/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wilders goes for headscarf ban in the Hague

Uthman
03-04-2010, 07:41 PM
A ban on headscarves for city council workers and in all institutions and clubs which get local authority money will be the most important point in the PVV´s negotiations to join governing coalitions in Almere and the Hague, says party leader Geert Wilders.

Speaking to RTL news, Wilders said the ban would be central to talks to form new local authority executives in the only two cities where the party is contesting the March 3 local elections.

The ban will apply to 'all council offices and all other institutions and clubs which get even one cent of council money,' he said.

The PVV is tipped to emerge as the biggest party in Almere and second biggest in the Hague.

Speech

Wilders brought up the ban again in a speech to supporters in Almere, where he entered the room to the Rocky theme tune Eye of the Tiger.

The ban will not apply to other religious items such as Christian crosses and Jewish skull caps because these are symbols of our own Dutch culture, Wilders said in his speech, receiving a standing ovation from the crowd.

The speech began with a 'lengthy tirade' against the 'arrogant Labour party', according to the Volkskrant report of the meeting. 'If you translate the PvdA's Arabic language election brochures they say 'bring your family here. You get benefits, we pay for everything', the Volkskrant quoted the PVV leader as saying.

'Almere must become the safest city in the Netherlands,' he said. 'There will be an end to subsidies for Turkish macramé and Arabic finger painting. Not just the Netherlands but all of Europe will look to Almere.'

Discrimination

Wilders is currently facing charges of discrimination and inciting hatred against non western immigrants and Muslims. He always maintains he is opposed to Islam, not Muslims themselves.

Earlier this week, Wilders told the Telegraaf the PVV´s commitment to maintaining the current retirement age of 65 would be crucial in negotiations to form a new national government, following the collapse of the CDA, Labour and ChristenUnie alliance last weekend.

Most parties have already ruled out forming a coalition with Wilders. Only the Christian Democrats and right wing Liberals VVD have not done so.

Opinion polls make it likely that four parties will be needed to form a new government after the June 9 vote.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
★ηαѕιнα★
03-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Scary really...especially this part:

format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān

Most parties have already ruled out forming a coalition with Wilders. Only the Christian Democrats and right wing Liberals VVD have not done so.

Source

islamirama
03-04-2010, 08:02 PM
May Allah put him out of his misery soon and his party, ameen!

Raaina
03-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Surely banning headscarfs is against our human rights :(

I hate all this about controlling what people can and cannot wear.

I second "May Allah put him out of his misery soon and his party, ameen!"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skavau
03-04-2010, 08:46 PM
It is against human rights. It isn't even a meaningful answer to the attempted incorporation of Muslims into Western Culture. It only succeeds in enforcing isolation and contempt between communities. You cannot dictate values into people.

aamirsaab
03-04-2010, 09:02 PM
:sl:
Wilders still crying like a baby huh?

Supreme
03-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Wait, people still take this guy seriously?

He's an old joke now- yes he was funny at first, time to move on.

cat eyes
03-04-2010, 10:25 PM
how can people control what others wear? its unbelievable man

aadil77
03-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Wilders can burn in hell and I wouldn't be suprised if someone tries attacking him now

Dagless
03-04-2010, 10:40 PM
'There will be an end to subsidies for Turkish macramé and Arabic finger painting. Not just the Netherlands but all of Europe will look to Almere.'
Wilders is currently facing charges of discrimination and inciting hatred against non western immigrants and Muslims. He always maintains he is opposed to Islam, not Muslims themselves.
How are macrame and finger painting a strictly Islamic thing? He is just trying to justify his own racism.

Amadeus85
03-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Liberal democracy will breed even bigger idiots.

سيف الله
03-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Salaam

Wait, people still take this guy seriously?

He's an old joke now- yes he was funny at first, time to move on.
yes agree there

It is against human rights. It isn't even a meaningful answer to the attempted incorporation of Muslims into Western Culture. It only succeeds in enforcing isolation and contempt between communities. You cannot dictate values into people.
Agree with the gist of it but the bold part makes me a little nervous, reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4...eature=related

Cant get it out of my head :phew :p

Ummu Sufyaan
03-05-2010, 01:48 AM
what is this obsession these people are having with womens clothes :ermm:

Maryan0
03-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Wilders brought up the ban again in a speech to supporters in Almere, where he entered the room to the Rocky theme tune Eye of the Tiger.
lol what a loser. The islamophobia in europe is escalating rather quickly.
Salam

north_malaysian
03-05-2010, 07:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
May Allah put him out of his misery soon and his party, ameen!
May Allah make him a Muslim. Amin!

