View Full Version : congenital heart disease

anonymous
03-03-2010, 03:50 PM
any1 kno any1 born wid it

feel as if my world has collapsed

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-04-2010, 04:14 AM
tons of people are born with congenital heart diseases that very from completely negligible to some incompatible with life at birth for instance transposition of the great vessels which requires immediate surgery for survival..

what kind of CHD are you born with if you don't mine me asking?

I was born with an inherited form of anemia, everyone has something that they have to live with:

وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ بِشَيْءٍ مِّنَ الْخَوفْ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ الأَمَوَالِ وَالأنفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ وَبَشِّرِ الصَّابِرِينَ {155}
[Pickthal 2:155] And surely We shall try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and crops; but give glad tidings to the steadfast,

3:186 Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil, then that will be a determining factor in all affairs.

:w:

gladTidings
03-04-2010, 08:01 AM
:sl:

I was born with a common congenital heart disease, ventricular septal defect (a hole between the right and left ventricle of the heart). It didn't heal later on so I had surgery at 7 years. Its a common procedure and Alhamdullilah I had no symptoms associated with the CHD. Although I did and still do faint occasionally and feel dizzy, fatigued it is not associated with the CHD. At 15 years I was told that my heart is functionally normally and I no longer have to go for regular check ups.

So Alhamdullilah as sis skye said it is almost completely negligable.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him ) is reported to have said ,"How amazing is the affair of the believer. Everything is good for him - and that is for no one but the believer: If good times come his way, he is thankful and that is good for him, and if hardship comes his way, he is patient and that is good for him." (Authenticated by Al-Albani)

May Allah swt make it easy for you...Ameen
Ws.

zakirs
03-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Sorry to hear.I think it can be healed. May you get well soon bro/sis.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Raaina
03-04-2010, 08:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl

I was born with a common congenital heart disease, ventricular septal defect (a hole between the right and left ventricle of the heart). It didn't heal later on so I had surgery at 7 years. Its a common procedure and Alhamdullilah I had no symptoms associated with the CHD. Although I did and still do faint occasionally and feel dizzy, fatigued it is not associated with the CHD. At 15 years I was told that my heart is functionally normally and I no longer have to go for regular check ups.

So Alhamdullilah as sis skye said it is almost completely negligable.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him ) is reported to have said ,"How amazing is the affair of the believer. Everything is good for him - and that is for no one but the believer: If good times come his way, he is thankful and that is good for him, and if hardship comes his way, he is patient and that is good for him." (Authenticated by Al-Albani)

May Allah swt make it easy for you...Ameen
Ws.
I to was born with a common congenital heart disease, ventricular septal defect (a hole between the right and left ventricle of the heart).

Mine is only a small hole, when I was born, they said it would heal up, but it hasn't to date. I had check ups up until about 3 years ago I think it was when they said I no longer had to come for regular check ups and only if I felt there was something wrong I should go. I've never had surgery for mine, it's so small it doesn't cause me any problems at all.

When I was younger they said I wouldn't be allowed to fly on planes, but then when I got older I checked with my doctor and he said it would be fine :statisfie and Alhamdullilah so far so good.

muslimsister1
03-04-2010, 10:21 AM

Hope your in good health, i have CHD, mine was repaired when i was born, the op that i had was transportion of the great vessels, Alhumdolilah i have been well n had regular chekups till 15, im now seeing a cardiologist again as i wish to start a family soon Inshaallah. It may be easier for people who are born with CHD becasue it is something we have had to grow up with, i know sme pple find out later in life that they have CHD which can be disturbing as you have jst had a normal life until then. Anonymous i do not knw you situatin as in what CHD you hve or wer you born with it etc., Try not to worry about it Allah SWT will make it easy it for you Inshaallah, jst keep praying. I know it may seem scary and you probly have a lot of question you wnat answering, CHD is not something you inherit its jst one of them thing that can happen to anyone, if you are living in the UK you can join a forum called GUCH, its evryone who has CHD and they jst chat bout evrthing and ask others question, Inshaallah that mite help you, I have joined up 2 it and find it useful. Even thos i have had this disease since birth n im now 27 i still have question, i read up about it on the internet aswell, when i was born my CHD was bad as my parents had to pray the kalimah for me a few times :cry:, i cannot imagine wht they must have been going through :cry:, but Alhumdolilah im fine now and its all up to Allah SWT. Anonymous if you want to talke about this more feel free, i will be here to listen to you Inshaallah.

take care.

