/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with our communities

Ummu Sufyaan
02-24-2010, 04:43 AM
:sl:
a trend i have noticed occurring and reoccurring amongst our Muslim communities is it that when we start a project or initiative, such as a quran memorization group, or a fiqh class or anything beneficial, we just seem to get all motivated at the beginning, then slack off?
why does this always seem to happen? is it the teachers that are bad? are we not heading towards the same directions? are our intentions not "in-line" are we not properly understanding what it is that we are undertaking, but instead undertake these projects because it look and sounds good and it maybe convenient?

i cant seem to pinpoint where the problem is actually coming from...any ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlbanianMuslim
02-24-2010, 05:00 AM
I have noticed it too. :( I think people are just not strong in their want to do some of these things, not passionate enough I dont know.
The leaders/teachers I have met are usually very good and very passionate about the programs and what not, but after the first meeting...the number of people who show up diminishes.

CosmicPathos
02-24-2010, 05:01 AM
1- Weakness in firmness of faith in the Unseen
2- Doubts regarding day of judgment and consequences
3- Too much involved in dunya.

I think the problem can be anyone or all of these.

Woodrow
02-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Sadly many people who join any group or joint venture, do so because they believe it will require less work on themselves. When they discover it requires more work and a commitment along with organied structure to complete they task, they gently bow out and become invisible or none participating members.

It only takes a very small number like that to cause any endeavor to come to an end.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
waqas maqsood
02-24-2010, 05:38 AM
I have this trait in myself that I'll leave things half way since childhood. From Education, Hifz, IT training, business...

I just tend to lose interest, pessimist or busy..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.