/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how do you deal with depression?

abdulali
02-24-2010, 10:35 PM
what is a good way to deal with depression from an islamic prespective?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
02-25-2010, 01:08 AM
:sl:

pls visit our health and science section which has two or more topics dealing with depression, depression with panic and anxiety..

I think you might benefit from reading them wholly. One of the admin here shared a recipe from prophet medicine called talbeen which includes barley in milk and honey.. that along with support, medication, prayers and letting people around you know so they can be educated on your condition and able to help you along in your difficult journey are all steps in the right direction to help you get back to life again..

pls. know that depression can strike anyone and that it is due to a combination of things, chemical, environmental, genetic, seasonal .. so it is important that you seek help because it is 'treatable' but only if you seek help.. like any other malady it won't go away by being ignored..

wishing you all the best insha'Allah, there are quite a few of us out there, but I think we are unique.. to battle inner demons really shows great strength of character..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

happy
02-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Invocations for anguish
http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/035.html

Invocations in times of worry and grief
http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/034.html
this might help

zana
02-25-2010, 03:35 PM
read and pray

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abdulali
02-25-2010, 10:41 PM
thanks for the advise :statisfie

AlbanianMuslim
02-26-2010, 06:35 PM
I clean, a lot. I scrub the bathrooms in my house, the kitchen sink till it gleams, the floors, wipe dust every single place i find it, vacuum, vacuum some more, and on and on until im exhausted...this may sound kind of silly but physical activity causes endorphins which make you feel better. Staying active combats depression. Allah swt gave us the bodies we have to use them.

As for an islamic perspective, I perform Wudu and read the Kuran or I read some other Islamic material. I love love loooooove to read stories about the prophets, their wives, and other important people in Islam. Their stories make my problems seem so small I laugh at myself

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!