/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are You a Cyber Widow?

islamirama
03-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Are You a Cyber Widow?

Does your husband spend more time with his computer than he does with anyone at home? Are you and the children left to fend for yourselves? Are you a cyber widow? If you have to think twice before giving your answer, then first try this questionnaire

Read more: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...#ixzz0hF9ZsLVD

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
-Fallen Angel-
03-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Two words (and one number): Modern Warfare 2.

*Edited*

M..x
03-04-2010, 09:46 PM
^ Oh Gosh. Another Call of Duty one *eyes rolly & sighs*

S<Chowdhury
03-04-2010, 09:48 PM
LOL True say though Modern Warfare and Counter Strike are addictive can lead away from duties

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
03-04-2010, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Muslimah x
this game is BIG FITNA!!! it's going to make my friends fail uni, they all stay up playing it at night and some turn up looking dead others turn up late. then they all talk about who played the best last night. :hmm:

they keep telling me to get ps3 but I fear that would be a big fitna for me :heated:.

I might get it for the summer holidays though.

S<Chowdhury
03-04-2010, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
this game is BIG FITNA!!! it's going to make my friends fail uni, they all stay up playing it at night and some turn up looking dead others turn up late. then they all talk about who played the best last night. :hmm:

they keep telling me to get ps3 but I fear that would be a big fitna for me :heated:.

I might get it for the summer holidays though.

Raaaaaw all night playing call of duty thats called commitment :hmm:

Salahudeen
03-04-2010, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Raaaaaw all night playing call of duty thats called commitment :hmm:
yeah then come into uni with dark shadows under their eyes, they're going to make their own clan, and it's going to consist of real life people who all know each other.

gonna be like 30 members who know each other in real life and hang out ;D

I'm gonna get it in the summer holidays and join the action.

S<Chowdhury
03-04-2010, 09:55 PM
yeah then come into uni with dark shadows under their eyes, they're going to make their own clan, and it's going to consist of real life people who all know each other.

gonna be like 30 members who know each other in real life and hang out ;D

I'm gonna get it in the summer holidays and join the action.
Yeah defo get in the summer holidays i got it now but i have somewhat discipline (meaning my mum comes and shouts at me) so i play about a hour or two a day its well addictive though........

M..x
03-04-2010, 09:56 PM
^ It reminds me of my little brothers. Their proper game-freaks. And they die over this game. Xbox all the way? Eurgh. I can't STAND computer games. I want them to die. They should not have been invented!

Salahudeen
03-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah defo get in the summer holidays i got it now but i have somewhat discipline (meaning my mum comes and shouts at me) so i play about a hour or two a day its well addictive though........
yeah defo bro we will play in the sumemr holidays I still owe you that game of css ;D wait till the summer holidays.

Salahudeen
03-04-2010, 10:01 PM
^ It reminds me of my little brothers. Their proper game-freaks. And they die over this game. Xbox all the way? Eurgh. I can't STAND computer games. I want them to die. They should not have been invented!
LOL I have a friend who is more closer to his Xbox family then his real life family LOL.

he says "they're like my family" referring to all his online gaming buddies.

S<Chowdhury
03-04-2010, 10:01 PM
yeah defo bro we will play in the sumemr holidays I still owe you that game of css ;D wait till the summer holidays.
Defo Bro Inshallah

going back to topic again, i think most people by the time they reach the age of marriage just in general you'd hopefully stop being such "game freaks" and realised that a marriage is far greater than the internet or gaming .

S<Chowdhury
03-04-2010, 10:04 PM
LOL I have a friend who is more closer to his Xbox family then his real life family LOL.

he says "they're like my family" referring to all his online gaming buddies.
Xbox its PS3 all the way :) anyway Xbox gamers are usually hardcore gamers as you described above.....so ridiculous how you can base your whole life around a virtual environment.

Salahudeen
03-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Defo Bro Inshallah

going back to topic again, i think most people by the time they reach the age of marriage just in general you'd hopefully stop being such "game freaks" and realised that a marriage is far greater than the internet or gaming .
true but there's no harm if it's done in moderation like 1 hour a day, it's when it becomes excessive and takes over your life like an addiction that the problem comes.

