/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Witchcraft - Is it forbidden?

Raaina
03-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Ok, this might seem like a very odd post, but I still want to hear people's opinions.

And I could be wrong in my thinking, so please if I am point it out and correct me.

Ok so, I want to know, is Witchcraft allowed in Islam?

I'm sure pagans are disliked in Islam, but not all pagans are witches and practice witchcraft. So since witchcraft is different to Paganism, is it allowed or forbidden?

I hope this makes sense.....

I'd be interested to hear your views. :p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
03-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Define "witchcraft" because I always thought it to mean magic for bad purposes.

Salahudeen
03-03-2010, 09:57 PM
All witch craft is forbidden and is kufr. Witch craft is knowledge which was revealed to a certain people as a trial for them, and they were told to not learn it as whoever learns magic and pratices it will have no share in the here after.

"Indeed we are only a trial for you so disbelieve not by learning this magic from us"

to pratice magic is a mjor sin and under sharia law the person who does so will have his head chopped off.

this is because Umar RA gave the order for all the magcians to be killed during his reign as caliph.

I have an interesting lecture for you on magic check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF1RJ1W5AbE

all magic is forbidden even if you do it with the intention of good as magic involves the use of jinn and the jinn only aid you when you please them by doing shirk.

do not go near magic, if a person is suffering from magic there is an islamic way to cure. let me find verse for you in qur'an that taks about it

"and they followed what the devils gave out of magic in the life time of Solomon, Solomon did not disbelieve but the devil's disbelieved by teaching people magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels Harut and Marut.

but neither of thse two angels taught anyone anything untill they had said "we are only a trial for you so disbelieve not by learning this magic from us, and from these angels people learnt that which causes seperation between husband and wife, but they can not harm anyone excpet by Allah's permission, and they learn that which harms and profits them not, and indeed they knew that the practitioners of magic would have no share in the here after and how bad indeed was that for which they sold ther ownselves, if they but knew" Baqrah 102

from this ayah we learn that praticing/learning magic is kufr because of the part that says "neither of these two angels taught anyone anything untill they had said "we are only a trial for you so disbelieve not by learning this knowledge/magic from us"

cat eyes
03-03-2010, 10:25 PM
of course its forbidden :hmm: it destroys families. theres such thing as using this for good cos no good comes out of it!

the lowest dept of helfire will be there home

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
03-03-2010, 10:47 PM
The first thing that comes to mind when I, personally, hear "witchcraft" is Harry Potter. My friend said the first thing he remembers is WoW (Wars of Warcraft).

I was an HP addict not too long ago. Inna lillah...

Dagless
03-03-2010, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
The first thing that comes to mind when I, personally, hear "witchcraft" is Harry Potter. My friend said the first thing he remembers is WoW (Wars of Warcraft).

WORLD Of Warcraft :raging::raging:

Banu_Hashim
03-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Without a doubt the practise of "wichcraft" is forbidden and is about as far from Islam as you can get. Only Allah, the One, has powers beyond the faculties given to man.

I hope this answers your question inshaAllah.

'Abd-al Latif
03-05-2010, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
of course its forbidden :hmm: it destroys families. theres such thing as using this for good cos no good comes out of it!

the lowest dept of helfire will be there home
No, the lowest depth will be for the hypocrites.

Verily, the hypocrites will be in the lowest depth (grade) of the Fire; no helper will you find for them. [al-Nisa’ 4:145]

cat eyes
03-06-2010, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
No, the lowest depth will be for the hypocrites.

Verily, the hypocrites will be in the lowest depth (grade) of the Fire; no helper will you find for them. [al-Nisa’ 4:145]
oh i was thinking it was the magicians because they pray to shayytan and they do what ever shayytan requires of them in return for another person getting harmed!

Magicians cant be forgiven either because they have disbelieved? but hypocrites have a chance at least because of lot of people dont know there hypocrites.

lol hummm:hmm:

S<Chowdhury
03-06-2010, 04:24 PM

Wait are we not suppose to watch harry potter or play world of war craft? because but Harry Potter is just SFX and World of Warcrafts is just a silly little game ( I'm not a fan of either).

cat eyes
03-06-2010, 09:09 PM

harry pot head movie is okay but theres an awful lot of influence in it to
but id love to see Alice in wonderland :D

the trailer looks so funny

'Abd-al Latif
03-06-2010, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
oh i was thinking it was the magicians because they pray to shayytan and they do what ever shayytan requires of them in return for another person getting harmed!

