/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Was this teacher rude?

AnonymousPoster
02-27-2010, 12:23 PM
:sl:

At college today, a business teache of mine came into my other business class today asking where people were on tuesday due to missing a 'class' exam. Most people were bunking off, apart from me. I was literally ill that day, even the school phoned me and I told them I'm ill. He asked me where I was, I said I was ill, he was like "yeah yeah". He then goes everyone missed the the day due to that exam, I said to him I was ill for the whole day due to a bad cold. He then goes to me "Shut up, I couldn't care less." I wanted to shout at him but I was trying to hold my anger back. He's also a Muslim and looks like religious. Could I do anything about it?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S<Chowdhury
02-27-2010, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

At college today, a business teache of mine came into my other business class today asking where people were on tuesday due to missing a 'class' exam. Most people were bunking off, apart from me. I was literally ill that day, even the school phoned me and I told them I'm ill. He asked me where I was, I said I was ill, he was like "yeah yeah". He then goes everyone missed the the day due to that exam, I said to him I was ill for the whole day due to a bad cold. He then goes to me "Shut up, I couldn't care less." I wanted to shout at him but I was trying to hold my anger back. He's also a Muslim and looks like religious. Could I do anything about it?

Defo that teacher was rude to you Bro you had a valid excuse and he shouldn't be telling you to shut up :raging: and I'm glad you held your anger back i wish i did at school imsad.......yeah you can do something about it just make a formal complaint to your head of year saying you found his conduct rude etc etc and they should resolve the issue.

cat eyes
02-27-2010, 06:28 PM
you can complain about him.. teachers are not allowed to abuse there students and accuse them of lying and things like that. have you got a doctors letter? id suggest you get one to prove your innocence. also it would have been a wise thing to record that conversation with him to get his ass fired

KittenLover
02-27-2010, 06:32 PM
he is not allowed to speak to you like that, write a letter of complaint to the head master, if nothing is done then take it higher, and you go all the way up untill somebody does something.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SMA89
02-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Yes that was rude, he could get fired for that but it depends where you live.
My teacher called me stupid before lol but it meant nothing to me. I just took it like a man.

CosmicPathos
02-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Well, teachers have a reason to suspect the whole class falling ill on one single day. Students in my uni (more than 60,000 students) use this to defer their tests and buy more time to study to get high marks by exaggerating their illness to the doctor for getting a doctor's note. This matters because when the competition to get high marks is cut throat, this seems unfair to those students who do not lie and show up for exams on the due dates.

I,however, do not like that teacher told you to "shut up."

Dagless
02-27-2010, 06:37 PM
You usually only have the same teacher for one semester so I'd hold off complaining about him until you pass his class. He can make things difficult for you if he knows you've been complaining about him.
If it hurt you that much you should have stayed behind and told him you found it abusive when he spoke to you like that. Then again he might have just said who are you to tell me that and you would have had to headbutt him and run. Running with a bag can be difficult.

Karina
02-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Hey everyone give the guy a break!

He's only human.

Okay, he should probably have given you a bit more credit, but it sounds like he was having a bad day - and we all have bad days when we can't contain our disappointment/anger with others.

I bet he felt awful afterwards.... or if not then he's probably generally a very unhappy person and we should feel sorry for him!

:)

Life_Is_Short
02-27-2010, 07:38 PM

Prove to him that you were ill. Get a note from your mum if it's that big of an issue otherwise forgive and forget.

If he does it again and again then write a formal letter to the complaints department. That's what i did with one of my teacher. She kept assuming things about me even after i proved to her that i was a good student so it was time to set things straight by destroying her perfect record. :raging:

The college will examine the seriousness of the situation before writing it down in his record and you will need to provide proof.

cat eyes
02-27-2010, 08:50 PM
the problems with these cases is you always need prove like a witness or anyone who might have been there when he was jumping down your throat and he probably knows that very well so he thinks he can treat any one how he wants

my gosh even if he was lying about his illness you cant just accuse people anyway. whats wrong with people :hmm:

My sister once told me that her teacher called her a loser in front of everybody just because she was late for class once. i had a good mind to go into that school and sort her out

AlbanianMuslim
02-27-2010, 09:42 PM
WOAH hold up people take a step back. How many of us have slipped up and been rude? Maybe he was having a terrible day. Maybe he truly believed you were skipping class.

