/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalam alaiykum.We are evolutionist muslims

evmus
02-26-2010, 04:16 PM
We are muslims who accept theory of evoution.We dont think theory of evolution contradict İslam.Unfortunately we dont have English documents enough.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8260843&ref=mf

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AhlaamBella
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Oh really? Please could you explain to me how the Theory of Evolution does not contradict Islamic teachings?

evmus
02-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Actually i have very good articles but unfortunately they're in Turkish.But you can read these.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...43&topic=16738
http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/evolve.htm

And watch this.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....7827379&ref=mf

AhlaamBella
02-26-2010, 05:39 PM
hmm. In order for this discussion to continue, I suggest it be moved to another thread.

However, I read through the first article you posted and found nothing to support Evolution. You used little evidence from The Qur'an for evolution and the rest was scientific theories of astronomy that seemed to have some mild reference in the Qur'an.

In response to your Qur'anic evidence supporting Evolution (Surah 71, ayah 14) I believe if you turn to Surah 22, ayat 5 and Surah 23, ayah 12-15, you will see the stages and forms we were created in as mentioned in surah 71. You will find that those stages are not evolutionary stages but stages of an embryo in the womb.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sampharo
02-26-2010, 06:35 PM
The very concept of evolution was by foundation a contradiction to God and the creation of mankind. Its propagation was profoundly due to the communist agenda of suppressing religion, which they saw as a threat to the communist movement.

Adam and Eve creation, story, and being the origin of mankind, along with the creation of all major families of living things separately and independently are fundamentally grounded in the Quran. You CANNOT say you are muslim who declare that Mohamed is the messenger of God and then deny the message (Quran and Islam).

Believing in evolution in terms of descendency from apes, or that animals came about through mutation influenced by a combination of chance and natural selection, leads directly to kufr akbar.

When will muslims understand what Islam is? :( Subhan Allah

Strzelecki
03-01-2010, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by evmus
Actually i have very good articles but unfortunately they're in Turkish.But you can read these.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...43&topic=16738
http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/evolve.htm

And watch this.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....7827379&ref=mf
Perhaps you could translate, as you obviously know both languages?

SMA89
03-01-2010, 01:24 AM
I Joined...............:)

CosmicPathos
03-01-2010, 01:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by evmus
We are muslims who accept theory of evoution.We dont think theory of evolution contradict İslam.Unfortunately we dont have English documents enough.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8260843&ref=mf
Do you really have a strong background in biological sciences or are you guys evolutionists just because you have been persuaded by those who supposedly possess the keys to biological knowledge?

You do not even understand evolution if I am to judge your knowledge from the picture on that fasadbook group page. That picture is inherently misleading as it shows that monkeys became men. On the contrary, what has been proposed by the evolutionists sitting in Ivory Towers is quite opposite.

By the way I question evolution not because it is contradictory to Quran. I do it based on scientific grounds. I personally do not feel that we can deduce that evolution is wrong from Quran. Quran has no specific statement regarding it. Challenge any theory using the same tools which were used to propose it in the first place. That should be the motto.

barney
03-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Top work chaps and chapesses.

It would be interesting to know. Do you veiw Adam and Eve as being representative of the first "True Humans", In other words say Homo Habilis or wherever your cutoff point comes.
I personally think Habilis shouldnt count as there are many animals that use tools.
Homo erectus were the first social beings and thus had the rudiments of language. Language is my defination of what seperated us from Habilis and its such an important skill.

Lynx
03-01-2010, 02:21 AM
There are numerous verses and statements from the hadith that say Adam was the father of all men. It's probably insane to try to fit evolution into Islam. Well, human evolution.

barney
03-01-2010, 02:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lynx
There are numerous verses and statements from the hadith that say Adam was the father of all men. It's probably insane to try to fit evolution into Islam. Well, human evolution.
Meh, Christians have managed to fluff the bible into a metaphorical wish-wash and they had to contend with six day creation and rib-women. It's easy to do.
Only the most fanatical and comedic American evangelists stick to creationism now. I love their musems with the T-Rex's on the Ark and the "wheres the missing link" "I nver saw a frog give birth to a monkey" line of inquiry.

All thats needed is for someone, like the brothers in the OP's club, to say, Allah was giving an easy to understand story that symbolised creation in a way that 7th Century tribes could understand.

