/* */

PDA

View Full Version : assalam o alaikum :)

uzairjvd
03-03-2010, 04:19 PM
ok so this may sound a little weird to you ppl but i have a question i am new so bare with me
Islam has the cure for almost every disease right?is there any cure or dua for height increase ?i mean it is a kind of disease or deformity but still,is there?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
uzairjvd
03-04-2010, 05:59 PM
anyone?or anyone with any idea where i would be able to get an answer for this ?

Tilmeez
03-04-2010, 06:06 PM
I believe you need to see a good doctor to answer your question.

Apart from this, :welcome: on board :)

uzairjvd
03-04-2010, 06:28 PM
right its not my problem its a common question the reason i asked it is because islam and quran has the cure for many diseases so i thought that it might have an answer for this too ... exercises and consulting a good doctor might help but i am not sure it always does .....ppl end up wasting their money

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
uzairjvd
03-04-2010, 06:28 PM
and thank you

Life_Is_Short
03-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Height is neither a disease nor a deformity. Do you mean diseases where you have abnormal growth like Achondroplasia?

uzairjvd
03-05-2010, 12:03 PM
no not Achondroplasia <--that is a deformity ....pardon the terminology i used ...what i mean is a normal height problem that people face these days ...you see people posting stuff on various webpages and health communites like `hey i am 18 and only 5`3 ` and stuff like that... so i was refering to that ....recently i saw a forum where some guy posted a dua to increase height but upon further research i foung out that he was wrong or incorrect ..so this question popped in my mind

Life_Is_Short
03-05-2010, 03:28 PM
You're concerned about general height not height being a medical problem. Most people that are short are normal. It's genetic (neither a disease nor a deformaty) and therefore normal. There is no point in asking whether Allah has created a cure for it then.

People are concerned because society values tall people. If height is a problem then surely having a different eye or hair colour is a problem too. There is no cure for that. The only way to find a cure for that is to start modifying genes which would lead to parents selectively choosing how they want their children to be. This is not allowed in Islam.

Muslim Woman
03-05-2010, 05:44 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by uzairjvd
....recently i saw a forum where some guy posted a dua to increase height

I don't know about any dua that will make a short person tall. Also as sis already mentioned , it's not a disease.

btw Quran is a cure of all evil . So we must use that for the benefit of our hereafter ; worrying too much about height is not good nor does height will bring us any good on the final day.

Misz_Muslimah
03-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Welcome to the forum uzairjvd!

uzairjvd
03-06-2010, 09:26 AM
hmm your are probably right and thanks :)

Rafeeq
03-06-2010, 09:38 AM
appreciating Muslim Woman answer to your question, I welcome you to the Islamic Board.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!