be just something i will have to deal with...as usual.

Maybe it's because I am constantly poked, proded, insulted, and pushed all the time? Because i talk funny? Because my skin color?

I am constantly reminded on a daily basis from my family that I must be strong! Never show weakness!imsad I am constantly told I have to do better, make things better, ....I'm not good enough, keep trying harder...

I just want to be able to ask a question for once.....just once. But it cannot happen. I have to have allllll the answers.

I get people telling me all the time,"I just got over a drug addiction" "yay for me" "I just got over a drinking problem, yay for me".......what about people like me? who never even thought about trying drugs. What about people like me who never drink alcohol? Where is my pat on the back? Whatever...

The way i feel will pass....it has to. I am not allowed to feel this wayimsad

Do you ever feel this kind of burden brother?
I used to feel regarding my career. I wanted to be a doctor and no one in my immediate family is very educated like being a scholar, a researcher or a scientist. I felt that my parents had a pressure on me. They never forced me but I felt that I needed to make them proud. I needed to do what they wanted me to. But over the years I've realized that they did not care about what I achieve, they just cared about my betterment, in whatever career I attain. It was a misunderstanding on my part. And Allhamdulillah, Allah (swt) has given me from His treasures and I am still unthankful to Him. :(

I hope you can seek solace from your wife who can lift you up when you feel pressured from your relatives. After your mother I think wife can be your real support only. I am sure your wife realizes that you are also fragile like any other human. I also hope that she takes care of your fragility and you of hers.

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 03:13 AM
I used to feel regarding my career. I wanted to be a doctor and no one in my immediate family is very educated like being a scholar, a researcher or a scientist. I felt that my parents had a pressure on me. They never forced me but I felt that I needed to make them proud. I needed to do what they wanted me to. But over the years I've realized that they did not care about what I achieve, they just cared about my betterment, in whatever career I attain. It was a misunderstanding on my part. And Allhamdulillah, Allah (swt) has given me from His treasures and I am still unthankful to Him. :(

I hope you can seek solace from your wife who can lift you up when you feel pressured from your relatives. After your mother I think wife can be your real support only.
My wife is awesome. But i feel as if i am just burdening her with these problems....she already knows my role in my family, ..she hates it but at the same time understands it....she just said she wants to have a sit down with my family and hers so we can sort things.....I fear this is going to make things worse.imsad

God be with you! If med school is what you want, God willing you will be one.

CosmicPathos
02-24-2010, 03:20 AM
My wife is awesome. But i feel as if i am just burdening her with these problems....she already knows my role in my family, ..she hates it but at the same time understands it....she just said she wants to have a sit down with my family and hers so we can sort things.....I fear this is going to make things worse.imsad

God be with you! If med school is what you want, God willing you will be one.
Yes, you need to talk to the elders in your family. Those who are sympathetic towards you. Tell them the situation, get their opinion on it and then decide.

Yea I am not too sure about medical school now, wounds of rejections have created doubts that I am probably not fit for it. I think time has come to leave everything to Allah (swt) and rely on him and not on myself ... took me a while to come to that conclusion but nevertheless it is clear now that you cannot fight Allah's (swt) decree no matter how smart or how intelligent you think of yourself... :cry:

waqas maqsood
02-24-2010, 03:33 AM
Subhanallah,

Italianguy, u got to get out of the house and make some friends out there!! lol

Sometime, we all know what the truth is but we try to turn away from it as we are too engrossed in this world.

Alhamdulilah, the different between yourself and me is the fact that I have stopped searching because I know the purpose of my life in this world. I know what Allah cammands me. I am just a servant to Him so that Inshallah, I can live eternally in Jannah.

Don't stop searching and Inshallah you'll figure the purpose of your life (it will be the same as mine and all other Muslims inshallah)

And if your ever in London, let me know, my mum's cooking is awesome.. Espicially her kebabs.. A reason to meet me :statisfie

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 03:34 AM
Yes, you need to talk to the elders in your family. Those who are sympathetic towards you. Tell them the situation, get their opinion on it and then decide.

Yea I am not too sure about medical school now, wounds of rejections have created doubts that I am probably not fit for it. I think time has come to leave everything to Allah (swt) and rely on him and not on myself ... took me a while to come to that conclusion but nevertheless it is clear now that you cannot fight Allah's (swt) decree no matter how smart or how intelligent you think of yourself... :cry:
Very true bro, Sorry you had to go through that. If you still want to go med school you should do so.

barney
02-24-2010, 03:35 AM
The cultural pressure must seem very strong italianguy.
its hard for me to understand what that feels like, but you have my sympathy with it.

Best advice then that I can give is the old proverb that if you give someone a loaf they have bread for a day, Give them seeds and they can have bread for a lifetime. in other words, by letting go of the need to act as a decision maker and letting the family choose what to Major in themselves,what to buy what to do you will empower them. They will make mistakes and thats how we all learn. The stronger the crutch the harder the person leans. Those who lean against straws learn to walk alone.

Oh and as an aside, one of my fave proverbs is:
"Make a man a fire, he will be warm for a day- set that man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!" :D

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
The cultural pressure must seem very strong italianguy.
its hard for me to understand what that feels like, but you have my sympathy with it.