:wa:

جوري
03-04-2010, 05:34 PM
sob7an Allah.. whenever I think no one can top my problems, I read of other people's woes and I am completely humbled ..
May Allah grant you all shifa, happiness in this life and the hereafter insha'Allah..

I just want to add a quick note, that many of these 'congenital holes' so to speak are physiological places where the blood bypasses certain structure in utero, since your mother breathes for you, you don't really need pulmonary and systemic circulation to occur as it does after you are born.. usually after birth in a few days these holes close on their own.. but in some individuals they are bigger than usual or fail to close.. some are negligible and some require surgery.. but medicine has so advanced now that there is really nothing to worry about if you seek proper care insha'Allah..

and Allah swt knows best

anonymous
03-06-2010, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimsister1

i cannot imagine wht they must have been going through :cry:, but

im speakin as a parent here. n i went thru HELL. so b gr8ful 2 ya parents. i know u probs r

alhamdulillah i was blessed wid a son 2 months ago. was the HAPPIEST day of my life words cannot even begin to explain. prior to havin him i posted a thread here sayin i worry about babies health and pray 4 him. this is natural in every parent 2 be... but i did not expect anythin like dat 2 happen 2 my precious little baby.

but less than 24 hrs after he was born durin a regular dr check up he was sed 2 hav a heart murmur. my world collapsed. was trned upside down. it still hasnt sunk in wat he has been thru. i have 100000000000000000000000 worries over my head.imsadimsadimsadimsadimsad n wat makes it worst is he is my first baby... i shal post the rest later in more depth n inshallah seek da advice of those hu hav been thru d sam

jazakallah

جوري
03-06-2010, 07:32 PM
most babies have a normal physiological murmur of the newborn, it doesn't mean your child has a congenital heart disease:

http://fn.bmj.com/content/78/3/F166.abstract

and Allah swt knows best

anonymous
03-06-2010, 07:37 PM
hes had surgery and alhamdulillah is well

he had a coarctation of the aorta

i feel so down i hav so many concerns i jus feel like breakin down al day every day:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

جوري
03-07-2010, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
hes had surgery and alhamdulillah is well

he had a coarctation of the aorta

i feel so down i hav so many concerns i jus feel like breakin down al day every day:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

al7mdlillah that it was caught and repaired early, many people go into their adulthood not knowing they have this problem, which occurs at the same location where the ductus arteriousus closes.. sometimes this becomes an area of narrowing which may not be discovered until one is well in their adulthood and years of high blood pressure and frequent miscarriages occur amongst other things..

I am not belittling at all this event akhi/ukhty... but Allah swt in his infinite wisdom has enabled the doctors to discover this early on and have it repaired right away.. insha'Allah from this point forward your child can live a normal life.. have hope and faith and insha'Allah, enjoy the company of your little one ..

