/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Journey

Yorak
03-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Hello everyone, very nice to meet you! My name is Mark. I am a 22 year old male from Pennsylvania. I would like to tell you where I am at spiritually in hopes of getting some guidance.

I was raised Roman Catholic. My family and I attended church every Sunday, and also for other requirements such as the Holy Days of Obligation. I never questioned my religion when I was younger, or at least from what I can remember. During middle school and early high school years, we learned about stories in The Bible, and what they meant. We had to fulfill a certain amount of hours that dealt with service for the church and the community. In 11th grade, I received the Sacrament of Confirmation.

I continued to go to church every week, and to pray. I was not the strongest Christian out there, as I really did not read The Bible and try to understand difficult parts of scripture that were used as readings in church. I went to church, prayed, and tried to live a holy life.

Slightly off track here, but I met my best friend Kareem online about six years ago. He is a Muslim from Cairo, Egypt. At first we barely discussed religion. Sometimes we would have an audio or video chat on Skype and I would hear the call to prayer in the background. It somewhat interested me. I asked him a plethora of questions about Islam one day. He is not a scholar who studies Islam and other religions for a living, but he did know more than enough to explain certain aspects to me.

One day I figured that I would buy a copy of the Qur'an on Amazon, and read it in my free time. My old priest (had retired about four years ago) always told us that seeking new knowledge and questioning Christianity is healthy in moderation. He said that it can lead to you becoming a stronger and more intelligent Christian. This thought appealed to me, so I put my nervous inhibitions aside and began to read the Qur'an.

Slowly, I began to fall in love with the concept of Islam. I was not ready to jump on board quite yet, though. I stopped going to church, because I decided that I would sit back and do some reading and praying and hope I would find the path. I hoped that if this was only a bump in the road that would somehow lead me back to Christianity, that God could forgive me for temporarily steering in the wrong direction.

So, I will tell everyone on this board what I am feeling. I am scared. I am so very scared. On one hand if I stay a Christian, and if Islam is the true religion of God, then I am committing a major sin by worshiping Jesus. On the other hand, if I revert (this is the correct term, and not convert?) to Islam, and Christianity is the true religion of God, I will be going to hell for not accepting Jesus as the son of God. Why else am I scared?

• My entire family is Roman Catholic, with some extended relatives being other Christian denominations. Some may accept me but I would assume the majority would not. I have worked my entire life to make my family proud, and I do not want to ruin that.
  • There is only one mosque I know about, and it is probably at least an hour away from here. That is no problem at all, though. I would just be scared. I do not know what to do. I wish I could meet with an Imam or Muslim Scholar that can sit down and discuss may different subjects with me. I am very worried to go there.
  • This point might seem very selfish, but I am human. You see, I have Social Anxiety Disorder. Unfortunately, the number one thing people with SAD do is drink alcohol. I realize this is only creating two problems for myself instead of one, but in times that I need to socialize, this truly helps me. This is not to say I will get completely drunk, as that would go in the opposite direction. But it does help me. In Islam, alcohol is forbidden. I understand that, but I am scared. I have tried different medications but they make me feel so different from myself that I do not like it. Many will say that alcohol is doing the same thing, but I believe it helps me be who I want to be. SAD is not a made up disorder, it is something that does exist. People might say to not think the things I think in public, but the fact is that I, and people with SAD, simply cannot help it.
  • If I did revert to Islam, I think the only relationship that would work out would be one with another Muslim. However, I feel as if I do not have anything to offer to a Muslim woman. Right now I am a senior in college and (to be honest) living off of daddy's money, hehe. Granted in a year, God willing, I will be applying for great jobs with benefits and a nice salary. However, I know many Muslim women like to marry Muslim men that have practiced Islam their entire life, so that the women can learn from him. That is what my pal Kareem told me, at least. So I am afraid no Muslim woman would want me.
  • Along with the above, I could in no way have more than one wife. I feel that when you marry somebody, you kind of combine beings into one. I want to give my undivided attention and love to one woman, and not up to four. I understand that you need to be able to financially provide for all four of these women in order to be married to them, but the concept still does not feel right to me.