Best advice then that I can give is the old proverb that if you give someone a loaf they have bread for a day, Give them seeds and they can have bread for a lifetime. in other words, by letting go of the need to act as a decision maker and letting the family choose what to Major in themselves,what to buy what to do you will empower them. They will make mistakes and thats how we all learn. The stronger the crutch the harder the person leans. Those who lean against straws learn to walk alone.

Oh and as an aside, one of my fave proverbs is:
"Make a man a fire, he will be warm for a day- set that man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!" :D
Thanks Barney, dude my son would cry if he saw what you did to barney's mouth;D

I have heard analogies like that before, like "give a man a fish, he eats for a day." "teach a man to fish, he feeds himself for a lifetime":D

I wish it were that easy my friend. As much as these cultral issues can be a major burden...I do love my family and my culture. There is absolutely no way that could happen, it has been this way for .....a longgggggggg time! But it's fun to have wishfull thinking:D even if only temporary..

barney
02-24-2010, 04:11 AM
Thanks Barney, dude my son would cry if he saw what you did to barney's mouth;D

I have heard analogies like that before, like "give a man a fish, he eats for a day." "teach a man to fish, he feeds himself for a lifetime":D

I wish it were that easy my friend. As much as these cultral issues can be a major burden...I do love my family and my culture. There is absolutely no way that could happen, it has been this way for .....a longgggggggg time! But it's fun to have wishfull thinking:D even if only temporary..
Hey, the avatar was Sky Persephone/Purest Ambrosia/Eve's doing. Me i think Barney the dino's message is as good as the sermon on the mount,peace hugs and sharing along with education to make things better.

I love my family too, but within my culture, which is pretty much supportive of family, but allowing them to take responsibilitys as adults.
I cant understand from my position wanting it different. Sure with my Kids , at their age, I'll let them run with ideas, but if i see them really getting into hot water, I will step in.
With the Adult members, i'll offer my advice if asked, but for example, my Brother is a guy with personality disorder. He wants to dump everything on my mum. all responsibilitys , all decisions. He's 44 years old and has the responsibility of a teenager.
If he approaches me for emotional support, i'll invariably say, "Thats really bad brother, sorry to hear it, so what are YOU going to do about it. What do YOU think YOU should do?"

Trouble is , he's had 44 years of shunning responsibility. when my Mum passes away, he's going to be absolutly stumped.

Hope you find the strength to carry you through. Try talking with your wife about it perhaps? Women love to talk about such things in my experience.:omg:

syilla
02-24-2010, 04:15 AM

"When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way" (2:186)

It was said to Imam al-Shafi’ie (may Allah have mercy on him): Which is better, patience or tests or prevailing? He said: Prevailing is the level attained by the Prophets, and there can be no prevailing except after trials. If a person is tried he will become patient, and if he remains patient he will prevail.

“When Allah wills good for His slave, He hastens the punishment for him in this world, and when Allah wills ill for His slave, he withholds the punishment for his sins from him his sin until he comes with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection.” [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396); classified as sahih by al-Albani in al-Silsilah al-Sahihah (1220)].

Ibn al-Qayyim said in Zaad al-Ma’ad (3/477):

In His wisdom, Allah decreed that the Muslims should first taste the bitterness of defeat, despite their great numbers and adequate equipment and strength, so as to humble some people who felt proud as a result of the conquest of Makkah and who had not entered His land and His sanctuary as the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had entered it, bending his head whilst riding his horse to the extent that his chin almost touched the saddle, out of humbleness before his Lord.

Woodrow
02-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Peace Italianguy,

Quite a post and thread. A strongman has no fear of showing his soft side.

family ties are the most important human bonds formed. The heritage and link to family is a link that all steps need to be taken to keep it from being broken. One difficulty is most if not all families will have ancestral backgrounds that differ from the immediate family. Going back far enough we soon discover that each of us has ancestors that differ from the current family values.

It is good you are finding your Palestinian roots and want to embrace them as a valued part of your family tree and heritage. You have a very valid reason for your empathy towards the prisoners in Gaza. Far better you can feel their pain, than being hardened and have no feeling for them. Often times this sadness towards others is our greatest strength, A weak man would take the easy road and find justification to ignore their existence.

SweetCherryPie
02-24-2010, 05:23 AM
Beautiful post, ItalianGuy.

It made me shed a tear on a beautiful afternoon in the office. I think I should excuse myself and go make myself a cup of coffee.

InsyaAllah, you will find the path you were meant to be on.

Misz_Muslimah
02-24-2010, 07:31 AM
1376. Mu`awiyah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah said, "When Allah wishes good for someone, He bestows upon him the understanding of Deen.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: Knowledge and understanding of Deen (religion) here stands for the understanding of the Qur'an and Hadith, religious injunctions, and knowledge of the lawful and the unlawful. This Hadith highlights the excellence of knowledge and the fact that it is a sign of Allah's Help to the person who possesses it and acts upon it.

May Allah guide you to the straight path Italianguy and nice post btw :)

north_malaysian
02-24-2010, 07:38 AM
i could only say one word - "Wow"

Skavau
02-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Italianguy, regardless of any conflict of interest you think you have. Know this: Suffering concerns of others ought to concern us all nevermind the metaphysics of those involved or of those committing them.

Keep that in mind always. Your post in this thread showed a great deal of sincerity, but it ought not be viewed as a choice between Islam or Christianity to condemn suffering. I suspect your dissonance displayed lies in this contradiction you've built yourself into.

cat eyes
02-24-2010, 12:23 PM
wow we have a poet on the forum.

