/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Beware of this threat!

MMohammed
02-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Salamz..Today after a bit of learning Python..I decided to surf on net for some fun after geeky stuff :D....
When I opened my Google Chrome, I received an error that my pc is infected by some very dangerous spywares..I clicked scan and a fake Windows xp window opened and a link to download AntiVirus..At first I didnt think that it could be a trick..but then I realized that it was a virus itself because I am running Windows 7 and how could an XP Window pop up and inside Chrome!??Fortunately, the file and the installer didn't open(Yet It can be a virus and it could do its job secretly??)
LoL.However, I want you to be aware of that....Dont get fooled...dont download that file....Leave it...And because of its speed, I switched to Chrome..and finally again, as always, I am installing Firefox, the browser, now I love forever!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
02-27-2010, 05:08 PM
What you saw was just a popup, not a real system window :p Those types of "virus found", "scanning pc", etc. adverts have been around for the last few years. Its just a bordless browser window with an image link.

SMA89
02-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Hahahahahahaha

Edit: sorry I wasn't trying to be rude but it reminds me of what my friend did.

Alpha Dude
02-27-2010, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SMA89
Hahahahahahaha
What's so funny?

Let's not be disrespectful. The brother may have made a mistake, but he obviously had the noble and sincere intention of helping others. No need to mock.

Nobody is perfect in knowledge and understanding.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MMohammed
02-27-2010, 06:19 PM
@dagless, what you are talking about happens daily :p lol.I am not talking about that(it was an alert not a popup.You can always see when its popup) but even the theme and style was like my google chrome theme(the table header with Bluish gradient) and it was a basic javascript alert not a borderless image if I tell you and it gave me two options "Scan or Leave".And it was not in between the browsing, it was just when I started the session :)
@SMA89
Very Funny :).Yah.Kool :P.Isn't it?
LOL LOL LOLXXXX
@Alpha Dude
JazakAllah and I sincerely want you guys to save your PC from it coz it looks pretty professional! :p
I have been through viruses and malwares, yet didn't experience the like of this before.
Thanks God my PC is safe!
And InshaAllah there wont be any problems after I reboot(mysterious lol scary)

Nimboo
02-27-2010, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MMohammed

When I opened my Google Chrome

^^^This :D

Your warning us about Fake AV Scanner advert thingies yet your using Google Chorome, A browser that tracks your browsing and search habits and uses the data to provide "Marketing" to you based on your interests. Google themselves state that the collected data is paired with your IP and is kept indefinitely. It even tracks what you have types in the search bar (even stuff that you typed and didn't press enter)

Read Google Chormes' Privacy Policy (including Google.com's)

Do the right thing, Use Internet Explorer*

*Firefox

Life_Is_Short
02-27-2010, 10:56 PM
I downloaded "Anti Virus Pro 2009" virus/scam twice on my computer by accident. :embarrass First it stops you from using the internet and then it starts automatically playing Radio in the background. :exhausted

If it ever happens to you download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and perform a quick scan.

MMohammed
02-28-2010, 12:05 PM
@Nimboo, exactly.I heard that but ignored that, now I have changed my mind.
@Life_is_short, I also prefer Malware Bytes.Its trusted and powerful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!