In my heart I feel as if Islam could be the true path to God. Obviously I would not attempt to revert until I clear any doubt from my mind. All in all, I feel much better for getting these thoughts out of my mind and typed out.

Any help people of this board could provide for me will be so greatly appreciated. I just ask that you do not bash me or make fun of my views.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Seeker1066
03-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Welcome to the Seekers here as I am one also. I am Also Catholic. In a funny way I think Catholicism has many similarities to Islam. The Black/white of right/wrong and the teaching of actions with faith. Well welcome again.

Ramadhan
03-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Thank you for sharing with us your story, Mark. it is very honest and may Allah SWT guides you to the right path.

format_quote Originally Posted by Yorak
[LIST][*]My entire family is Roman Catholic, with some extended relatives being other Christian denominations. Some may accept me but I would assume the majority would not. I have worked my entire life to make my family proud, and I do not want to ruin that.
Islam provides guidelines to be the best human being we can ever be, and that includes to be the best child, the best brother. In fact, Allah SWT commands us to fulfill all our obligations as a child, as long as it is not against what He prescribes. So, when you accepts Islam and reverts, InshaAllah you will become a better human being and hopefully that will shine through and overcome objections from your family.
And who knows, maybe your life as a muslim will actually attract other family members towards Islam.
Continue pray to Allah SWT to make your life easy.

[*]There is only one mosque I know about, and it is probably at least an hour away from here. That is no problem at all, though. I would just be scared. I do not know what to do. I wish I could meet with an Imam or Muslim Scholar that can sit down and discuss may different subjects with me. I am very worried to go there.
If you are willing to tell us where the area you live in, maybe some members here will help you to connect with an Imam/Scholar in your area.

[*]This point might seem very selfish, but I am human. You see, I have Social Anxiety Disorder. Unfortunately, the number one thing people with SAD do is drink alcohol. I realize this is only creating two problems for myself instead of one, but in times that I need to socialize, this truly helps me. This is not to say I will get completely drunk, as that would go in the opposite direction. But it does help me. In Islam, alcohol is forbidden. I understand that, but I am scared. I have tried different medications but they make me feel so different from myself that I do not like it. Many will say that alcohol is doing the same thing, but I believe it helps me be who I want to be. SAD is not a made up disorder, it is something that does exist. People might say to not think the things I think in public, but the fact is that I, and people with SAD, simply cannot help it.
I can emphatize with you.
The more you study and practice Islam, the more you will become aware that Islam and living as a muslim give you ways to overcome your conditions.
Reciting the Qur'an, Shalat, fastings may be helping you to heal your SAD or other mental health illnesses. InshaAllah.

[*]If I did revert to Islam, I think the only relationship that would work out would be one with another Muslim. However, I feel as if I do not have anything to offer to a Muslim woman. Right now I am a senior in college and (to be honest) living off of daddy's money, hehe. Granted in a year, God willing, I will be applying for great jobs with benefits and a nice salary. However, I know many Muslim women like to marry Muslim men that have practiced Islam their entire life, so that the women can learn from him. That is what my pal Kareem told me, at least. So I am afraid no Muslim woman would want me.
We don't know what's going to happen in the future. Hence we need to constantly ask Allah SWT for help. Including getting a wife that gives us happiness in this world and hereafter.

[*]Along with the above, I could in no way have more than one wife. I feel that when you marry somebody, you kind of combine beings into one. I want to give my undivided attention and love to one woman, and not up to four. I understand that you need to be able to financially provide for all four of these women in order to be married to them, but the concept still does not feel right to me.
Islam does NOT command us to marry four wives. Marrying UP TO four wives is an allowance whose conditions and responsibilities are set heavily (and NOT ONLY financially, but also physically etc). There are reasons behind this allowance; for one, in times of war, there are many widows where marriage is a way to provide support to them.
Most muslims have only one wife, please do not succumb to anti-Islam forces who keep misleading the public.

These are the verses:

QS 4:3

If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice. (yusufali)

QS 24:32

Marry those among you who are single, or the virtuous ones among yourselves, male or female: if they are in poverty, Allah will give them means out of His grace: for Allah encompasseth all, and he knoweth all things.

PLease feel free to browse the wealth of information that is contained in these forums, and ask away any questions you may still have. Hopefully other brothers/sisters can give you better answers and explanations.

