/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Trip to Desert *Pictures*

Danah
02-28-2010, 06:50 PM
:sl:

I know many people here are obsessed with Desert so I thought of sharing pictures of my today's trip to desert. It was a good chance to go there after the rain we were blessed with last night, so the weather was very helpful indeed with those amazing clouds.

It was very early in the morning with my brothers. Here is when we firstly arrived, it was around 6:30 AM

a view for the area I live in:

Something that my brothers can't live without when it comes to desert:

Some people got their car stuck in sand:

we too got ours stuck there becuz the sand after rain is not typical for cars and here is the mess we made in sand:

I am still wondering, how come one spot is wet while the other is not!! the rain covered all the area last night!! SubhanAllah

And finally, we were very blessed to see some camels around before we left:

See more here and feel free to comment there

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
02-28-2010, 06:53 PM
:omg: that dirtbiking thing looks SO cool and fun. :X Jazakumullahu Khair for sharing.

You guys have dirtbikes or rent it? :X

Did you see any two humped camels?

Supreme
02-28-2010, 06:54 PM
The desert is my favourite landscape on Earth. But which desert is it? And what's that town?

Danah
02-28-2010, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
:omg: that dirtbiking thing looks SO cool and fun. :X Jazakumullahu Khair for sharing.

You guys have dirtbikes or rent it? :X
No, we have two....my brothers are crazy about them :hmm:

Did you see any two humped camels?
No, I have never seen any of them so far, I wish I will soon

format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
The desert is my favourite landscape on Earth. But which desert is it? And what's that town?
UAE

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
02-28-2010, 07:00 PM
nice pictures :)

Sawdah
02-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Love the pictures, mashaAllah. Especially the pictures with the camels.
Jazakallah Khair for sharing sister. :)

Misz_Muslimah
02-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Nice pics mashallah..
Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing Danah! :)

Supreme
02-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Reminds me of my trip to the Californian desert. I can remember it. We were on a lonely road with temperatures in the high thirties, mountains stretching for miles and the HUGE RED SUN setting to our right. It was picture perfect, like something from a dream.

-Fallen Angel-
02-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Wow that's beautiful. I've always wanted to go to a desert. Some day, Inshallah.:p

Misz_Muslimah
02-28-2010, 07:31 PM
^ Inshallah..

Danah
02-28-2010, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Reminds me of my trip to the Californian desert. I can remember it. We were on a lonely road with temperatures in the high thirties, mountains stretching for miles and the HUGE RED SUN setting to our right. It was picture perfect, like something from a dream.
Usually the desert here is not this cool. Its the end of winter here but the max temperature reached 30 C these days.

In Summer, desert is not bearable, the temperature goes up to 50 C sometimes :skeleton:

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
02-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Awesome pics!!

Thanx for sharing Sis Danahhhhhhhhhh:wub:

Btw, Ur photography skill is jus amazing!!!

CosmicPathos
02-28-2010, 08:53 PM
nice personal pictures. I am more of a fan of isolation in desert.

Such as this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alishok...7606029038042/

this ali shokri guy is just mind blowing.

Cabdullahi
02-28-2010, 09:01 PM
i was in the same place :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-pictures.html

جوري
02-28-2010, 09:05 PM
beautiful masha'Allah..
thanks sis for sharing..

:w:

Güven
02-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing, if only those dark clouds weren't there. :skeleton:

Danah
02-28-2010, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing, if only those dark clouds weren't there. :skeleton:
No!!! those dark clouds are the beauty of the whole thing, we rarely have rains here!

Supreme
02-28-2010, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UnhappyD:
Wow that's beautiful. I've always wanted to go to a desert. Some day, Inshallah.:p
When I went to the desert, it first reminded me of something off a sci fi film, like a planet where you have barren, sandy landscapes. Forget all this tree and rain nonsense, living in a desert is where it's at. Blue skies literally all the time, and the Sun setting between the mountains whilst driving past palm trees... just astounding. At that moment in time, even the most radical of atheists would be forgiven for thinking 'there is a God, and only He could have created such beauty.'

Hopefully in the next few years I'll visit the Holy Land, and go to the Judean Desert, where Jesus was tested by the Devil for 40 days and nights. Not only will it be a trip for beauty, but also for faith and history. Can't wait.;D

aadil77
02-28-2010, 10:40 PM
I should have went desert quadbiking last time i went dubai, will do next time inshAllah

tango92
03-01-2010, 06:47 AM
those camels looked tasty...................... i wonder if theyre halal?

sister herb
03-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Nice pictures. They remind me my trip to desert long time ago. I hadn´t kind of dirtbikes but horse and country was Jordan.

:statisfie

Danah
03-01-2010, 07:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
those camels looked tasty...................... i wonder if theyre halal?
Camels meat is halal to eat brother.

Danah
03-01-2010, 07:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Nice pictures. They remind me my trip to desert long time ago. I hadn´t kind of dirtbikes but horse and country was Jordan.

:statisfie
^I meant to enjoy driftbiking with them yesterday, but because I saw some other men were around in that area so I didn't feel free to ride <_< imsad

ardianto
03-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Nice pictures, sister Danah. :)

Mohamed_Sadiq
03-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Nice pictures, Like the desert but love the rainforest, jungles, waterfall, ocean and rivers!

Hectic trip was it?

S_87
03-01-2010, 10:55 AM
:sl:

great pics :D

Danah
03-03-2010, 09:32 AM
The weather is nice today and it seems that it will rain again....make duaa that it will so we will go again to the desert.

I think raining in desert will be so amazing!

Mohamed_Sadiq
03-03-2010, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
The weather is nice today and it seems that it will rain again....make duaa that it will so we will go again to the desert.

I think raining in desert will be so amazing!

Lool, have a splashing time!:D

Did you see snakes, scorpions and lizards yet??

Danah
03-03-2010, 10:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
Lool, have a splashing time!:D

Did you see snakes, scorpions and lizards yet??
No! :skeleton: and I dont wish to see any!

Those can be found at night only not in the morning.

Mohamed_Sadiq
03-03-2010, 10:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
No! :skeleton: and I dont wish to see any!

Those can be found at night only not in the morning.

Lool, Be careful!:D

Iris
03-03-2010, 07:47 PM
I live in a desert country too...But living in the city makes me miss it as it rarely get to see it nowadays. The hectic work schedule doesn't help much...not to mention my family is not a fan of going outdoors and doing things and having fun.

Life_Is_Short
03-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Did you have a camel ride?

I love camel rides especially when they get up from a sitting position; scarier than a roller coaster ride. :skeleton:

Danah
03-04-2010, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Did you have a camel ride?
No!! and I am not planning to, its scary to get closer to them :skeleton:
the pictures I took for camels were taken while I was inside the car. I dont have the bravery to get any closer :phew

I love camel rides especially when they get up from a sitting position; scarier than a roller coaster ride. :skeleton:
lol, yeah...I wonder how people hold themselves when they are sitting on the camels while those getting up from sitting positions :hmm:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-04-2010, 06:39 PM
MashaAllah sis awesome pics!

JazakAllah khayr for sharing.
You should get a photo whilst it's raining.

It would look lovely, granted you have a water proof camera :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!