Magicians cant be forgiven either because they have disbelieved? but hypocrites have a chance at least because of lot of people dont know there hypocrites.

lol hummm:hmm:
Well yes of course magic is of the major sins that expels one out of the folds of Islam and whoever does magic he must killed. Just to become a magician is a disgusting and revolting process and the very nature of magic is considered disbelief. But even worse than this is hypocrisy. The harm the hypocrites can cause is even greater than that of a magician and this is why their punishment is even greater than that of a magic.

S_87
03-07-2010, 11:28 AM
hmm was reading something about the methods the other day:

Allaah the Most High said, regarding those who learn and practice magic:

وَلَقَدْ عَلِمُواْ لَمَنِ اشْتَرَاهُ مَا لَهُ فِي الآخِرَةِ مِنْ خَلاَقٍ

" And indeed they knew that the buyers of it (magic) would have no share in the Hereafter." (al-Baqarah 2:102)

And the "buying, purchasing" mentioned in the verse, Shaykh Saalih Aal ash-Shaykh says in explanation of the verse, as occurs in his explanation of Kitab ut-Tawhid on the chapter on magic:

والساحر اشترى من تعلم السحر اشترى، اشترى أي شيء؟ اشترى السحر بدل أي شيء؟ بدل توحيده، فالثمن التوحيد، الثمن هو الإيمان بالله وحده، والمثمن هو السحر

"And the magician he has purchased the learning of magic, he has purchased, purchased what thing? He has purchased magic in place of what thing? In place of Tawhid, so the price is Tawhid, the price is faith in Allaah alone, and the object (being bought) is magic... so it means the one who gave his religion as consideration (something of value) for that thing which he took, which is magic..."

Since magic relies upon the agency of the Jinn, then a man or woman does not become a magician up until the Jinn can verify that this person is eager to become one truthfully and practically, and that he desires to harm the people, and thus when an individual first starts making contact with the Jinn, they will require from him or her the following, as examples:

* To disbelieve in Allaah, through reviling Him, or transgressing against Him (such as in the manner described below)
* To abandon the prayer.
* To pray in the toilet area.
* To put the mus.haf (copy of the Qur'an) under his feet and to enter the toilet with it area, as a means of defiling and belittling it.
* To write the Qur'an with impurities such as menstrual blood or faeces as a means of belittling it.
* To commit incest.
* To remain alone in a dark room for forty days without coming into contact with water.
* To remain for a long time in janaabah (state of sexual impurity) without bathing.
* To remain in a dark room, or some deserted isolated place where the rebellious devils amongst the Jinn come and perform lewd acts with him or her.

Shaykh Saalih Aal ash-Shaykh also says in the same aforementioned chapter:

السحر بجميع أنواعه فيه استخدام للشياطين واستعانة بها، والشياطين لا تخدم إلا من تقرب إليها، تتقرب إليها بأي شيء؟ بالذبح يتقرب إليها بأي شيء؟ بالاستغاثة يتقرب إليها بالاستعاذة ونحو ذلك، يعني: يصرف إليها شيئا من أنواع العبادة، بل قد نظرت في بعض كتب السحر، فوجدت أن ساحرا - بحسب ما وصف ذلك الكاتب - لا يصل إلى حقيقة السحر وتخدمه الجن كما ينبغي حتى يهين القرآن، ويهين المصحف، وحتى يكفر بالله، ويسب الله - جل وعلا - ونبيه صلى الله عليه وسلم

"Magic in all of its types contains the use of the devils and seeking aid from them. The devils do not serve except the one who seeks closeness to them. You seek closeness to them with what thing? With sacrifice (of something to them). He seeks closeness to them with what thing? With seeking aid. He seeks nearness to them through seeking refuge (in them) and so on. Meaning that he directs some of the worship (that is only due to Allaah alone) to them. And I have looked in some of the books of magic and I found that the magician - in accordance with what that autohr described - that he cannot arrive at true, real magic and the Jinn will not serve him as is desired until he belittles the Qur'an, or belittles the copy of the Quran (mus.haf) or until he disbelieves in Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, and His Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam)."

The devils love disobedience in Allaah and kufr and shirk, and thus, they will only serve and carry out the requests of people who are prepared to do acts similar to those above.

Note that this also happens amongst the Jews and Christians. Those who are practitioners of magic amongst them will be asked by the Jinn to commit what would be, in their religion, disbelief, such as dishonoring the Bible, or the Torah, or cursing and reviling Jesus, the son of Mary and so on. And in general the devils hate the revealed books, and they hate Prophethood and Messengership, and as the Jinns are of many different religions and beliefs (Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Pagans and so on), including hypocrites amongst them and innovators, and as the general characteristic of the devils is to love disbelief and disobedience and violation of the sanctities, then they will command the magicians, that come from the background of the revealed books, to commit that which is a revilement upon the notions of revelation and prophethood.

http://www.dajjaal.com/liar/articles...ian-saahir.cfm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!