That post was really sweet, heart touching :D

MMohammed
02-24-2010, 12:46 PM
You are a revert right?
We will be here to share opinions and things with you.Don't hesitate to ask anything.
And if you are afraid, ask Allah for peace of heart and mind in your prayers(Really really works lol it has to work).You will feel that peace in you and He is the one who can guide you.

Abdul Qadir
02-24-2010, 01:03 PM

All the best,

Italianguy
hi italianguy, are u resigning from IB?

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
hi italianguy, are u resigning from IB?
No, not at all. ....I couldn't leave if I tried to now....you are all stuck with me:embarrass

Abdul Qadir
02-24-2010, 01:21 PM
No, not at all. ....I couldn't leave if I tried to now....you are all stuck with me:embarrass
lol..that seemed like a farewell letter...for a moment, i thought ur going off!! im relieved now though...

Life_Is_Short
02-24-2010, 01:36 PM
So i take it, you'll be sticking around IB a little while longer. Hope you find what you're looking for. Insh'Allah.

Asiyah3
02-24-2010, 01:57 PM
As always your posts are enjoyable to read masha'lLah.
May Allah guide you closer to Him.

http://www.comment2u.com/img/comment...y/bandgeek.gif :hiding:

...:X

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
As always your posts are enjoyable to read masha'lLah.
May Allah guide you closer to Him.

http://www.comment2u.com/img/comment...y/bandgeek.gif :hiding:

...:X
I am a band geek:embarrass I play the bass drum... Or used to. Now I play the dhol for fun

Mohamed_Sadiq
02-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Hope you become Muslim!

R u palestinian or italian? if a bit of both how palestinian are u ?

Islam is the only true religion, so go to your nearest mosque and ask for more information about Islam.

Also nice topic!:shade:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Aslaamu`alaaykum ItalianGuy..

I loved your post, how you expressed your feelings from within your Heart and put into a Poem.
Almost made me cry, was really beautiful.
I really appreciated it, you sharing your feelings, you are not a bother.
Keep asking questions ,all your questions are questions from an individual who is searching and researching about the other faith..
Indeed May Allaah guide you , Make Dua (prayer), with your hands in the air, and call out to Allaah, Supplicate and ask him to guide you, with sincerety and truthfulness, Indeed Jesus/Isaa(as) raised his hands in the air and prayed to his Lord Allmighty ,The Most Mercyful, The Most Generous!..

Everything he has taught us through his Prophets, is indeed Benefit for us indeed, and no Harm.. Subhana`Allaah (Glory be to the ALmighty Allaah)

God is with you always, Peace be to you ItalianGuy...

Wa`alaaykum Salaaam

sister herb
02-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Yes, keep asking questions. When we are looking for answers to them, we too have to think same matters and when we answer or read answers of others, we too learn at the same time.

:statisfie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-24-2010, 03:37 PM
^Yes Truue....Love Sharing Indeed it helps a lot..

Life_Is_Short
02-24-2010, 04:54 PM
I am privileged to be part of a forum whose non-muslim members express an interest in Islam. It's really quite something/. :phew

Islam_sister
02-24-2010, 05:21 PM
italianGuy, inshaAllah I really do hope you to find a way to communicate with your family in palestine. This is such a beautiful heart warming post. InshaAllah everything will work out for you Allah will for sure help you Seek the Almighty's help everything will be good inshaAllah. As a sister said in the earlier post

Maybe just maybe Insha'Allah you will become a part of our Ummah. So as long as your heart is sincere towards Allah, He will NO DOUBT guide you. Perhaps this is a sign from Allah to you.

And who knows this could be a sign from Allah.. I wish you the best really!.. InshaAllah May Allah put the light of islam in your heart and make things easy for you..Ameen

Keep searching keep striving for what you believe and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Stay true to yourself and those around you and Keep Allah to rememberance =D Your a good person mashaAllah =D and i can just see that from this post.

Remeber you can always count on us people on this forum to help you thorugh the good and bad times you go through..

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! =D

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
Hope you become Muslim!

R u palestinian or italian? if a bit of both how palestinian are u ?

Islam is the only true religion, so go to your nearest mosque and ask for more information about Islam.

Also nice topic!:shade:
Thanks. I am not %100 percent sure as of yet how Palestinian i am? I didn't know there were levels?;D

From what I have been told recently, my great, great , great grandfather (Nonno), married a Palestinian woman. How, when, where I am not sure. Suppossedly he (nonno) was there (Palestine) at some point for some reason? She, i think moved to Italy, or Sicily shortly after he was there, after that they were married.

My family doesn't speak of it much...not sure why? I would guess that because back then it would probably have caused a ....ripple... in the family's name? And the fact that, from what I am told, she was a Muslim probably wouldn't have gone over that well with the elders then, being strict Roman Catholics?

A few days ago, I demanded from my mother and her sisters as well as some of the elders in my family to give me any information they can on this matter. After discussing this with my uncles for a few days, they released me some info, not much, but enough to start with. My mother, yesterday was so happy I was opening this door so-to-speak, in our family she can't do that, so she lives through me when it comes to dealing with the elder men....not that the women in are family are suppressed in any way(don't get that idea) but they know not to step on toes...if you know what i mean.

I got more info today.

