/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Swedish army wants Afghan women to be their masseuses

islamirama
03-05-2010, 04:41 AM
Allow Afghan women to give massages: army adviser

14 Dec 09

In a written internal document submitted from Swedish headquarters at Camp Northern Lights, Gender Field Adviser Captain Krister Fahlstedt of Afghanistan force FS17 took exception to an army contract specifying that on-base massage services should be provided exclusively by men.

"The agreement specifies, with no further explanation, that the physiotherapists (masseurs/masseuses) should be men," wrote Fahlstedt in his November submission.

The captain's investigations showed that the recommendation was followed to the letter, as two men were brought in to perform massages.

"It is the opinion of FS17 that there are no reasonable grounds for gender to be one of the profile requirements," he wrote.

Fahlstedt further stressed that his force was committed to strengthening the position of women in society by helping create the conditions in which they could become self-sufficient.

"It's not important as such whether women eventually get the job, what's important is that there's equality of opportunity and they are treated on the same terms as men," Fahlstedt told The Local.

"Contracts of this kind must always be gender neutral, and this is actually the only time I've seen an army contract worded in this way," he added.

Fahlstedt, active in both the Centre Party and the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Rights (RFSL), returned earlier this month to Sweden from service with the FS17 force. He remains hopeful that the army will rectify the situation and begin considering the possibility of employing Afghan masseuses.

"I haven't received a formal response yet but I have been led to believe that the necessary changes will be made to the contract," he told The Local.

http://www.thelocal.se/23846/20091214/
comments:

This is the liberation they wanted to bring to the country! where the Muslim women have to massage these foreign invading men. The pervert's idea of "strengthening the position of women" is to have them oil and massage naked foreign invaders.

Not to mention as to how it will go from there... masseus - harass - rape...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The_Prince
03-05-2010, 03:11 PM
so much for respecting another people's culture, tradition, and society. perhaps westerners should really start to follow what they preach?

Predator
03-05-2010, 03:18 PM
What a Pathetic bunch of perverts

MMohammed
03-05-2010, 03:19 PM
This won't happen (huh).The guns hard bullets will be massaging them soon.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supreme
03-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Wait, Sweden has troops in Afghanistan?

Oh I see. They don't have the guts to help us fighting the Taliban, but they have the time to have local women massaging them. Now I know why Sweden is in NATO.

Wait, what?

جوري
03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
you are not there to fight the taliban.. you are there to steal the wealth of another sovereign nation.. and it will be the final nail in your coffin as it was the nail in Russia's coffin insha'Allah..

can't really compare folks who need a massage to age long stoics who have absolutely nothing left to lose!

جوري
03-05-2010, 05:10 PM
the real reason you are there is Greed.. plain and simple:

Afghanistan sitting on a gold mine. The real reason we’re fighting the war?

{page:Section1;} -->

The US Geological Survey estimates there are 700 billion cubic metres of gas and 300 million tons of oil in Afghanistan. Afghan Mining Minister Mohammad Ibrahim Adel said there are also significant deposits of copper, iron, gold, coal -- as well as emeralds and rubies. Already in the pipeline is the exploitation of one of the world’s biggest copper deposits 20 miles east of Kabul. Adel said a 30-year lease with the China Metallurgical Group is being finalized to mine more than 11 million tons of copper worth $88 billion that would create 5,000 jobs five years from now. However, the colossal Aynak project represents only a fraction of Afghanistan's unexploited resources. The USGS is carrying out a nationwide survey of mineral wealth and oil and gas deposits that is expected to be completed in a year. Adel said: "In 10 years Afghanistan will be the richest country in the region." Source

and it has always been the case! (talk about know them by their fruits)

Souljette
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
It's war why the hell they need masseuses for..losers..and that also women..they have no equality properly and they want equality here..darn

-Fallen Angel-
03-05-2010, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Wait, Sweden has troops in Afghanistan?

Oh I see. They don't have the guts to help us fighting the Taliban, but they have the time to have local women massaging them. Now I know why Sweden is in NATO.

Wait, what?
You're not there to fight the Taliban, or Al Qaeda. I must admit the Taliban did bad things in Afghanistan, but that does not give the right to another nation to invade. They are now fighting to protect their country from the 'invaders'. Al Qaeda is just a bunch of idiots who were paid by the US to kill and scream to the world that they are doing Jihad, and serving Islam, which is a total lie. The US invaded Afganistan for wealth (gold, oil, gas, etc) and even land to set up bases and such, and the British followed them like a hungry dog would. Same thing goes for Iraq. The only country that should have action taken upon is Israel. The country was stolen by the rest of the world so the Jews could have a place to live... ok fair enough (although they don't deserve it), but on top of that they want to kick Palestinians out of the country? Worse still is that they are building settlements in the west bank, which they shouldn't, they raid the west bank, and Gaza, airstrikes and all that, rape and murder innocents killing mothers and children alike and isolate Gaza strip from the rest of the world with no aid... that's terrorism yet everyone turns a blind eye to that, obviously, because lots of Jews were killed in WW2, so they are allowed to do this on others. Don't make me laugh. This world belongs to nobody but God, and as God's creations we should be protecting and preserving it, living in harmony with everyone (and everything).
Sorry for the long rant, just my views. And no, i'm not racist, i am just against actions that 'westernised' countries take.