★ηαѕιнα★
03-05-2010, 07:47 AM
^^Yeah like the swedish guy, or was he danish??

Well yeah he is gaining terrotory here. The government cant ignore that. Personally I fear the worst.
He is also very popular amongst Dutch students. They find him "cool" cos he has the guts to say all those things.

aadil77
03-05-2010, 10:59 PM
wilders is really pissing me off, this ugly racist ******* wants to ban the quran and a load of other things he's said in an interview

islamirama
03-06-2010, 06:14 AM
The opportunity Geert Wilders has waited for

4 March 2010

A party that calls Islam a backward religion, wants a ban on headscarves in public life and has compared the Koran to Hitler's Mein Kampf has made major gains in local elections in the Netherlands.

Geert Wilders' Freedom Party (PVV) has become the biggest party in the medium-sized city of Almere, and the second biggest in the political capital of the Netherlands, The Hague.

Mr Wilders was visibly buoyed by the results, but was also combative in his reaction, and called the results the first step in the upcoming campaign for parliamentary elections.

"The national campaign begins today. Today, in Almere and The Hague, tomorrow in all of the Netherlands… On 9 June, we'll conquer the Netherlands," he said.

The question remains whether the party will be able to join local government in those two cities. Dutch politics features a plethora of parties, and compromise is necessary to form coalitions.

Geert Wilders has said his party is ready to find the middle ground, but now he will be tested. Other Dutch parties are loath to work together with the PVV because of its outspoken standpoints.

Controversy fuels popularity

These elections are seen as an important indicator as the country prepares for parliamentary elections in June. The Labour Party's withdrawal from the Dutch cabinet on 20 February, causing the cabinet to fall, is just the opportunity Geert Wilders has been waiting for.

Since releasing the anti-Islam film Fitna two years ago, and being refused entry into the UK last year, Mr Wilders has been riding high in the opinion polls. His party has consistently polled as one of the biggest in the country.

The fact that he has been charged with fomenting hatred and discrimination has, if anything, only served to increase his popularity, at home and abroad.

The trial is currently on hold after two preliminary hearings, but will resume in the summer, and ultimately Wilders could face two years in prison if convicted.

But this, too, seems to have worked in the politician's favour, with many seeing him as a champion of the right to free speech.

Mr Wilders is also riding a wave of anti-establishment sentiment. Many Dutch voters are tired of politics-as-usual. That is reflected by the relatively poor showing in these municipal elections by the two major parties that formed the recent governing coalition, the Labour Party and the Christian Democrats.

Other parties which did well were the centre-right D66 and the left-wing Green Left party - the two parties that have been most vocal against Geert Wilders.

The Dutch voters are split, but it is clear the established parties are struggling to stay in touch with them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8549155.stm

---------

Besides his hatred for Islam, he does this only to get publicity. He is one of those idiots who are incompetent on their own so they try to become something through/because of others. Best solution is to just ignore him and leave his stupid country, and boycott his country's products so he and his supporters learn a lesson for attacking Islam and the Muslims.

Notice how first they went after niqab, minarets and now the hijab. Slowly they will ban everything Islamic to force the Muslims to become naked shameless kuffar like them.

"Never will the Jews nor the Christians be pleased with you(O Muhammad ) till you follow their religion..." (Al-Baqarah 2:120)

Sampharo
03-06-2010, 01:26 PM
He always maintains he is opposed to Islam, not Muslims themselves.
Is that supposed to make it less insulting or racial? "I don't hate jews..., I am opposed to what they believe in, judaism" would not have worked with Hitler, would it? How many people are buying that opposing Islam is NOT opposing muslims?

It's a good wake up call to people worldwide actually if he wins. We'll see the racism bubbling to the surface finally and maybe muslims will start learning that this Western nonsense of "we accept muslims/islam, we only hate terrorism" and "muslims should assimilate into our community, they are granted freedom of worship like everyone else" will start disappearing from naive perceptions.