As a teacher, I absolutely detest when people skip on text or quiz days. It is an unbelievable hassle to reschedule.

I think you should go talk to him in private and apologize for not letting him know in advance and promise that in the future you will make sure to have a doctors note and notify him before class that you will not be in attendance. (Even though there is nothing wrong with staying home when you are sick, just take the high road on this one)
When my students do that, I am very understanding and it shows the student respects my time and knows it is an inconvenience when students dont attend class.

He was out of line saying shut up to you. But do not complain about him yet. Wait until you have finished the course and then notify the head of the department he is in. They WILL take into account what you say, often people dont complain because they fear nothing will be done but I assure you that the administration does not allow that type of behavior and will address it accordingly.

So in the future:
When you feel ill, dont wait for the school to call you. Call the school, preferably email or call that particular teacher and let them know you are ill.
If you go to the doctor, ask the Dr. to write you a note.
When you return to class, find a day and time that is convenient for the teacher then for you. That way you will be on his good side (even if he is a bit moody)
Hope that helps.

AnonymousPoster
02-27-2010, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMuslim
WOAH hold up people take a step back. How many of us have slipped up and been rude? Maybe he was having a terrible day. Maybe he truly believed you were skipping class.

As a teacher, I absolutely detest when people skip on text or quiz days. It is an unbelievable hassle to reschedule.

I think you should go talk to him in private and apologize for not letting him know in advance and promise that in the future you will make sure to have a doctors note and notify him before class that you will not be in attendance. (Even though there is nothing wrong with staying home when you are sick, just take the high road on this one)
When my students do that, I am very understanding and it shows the student respects my time and knows it is an inconvenience when students dont attend class.

He was out of line saying shut up to you. But do not complain about him yet. Wait until you have finished the course and then notify the head of the department he is in. They WILL take into account what you say, often people dont complain because they fear nothing will be done but I assure you that the administration does not allow that type of behavior and will address it accordingly.

So in the future:
When you feel ill, dont wait for the school to call you. Call the school, preferably email or call that particular teacher and let them know you are ill.
If you go to the doctor, ask the Dr. to write you a note.
When you return to class, find a day and time that is convenient for the teacher then for you. That way you will be on his good side (even if he is a bit moody)
Hope that helps.
Akh, the deputy head of sixth form called my house asking where I was. My mother told her that I had a really bad cold. The deputy head then said I see, I hope he feels better. Also, he calls me and a few other people 'refugees' infront of the whole class due to the fact were new to the school. I feel to really shout at him back, but the fact that he's a Muslim just like me holds my anger back. He's also meant to set a good example towards fellow Muslim students.

AlbanianMuslim
02-28-2010, 12:56 AM
In that case you should talk to your fellow students who have been subjected to his comments and meet with the head of the school along with your parents. He is way out of line if he is constantly berating you and other students.

CosmicPathos
02-28-2010, 01:02 AM
Akh, the deputy head of sixth form called my house asking where I was. My mother told her that I had a really bad cold. The deputy head then said I see, I hope he feels better. Also, he calls me and a few other people 'refugees' infront of the whole class due to the fact were new to the school. I feel to really shout at him back, but the fact that he's a Muslim just like me holds my anger back. He's also meant to set a good example towards fellow Muslim students.
Is this in the UK? Take that idiot to the court.

AnonymousPoster
02-28-2010, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Is this in the UK? Take that idiot to the court.
Yeah it's in the UK akh.

noorseeker
02-28-2010, 06:56 AM
its in the past now , so please move on.

He is not going to be the last person to be rude to you in this life

As long as you know your are on the haqq , it doesnt matter.

tango92
02-28-2010, 07:15 AM
swallow your pride fam, its better to forgive him and hope Allah will show the same mercy to you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!