/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Night Prayer

anonymous
02-28-2010, 05:01 AM
:sl:

Please tell me some tips to wake up for night prayer. I keep alarm to wake up an hour before fajr, but most of the days I tend to switch it off and go back to a disturbed sleep, until I wake up when I hear Fajr adhan. Only today it occured to me that I should be constantly asking for Allah's help for waking me up at night time. I would really like to know how some of you manage to stay awake for night prayer.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
02-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Tips:

http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/2...m-al-layl.html

transition?
02-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Perhaps realizing it might be your last night and as soon as the sun rises, death has been written for you, how might you spend your last night?

ardianto
02-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Do not use any alarm.

If you have 'niah' (intention) to wake up for 'tahajjud', you will be awake.

Just try.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
03-01-2010, 12:53 PM
one tip is to eat/dinner early in night and eat less.

syilla
03-03-2010, 05:05 AM
or drink lots and lots of water after dinner :D

tigerkhan
03-03-2010, 09:28 AM
:sl:
Hmmmm
but i think we have to drink water in start or mid of meal bcz drinking water after meal is not good for health and i think this thing is also advised in islam...
JZK
:wa:

syilla
03-03-2010, 09:34 AM
^^^ not right away after dinner... probably half an hour after that.

Sampharo
03-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Imam Abu Hamed Al-Ghazali listed four apparent reasons and four inner reasons to help sustain one with night prayers:

The apparent reasons:
1- Not to over eat, because that will lead to over drink, which makes sleep overpowering and makes Night prayer heavy.
2- Not to tire oneself during the day in useless things.
3- Not to miss the aftrenoon nap (Qayloola), for it sustains your night prayer.
4- Not to engross in evil deeds, for it will diminish the desire for night prayer.

The inner reasons
1- Guarding the heart against hatred of other muslims, against innovations and against curiosity in the mortal Dunia.
2- Fear of God binding your heart, with shortness of hope.
3- To learn and know the virtues and benefits of the night prayer.
4- Love of God (strongest motivator), strength of belief in that every word in night prayer every letter he speaks is communication with Allah.

Additionally, anonymous, know that the best night prayer is indeed the last third of the night, before fajr comes, but that it is not the ONLY way of praying the night. If you have a structured day that is making it too hard to do so, then after you finish Isha and its Ratiba, start your night prayers and make your witr before going to sleep.

However if you do that, it is still good if you can wake up before fajr and catch a few moments of that golden hour to make suppllication and tasbeeh.

Allah al-mowaffeq

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!