/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Acne

AnonymousPoster
03-01-2010, 03:43 AM
Any home remedies that have worked for anyone to treat adult acne? (on highly sensitive skin)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
03-02-2010, 11:54 PM
You might try Tea Tree Oil.

Nimboo
03-06-2010, 01:05 AM
I used to have severe Acne, Alhamdulilah all gone now :D

Best thing to do is go see your GP and get him to arrange an appointment with a Dermatologist who will conduct an allergy test. This will determine if your Acne flairs up when you eat something or come into contact with something.

Unfortunately there is no miracle cure, everyone's skin is different

By the way, How old are you? (if your in your teens, it could be your hormones causing the acne)

piXie
03-08-2010, 12:27 PM
:sl:

The treatment really depends on the cause. External applications might help reduce or control the acne to some extent, but will not cure it. Not until we concentrate on the cause, eliminate and detox the body internally, stimulate the endocrine system and balance hormones etc.

This might be worth a try - It worked wonders for someone else I know.

Wake up early (5-6am), drink 2-3 glasses of warm water
Walk 15mins
Have an apple + orange + portion of avacardo.

20-30mins later Have Breakfast

Immediate results should be seen within a week.

Also include in your daily diet Evening Primrose Oil or flax seed as part of your EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids).

Zinc

Selenium

Vitamins A, C and E.

Can also try Nettle Tea or Green Tea - brilliant de-toxifiers.

Hope it helps. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
piXie
03-08-2010, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nimboo
Unfortunately there is no miracle cure, everyone's skin is different
Everyone's skin is different but the principles of health are the same!

AnonymousPoster
03-09-2010, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Any home remedies that have worked for anyone to treat adult acne? (on highly sensitive skin)
Go to your doctor, they gave my friend a very good medicine for acne and its all cleared up. You can only buy it on prescription. I will find out the name for you Inshah'Allah.

Nimboo
03-09-2010, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Go to your doctor, they gave my friend a very good medicine for acne and its all cleared up. You can only buy it on prescription. I will find out the name for you Inshah'Allah.
Be sure its not "accutane", it causes depression (some individuals have committed suicide)

CosmicPathos
03-14-2010, 02:22 AM
dont take accutane unless you have infection in every single follicle on your body.

Accutane will make you depressed, effect your liver, damage your night vision, produce fetal abnormalities if youre pregnant ... dont take accutane .... id rather live with acne than getting night blind

waqas maqsood
03-14-2010, 02:29 AM
I took Roaccutane... Side effects are not as bad as these guys are mentionning... The only problem I really had was my lips were always dry... Dermatologist will do a thorough check-up before recommending you roaccutane... The course can last uptop 6 months before you see a change

You normally get acne if your skin is very oily...

CosmicPathos
03-14-2010, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
I took Roaccutane... Side effects are not as bad as these guys are mentionning... The only problem I really had was my lips were always dry... Dermatologist will do a thorough check-up before recommending you roaccutane... The course can last uptop 6 months before you see a change

You normally get acne if your skin is very oily...
How long you took it far? How many mgs per day? I was on 40mg per day for 2 months, my derm had to stop it.

waqas maqsood
03-14-2010, 02:50 AM
I was on 40mg myself... Took it for 9 months... and believe me, never have I had any suicidal thoughts!!

CosmicPathos
03-14-2010, 02:51 AM
I was on 40mg myself... Took it for 9 months... and believe me, never have I had any suicidal thoughts!!
interesting. I never got suicidal thoughts. But I did have increase rate of headaches. Did you experience that phase?

waqas maqsood
03-14-2010, 02:53 AM
Nope... Only thing i had was total dry lips that one point was frustrating and painful as well as temper...

Nothing else

CosmicPathos
03-14-2010, 03:01 AM
Nope... Only thing i had was total dry lips that one point was frustrating and painful as well as temper...

Nothing else
you are an alien dude.

جوري
03-14-2010, 03:07 AM
Try N-Lite laser therapy if you don't like messing with pills or creams and have sensitive skin but you must visit a derm for that.. and then you must follow with a regimen thereafter which any mild over the counter regimen from neutrogena or pro-active etc. will suffice

Acne Treatment using the Nlite laser

mer showImageCustomFHaspx?folderNSIMG&ampimageid223&amptmp0&ampimgname&ampmaxw220&ampmaxh 1 -
before acne treatment
mer showImageCustomFHaspx?folderNSIMG&ampimageid224&amptmp0&ampimgname&ampmaxw220&ampmaxh 1 -
after acne treatment

(Photos by Dr Malcolm Torz)

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!