When I'm married I will play on it with my wife if she likes games :hmm:

S<Chowdhury
03-04-2010, 10:06 PM
true but there's no harm if it's done in moderation like 1 hour a day, it's when it becomes excessive and takes over your life like an addiction that the problem comes.

When I'm married I will play on it with my wife if she likes games :hmm:
Inshallah you will Bro, yeah i'm a social gamer like anyone else, thankfully my fiancee loves a bit of PS3 soo :statisfie

-Fallen Angel-
03-05-2010, 12:18 PM
I get shouted at too...imsad

:raging:
Anyways, i only play at night after i've done everything else
I mean where else can i kill me some kafirs like those US Marines :p

Also (going off topic again) it's fun to kill those British/American guys who think they are fighting a real war

islamirama
03-05-2010, 10:59 PM
This thread was suppose to be for the married ladies, not you single lads. We already know you got no life, or social life...

Nimboo
03-06-2010, 01:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
This thread was suppose to be for the married ladies, not you single lads. We already know you got no life, or social life...
^^ Don't confuse us with yourself.

Brothers: Give your Wives the Attention they Need
Sisters: STOP interfering, does he complain when you spend all day in the Kitchen?

S<Chowdhury
03-06-2010, 11:05 AM
^^^^^^^^ Alie

★ηαѕιнα★
03-06-2010, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by UnhappyD:
I get shouted at too...imsad

:raging:
Anyways, i only play at night after i've done everything else
I mean where else can i kill me some kafirs like those US Marines :p

Also (going off topic again) it's fun to kill those proper British/American guys who think they are fighting a real war lol
;D Bro do you think we cant read the smaller lign?? No need to make it smaller, its still visible for the naked eye. No magnifier needed. ;D
Anyway I should keep my mouth shut about this game. Else lil bro will check it out and we will have to DRAG him to the dinner table. ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Nimboo
^^ Don't confuse us with yourself.

Brothers: Give your Wives the Attention they Need
Sisters: STOP interfering, does he complain when you spend all day in the Kitchen?
Hmm I feel very angry all of a sudden..:raging:
I should throw your gamethingey in the trash ;D
Or sell it and buy a Call of Duty poster for you to look at and be miserable.

S<Chowdhury
03-06-2010, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
;D Bro do you think we cant read the smaller lign?? No need to make it smaller, its still visible for the naked eye. No magnifier needed. ;D
Anyway I should keep my mouth shut about this game. Else lil bro will check it out and we will have to DRAG him to the dinner table. ;D
Nothing wrong with a limited time on the PS3, its away to calm down after a stressful day by going around shooting people....GTA was more addictive ;D anyway

★ηαѕιнα★
03-06-2010, 11:44 AM
^^ Yeah he has GTA. And playing videogames aint exactly calming or relaxing.
Gets your adrenaline going from shooting people and strategic thinking. Ide rather watch a good docu on Animal Planet or so with a cup of tea (no standing in the kitchen all day:raging:). Helps keeping both feet on the ground. ;D

S<Chowdhury
03-06-2010, 12:25 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ Hmm different people have different ways of dealing with stress, i find it relaxing just to kick back on the sofa and play PS3.

Beardo
03-06-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm not even married yet I can still picture my future wife (insha'Allah) in this thread. :x

that's if I can't get her hooked on just like myself... :hmm::

★ηαѕιнα★
03-06-2010, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I'm not even married yet I can still picture my future wife (insha'Allah) in this thread. :x

that's if I can't get her hooked on just like myself... :hmm::
Seriously bro you should think twice b4 doing that. Else she will be playing whatever while your stomach is making whale noises from hunger and the house is a warzone because of the many energydrinks and empty takeout bags. Then you cant go back ;D

Salahudeen
03-08-2010, 12:40 AM
^ LOL, I have to disagree, there is something very relaxing about coming home after a long day and sitting back on ur sofa relaxing with a joy pad killing people and shouting "NOOB" at the screen.