Italianguy
02-24-2010, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islam_sister
italianGuy, inshaAllah I really do hope you to find a way to communicate with your family in palestine. This is such a beautiful heart warming post. InshaAllah everything will work out for you Allah will for sure help you Seek the Almighty's help everything will be good inshaAllah. As a sister said in the earlier post

Maybe just maybe Insha'Allah you will become a part of our Ummah. So as long as your heart is sincere towards Allah, He will NO DOUBT guide you. Perhaps this is a sign from Allah to you.

And who knows this could be a sign from Allah.. I wish you the best really!.. InshaAllah May Allah put the light of islam in your heart and make things easy for you..Ameen

Keep searching keep striving for what you believe and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Stay true to yourself and those around you and Keep Allah to rememberance =D Your a good person mashaAllah =D and i can just see that from this post.

Remeber you can always count on us people on this forum to help you thorugh the good and bad times you go through..

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! =D
Thank you!

I am working hard on trying to get more info on them (Palestinian side) it's had because of name changes and such, I don't even know if they are there? Who they are? It's nerve racking:phew

I am very big on keeping up with family. My Nonno was usually the one who makes sure we all keep together....but he passedimsad

It is suppossed to be the elder men who do this, like a God father of the family...no not like the movie:hmm: but the position belongs to them, they still do a good job , but they are getting too old now and I guess it's my turn....just something else to stack on my plateimsad

I will keep trying, more info is comming in as I type, now that I asked, the whole family is in an uproar,...not in a bad way.

waqas maqsood
02-25-2010, 12:21 AM
'There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer'.

Islam_sister
02-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Thank you!

I am working hard on trying to get more info on them (Palestinian side) it's had because of name changes and such, I don't even know if they are there? Who they are? It's nerve racking:phew

I am very big on keeping up with family. My Nonno was usually the one who makes sure we all keep together....but he passedimsad

It is suppossed to be the elder men who do this, like a God father of the family...no not like the movie:hmm: but the position belongs to them, they still do a good job , but they are getting too old now and I guess it's my turn....just something else to stack on my plateimsad

I will keep trying, more info is comming in as I type, now that I asked, the whole family is in an uproar,...not in a bad way.
Np:statisfie.. Aww man really i am sorry to hear that.. well thats good get every one active in this and trust me be patient everything shall work out =)..
Lool @ no not the movie..lol.. ur jokes mashaAllah but really i do wish you the best and as i said keep your head up and never give up =D..

M..x
02-25-2010, 12:46 AM
It wouldn't let me rep you again. What a beautiful post. Thankyou & I hope tha same for you.. Peace and blessings be upon you =)

Italianguy
02-25-2010, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Muslimah x
It wouldn't let me rep you again. What a beautiful post. Thankyou & I hope tha same for you.. Peace and blessings be upon you =)
May God bless you and your family!

Thank you for your kind words.

Italianguy
02-25-2010, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau
Italianguy, regardless of any conflict of interest you think you have. Know this: Suffering concerns of others ought to concern us all nevermind the metaphysics of those involved or of those committing them.

Keep that in mind always. Your post in this thread showed a great deal of sincerity, but it ought not be viewed as a choice between Islam or Christianity to condemn suffering. I suspect your dissonance displayed lies in this contradiction you've built yourself into.
Friend, my english,...no so good but what did you say? Are you saying I am a lier?

I did not say it was a deciding factor in a choice between Islam or Christianity.....? I am simply stating my feelings and qestions i have about both faiths. Yes i feel a strong pull from Islam....yes I feel a strong pull from Christianity...i am beeing pulled by both arms, but not forcefully! It is whatever is in God's plan for me.

Are you calling my faith a contradiction?? Are you calling Islam a contradiction????

To what authority do you have, to make such accusations? You don't believe either faith!

If i thought i had problems, i couldn't imagine facing God and having to answer the question you will get. Step off bro! I don't need any more atheists telling me about my faith!

CosmicPathos
02-25-2010, 04:45 AM
Friend, my english,...no so good but what did you say? Are you saying I am a lier?

I did not say it was a deciding factor in a choice between Islam or Christianity.....? I am simply stating my feelings and qestions i have about both faiths. Yes i feel a strong pull from Islam....yes I feel a strong pull from Christianity...i am beeing pulled by both arms, but not forcefully! It is whatever is in God's plan for me.

Are you calling my faith a contradiction?? Are you calling Islam a contradiction????

To what authority do you have, to make such accusations? You don't believe either faith!

If i thought i had problems, i couldn't imagine facing God and having to answer the question you will get. Step off bro! I don't need any more atheists telling me about my faith!
Ignore him. He still has not provided evidence that universe is eternal in the other thread.

transition?
02-25-2010, 04:54 AM
Family pressure can be intense.

Bahaha, I used to think I was really tough and it wouldn't affect me if my parents didnt agree with my religious choices, but I was a sensitive one. But I stood up for my choices because the truth is reality, and no one can ever take that from you. If we have one thing, we have our freedom of conscience. No one controls what it's here >> heart, but God.

So May Allah Guide you onto the truth.
For me, I thought of it this way:
Islam is far above anything that is tangible on this Earth, the truth is a pillar that none can destroy even if all gathered to do so.