Italianguy
03-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Is this guy for real?? Evolution can be explained like this: God decided what would, did, and will continue to happen.

We didn't evolve from a single cell amoeba.....well maybe sea monkeys orrrrrrr kangaroos?

barney
03-01-2010, 02:59 AM
Ameoba evolved into multicellular animals and plants, but they were not the only single celled protozoa.
Kangaroos are marsupials so we certainly diddnt evolve from them ;D

if God created evolution, then he was certainly going the long road around creation!

Italianguy
03-01-2010, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Ameoba evolved into multicellular animals and plants, but they were not the only single celled protozoa.
Kangaroos are marsupials so we certainly diddnt evolve from them ;D

if God created evolution, then he was certainly going the long road around creation!
You forgot , sea monkeys, my sharp toothed purple friend;D

I was just saying kangaroos and sea monkeys, because i have seen some people that look like them;D ....you never know;D

I wonder if this guy is even for real? Doesn't his little...club? contradict Islams beliefs?

barney
03-01-2010, 03:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
You forgot , sea monkeys, my sharp toothed purple friend;D

I was just saying kangaroos and sea monkeys, because i have seen some people that look like them;D ....you never know;D

I wonder if this guy is even for real? Doesn't his little...club? contradict Islams beliefs?
theres scope for seamonkeys in evolution, they just havnt eveolved yet cos monkeys live inland. Stick some on the coast and wait ten thousand years or so. Nature does the rest!
He is certainly for real. I personally know a few evolutionary muslims, who pretty much use the arguements I already posted. Allah was speaking metaphorically. A clot of blood means to them something worthless. Not a literal clot of blood.
Lines like "I swear by the pen" dosnt mean that a pen was being sworn to, it means the writings are their own truth.

In any religion, theres space for adaption to a more metaphoric interpretation. Christianity battled to do it with frantic haste as the religion lost power. It was a neccesity to keep the thing patched together.

Islam hasnt quite got that need yet,it hasnt lost its power except perhaps a little in Turkey, and probably wont have for many centuries. The fear of shirk and the punishments therein combined with the states using it as a control mechanism have kept literalism as fresh today as it was a millenia ago.

Italianguy
03-01-2010, 03:30 AM
theres scope for seamonkeys in evolution, they just havnt eveolved yet cos monkeys live inland. Stick some on the coast and wait ten thousand years or so. Nature does the rest!
He is certainly for real. I personally know a few evolutionary muslims, who pretty much use the arguements I already posted. Allah was speaking metaphorically. A clot of blood means to them something worthless. Not a literal clot of blood.
Lines like "I swear by the pen" dosnt mean that a pen was being sworn to, it means the writings are their own truth.

In any religion, theres space for adaption to a more metaphoric interpretation. Christianity battled to do it with frantic haste as the religion lost power. It was a neccesity to keep the thing patched together.

Islam hasnt quite got that need yet,it hasnt lost its power except perhaps a little in Turkey, and probably wont have for many centuries. The fear of shirk and the punishments therein combined with the states using it as a control mechanism have kept literalism as fresh today as it was a millenia ago.
I didn't know there were evolutionist Muslims? A new concept for me. I wont put any effort into research for it though. Now, as for seamonkeys....much more interesting;D

barney
03-01-2010, 03:50 AM
I think most Muslims would say theyre not Real proper muslims. Perhaps theyre right!
By the way, whats your sig say now?

Italianguy
03-01-2010, 04:59 AM
I think most Muslims would say theyre not Real proper muslims. Perhaps theyre right!
By the way, whats your sig say now?
It's Aramaic, I have ben trying to learn as much as I can, it's hard because there aren't many resources for it.

Abwûn,("Oh Thou, from whom the breath of life comes)

Têtê malkuthach,( Your Heavenly Domain approaches.)

Hawvlân lachma d'sûnkanân jaomâna.(Give us wisdom (understanding, assistance) for our daily need)

Wela tachlân l'nesjuna, (Let us not be lost in superficial things (materialism, common temptations),

Metol dilachie malkutha wahaila wateschbuchta l'ahlâm almîn. (From You comes the all-working will, the lively strength to act,
the song that beautifies all and renews itself from age to age.)

Amên.(Sealed in trust, faith and truth.
(I confirm with my entire being)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!