Yorak
03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Thank you for sharing with us your story, Mark. it is very honest and may Allah SWT guides you to the right path.

Islam provides guidelines to be the best human being we can ever be, and that includes to be the best child, the best brother. In fact, Allah SWT commands us to fulfill all our obligations as a child, as long as it is not against what He prescribes. So, when you accepts Islam and reverts, InshaAllah you will become a better human being and hopefully that will shine through and overcome objections from your family.
And who knows, maybe your life as a muslim will actually attract other family members towards Islam.
Continue pray to Allah SWT to make your life easy.
Okay sir, thank you for the advice. See I am very close with my family. I have two parents (58 years old), a 26 year old sister, and 31 year old twin sisters. I would say my youngest sister and I are best friends, we talk every day. See slowly, over the last few months while talking to her, I will throw out random things about Islam, Christianity, and religion in general. Mostly making sure she does not believe everything she hears on the news about Islam. I do remember my brother-in-law saying really bad things about Muslims. At first I was sad but I knew he was just uneducated on the matter. I am going to pray for God to help ease my transition if that is my final decision.

If you are willing to tell us where the area you live in, maybe some members here will help you to connect with an Imam/Scholar in your area.
I live in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. Now what you will find on Google is that there is a nearby mosque in Windber area, but that is not true. It got shut down in 2007 after the Imam got in trouble. As a side note, if anybody wants to read that story, they can here.

I can emphatize with you.
The more you study and practice Islam, the more you will become aware that Islam and living as a muslim give you ways to overcome your conditions.
Reciting the Qur'an, Shalat, fastings may be helping you to heal your SAD or other mental health illnesses. InshaAllah.
I would love to be able to walk out anywhere without thinking what I do. I have been asking God for a little help or nudge all my life when it comes to this. Do Muslims believe the saying that, "Everything happens for a reason."? This is what I believe. I will never give up, though.

We don't know what's going to happen in the future. Hence we need to constantly ask Allah SWT for help. Including getting a wife that gives us happiness in this world and hereafter.
Indeed - he has a plan. I know it. :statisfie

Islam does NOT command us to marry four wives. Marrying UP TO four wives is an allowance whose conditions and responsibilities are set heavily (and NOT ONLY financially, but also physically etc). There are reasons behind this allowance; for one, in times of war, there are many widows where marriage is a way to provide support to them.
Most muslims have only one wife, please do not succumb to anti-Islam forces who keep misleading the public.

These are the verses:

QS 4:3

If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice. (yusufali)

QS 24:32

Marry those among you who are single, or the virtuous ones among yourselves, male or female: if they are in poverty, Allah will give them means out of His grace: for Allah encompasseth all, and he knoweth all things.
Yes kind sir, I have read those lines before. I know it is no requirement to marry more than one wife, but I know if I reverted that I would never ever want more than one wife.

PLease feel free to browse the wealth of information that is contained in these forums, and ask away any questions you may still have. Hopefully other brothers/sisters can give you better answers and explanations.
Thank you sir, I am finding a great deal of information and I appreciate it.

I had one more random question. Where in the Qur'an does it say that kissing your boyfriend or girlfriend is haram? So those who are dating cannot touch each other in any way until they get married?

Also, are Muslim men not allowed to shave their beard? I have read online that they are supposed to trip their mustache but not their beard. Well, my beard is still splotchy, hehe. I would rather grow it out after it is able to come in completely full. Also, my Muslim friends from Cairo do not have or keep any facial hair. And if you are wondering where I get this idea from, it is Yusha Evans, in one of his videos. I was always taught that Muslim men like to mimic Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

Many apologies if I ever get information wrong on here! Please do not get mad, just make sure I know the truth. Thanks. :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Greetings and :welcome: aboard Yorak, regarding this comment:

If I did revert to Islam, I think the only relationship that would work out would be one with another Muslim. However, I feel as if I do not have anything to offer to a Muslim woman. Right now I am a senior in college and (to be honest) living off of daddy's money, hehe. Granted in a year, God willing, I will be applying for great jobs with benefits and a nice salary. However, I know many Muslim women like to marry Muslim men that have practiced Islam their entire life, so that the women can learn from him. That is what my pal Kareem told me, at least. So I am afraid no Muslim woman would want me.
according to stats women convert at a rate of 5~1 so for every Male convert you'll find five sisters.. mash'Allah.. I think you'll have your pick if you make your intentions to Allah swt, he'll guide you to your soul-mate..

and Allah swt knows best

peace

Raymond
03-02-2010, 07:30 PM
As a christian myself, i want to give you some advices.

