/* */

PDA

View Full Version : girl name meaning

AnonymousPoster
03-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Could someone please tell me the meaning of the name: Panteha

It was the name of an Iranian princess I think but that is the only info I have been able to get. Would really appreciate if someone could be the origin/meaning of this name.

Jazakallah khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
03-05-2010, 02:28 AM
I have visited few Persian/Iranian Names website, but the result is always : Name of Persian princess, daughter of Kourosh. There is no another meaning.

Rafeeq
03-06-2010, 09:26 AM
There is no meaning I could discover. If you want to name some one, why don't you consider some other name?

cat eyes
03-06-2010, 08:50 PM
to be honest with you, its not that much of a nice name and probably dose not even have a meaning, most names that are found on the internet will obviously have the meaning of them if that name came from a certain country so i say if you couldnt find any meaning then that probably means it dose not mean anything.. now my name for example i just googled it and a meaning came up.
My surname is german so the meaning of that even came up on it also.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PouringRain
03-06-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't know if this is accurate or not, but I found an article about an artist named Panteha and it says:

Quote: When asked for the meaning of her name, she responded: "In the pagan era, the Greek built temples of worship, the pantheons, housing their many gods. This was later adapted in the literature of ancient Persia and subsequently chosen as a female name."

http://www.iranian.com/Arts/2003/Aug...ati/index.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!