I cant't wait for those days to come back!!

Beardo
03-08-2010, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
Seriously bro you should think twice b4 doing that. Else she will be playing whatever while your stomach is making whale noises from hunger and the house is a warzone because of the many energydrinks and empty takeout bags. Then you cant go back ;D
LOL! Well, I think we could use another Sister staff here... :X

But you made a good point. Maybe I could enroll her in some cooking classes or something... Online cooking class?

Future Potential Spouse (FPS), if you're readign this, I'm JUST KIDDING. :phew

Anyway, I think it's important for both the husband and wife to take equal responsibility. It's not fair for the burden to fall on one person, regardless of whether they have an understanding or not.

IslamicRevival
03-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Three words. Modern Warfare 2.
I dont understand why people play such violent games. IMO, These kinds of games are a bad influence hence why i believe no Muslim should be playing such games.

I'm in the process of getting rid of my PS3, Regret buying it in the first place as Ive found that its just another tool of shaytan to take you away from Islam. I've only had it for a few months and thankfully i have refrained from wasting money on such pathetic useless faith killing games.

Brothers, forget and cut down the usage of your PC or any other false entertainment (TV) Your wife/Familiy are worth much more then useless rubbish which is displayed on a screen. I say this first and foremost to myself.

May Allah SWT protect us all. Ameen

Beardo
03-08-2010, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
I dont understand why people play such violent games. IMO, These kinds of games are a bad influence hence why i believe no Muslim should be playing such games.

I'm in the process of getting rid of my PS3, Regret buying it in the first place as Ive found that its just another tool of shaytan to take you away from Islam. I've only had it for a few months and thankfully i have refrained from wasting money on such pathetic useless faith killing games.

Brothers, forget and cut down the usage of your PC or any other false entertainment (TV) Your wife/Familiy are worth much more then useless rubbish which is displayed on a screen. I say this first and foremost to myself.

May Allah SWT protect us all. Ameen
So true. You see these little kids these days running around, formign their hands in the shape of guns and shooting each other, sometimes even at their elders.

waqas maqsood
03-08-2010, 04:09 AM
Three words. Modern Warfare 2.
My dear Brother.... ITS 2 WORDS AND 1 NUMBER.. :statisfie

★ηαѕιнα★
03-08-2010, 07:55 AM
^^ You guys are funny seriously. I agree with brother Troubles Soul 110%.
Good post!

-Fallen Angel-
03-08-2010, 08:45 AM
So true. You see these little kids these days running around, formign their hands in the shape of guns and shooting each other, sometimes even at their elders.
I've never seen any kids do that. :hmm:
However i do it though... to my friends, after owning them the night before ;D

★ηαѕιнα★
03-08-2010, 09:40 AM
^^ LOL at the invisable message. Very smart of you brother! ;D

Mr.President
03-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKBRG_QgEAM

waqas maqsood
03-08-2010, 07:41 PM
how cool would it be if there was an Islamic game on ps3... with great graphics...

S<Chowdhury
03-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Wow thats the point where u need throw that PS3 out the window, though the whole forming their hands in a shape of a gun usually come from when boys usually go "BRAP" or "BULLET BULLET" phrases :hmm:

Though i haven't actually witnessed boys going out doing those things in front of elders :hmm:

-Fallen Angel-
03-08-2010, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
how cool would it be if there was an Islamic game on ps3... with great graphics...
Yea.. one where you spread Islam to everyone by shooting them with magical bullets that make them believe :p

M..x
03-08-2010, 07:52 PM
What is tha point again of this thread *eyes rolly*

S<Chowdhury
03-08-2010, 07:54 PM
How as men we should realise computer games and the internet should never take over our family time, that we should carry equal responsibilities in a marriage and never let the burden to fall on 1 person :)

waqas maqsood
03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Having a formal discussions.. and who knows, we come with a halal, profit-making feasible idea for a business... as well as ways of spreading the Oneness of Allah

:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!