This is what being a Muslim is, it's beyond family, state, institution:

Even so, I might at least have had a homeland. I had none. Although born in Switzerland, I was not Swiss. My mother had grown up in France and loved the French above all others, but I was not French. Was I English? I never felt so. My mother never tired of reminding me that the English were cold, stupid, and sexless without intellect and without culture. I did not want to be like them. So where-if anywhere-did I belong? It seems to me in retrospect, that this strange childhood was a good preparation for adherence to Islam. Wherever he may have been born and whatever his race, the Muslim’s homeland is the Dar-ul-Islam, the House of Islam. His passport, here and in the Hereafter, is the simple confession of Faith, La ilaha ill-Allah. He does not expect - or should not expect - security or stability in this world and must always keep in mind the fact that death may take him tomorrow. He has no firm roots here in this fragile earth. His roots are above in that which alone endures.

source

waqas maqsood
02-25-2010, 05:05 AM
[QUOTE=Italianguy;1297942]I am simply stating my feelings and qestions i have about both faiths. Yes i feel a strong pull from Islam....yes I feel a strong pull from Christianity...i am beeing pulled by both arms, but not forcefully! It is whatever is in God's plan for me. =QUOTE]

From what I can analyZe from this paragraph...

U feel a strong pull from Islam because your conscious telling you its the right and perfect religion... Even though you have couple of unanswered questions to clarrify...

U feel a strong pull from Christianity because you spent your life as a Christian and its hard to let it go...

As I said... thats my analysis.. I might be wrong but thats the impression I get bro...

Skavau
02-25-2010, 11:27 AM
No I'm not saying that all.

That is what I referred to. I believe (from what you wrote) that you were suffering from a conflict of interest over Christianity and Islam due to the suffering of relations in Palestine. I was merely pointing out that suffering of other humans is an issue that transcends metaphysical belief and that you shouldn't let it drag you down like this.

Uh, no, I'm not... I was giving you advice..

I didn't mention your faith. This is a language barrier.

Musliman
02-25-2010, 11:57 AM
You sound so humble and friendly Italianguy, I only wish Allah guides you and shows you the right path :)

Inchallah :)

Italianguy
02-25-2010, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau
No I'm not saying that all.

That is what I referred to. I believe (from what you wrote) that you were suffering from a conflict of interest over Christianity and Islam due to the suffering of relations in Palestine. I was merely pointing out that suffering of other humans is an issue that transcends metaphysical belief and that you shouldn't let it drag you down like this.

Uh, no, I'm not... I was giving you advice..

I didn't mention your faith. This is a language barrier.
Sorry Savau, I must have taken you wrongimsad It's not like me to be aggressive like that so I appologise. Thanks for the advice and kind words.

God bless

★ηαѕιнα★
02-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Salaam 'Alayk ItalianDude!

Subhanallah I was thinking just yesterday you have many qualities and similarities of a muslim. If your profile did not state your Christian I wouldnt have noticed at the beginning.

Did have a few things to say (as usual, cant keep my mouth shut even when i want too).
You shouldnt keep your emotions in like that. Maybe you should buy a book to write your feelings in like that in poemform? Helps you deal with your emotions. If you want to talk to your wife about it just let her read it sometimes. You dont have to use words but she will still know whats going on with you. I think its not only the seeing you like that, that hurts her. Maybe its also the not sharing your troubles with her? Marriage is teamwork, even in "not so good times".
And I also think you should let it out sometimes. Just cry! If you dont want anyone to see you, go somewhere where you are alone. Keeping it bottled up like that will eventually bring you down with a burnout or so. You will also be more accesible for deseases due to a weaker, how do you call that, system that protects you from deseases??
In my culture we are supposed to be happy and strong all the time as well. Even woman! Me being the oldest had a burden as well, though its not as huge as yours! When I went trough tough times I couldnt cry as well, even being a woman. Wanna guess what I do know? I cry when I need to. Did it in front of dad once, saw it did hurt him much soo I know what you mean.
After that I picked my moments when i was alone and just cried when i felt the need.

About the family thing, how about delegating? Ask the next brother-in-line to take over some of your tasks. Like they come too you when they have trouble with family and they go to your brother for advice about school and work and stuff. From what you have told you are a very social boss. Nothing wrong with that but you do have to realise you have two careers now. Being a director and a Social Worker. If theres loads of trouble in the lives of your employees maybe you should hire a Social Worker to deal with all that..

Just some thoughts for you to ponder over. And btw dont forget to do fun things to relax and set your minds of that burden you have. Enjoy your family!Days tend to be very grey when you dont.

Also wanted to say you have a great sense of humor! Keep it up! Adds a bit of flavour to this forum. Found it a bit dull when I enrolled at first. ;D (mode's and admin's its true dont be mad)
And a little bit of humor cant be missing. Do you know you almost made me cry in a packed library at school just now? That would be embaressing seriously. Wouldnt be able too show my face again. Great post btw you have feeling for writing. ;D

Im off..do a very interesting literaturestudy+o(

Ill keep you in my duas!

Italianguy
02-26-2010, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
Salaam 'Alayk ItalianDude!

Subhanallah I was thinking just yesterday you have many qualities and similarities of a muslim. If your profile did not state your Christian I wouldnt have noticed at the beginning.