Read the New Testament, it is the word of Jesus. Then after you read it all, then read the Koran to know is it true or false.

I hope you don't make a terrible mistake.

Danah
03-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the board, I hope you will have a beneficial stay here. I ask Allah to guide to the right path and clear out all your doubts very soon.

[*]There is only one mosque I know about, and it is probably at least an hour away from here. That is no problem at all, though. I would just be scared. I do not know what to do. I wish I could meet with an Imam or Muslim Scholar that can sit down and discuss may different subjects with me. I am very worried to go there.
If possible, go to the Imam of that masjid directly and arrange a kind of meeting and I am sure he will be welcoming that.

Yes kind sir, I have read those lines before. I know it is no requirement to marry more than one wife, but I know if I reverted that I would never ever want more than one wife.
So let it be. Have one wife only, and give her all the love she deserve. The number of Muslims nowadays with one wife is way more than those who have more than one. Marrying more than wife is something "permitted" in Islam, not preferred, or obligatory or something like that.

Yorak
03-05-2010, 12:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Greetings and aboard Yorak, regarding this comment:

according to stats women convert at a rate of 5~1 so for every Male convert you'll find five sisters.. mash'Allah.. I think you'll have your pick if you make your intentions to Allah swt, he'll guide you to your soul-mate..

and Allah swt knows best

peace
Wow I would have never guessed such a ratio! That is very interesting. Thank you for informing me of this. :-)

format_quote Originally Posted by Raymond
As a christian myself, i want to give you some advices.

Read the New Testament, it is the word of Jesus. Then after you read it all, then read the Koran to know is it true or false.

I hope you don't make a terrible mistake.
I have read parts of the New Testament, most of the main stories and passages that I found online (read them in my Bible for cross reference). I have many problems with what is being told in the Bible. Granted, the NT seems less crazy than the OT, but it still jumps all over the place. It was written by so many different people at unknown times (in some cases). I am still going through a struggle with myself and finding the true path to God.

format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the board, I hope you will have a beneficial stay here. I ask Allah to guide to the right path and clear out all your doubts very soon.

If possible, go to the Imam of that masjid directly and arrange a kind of meeting and I am sure he will be welcoming that.

So let it be. Have one wife only, and give her all the love she deserve. The number of Muslims nowadays with one wife is way more than those who have more than one. Marrying more than wife is something "permitted" in Islam, not preferred, or obligatory or something like that.
Thank you for your kind words. I too hope that God (in whatever capacity he truly is at) can guide me to the right path and clear my doubts.

How would I go about arranging that? I found a phone number for the mosque closest to me. Should I call that or is it probably just an office?

Aye, one wife indeed.

I am still curious about the following, if anybody could be so kind as to answer them:

• Is it Haraam to kiss your girlfriend, in Islam?
  • If so, is holding hands okay? I asked my Muslim friend and said we cannot have any physical contact at all until we are married. He said one thing can lead to another, and so on. However my problem with this is that holding hands (in my eyes, and probably everybody else I know in real life) is nothing sexual at all. I held hands with my ex-girlfriend as a sign to the rest of the world that we are a couple and that we love each other/are happy with each other.
  • Can somebody please clear the issue I am having with Muhammad's marriage to Aisha? My friend told me that it was an honor marriage, that he did it as a sign of good faith to his best friend (the father of Aisha I guess). Is that true? And is it true that they did not consummate the marriage?

Thanks again to everybody for your responses and kindness!

siam
03-05-2010, 05:24 AM
You said you fell in love with Islam...what about islam did you fal in love with?

Danah
03-06-2010, 03:05 AM
How would I go about arranging that? I found a phone number for the mosque closest to me. Should I call that or is it probably just an office?