May Allah swt bless you and yours..

anonymous
03-07-2010, 01:52 PM
^^^ mashallah u r well knowledgeable sis thanks

al dats on ma mind is wat if he needs more ops/endocartatis/high blood pressure/what if my other kids have a heart problem/ what if my babys children inherit it 4rm him plus looooooooads more :cry::cry::cry::cry:

anonymous
03-07-2010, 01:52 PM
plus i cant handle goin 2 al his chek ups cos am scared of what il find

anonymous
03-07-2010, 01:54 PM
nothin like dis has ever happened in our family history.... theres children born every month in our family al of which be fine... cant help but question why my baby... i know thats bein ungr8ful but sumtyms i cant help it

id like to tlk 2 those sisters that had VSD pls post again

gladTidings
03-07-2010, 02:44 PM
what would you like to know sis? Theres nothing much else to tell. I am completely healthy alhamdullilah.

anonymous
03-07-2010, 07:44 PM
sis pearl hw old r u if u dnt mind me askin

جوري
03-07-2010, 07:48 PM
^^^ mashallah u r well knowledgeable sis thanks

al dats on ma mind is wat if he needs more ops/endocartatis/high blood pressure/what if my other kids have a heart problem/ what if my babys children inherit it 4rm him plus looooooooads more :cry::cry::cry::cry:

you'll just have to take it one day at a time, like the rest of us.. anyone of us is at a threat of something going wrong at any time..
many people are at a threat of endocarditis and undergo prophylaxis by simply taking antibiotics, endocarditis is in fact treatable, and I am not suggesting your baby will ever be at a threat of developing that.. my mother always takes antibiotics before undergoing any dental procedure for exactly that purpose..
and this isn't an inheritable disorder so don't worry about it and again take it one day at a time, your baby hasn't even crawled yet how can you be worried about that far down the road?

sis/br. pls be grateful for the gift of a beautiful child, know that many folks including my own sr. has had miscarriages, or no children at all (me) and that everyone has a sorrow, you are not singled out for it, but the way you deal with it insha'Allah shall speak volumes of your character, so be thankful to Allah swt for the gift that you do have and the gift of health-care which many folks aren't blessed with..

anonymous
03-07-2010, 08:03 PM
^^ ya ryt sis alhamdulillah of course im grateful more than can be expressed in words. I knw ders ppl out there worse than me ive seen it with my own eyes. Wat my baby had done in the context of heart surgery was i quote ''NOTHING'' compared to wat they deal with. Alhamdullilah i cudnt thank Allah swt more 4 giving me the strength to get theu the most difficult tym of my life. Seeing my son on a herat monitor and wires and beeping machinery wen he was just a day old and Carrying him to the operating theatre in my arms whilst he was screaming for milk which i cudnt giv him due to the fast b4 the op and seeing him put to sleep with a mask surrounded by al dat equipment was the most horrific tym of my life. and then seeing him in ICU with tubes and wires in every single part of his body was horrendous. I would not wish my worst enenmy to go thru that. Shukr alhamdulillah hes ok.

And i know im thinking wayyyyyyyy dwn the line but as his mum i have 10000000000000000000000000 concerns.

May Allah swt bless u and your sister with healthy pious children inshallah i wil make dua 4 u sis

p.s. wats rong wid ur mum sis???

جوري
03-07-2010, 08:35 PM
^^ ya ryt sis alhamdulillah of course im grateful more than can be expressed in words. I knw ders ppl out there worse than me ive seen it with my own eyes. Wat my baby had done in the context of heart surgery was i quote ''NOTHING'' compared to wat they deal with. Alhamdullilah i cudnt thank Allah swt more 4 giving me the strength to get theu the most difficult tym of my life. Seeing my son on a herat monitor and wires and beeping machinery wen he was just a day old and Carrying him to the operating theatre in my arms whilst he was screaming for milk which i cudnt giv him due to the fast b4 the op and seeing him put to sleep with a mask surrounded by al dat equipment was the most horrific tym of my life. and then seeing him in ICU with tubes and wires in every single part of his body was horrendous. I would not wish my worst enenmy to go thru that. Shukr alhamdulillah hes ok.

And i know im thinking wayyyyyyyy dwn the line but as his mum i have 10000000000000000000000000 concerns.