Did have a few things to say (as usual, cant keep my mouth shut even when i want too).
You shouldnt keep your emotions in like that. Maybe you should buy a book to write your feelings in like that in poemform? Helps you deal with your emotions. If you want to talk to your wife about it just let her read it sometimes. You dont have to use words but she will still know whats going on with you. I think its not only the seeing you like that, that hurts her. Maybe its also the not sharing your troubles with her? Marriage is teamwork, even in "not so good times".
And I also think you should let it out sometimes. Just cry! If you dont want anyone to see you, go somewhere where you are alone. Keeping it bottled up like that will eventually bring you down with a burnout or so. You will also be more accesible for deseases due to a weaker, how do you call that, system that protects you from deseases??
In my culture we are supposed to be happy and strong all the time as well. Even woman! Me being the oldest had a burden as well, though its not as huge as yours! When I went trough tough times I couldnt cry as well, even being a woman. Wanna guess what I do know? I cry when I need to. Did it in front of dad once, saw it did hurt him much soo I know what you mean.
After that I picked my moments when i was alone and just cried when i felt the need.

About the family thing, how about delegating? Ask the next brother-in-line to take over some of your tasks. Like they come too you when they have trouble with family and they go to your brother for advice about school and work and stuff. From what you have told you are a very social boss. Nothing wrong with that but you do have to realise you have two careers now. Being a director and a Social Worker. If theres loads of trouble in the lives of your employees maybe you should hire a Social Worker to deal with all that..

Just some thoughts for you to ponder over. And btw dont forget to do fun things to relax and set your minds of that burden you have. Enjoy your family!Days tend to be very grey when you dont.

Also wanted to say you have a great sense of humor! Keep it up! Adds a bit of flavour to this forum. Found it a bit dull when I enrolled at first. ;D (mode's and admin's its true dont be mad)
And a little bit of humor cant be missing. Do you know you almost made me cry in a packed library at school just now? That would be embaressing seriously. Wouldnt be able too show my face again. Great post btw you have feeling for writing. ;D

Im off..do a very interesting literaturestudy+o(

Ill keep you in my duas!
Thanks sis!:D

Italianguy
02-27-2010, 02:31 AM
[QUOTE=waqas maqsood;1297961]
I am simply stating my feelings and qestions i have about both faiths. Yes i feel a strong pull from Islam....yes I feel a strong pull from Christianity...i am beeing pulled by both arms, but not forcefully! It is whatever is in God's plan for me. =QUOTE]

From what I can analyZe from this paragraph...

U feel a strong pull from Islam because your conscious telling you its the right and perfect religion... Even though you have couple of unanswered questions to clarrify...

U feel a strong pull from Christianity because you spent your life as a Christian and its hard to let it go...

As I said... thats my analysis.. I might be wrong but thats the impression I get bro...
Thank you for your thoughts. I met with some of the family today for a sit down......things just went from bad, to.......I'M LEAVING THE COUNTRY:heated:

AlbanianMuslim
02-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Sorry but why did they go bad? Did you tell them your converting or something?
Im just a bit confused sorry

Italianguy
02-27-2010, 04:14 AM
Sorry but why did they go bad? Did you tell them your converting or something?
Im just a bit confused sorry
No sorry, nothing about converting.

My wife made my family have a meeting earlier....It went wayyyy wrong, my wife walked out crying, I walked out :raging::raging: After trying to express my feelings about our amily dynamic and culture, they all blasted me for being weakimsad They said they are worried that I can't take care of the family. They told my wife we should move back to Italy and stay with our family for a while so I can soak up, so-to-speak some more of our culture and rules. So at least i can say I tried but, ....back to normalimsad I am expected to call my uncle in Sicily tomorrow:phew they said he is disapointed in me and needs to talk to me? They are also calling another "sit down" to discuss my SANITY!!! can you believe that!? They are turning this all on me....as I expected, so for now......I will go back to the way I was and just deal with it...Hopefully I can appologize to them, and ask if everything can just go back the way it wasimsad

I feel worse for my wife....she asn't stopped crying, she thinks my family is going to keep me locked down and bottled up. She is now saying she wants to pack up and mve back to India. She said her family wouldn't do this to me, and we could stay there.....she wants to go home

AlbanianMuslim
02-27-2010, 04:27 AM
Sorry that you are going through such a rough time. I hope it gets better for you.
Stay strong.

★ηαѕιнα★
02-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Thats shocking seriously. I didnt know this could get out of hand this much. And I didnt know Italian culture was like this...even more macho then Arab cultures. I can understand why though. In Italy the weakest familys suffer right? And the strong familys survive. Your family is in survivalmode, maybe always has been. Until it became a part of their culture. Maybe your family should be remembered you guys arent in Italy atm.
I dont know what to say actually. I just feel very sorry for you atm. I can only say ill keep making dua for you.

Salaam

Cabdullahi
02-27-2010, 11:28 AM
hope for the best?

Italianguy
02-27-2010, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
hope for the best?
Thank you Abdullahii.:D

God be with you.

Italianguy
02-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Thats shocking seriously. I didnt know this could get out of hand this much. And I didnt know Italian culture was like this...even more macho then Arab cultures. I can understand why though. In Italy the weakest familys suffer right? And the strong familys survive. Your family is in survivalmode, maybe always has been. Until it became a part of their culture. Maybe your family should be remembered you guys arent in Italy atm.
I dont know what to say actually. I just feel very sorry for you atm. I can only say ill keep making dua for you.

Salaam
Oh yeah, it can get worse:phew I applogised to them and just told them i was having a tough time with workimsad.....Hopefully it can just go back to normal now:hmm:....wether it be good or bad, I will just deal with it.