Aye, one wife indeed.
You may just go there to the mosque and ask where is the Imam and then ask him when you can sit with him and have that conversation to answer your questions. Or you can call them to ask the same thing. I don't know really if its an office, because I am not sure if US mosques have offices as I am not living there.

I am still curious about the following, if anybody could be so kind as to answer them:

• Is it Haraam to kiss your girlfriend, in Islam?
Actually, illegal relationships before marriage between man and woman is haraam from the early beginning...here are some links you may find useful:

Is a person really committed if she has a boyfriend?
Friendship and love between a man and a woman

If so, is holding hands okay? I asked my Muslim friend and said we cannot have any physical contact at all until we are married. He said one thing can lead to another, and so on. However my problem with this is that holding hands (in my eyes, and probably everybody else I know in real life) is nothing sexual at all. I held hands with my ex-girlfriend as a sign to the rest of the world that we are a couple and that we love each other/are happy with each other.
Same too, Islam has cherished the relationship between man and woman and didn't allow people to take it lightly. Allah protect that relationships by a very well made laws that will protect all the involved parties: man, woman, kids, and the whole society from being corrupted....read this:

Is it allowable for a muslim woman to greet a muslim man by shaking hands?

Praise be to Allaah.

For a man to shake hands with a non-mahram woman (one to whom he is not related) is haraam and is not permitted at all. Among the evidence for this is the hadeeth of Ma’qal ibn Yassaar (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘If one of you were to be struck in the head with an iron needle, it would be better for him than if he were to touch a woman he is not allowed to.” (Reported by al-Tabaraani; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5045).

There is no doubt that for a man to touch a non-mahram woman is one of the causes of fitnah (turmoil, temptation), provocation of desire and committing haraam deeds. No one should say that their intention is sound or their heart is clean, because the one who was the purest of heart and the most chaste of all, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never touched a non-mahram woman, even when accepting bay’ah (oath of allegiance) from women. He did not hold their hands when accepting their bay’ah, as he did with men; their bay’ah was by words only, as was reported by his wife ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her). She said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would test the believing women who emigrated to him with the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “O Prophet! When believeing women come to you to give you the bay’ah (pledge), that they will not associate anything in worship with Allaah, that they will not steal, that they will not commit illegal sexual intercourse, that they will not kill their children, that they will not utter slander, intentionally forging falsehood (i.e., by making illegal children belong to their husbands), and that thye will not disobey you in any ma’ruf (Islamic monotheism and all that which Islam ordains), then accept their bay’ah and ask Allaah to forgive them. Verily Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [al-Mumtahinah 60:12] ‘Aa’ishah said: “So whoever of the believing women agreed to these conditions, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would say to her: ‘I have accepted your bay’ah by words.’ By Allaah, his hand never touched the hand of any woman when accepting their bay’ah; he accepted their bay’ah by saying ‘I have accepted your bay’ah on this basis.’”

(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 4512; according to another report: he accepted their bay’ah by words… the hand of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never touched the hand of any woman except a woman he owned . Reported by al-Bukhaari, 6674).

Some Muslims feel too embarrassed to refuse when a woman offers her hand to them. In addition to mixing with women, some of them claim that they are forced to shake hands with fellow-students and teachers in schools and universities, or with colleagues in the workplace, or in business meetings and so on, but this is not an acceptable excuse. The Muslim should overcome his own feelings and the promptings of the Shaytaan, and be strong in his faith, because Allaah is not ashamed of the truth. The Muslim could apologize politely and explain that the reason he does not want to shake hands is not to offend or hurt anybody’s feelings, but it is because he is following the teachings of his religion. In most cases this will earn him respect from others. There is no harm done if they find it strange at first, and it may even be a practical opportunity for da’wah. And Allaah knows best.
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/cat/58&page=3
What is the ruling on one who is intimate with women but does not commit zina, i.e. kissing etc?.