Skavau
03-06-2010, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
Is that supposed to make it less insulting or racial? "I don't hate jews..., I am opposed to what they believe in, judaism" would not have worked with Hitler, would it? How many people are buying that opposing Islam is NOT opposing muslims?
Actually, it is entirely plausible to hold intellectual opposition to an ideology without holding any personal contempt or opposition to its adherents. It would not have worked with Hitler because he actually did things that negatively impacted on the lives of individuals Jews.

In any case, there is something inherently contradictory with all of this. It is too often maintained, and often maintained without reasoning that every person who wears a hijab or niqaab is being oppressed in some form by 'extremists'. The resolution proposed by people like Wilders is that to resolve this 'oppression' is to impose the converse. It is to say "To dress a certain way is oppression, so therefore you must not by law dress that way".

Many of you may be surprised, but I cannot abide the hijab ban at all. It is foundationally totalitarian.

Sampharo
03-06-2010, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau
Actually, it is entirely plausible to hold intellectual opposition to an ideology without holding any personal contempt or opposition to its adherents. It would not have worked with Hitler because he actually did things that negatively impacted on the lives of individuals Jews.

......The resolution proposed by people like Wilders is that to resolve this 'oppression' is to impose the converse.
As opposed to banning women's modesty and the muslim's holy book, the Quran, NOT being negatively impacting the lives of individual muslims?

And what oppression of hijab ARE you even bringing to this story? You're mixing things up with France, Wilder has announced publicly he is banning it because they are not part of Europe's culture, as opposed to the christian crosses and jewish skullcaps.

The_Prince
03-06-2010, 06:23 PM
if his party wins in the elections then Muslim countries should stop all oil exports to the netherlands, and cancel all trade-business links, :)

Skavau
03-06-2010, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
As opposed to banning women's modesty and the muslim's holy book, the Quran, NOT being negatively impacting the lives of individual muslims?
I agree. But it is possible to be foundationally against an ideology whilst not holding contempt for their adherents. For example I am strongly against Scientology and believe it should be outlawed as deceptive racket. I do not however hate Scientologists.

And what oppression of hijab ARE you even bringing to this story? You're mixing things up with France, Wilder has announced publicly he is banning it because they are not part of Europe's culture, as opposed to the christian crosses and jewish skullcaps.
Perhaps you should reread what I said. I never defended the banning of hijab in any sense, for oppression or the protection of any 'culture' (which is another fallacy).

Dagless
03-06-2010, 07:03 PM
I agree. But it is possible to be foundationally against an ideology whilst not holding contempt for their adherents. For example I am strongly against Scientology and believe it should be outlawed as deceptive racket. I do not however hate Scientologists.
Wilders is not "strongly against" Islam. He hates it, and everything about it (and some things which aren't even about it but he thinks that they are).

How can you be strongly against an ideology but not dislike the people who follow it? If someone is a true Muslim then he/she will live their lives according to Islam, they will be the embodiment of the religion, following all the teachings. If the Scientologist is a true Scientologist he/she will follow it to the letter, including the things you don't like. If you dislike beliefs you should dislike the people who carry them out. I dislike Hitlers ideology and I dislike Hitler.

Religion is not like milkshake, ie. I hate strawberry milkshake but don't dislike the people who like strawberry milkshake. To dislike a religion you must dislike its teachings because they attack you in some way or are against your code. The followers of that religion usually carry out its teachings and so they can't exactly be your best friend.

"Hey Wilders, great game of bowling but I gotta go and pray"
"Sure thing Dagless, by the way when I'm in charge I'll outlaw prayer and everything else you like to do which doesn't hurt anyone else... but I don't hate you as a person, have a great day".
"er... yeah you too Wilders... you crazy **** :|"

Skavau
03-06-2010, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Wilders is not "strongly against" Islam. He hates it, and everything about it (and some things which aren't even about it but he thinks that they are).
As far as I am aware, Wilders is against Islam for ethical reasons. He despises the ideology (as I do Scientology) and considers it a threat to the culture of Europe.