Italian culture differes on region and culture it's not all like what you see on TV. The bigger city's like Palermo, Milan, and Venice are more liberal and then there's always Vatican city.....which is in a world of it's own.

We come from a soldiers backround, or military, from as far back as the Roman Empire. So that is in our culture some. We have not really evolved much in a long time, the elders try to keep us from being "Westernized" ...."Just in case" ,why they say just in case...I don't know? They hold our family traditions and culture very close to heart. They do not deviate from faith and cultural belief.

My elders are fighters through and through. The men NEVER cry or show any weakness.

I laugh sometimes, I think they think the Roman and Mughal empires will rise again?

Overall my family are awesome, they are sincere about family and it doesn't matter what race or faith you are after you become part of the family. To them, when you are married, you(meaning my wife) are blood related and they would die for you!

Woodrow
02-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Oh, the pleasures of "Old Country" culture.

The thing to always remember is the importance of the values that are placed upon family and loyalty to family. You have to have admiration for the dedication placed on protecting all aspects of the family.

Often times we have to keep our own life separated from the traditional family cultures. This does not mean fighting or disobeying family culture. It means using the family strengths and adapting them to fulfill one's own needs. If you approach family from strength and not of disagreement, you can often get support from the family. but, the important thing to make them understand is that you will always be willing to help any family member in need.

It is difficult to be the pioneer and having to be the one who sets the pace for improvements of family traditions, without damaging family ties.

My prayers are for you to find peace and resolution during these trials and may they be the steps that lead you to happiness.

CosmicPathos
02-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Oh yeah, it can get worse:phew I applogised to them and just told them i was having a tough time with workimsad.....Hopefully it can just go back to normal now:hmm:....wether it be good or bad, I will just deal with it.

Italian culture differes on region and culture it's not all like what you see on TV. The bigger city's like Palermo, Milan, and Venice are more liberal and then there's always Vatican city.....which is in a world of it's own.

We come from a soldiers backround, or military, from as far back as the Roman Empire. So that is in our culture some. We have not really evolved much in a long time, the elders try to keep us from being "Westernized" ...."Just in case" ,why they say just in case...I don't know? They hold our family traditions and culture very close to heart. They do not deviate from faith and cultural belief.

My elders are fighters through and through. The men NEVER cry or show any weakness.

I laugh sometimes, I think they think the Roman and Mughal empires will rise again?

Overall my family are awesome, they are sincere about family and it doesn't matter what race or faith you are after you become part of the family. To them, when you are married, you(meaning my wife) are blood related and they would die for you!

oh so its not only desis who do not want their family values to be lost to "westernization."

I hope you are doing good emotionally.

Italianguy
02-28-2010, 05:23 AM
oh so its not only desis who do not want their family values to be lost to "westernization."

I hope you are doing good emotionally.
Of course i am brother....I am not allowed to have emmotion remember.

Thank you for your concern, you have a kind heart. May God bless you with peace and happiness.

Your right, you should hear my wifes parents talk about westerners....:omg: I won't say anything, YOU know what I am talking about......Ahmedeekans;D:nervous:

You can take the Indian out of India....But you can't take India out of the Indian.lol I wouldn't want to anyway.

CosmicPathos
02-28-2010, 05:52 AM
Of course i am brother....I am not allowed to have emmotion remember.

Thank you for your concern, you have a kind heart. May God bless you with peace and happiness.

Your right, you should hear my wifes parents talk about westerners....:omg: I won't say anything, YOU know what I am talking about......Ahmedeekans;D:nervous:

You can take the Indian out of India....But you can't take India out of the Indian.lol I wouldn't want to anyway.
Yes, they are very patriotic. That is why its very hard to differentiate between Hinduism and Indian culture. They are intertwined heavily. And that is precisely why Hindu reverts to Islam go through so much trouble, it is seen as rebellion for whatever being an Indian stands for: Hinduism, family values, culture, history, ethnicity.

Anyways, I hope your elders understand that old times have gone, we stare into an unknown future.

Italianguy
02-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Yes, they are very patriotic. That is why its very hard to differentiate between Hinduism and Indian culture. They are intertwined heavily. And that is precisely why Hindu reverts to Islam go through so much trouble, it is seen as rebellion for whatever being an Indian stands for: Hinduism, family values, culture, history, ethnicity.

Anyways, I hope your elders understand that old times have gone, we stare into an unknown future.
LOL, My elders will never get out of the Roman empire mode of thought. Honestly.....I like it:embarrass It keeps us from becoming liberal and westernised. I nor they hate the US or "Amreekans" they just hate how the westernised countries forget faith and worship themselves as masters of the universe....and then say "God made me do it" when they should be saying "Il diavolo (the devil) made me do it" . ...their words, not mine.

Italianguy
02-28-2010, 06:03 AM

The future can be told if we just look at what the human race is doing to religion in all faiths.....and it doesn't look good for our futureimsad I feel sorry for my kids, kids. It looks bleek for them.

CosmicPathos
02-28-2010, 06:05 AM
The future can be told if we just look at what the human race is doing to religion in all faiths.....and it doesn't look good for our futureimsad I feel sorry for my kids, kids. It looks bleek for them.
yea man. Especially with the increasing number of atheists in South Asia.

Italianguy
02-28-2010, 06:08 AM
yea man. Especially with the increasing number of atheists in South Asia.
I know, it's sadimsad So many are becoming unbelievers. I think in 100 years Christians and Muslims will be the only ones left.

