/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

PouringRain
03-02-2010, 11:35 PM
To introduce myself, If no one minds, I'll just copy my introduction from another forum. :)

I joined this forum because I have always enjoyed studying Islam, and have had some dear friends who were Muslim in the past. I wanted to find a place where I could study more and interact with others. Thank you for allowing me here.

Mind if I share one of my favorite surah's from the Quran?

Surah 94

1 Have we not expanded your breast?
2 And removed from you your burden
3 Which galled your back?
4 And raised high the esteem in which you are held?
5 So, truly, with every difficulty, there is relief:
6 Truly, with every difficulty there is relief.
7 Therefore, when you are free, still labour hard,
8 And to your Lord turn your attention.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
03-02-2010, 11:37 PM
You've come to the right place. :welcome:

PouringRain
03-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Thank you, Life_Is_Short. :)

جوري
03-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Greetings and :welcome: aboard..

here is my favorite surah from the Quran:
Enjoy

Media Tags are no longer supported

Asad translation of Surah Adh-Dhuha
1 CONSIDER the bright morning hours,

2 and the night when it grows still and dark.1

3 Thy Sustainer has not forsaken thee, nor does He scorn thee:2

4 for, indeed, the life to come will be better for thee than this earlier part [of thy life]!

5 And, indeed, in time will thy Sustainer grant thee [what thy heart desires], and thou shalt be well-pleased.

6 Has He not found thee an orphan, and given thee shelter?3

7 And found thee lost on thy way, and guided thee?

8 And found thee in want, and given thee sufficiency?

9 Therefore, the orphan shalt thou never wrong,

10 and him that seeks [thy] help shalt thou never chide,4

11 and of thy Sustainer's blessings shalt thou [ever] speak.5

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sawdah
03-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Welcome to IB PouringRain. I hope you find this forum very beneficial:)

Surah Al-Inshirah (Solace), very nice surah. Glad you shared. :)

PouringRain
03-03-2010, 04:59 AM
Thank you for the welcome, Gossamer Skye & Seekerofjannah.

Gossamer Skye, that is a beautiful Surah also. Thank you for sharing it with me here. There are some really beautiful YouTube videos with the Surah recitations.

Rafeeq
03-03-2010, 05:31 AM
Welcome to IB family

syilla
03-03-2010, 05:58 AM
thank you for sharing us the surah :)

Welcome and have a beneficial stay :)

PouringRain
03-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Thank you Rafeeq & Syilla.

Asiyah3
03-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks for sharing the Surah :D I repeated the video over ten times, heh.
Welcome to the family! I hope you'll have a beneficial and enjoyable stay :)

PouringRain
03-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Thank you, _muslim_.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Hello PouringRain..
Welcome to the Islamic Forum!

May you enjoy your stay on here, and carry on gaining beautiful Knowledge, and benefit yourself and others from it InshaAllaah (God Willing)....

MashaAllaah nice surah..

Peace be to you!

PouringRain
03-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Thank you, Muslim World 12.

Ramadhan
03-04-2010, 03:27 AM
Wow... the two surah QS Inshirah and QS Adh Dhuha are two my most favorite surah!

Welcome aboard, pouringrain!

PouringRain
03-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Thank you, Naidamar.

I always liked this Surah also. (It is the first one I memorized):

Al-Ikhlas

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only!
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not nor is He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp-6o...eature=related

Asiyah3
03-04-2010, 02:32 PM
^Indeed it's a beautiful Surah. I thought to quote you this:

From Qutaadah ibn al-Nu’maan (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said that a man stayed up to worship Allaah at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) just before dawn and recited “Qul huwa Allaahu ahad,” but did not recite anything else. In the morning, the man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and told him about this, thinking that perhaps he was not doing enough. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, it is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’aan.” (al-Bukhaari, 4627).

‘Aa’ishah reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent a man in charge of a small military campaign, and when he recited Qur’aan whilst leading his companions in prayer, he would always end with Qul huwa Allaahu ahad. When they came back, (his companions) mentioned that to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who told them to ask him why he did that. So they asked him, and he said, “Because it is a description of the Most Merciful, and I love to recite it.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Tell him that Allaah loves him.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 6827)

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard a man reciting Qul huwa Allaahu ahad, and said, “It is his right.’ They asked, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, what is his right?’ He said, ‘Paradise is his right.’ (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 7669)

zana
03-04-2010, 03:28 PM
salaam and welcome on board, may u benefit and enjoy ur stay
ameen

PouringRain
03-04-2010, 04:25 PM
_muslim_ I have heard the first one, but not the second and third. Thank you for sharing. I will confess that my knowledge of the hadiths are one of my weakest areas and honestly not something I have ever studied, although one day I intend to.

Zana, thank you for the welcome.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!