How can you be strongly against an ideology but not dislike the people who follow it? If someone is a true Muslim then he/she will live their lives according to Islam, they will be the embodiment of the religion, following all the teachings. If the Scientologist is a true Scientologist he/she will follow it to the letter, including the things you don't like. If you dislike beliefs you should dislike the people who carry them out. I dislike Hitlers ideology and I dislike Hitler.
That's ridiculous. First of all, despising Hitler is not contigent on despising Nazism. It is entirely possible to despise Hitler purely because of the fact that he is responsible for the death of millions.

Indeed, isn't that even anti-Islamic? I presume that you despise or disagree with atheism (possibly to the extent I disagree with Scientology), polytheism, idolatry, homosexuality and other concepts deemed impermissable but I would not argued that means by consequence you hate everyone involved with it.

I don't hate Scientologists because they are often manipulated into the cult. They are lied to, abused and financially. Why would I hate them? I would feel sympathy for them and try to communicate with them the deception and damage Scientology has done to the lives of people.

Religion is not like milkshake, ie. I hate strawberry milkshake but don't dislike the people who like strawberry milkshake. To dislike a religion you must dislike its teachings because they attack you in some way or are against your code. The followers of that religion usually carry out its teachings and so they can't exactly be your best friend.
I can dislike the teachings of a religion. It does not necessitate that from this I must dislike everyone involved in the religion. There are many aspects of Islam that people on here know I do not approve of. I do not hate them for believing them to be ethically valid. Au contrare I sometimes respect their sincerity in respect to it.

You are projecting the attitude of some on specific things onto others.

Dagless
03-06-2010, 07:52 PM
As far as I am aware, Wilders is against Islam for ethical reasons. He despises the ideology (as I do Scientology) and considers it a threat to the culture of Europe.

That's ridiculous. First of all, despising Hitler is not contigent on despising Nazism. It is entirely possible to despise Hitler purely because of the fact that he is responsible for the death of millions.
It goes hand in hand. He killed people BECAUSE of his ideology. If he'd accidentally caused a power plant meltdown by spilling his coffee on a keyboard he probably would not be hated as now. On the flip side I dislike Nick Griffin for his ideology (he hasn't killed anyone or done anything else wrong as far as I'm aware).

Indeed, isn't that even anti-Islamic? I presume that you despise or disagree with atheism (possibly to the extent I disagree with Scientology), polytheism, idolatry, homosexuality and other concepts deemed impermissable but I would not argued that means by consequence you hate everyone involved with it.

I don't hate Scientologists because they are often manipulated into the cult. They are lied to, abused and financially. Why would I hate them? I would feel sympathy for them and try to communicate with them the deception and damage Scientology has done to the lives of people.

I can dislike the teachings of a religion. It does not necessitate that from this I must dislike everyone involved in the religion. There are many aspects of Islam that people on here know I do not approve of. I do not hate them for believing them to be ethically valid. Au contrare I sometimes respect their sincerity in respect to it.

You are projecting the attitude of some on specific things onto others.
I used the term "dislike" rather than "hate", but hate would require even more provocation. I did not say all relgions disliked all others; but if you do dislike one (because you are attacked in some way) you will dislike the people too.I'm all for freedom of religion and am respectful if there are no personal or religious attacks (as the case should be). A scientologist who is abused and ripped off probably isn't a poster boy for scientology. I am speaking of those who follow it to the letter. I am not completely aware of the core beliefs but understand there are relatively few top level scientologists who understand the religion fully and practice it.

OurIslamic
03-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Gert Wilders is a mentally retarded man, don't think too much of him.

S<Chowdhury
03-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Give me a weapon and a ticket to Holland........ and the rest will be history :raging: ;D

Esther462
03-06-2010, 09:00 PM
People don't understand that Islam means PEACE not HATE. We are a peaceful faith and people and don't want to cause trouble. They don't understand that minory of muslims cause trouble but they aren't muslims. Most of Europ is not making us muslims welcome.

Skavau
03-06-2010, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
I used the term "dislike" rather than "hate", but hate would require even more provocation. I did not say all relgions disliked all others; but if you do dislike one (because you are attacked in some way) you will dislike the people too.I'm all for freedom of religion and am respectful if there are no personal or religious attacks (as the case should be). A scientologist who is abused and ripped off probably isn't a poster boy for scientology. I am speaking of those who follow it to the letter. I am not completely aware of the core beliefs but understand there are relatively few top level scientologists who understand the religion fully and practice it.
No, if I was to dislike anyone in Scientology it would be the high level "chairman of the board", heir to the throne of L.Ron Hubbard David Miscavage. Scientology is a money laundering cult that exploits its members. It masquerades as an education, a job, a religion and a company when it feels like it. There are several countries in Europe that do not recognise Scientology as a religion and have hauled them to court for fraud.