May Allah swt bless u and your sister with healthy pious children inshallah i wil make dua 4 u sis

p.s. wats rong wid ur mum sis???
Jazaki Allah khyran..
my mom has a heart condition, for which she receives meds. and prophylaxis.. heart disease and blood disorders run in my family..but al7mdlillah it can be alot worst..

gladTidings
03-07-2010, 10:22 PM
sis pearl hw old r u if u dnt mind me askin
Im going to be 22 at the end of this month inshAllah. Sister, your concerns are only natural but life and death, health and illness is in the hands of Allah swt. You need to trust in Allah, and that what he decides for you is best for you and deal with it with patience. As sis skye said, take each day at a time... your baby will grow and develop before your eyes and you should cherish this time you have with him. Plus you need to be healthy for him....so that your strong enough to take care of him when he's out of hospital =)

May Allah swt make him the coolness of your eyes and a proper mu'min. Ameen.

Ws x

muslimsister1
03-08-2010, 10:00 AM

Bro/Sis, i understand that you have so many questions, fears.. but what the sisters have posted is correct, you have to put your trust in Allah SWT as he is the giver and taker of all things, he give's illnesses and provides cure. I cannot imagine what you must be going through but you have to be strong, seek solace in Allah SWT, wenever you raise your hands in dus pour out to Allah SWT, pour out your fears, weep and talk to Allah SWT, tell him all you feel and Allah SWT will help you and your child Inshaallah. Your child will be looking for you for comfort as they grow, if you are weak than how will that help them? As i suggested in my prev post you could join a GUCH forum wer they are parents who's children have CHD, mayb speaking to other parents mite help you and answer some of your questions.

anonymous
03-08-2010, 02:25 PM
jazakallah sisters u have been a great help

alhamdulillah my son came out of hosiptal weeks ago shukr alhamdulillah he is welll as cud be no1 wud think hed had a heart op... its jus i am naturally a weak person and its stil al a bit 2 much 4 me to take in.. i wake up every mornin n i stil cant believ that my son has a heart op... i go to sleep at nyt n al i can see is images of him being poked n prodded everywer n then in ICU... Its sumthin that will always be on my mind 4 the rest of my life

I just dont know how im going to explain to him if he asks

how did ur parents expalin to u wat was wrong wid u?

did u ever question why u?

have u any bros/sisters hu have a heart problem?

pls answer sisters may Allah rewward u and bless u al wid a long healthy pious life Ameeeeen

sis pearl u only a bit younger then meimsad

anonymous
03-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Alhamdulillah im so grateful... ders many ppl hu have it ten tyms harder... i try to keep tellin myself dat to keep me goin...i have a frend hus little boy was born wid half a heart... subhnallah how she has managed 4 d past 4 yrs i shal never know... he has to have heart ops every so often to rebuild the other half of his heart... keep him in ya duas also...

anonymous
03-08-2010, 02:30 PM
oh n 1 more thing how often did u have 2 go 4 chek ups? n do u stil go sisters??

muslimsister1
03-08-2010, 05:53 PM

Thats good Mashallah that ur child is on the road to recovery, may Allah SWT help both of you through this journey, no1else in my fam have this problem, my parents jst told me as i was growing up, not in a bad way but they dint make a big deal out of it, no i have never questioned y me cuz its someting that i was brought up with and its a part of who i am as a person, Inshaallah your child will think along these lines as they grow up. I understand that all you can pictre is what you child has had to go through, i had my chekups till i was about 15, recently started again, i cant remember how often ii used to go, sorry. Hope all this is of help to you and Inshaallah i pray to Allah SWT to give both you and your child the strength.

Take Care

جوري
03-08-2010, 06:36 PM
oh n 1 more thing how often did u have 2 go 4 chek ups? n do u stil go sisters??
you have to go with your child for the 'well child visits' where they receive vaccination and usually they'll let you know there, it is best to keep your child's pediatrician on top of history so that your baby receives the best care...
Everyone should visit their physician yearly regardless of whether or not they have a condition that needs attention.

I have problems now that I didn't have last year and I wouldn't have learned about them had I not gone for a checkup.. It is good to have maintenance for your health is a gift from Allah swt..