Praise be to Allaah. Zina (adultery, fornication) does not refer only to penetration, rather there is the zina of the hand, which is touching that which is forbidden, and the zina of the eyes, which is looking at that which is forbidden, even though zina that is committed with the private parts, is the zina which is punishable with the hadd punishment.
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has decreed for every son of Adam his share of zina, which he will inevitably commit. The zina of the eyes is looking, the zina of the tongue is speaking, one may wish and desire, and the private parts confirm that or deny it.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5889; Muslim, 2657.
It is not permissible for the Muslim to long for the things that lead to zina, such as kissing, being alone, touching and looking, for all these things are haraam and lead to the greater evil which is zina.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And come not near to unlawful sex. Verily, it is a Faahishah (i.e. anything that transgresses its limits: a great sin, and an evil way that leads one to hell unless Allaah Forgives him)”
[al-Isra’ 17:32]
Looking at that which is forbidden is one of the arrows of the Shaytaan, which leads a person to doom, even if he did not do it intentionally at first. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts). That is purer for them. Verily, Allaah is All‑Aware of what they do.
And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts)”
[al-Noor 24:30-31]
Think about how Allaah connects the issue of lowering the gaze with the issue of protecting the private parts (guarding one’s chastity) in these verses, and how lowering the gaze is mentioned first, before protecting the private parts, because the eye influences the heart.
Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
In these two verses, Allaah commands the believing men and women to lower their gaze and guard their chastity, which is because of the serious nature of zina and what it leads to of great corruption among the Muslims. Letting one's gaze wander freely is one of the causes of sickness in the heart and the occurrence of immoral actions, whereas lowering the gaze is one of the means of keeping oneself safe from that. Hence Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts). That is purer for them. Verily, Allaah is All‑Aware of what they do.”
[al-Noor 24:30]
Lowering one’s gaze and guarding one’s chastity is purer for the believer in this world and in the Hereafter, whereas letting one’s gaze wander freely and not guarding one's chastity are among the greatest causes of doom and punishment in this world and in the Hereafter. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.
Allaah tells us that He is All-Aware of what people do, and that nothing is hidden from Him. This is a warning to the believer against doing that which Allaah has forbidden and turning away from that which Allaah has prescribed for him, and it is a reminder to him that Allaah sees him and knows all that he does, whether it is good or otherwise. As Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Allaah knows the fraud of the eyes, and all that the breasts conceal”
[Ghaafir 40:19]
End quote. From al-Tabarruj wa Khataruhu.
The Muslim has to fear his Lord in secret and in public, and keep away from that which Allaah has forbidden of being alone with a member of the opposite sex, looking, shaking hands, kissing and other haraam actions which lead to the immoral action of zina.
The sinner should not be deceived into thinking that he will not commit zina and that he will stop at these haraam actions and not go that far, for the Shaytaan will never leave him alone. There is no hadd punishment for these haraam actions, such as kissing etc., because the hadd punishment is only for intercourse (zina), but the judge may punish him with a ta’zeer punishment to deter him and others like him from committing these sins.
Ibn al-Qayyim said:
Ta’zeer punishments may be prescribed for every sin for which there is no hadd punishment or specific expiation (kafaarah), for sins are of three kinds: those for which there is a hadd punishment but no kafaarah is required; those for which kafaarah is required but there is no hadd punishment; and those for which there is neither a hadd punishment nor kafaarah. The first type includes such crimes as stealing, drinking alcohol, zina and slander. The second includes having intercourse during the day in Ramadaan, or when in ihraam. The third type includes having intercourse with a slave woman who is owned jointly with someone else, kissing a non-mahram woman and being alone with her, entering the public baths without a waist wrapper, eating dead meat, blood and pork, and so on.
I’laam al-Muwaqqa’een, 2/77
The person who has committed any of these actions has to repent to Allaah, for whoever repents Allaah will accept his repentance, and the one who repents is like one who did not sin.
One of the greatest means of expiation for such sins is offering the five daily prayers regularly and on time. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The five daily prayers, and from one Jumu’ah to the next, and from one Ramadaan to the next, expiates for the sins that come in between, so long as you avoid major sins.” Narrated by Muslim, 1/209
And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

http://www.islamqa.com/en/cat/58
  • Can somebody please clear the issue I am having with Muhammad's marriage to Aisha? My friend told me that it was an honor marriage, that he did it as a sign of good faith to his best friend (the father of Aisha I guess). Is that true? And is it true that they did not consummate the marriage?

Thanks again to everybody for your responses and kindness!
Hopefully this will help:
http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...phet-pbuh.html

I hope that was helpful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!