★ηαѕιнα★
02-28-2010, 09:50 AM
What about Jews. Are the dying out or so? I dont think I ever came across a Jew in my whole life now I think of it..
I know from a book I red that when Judgement Day comes there will be no single believer in this world. So us believers are actually preventing that day from coming (and Allah swt ofcourse).

Woodrow
02-28-2010, 06:35 PM
What about Jews. Are the dying out or so? I dont think I ever came across a Jew in my whole life now I think of it..
I know from a book I red that when Judgement Day comes there will be no single believer in this world. So us believers are actually preventing that day from coming (and Allah swt ofcourse).
Many people in the US have never come across of any Jews, and nearly half of the world's Jews live in the US. Most of the US states have a zero Jewish population.

Worldwide the number of Jews is very small.

The worldwide Jewish population is 13.3 million Jews. Jewish population growth worldwide is close to zero percent. From 2000 to 2001 it rose 0.3%, compared to worldwide population growth of 1.4%.
SOURCE: http://www.simpletoremember.com/vita...population.htm

Italianguy
02-28-2010, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
aww...italianguy... you have a spiritual heart thats why you're feel the way you're suppose to feel. You should feel blessed since not everyone has a soft heart and be spiritual like you. You're in the crossroads...and lots of people are like you when come to the crossroads. So just bear in mind that you're not alone :).

And about meeting us... you can always make a dinner party and invite us all lol :D
LOL, I didn't see the dinner party part. My wife would love it! She loves to cook!:D Now i have to find a way to tell her she has to make 10,000 samosas;D, Chapatis, biryani, Naan, chicken tikka marsala, Pallak Paneer and for desert, some Kheer!....I love kheer:statisfie

Go ahead and place your orders;D Now I have to find a place to do this:phew

God be with you

Danah
02-28-2010, 08:27 PM
I ask Allah to open your heart to the truth which will clarify all your doubts and grant you the inner peace you are looking for very soon.

I wish things work for you I.G with family.

Italianguy
03-01-2010, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
I ask Allah to open your heart to the truth which will clarify all your doubts and grant you the inner peace you are looking for very soon.

I wish things work for you I.G with family.
Many thanks to you sis:D:embarrass I will keep all of you in my prayers as well, as I always do.

Italianguy
03-01-2010, 05:13 AM
Well, things got a little out of hand today....and a little funny for a change. We had a sit down with some of my uncles, aunties, mother and brothers. It started off heated, and then......my brother, younger brother i might add, said to my mother "Le donne, tiene la sua lingua, finché lei ha il permesso per parlare! Translated basically he told my mother to shut up until she has permission to speak!:phew......so as he walked away crying and bruised in the face:hiding:...i couldn't help but laugh my a** off. .....That didn't help either.

★ηαѕιнα★
03-01-2010, 12:33 PM
^^ Awws dont laugh too hard though. Maybe your lil bro could actually help you on this one. :)

Italianguy
03-01-2010, 05:11 PM
^^ Awws dont laugh too hard though. Maybe your lil bro could actually help you on this one. :)
lol, i doubt it, he is the one we worry about the most. He has, let's just say....a rough past.:phew He thinks he will be able to take command one day, but I doubt it. He looks at it as a chance to control people, and it's not. But at least I was able to laugh...for once...for at least a minute...then I got bopped by aunty:hiding: I was still laughing;D:embarrass:shade:

Italianguy
03-02-2010, 10:27 PM
God is truly Great!!!!!!!!!!!:D

north_malaysian
03-03-2010, 03:59 AM
LOL, I didn't see the dinner party part. My wife would love it! She loves to cook!:D Now i have to find a way to tell her she has to make 10,000 samosas;D, Chapatis, biryani, Naan, chicken tikka marsala, Pallak Paneer and for desert, some Kheer!....I love kheer:statisfie
It's 12 noon here... and now i am so hungry after reading this post ... :hiding:

Italianguy
03-03-2010, 04:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
It's 12 noon here... and now i am so hungry after reading this post ... :hiding:
LOL, It's 11:00pm where I am. Take a lunch break bro! Can you pick me up some naan on your way back? I have plenty of biryani, but no naan.;D

north_malaysian
03-03-2010, 09:17 AM
LOL, It's 11:00pm where I am. Take a lunch break bro! Can you pick me up some naan on your way back? I have plenty of biryani, but no naan.;D
I had claypot black pepper chicken noodle with egg for lunch .... Alhamdulillah :statisfie

★ηαѕιнα★
03-03-2010, 09:22 AM
biryani is like rice right? Pakistani's usually make that, Indians as well?

north_malaysian
03-03-2010, 09:27 AM
biryani is like rice right? Pakistani's usually make that, Indians as well?
Malaysians too... (in our language: "Nasi Beriani")

sister herb
03-03-2010, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Malaysians too... (in our language: "Nasi Beriani")
Now fast everybody... go and run to looking for something to eat beside your computers... seems those some here will start to talk about biryani - and it will be endless discussion what makes every others too hungry.

:phew

zakirs
03-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Talking about biryani , I have just come home from univ and have been stuffing myself with loads of biryani and chicken :D :D :D

@Italianguy: thanks to u too bro

Muhammad
03-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I believe this thread has served its purpose. Hence:

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!