/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to do this on Ms Publisher 2007?

Life_Is_Short
02-26-2010, 11:20 PM
:sl:

I need to know how to do drop cap function for an article.

Jazak'Allah Khair. :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
02-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Im not good at that unfortunately but i hope this link helps InshaAllah!

http://malektips.com/publisher-2007-drop-cap.html

MMohammed
02-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Do it with CSS:
Code:
first-letter{
font-size:15px;
float:left;
}
Have fun with CSS, dont depend totally on Publisher.CSS is also very very easy and you have to only link it to your Html Page to do that
For example,
This will be your Html Page:
Code:
<html>
<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" type="text/css">
</head>
<body>A fox jumps over the cat</body>
</html>
link rel.. is to link the CSS file with HTML.In other words, HTML will import its decoration and style with that.But with what?
A css file.You have to make a new CSS file and save it with .css format and its name must be "styles" as you can see in the link rel tag, we gave the url(or href), styles.css, so styles will be it's name and css file be its format.And edit the CSS file and enter this:
Code:
first-letter{
font-size:15px;
font-weight:bold;
float:left;
}
You can easily see that the CSS file is telling to HTML to make the first-letter(the letter at the beginning of the sentence), big(15px;increase as you want), bold or thick and to stay at left(remove float:left if your text is not wrapped in paragraph;<p> tags or it can make a problem) like the one you gave the picture of.
And it's result will be:

CSS is easy, isn't it?
I am ready to help you anytime

Life_Is_Short
03-01-2010, 01:08 PM
^Jazak'Allah brother but that is way too complicated.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MMohammed
03-01-2010, 01:12 PM
It ain't.I have described it wholly and that's why it looks hard.
Go to www.w3schools.com and stop using publisher!

Life_Is_Short
03-01-2010, 01:25 PM
All in good time. Ins'Allah.

I need to write this article on publisher, for now.

Jazak'Allah Khair.

MMohammed
03-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Its ok :)
Which website do you work on?

Life_Is_Short
03-01-2010, 02:14 PM
This is not for a website although it would be a good idea to put this article on mine.
I created this one for A-level students once: http://www.a-levelresources.viviti.com/ They have ready made templates though.

'Abd al-Baari
03-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

Highlight your text, go to 'Format' and click on 'Drop Cap' and that should give you the option that you're looking for inshaa'Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!