I'll keep your little one in my du3a insha'Allah

anonymous
03-08-2010, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimsister1

Thats good Mashallah that ur child is on the road to recovery, may Allah SWT help both of you through this journey

mashallah he is absolutely fine alhamdulillah u shud c him lafin away subhanallah wat a gift :D Ameen to al ya duas sisters pls keep my son in your duas as i shall u inshallah azwajal

anonymous
03-08-2010, 10:09 PM
muslimsister r u the eldest/youngest in ya family

sori 4 buggin u ma allah reward u

muslimsister1
03-09-2010, 09:14 AM

first of all you are not bugging me im glad to be of help, it helps me to speak to some1 aswell, hope your child is doing well and Inshaallah i will keep you both in my duas, im in the middle, its my eldest bro den me den my youngest bro, so as you can imagine being the onley girl aswell it was harder for my parents. Feel free to ask anything you want Inshaallah we will try and help you.

Take care

anonymous
03-09-2010, 03:02 PM
awww

sis u have been fantastic thank u so much may Allah bless u with a long and healthy life inshaAllah and bless you with healthy pious children Ameen

im a bit upset 2day . went to baby clinic to get my babys immunisations and the nurse refused to do then until he was seen by a cardiologist.. i just want my baby to be treated like a normal child mashaAllah he is absolutely fine now

and seeing al those babies al absolutely fine is jus so hard

May Allah give me strength and patience

muslimsister1
03-09-2010, 03:51 PM

Ameen to your duas, i cant imagine how it must be like for you, whatever treatment your child will have in the future will be dealt with carefully due to his medical condition. I too have to have antibiotics b4 any treatments at the dentist, its to help your child and they are looking out for his welfare. Inshallah things will get better in time, i think you frst need time to get used to it and Inshaallh once you watch your child growing it will make it easier for you.

Take care.

anonymous
03-12-2010, 05:03 PM
thanks alot sis uv bin a star

U know wat sis iv cum to realIse after raeding al sorts of stories onlien about heart disease that what my son has is NOTHING as I was told time and time again by many of the staff at LGI. Alhamdulillah im so grateful for what Allah swt has given me. My baby brings me so much joy and happiness I cannot imagine life without him. InshaAllah he will have a normal life as ppl wid this condition do. I request everyone raeding this to please keep my son in their duas. Jazakallah.

Ps sis if u have an email addy leave it me plz... I was a very active memeber of thsi forum a loooong tym ago but i no longer have an account here so i cant PM ya. Thanks sis xxxx

muslimsister1
03-13-2010, 10:50 PM

Im glad ur feeling a lot better, Inshaallah it wil get better with time, dnt be scared to search for info, it better for you the more you find out the more you will be able to help your child Inshaallah in the future. id luv to leave you my email add the only thing is i dnt want all to see it, i cant PM you as your dwn as anonymous. Here for you wenveva u nd to chat. If you dnt mnd me asking, hw old is ur little one?

Take care

anonymous
03-14-2010, 12:45 PM
thanks sis

he is mashallah 9 wks and is duin fantastic mashallah

syilla
03-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Ameen to all the duas... May Allah give us strength physically and emotionally for the sake of Allah swt :)

theblackcloud
03-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Life is so rough, isn't it?

I wish you all the best with your problems. Thank your dear merciful creator that you are still alive to this day.

anonymous
03-20-2010, 07:53 PM
life isnt rough its a test :)

Allah swt does things 4 a reason. if this makes me a better muslim and a better mum then so be it

if any1 has any1 to add regardin CHD please post. jazakallah xxx

anonymous
03-23-2010, 02:08 PM
wer r d sisz 4rm this thread gne

muslimsister1
03-24-2010, 10:35 AM

Sorry jst bin busy, hpe u n ur son are wll, jst remembred did u go n see a cardiologist RE injection ur son was supposed to have? hpe ur son is doin well, hw u feeling? ru finding things easier?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!