/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mix Gender Schools

zana
03-01-2010, 09:09 PM
wat is the best education to give ur children?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
03-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Could you clarify a bit please?
Is this thread about education like for instance medicine
or different kinds of schools (as the thread title seems to imply) ?

zana
03-02-2010, 09:42 AM
sister its about schools we attend, would u recommend mix gender for example girls and boys studying in the same school

tigerkhan
03-02-2010, 10:19 AM
:sl:
i start my prep class in co-education, complete my university degree in same environment......and now my job is in university hahhahah co-education...but truely speaking i think one media and 2nd this co-education had ruined muslim nation !!!!!!! (sorry to all who think i am saying wrong).
JZK:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zana
03-02-2010, 10:21 AM
salaam,

Thats what i wanted to know does it actually ruin the young muslims or not,

But i know of muslim girls who were restricted from interacting with males from a very young age and whom have now grown up to want to do it because they never experience it.

see its hard

tigerkhan
03-02-2010, 10:47 AM
u r saying rite..... man always likes what he had not experienced so want to taste what he had not eaten. But i am saying, let suppose 100 girls are avoided from co-education and 50 of them when grow up, they join mix culture...but remaining 50 maybe not.....!!!! but in co-education, just few minutes back i was reading a post of a girl, she was trying to save her friend from a boy whom she love.....i think much what to suggest her but I KNOW LOVE IS BLIND.... she will never hear any1 about her love until this deciving glass is removed from her eyes..... i said i had much experience of co-education system, even as a studen and now as in JOB, co-education is not good for girls, even i see many nice girls but they suffer to much bcz of this system....infact good ppl suffer, bad will obviuosly enjoy coeducation....
sorry if i cant make u understand what i want to say...i cant explian very well in english, 2ndly my 20 years exp how i say in few lines hahahha.
JZK

zana
03-02-2010, 10:50 AM
salaam tigerkhan

i guess i understand what u mean but i feel the same shoyuld apply for men.

Co-education can go either ways it could be for better but then could be for worse. i think its alot worse when u live in a multi cultural society like myself its so much harder because there are do;s and dont;s and sometimes its hard to speak what u feel.

I do believe as time is going on the freedom in which we are entitled to can be used as a sin

Muhammad
03-02-2010, 10:55 AM
:wa:

Freemixing between men and women is not permitted in Islam, and there are a number of verses and hadeeth to support this. Bearing this in mind, why would you want boys and girls to mix in schools, when we know that this can lead to a very big fitnah?

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

...Undoubtedly allowing women to mix freely with men is the basis of all evils. This is one of the greatest causes of punishment coming down upon everyone and of public and private affairs becoming corrupt...

Moreover:
In the mixing that you describe, it is not possible to lower one's gaze and it provokes women to desire men and vice versa. This is not permissible; rather this is the thing that leads to corruption. If the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that for his own cousin (son of his paternal uncle) al-Fadl ibn al-‘Abbaas, when he was riding with him on his mount and they were performing one of the dearest acts of worship to Allaah, namely the Hajj, when Al-Fadl was in the company of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and at the time of the Sahaabah who were the most pious of people, then how can we allow the women of our own times, when diseases of the heart are widespread and religious commitment is at such a low level, to sit in the same place as men without a mahram, for so many hours every day?
This is sufficient reason to prefer separate schools for boys and girls as far as possible. The fact that some people find it hard does not justify going against the teachings of Islam.

And Allaah (swt) knows best.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-02-2010, 10:57 AM
home schooling?

Esther462
03-02-2010, 10:59 AM
I think mix schools for children to be educated is a good idear so they learn how to interact with the oppisite gender. I was in mix schools and colleges all my education, I did converted to Islam during my 3rd year of college, and I turned out alright.

tigerkhan
03-02-2010, 11:01 AM
do u understand urdu?

Alpha Dude
03-02-2010, 11:01 AM
But i know of muslim girls who were restricted from interacting with males from a very young age and whom have now grown up to want to do it because they never experience it.
If you prevent people from smoking, doing drugs, drinking alcohol throughout their childhood, does it mean they will automatically want to do those things once they are old enough?

Of course not. You have ingrained into them that it is detrimental behaviour and forbidden. The problem arises in the case of dating between youngsters cos parents haven't done quite the same level of teaching of the bad.

They let all sorts of negative influences affect them whilst they are growing up. Of course they will be more likely to date under such circumstances. Parents have to teach why it is bad.

