/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Duty of giving Dawah

paradise88
02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters

I think I've posted a similar thread to this before..

If you have friends who are not very islamic or non muslim is it a duty to give them dawah?

What if they are not practising but u u spend alot of time with them would u just say it a few times or constantly? I hope im making sense..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
03-01-2010, 12:32 PM
:sl:
no1 thing: At this stage, we never give Dawah to any1 bcz he is not practicing or non muslims. bcz the Dawa at this stage is for our own need, although it is beneficial for person to whom we give Dawa, BUT we should make target ourself while giving Dawa....The Shuhaba (RA) dawa as written in hadiths is " Konou Mislana" means they say ppl "be like us..."
they can say it bcz they are practicing ISLAM 100% but we can say it to any1 bcz we are in learning stage.... However we should not leave giving Dawa as its v.effective in strenghting our EMAAN. so we should target ourself and also include ourself with them.....mean we say..... We should have to pray, not "y dont u pray......"
Secondly about non muslims there are many other things, some1 interested can ask from AALlim, Short to say Dont give Dawa to them directly,,,,, however if they are ur friends and they are impressed by ur islamic life, then u may motivate them to learn more about islam and follow the right...

i am not v.gud in english, so sorry for that. but i hope u got what i mean to say. JZK
:wa:

Sampharo
03-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Dawah is a "sufficiency" obligation (my translation of Fard Kifaya). This means that if a few people are doing it sufficiently, then its obligation drops and it is ok for you not to practice it actively. If it's not though, then everyone will be responsible and held accountable until enough people are doing it.

If your friends are receiving examples of dawah right and left in their life, it is ok for you to then just leave them. There is still nothing wrong with reminding them of prayer or calling them to Islam.

If there isn't enough dawah or information being given in your area or environment, then make dawah to them with what you know, don't speak of what you don't, and be gentle yet persevering in it.

God help us make dawah to everyone.

paradise88
03-02-2010, 09:13 PM
That makes sense because where i live there arent people who give dawah, no one even seems interested in starting clubs n classes to learn about islam. Its quite sad n lonely sometimes..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
03-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Dawa is fard kifaya when its for other.....
but when ur are taking its as ur own ?"islah" then it fard ain.....bcz in Quran and Hadiths at many points its reminded that success will be for those who are "tazakka" mean complete islah...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!