/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith Q & A

Samiun
03-01-2010, 02:27 PM
:sl: Brothers & Sisters,

So I got this maid(non-mahram) who had been working in the family for more than 10 years, and a question struck into my mind. Is it permissible to shake-hands with her?

Other than that, could anyone give me the meaning of this hadith?

O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya' (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Auliya' of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Auliya'), then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers and unjust).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
03-01-2010, 02:43 PM
:w:

What you posted is not a Hadeeth, but an Aayah of the Qur'an, it is Verse 51 of Surah Ma'idah.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَتَّخِذُوا الْيَهُودَ وَالنَّصَارَىٰ أَوْلِيَاءَ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَاءُ بَعْضٍ وَمَن يَتَوَلَّهُم مِّنكُمْ فَإِنَّهُ مِنْهُمْ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ

Here is it's Tafseer from Tafseer Ibn Katheer. http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=5&tid=14082

Alpha Dude
03-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Wa alaykum salam,
So I got this maid(non-mahram) who had been working in the family for more than 10 years, and a question struck into my mind. Is it permissible to shake-hands with her?
No.

Samiun
03-01-2010, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Baari
:w:

What you posted is not a Hadeeth, but an Aayah of the Qur'an, it is Verse 51 of Surah Ma'idah.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَتَّخِذُوا الْيَهُودَ وَالنَّصَارَىٰ أَوْلِيَاءَ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَاءُ بَعْضٍ وَمَن يَتَوَلَّهُم مِّنكُمْ فَإِنَّهُ مِنْهُمْ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ

Here is it's Tafseer from Tafseer Ibn Katheer. http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=5&tid=14082
My bad, I didn't know what I was writing

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
03-07-2010, 09:10 AM
What does Rasullullah SAW mean by this?
Narrated 'Urwa: Aisha said, "The Prophet in his fatal illness said, 'Allah Cursed the Jews and the Christians because they took the graves of their Prophets as places for praying."' Aisha added, "Had it not been for that the grave of the Prophet (p.b.u.h) would have been made prominent but I am afraid it might be taken (as a) place for praying.
Does it apply to all Christians??

thetruth2009
03-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers,

Brother Nabiel I give you an advice, when you study the Quran, do not read only one verse, you have to read few verses above and after to understand.

Sometimes you have to read othet verses in all the Quran.

You will find your answer bellow, read well and analyse.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Surah 5

49. And this (He commands): Judge thou between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, but beware of them lest they beguile thee from any of that (teaching) which Allah hath sent down to thee. And if they turn away, be assured that for some of their crime it is Allah.s purpose to punish them. And truly most men are rebellious.

50. Do they then seek after a judgment of (the days of) ignorance? But who, for a people whose faith is assured, can give better judgment than Allah.

51. O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

52. Those in whose hearts is a disease - thou seest how eagerly they run about amongst them, saying: "We do fear lest a change of fortune bring us disaster." Ah! perhaps Allah will give (thee) victory, or a decision according to His will. Then will they repent of the thoughts which they secretly harboured in their hearts.

53. And those who believe will say: "Are these the men who swore their strongest oaths by Allah, that they were with you?" All that they do will be in vain, and they will fall into (nothing but) ruin.

Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers.

Samiun
03-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Assalamualaikum brother Truth, I clearly state a hadith by the Rasulullah SAW and not a verse from the Al-Quran

Do you mean I would also need to check out a verse from the Al-Quran which is relevan to the Hadith of the Rasulullah SAW?

thetruth2009
03-08-2010, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
What does Rasullullah SAW mean by this?

Does it apply to all Christians??

Assalam aleykoum brother Nabiel,

It does not apply to all Jews and christians.

Assalam aleykoum

thetruth2009
03-08-2010, 10:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
Assalamualaikum brother Truth, I clearly state a hadith by the Rasulullah SAW and not a verse from the Al-Quran

Do you mean I would also need to check out a verse from the Al-Quran which is relevan to the Hadith of the Rasulullah SAW?
Assalam aleykoum,

I tell you what I am doing when I studie a Hadith.

I read the Hadith and I cheek it with the Quran.

If I find a Hadith in contradiction with the Quran, that can only be a False Hadith, because our prophete Was like a walking Quran and followed that revelation.

I ask Allah SWT to guide us in very dangerous time and to forgive us all.

Asssalam aleykoum sisters and brothers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!