This is sufficient reason to avoid such mixed education systems. The fact that some people find it hard does not justify going against the teachings of Islam.
Exactly. Where does this leeway end? Do we let them take drugs at young ages in small doses so that later on in life they know its not really that big a deal? o.O

Muhammad
03-02-2010, 11:03 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Esther462
I think mix schools for children to be educated is a good idear so they learn how to interact with the oppisite gender. I was in mix schools and colleges all my education, I did converted to Islam during my 3rd year of college, and I turned out alright.
Yet how many people did not turn out alright? The fact that some were saved from the fitnah does not guarantee that everyone will... surely prevention is better than cure? Moreover, isn't contact with mahrams sufficient experience in learning how to interact with the opposite gender?

zana
03-02-2010, 11:08 AM
yes tiger i kinder understand a little urdu but my first language is english

ok so basically the answer is no to co-education

I do agree and disagree because where i live and the people ive been around ive heard and experienced that it could go either way, i personally went to a all girls school and i have to admit its so much easier to concentrate on ur education. with the younstres growing up in todays world i feel maybe it will lead to fitnah. but witht the laws of the country sometimes u do not have a choice of what school ur child goes to

zana
03-02-2010, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
home schooling?

lol i like this but whos teaching them lol

Esther462
03-02-2010, 11:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Yet how many people did not turn out alright? The fact that some were saved from the fitnah does not guarantee that everyone will... surely prevention is better than cure? Moreover, isn't contact with mahrams sufficient experience in learning how to interact with the opposite gender?
I was brought up in Christian family and I wasn't very socalble when I was at school so had a few friends and I only got intrested in boys when I was at college before I converted to Islam

I've had a bit of a think about it and I think When kids are young, it alright for them to be in mix gender schools but when they reach secondery school age, cboys and girls should be in seperate school.

zana
03-02-2010, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Esther462
I was brought up in Christian family and I wasn't very socalble when I was at school so had a few friends and I only got intrested in boys when I was at college before I converted to Islam

I've had a bit of a think about it and I think When kids are young, it alright for them to be in mix gender schools but when they reach secondery school age, cboys and girls should be in seperate school.

yeh i agree too because thats how i was bought up i went to a mix primary school and at that age ur innocent, But as u get older there should be restrictions

tigerkhan
03-02-2010, 11:38 AM
well, v.good replies from bro MOHAMMED and other...i hope u got clear now...

zana
03-02-2010, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
well, v.good replies from bro MOHAMMED and other...i hope u got clear now...
Yeah all is cleared so i think i thought right

ardianto
03-02-2010, 01:04 PM

Actually, not every scholar agree if mix gender school is haram. In my place many Islamic schools are mix gender schools. But of course, the teachers always watch their students.

There is difference between mixing and free mixing.

zana
03-02-2010, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Actually, not every scholar agree if mix gender school is haram. In my place many Islamic schools are mix gender schools. But of course, the teachers always watch their students.

There is difference between mixing and free mixing.

totally agree were i grew up it was very hard to find a single gender school the school i attended was the one and only

PouringRain
03-03-2010, 04:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
home schooling?

I agree with homeschooling being the best.

Since the thread asks about mixed gender vs. single gender schools, I would say single gender is probably better, and there has been a bit of research out there to suggest this as well.

Overall, I think that any type of schooling could be good or bad, and it should be taken as a case by case basis. If I lived in an area with bad schools, I would be more likely to homeschool my children than if I lived in an area with really excellent schools. I also believe that parent involvement is a key factor in any type of education. Learning is a 24/7 lifelong process.

zana
03-03-2010, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
I agree with homeschooling being the best.

Since the thread asks about mixed gender vs. single gender schools, I would say single gender is probably better, and there has been a bit of research out there to suggest this as well.

Overall, I think that any type of schooling could be good or bad, and it should be taken as a case by case basis. If I lived in an area with bad schools, I would be more likely to homeschool my children than if I lived in an area with really excellent schools. I also believe that parent involvement is a key factor in any type of education. Learning is a 24/7 lifelong process.

home schooling yes if ur a good teacher

PouringRain
03-03-2010, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zana
home schooling yes if ur a good teacher
I agree to an extent. I think often people feel as though they would not be a good teacher, and this prevents them from homeschooling. I have known women who don't have beyond a Highschool education and so they do not believe they would be a good teacher for their children. Or they struggled in a subject and feel inadequate to teach that subject. I believe that a willingness to try to teach, and a humbleness to continuously learn can often be the best qualities a mother who wants to homeschool her children can have. I don't believe that a mother necessarily needs to be a "good teacher" or highly educated or accomplished in some manner.

There are so many ways that homeschooling is beneficial to children. It gives them a tailor fit education and more one on one instruction. Concepts that are easily learned can be progressed through faster, and concepts that require more time can be slowed down to accommodate the child. If people live in an area with other homeschooling families, they can schedule play dates together, field trips, group sports, and even co-op some classes that they may not feel they are able to teach.

I am a strong advocate of homeschooling, can you tell? :sunny: I could write much more, but I don't want to babble on.

zana
03-03-2010, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
I agree to an extent. I think often people

I am a strong advocate of homeschooling, can you tell? :sunny: I could write much more, but I don't want to babble on.

i do agree that home schooling can be very beneficial for our children, and who can teach them better then there actual first teacher "Mother"

julie sarri
03-03-2010, 03:34 PM
i perfer not to send my children to a mixed school its just my way i dont want to put temptation in front of them and they will grow up knowing free mixing is not aloud secondary school is the time to start worrying with mixed schools my daughter will go to a all girls school and my son to a boys school we want to move to a Muslim country once there twins are of secondary school age i stress so much about their education and they are only 6 months right now

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!