Are you familiar with the actions of L. Ron Hubbard by the way?

Supreme
03-06-2010, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Gert Wilders is a mentally retarded man, don't think too much of him.
Don't think too much of him isn't really a solution. History of full of 'mentally retarded men', men like Hitler, Stalin, Nero, Pol Pot, Mussolini, Leopold II, Robespierre, the Mad Mahdi, Mary I, Ivan the Terrible, Tamerlane, Pope Urban II, Draco, King Herod, Alexander the Great, Ashurnasirpal: men who were completely harmless, until they attained power and proved to the world just how mentally retarded they were.

★ηαѕιнα★
03-06-2010, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Give me a weapon and a ticket to Holland........ and the rest will be history :raging: ;D
Make sure you say goodbye to your fiancee cos you aint going back.
They will through you into prison before you can say "hands up!" ;D

S<Chowdhury
03-06-2010, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
Make sure you say goodbye to your fiancee cos you aint going back.
They will through you into prison before you can say "hands up!" ;D
Will do say goodbye though it won't be a tearful one probably be "you tool" ( Note she'll probably will slap me ) haha doubt that I'll be a sniper or sumthin, i have plenty of practise on Modern Warfare 2 LOL ;D

★ηαѕιнα★
03-06-2010, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Will do say goodbye though it won't be a tearful one probably be "you tool" ( Note she'll probably will slap me ) haha doubt that I'll be a sniper or sumthin, i have plenty of practise on Modern Warfare 2 LOL ;D
HAHA finally something good can come of playing video games. ;D
In that case ill say: Keep playing!

Uncle Jee
03-07-2010, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
lol what a loser. The islamophobia in europe is escalating rather quickly.
Salam
It an easy way to win cheap votes

★ηαѕιнα★
03-07-2010, 02:17 PM
^^True. And its working. Walked by a group of them voters in the schoollibrary this week. Heard one of them saying: "Oh no! They want to protest against Wilders in England". He was reading an article on the net about it. I was shocked really, proved my thoughts about students voting on Wilders. :S

Raphael
03-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Some of the responses here are a bit pathetic, bordering on offensive. I possibly would pray that this man is guided on to the deen....and after all everyone who is on the straight path is surely on it because of Allah's Rahma...

And We never sent a messenger save with the language of his folk, that he might make (the message) clear for them. Then Allah sendeth whom He will astray, and guideth whom He will. He is the Mighty, the Wise.

Surat Ibrahim
(14:4)

and ultimately we do not have to wish for this or that for this man, because it is Allah's promise...

And Allah hath created the heavens and the earth with truth, and that every soul may be repaid what it hath earned. And they will not be wronged.

Surah Al-Jathiya
(45:22)

Should every Muslim wish for you to get what you deserve in the hereafter for your sins...? Rather we hope for Allah's Mercy, and Allah's Mercy is greater than his wrath. To which I do not have to give a verse, as the entire Quran is a testament to that.

Instead of wishing ill on this man, should someone who has an opportunity give him dawah, and the rest of us pray that Allah guides him....his shahadah would be the victory any harm on him could never ever be.

Remember that we too are in need of mercy....

Whoso doeth right it is for his soul, and whoso doeth wrong it is against it. And thy Lord is not at all a tyrant to His slaves.

Surat Fussilat
(41:46)

Muezzin
03-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Wilders goes for headscarf ban in the Hague
People wear headscarves in the Hague?

:p

Anyway, if Mr Wilders is not too busy choosing credibility-destroying entrance music (Eye of the Tiger?!), I think covering his insane hairstyle would work wonders for Geert. Bring back the bowler, baby.

★ηαѕιнα★
03-08-2010, 07:59 AM
^^ Haha TOO Funny!! Dont touch his stylish hairstyle man. In his world of insanity its actually the new fashionthing. ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!