Long story short: Everyone should get the f**k out of Afghanistan and Iraq, They should stop paying Al Qaeda $ and then there would be no terrorism. Nobody needs 'help' from the West, they've done enough already. These vikings and sick and disgusting, they can go get massaged by their own women which they can bring from their own countries. Nobody owes them anything and nobody asked for their help in the first place.

Supreme
03-05-2010, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
you are not there to fight the taliban.. you are there to steal the wealth of another sovereign nation.. and it will be the final nail in your coffin as it was the nail in Russia's coffin insha'Allah..

can't really compare folks who need a massage to age long stoics who have absolutely nothing left to lose!
Joking aside, (and I do believe you're joking about the nail in the coffin thing, it takes far more than a foreign war with pathetically low casualties to end any country, let alone powerful Western countries), I do believe that the West are there to fight the Taliban. The Afghan war is stupid, because Afghanistan is an ugly country with a poor army and a joke of a government and is therefore no true threat to the West whatsoever and has absoloutely no natural resources at all.

The only country that should have action taken upon is Israel.
Even though I don't agree with what Israel is doing, and its conduct is wrong, to suggest it's the only country that should have action taken against it is wrong. The Israelis aren't doing anything out of the ordinary; what is history, if not a series of invasions, occupations, persecutions and expulsions of peoples? I'm not saying what Israel is doing is right on any level, it isn't; Israel is no better and no worse than any other occupying state in history, and there have been many, and indeed are many in the world today aside from Israel. Singling Israel out whilst failing to acknowledge other bad or evil regimes in the world today and in the past is pure hypocrisy.
Long story short: Everyone should get the f**k out of Afghanistan and Iraq, They should stop paying Al Qaeda $ and then there would be no terrorism. Nobody needs 'help' from the West, they've done enough already. These vikings and sick and disgusting, they can go get massaged by their own women which they can bring from their own countries. Nobody owes them anything and nobody asked for their help in the first place.
I agree fully. Sweden's hardly at risk from terrorism anyway. It's time they stopped their obsession over foreign women and either grew a pair and started doing some actual fighting or left!

جوري
03-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Joking aside, (and I do believe you're joking about the nail in the coffin thing, it takes far more than a foreign war with pathetically low casualties to end any country, let alone powerful Western countries), I do believe that the West are there to fight the Taliban. The Afghan war is stupid, because Afghanistan is an ugly country with a poor army and a joke of a government and is therefore no true threat to the West whatsoever and has absoloutely no natural resources at all.
I have many Russian friends, some who are Muslim, some aren't and I can't tell you of their jubilation that your boys are there having their heads and their resources depleted... I appreciate how they boast your morale by ingraining in you the good of this.. but your economy and your spoiled hedonistic massage seeking losers can't and won't withstand.. btw afghanistan is absolutely beautiful

mountains of Afghanistan

were it not for the scum of the earth ruining it!

-Fallen Angel-
03-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Taliban funded by the west. Also Afghanistan is a much more beautiful place than the UK, stop trying to deny that the west doesn't want the resources.

Supreme
03-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I have many Russian friends, some who are Muslim, some aren't and I can't tell you of their jubilation that your boys are there having their heads and their resources depleted... I appreciate how they boast your morale by ingraining in you the good of this.. but your economy and your spoiled hedonistic massage seeking losers can't and won't withstand.. btw afghanistan is absolutely beautiful
Resources depleted? Heads depleted? Afghanistan is a minor war; heck, the Taliban haven't been able to inflict as many British casualties in nine years than the British sustained in one month in the Falklands. As a matter of fact, there's far moreo f an issue with not enough resources being bothered to be sent over there than there is those resources 'depleted'. Our economy is incredibly strong (and the downturn and Afghan war have as little correlation as race and intelligence), and the people you're mentioning are Swedish, not 'our boys' (reading the article generally helps). Just because the USSR flopped against the Mujahadeen and *ahem* overwhelming Western resources, the West hasn't sustained the amount of casualties in nine years as the Soviets sustained in a few weeks. Just a little indicator of how different the situations are...

جوري
03-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Resources depleted? Heads depleted? Afghanistan is a minor war; heck, the Taliban haven't been able to inflict as many British casualties in nine years than the British sustained in one month in the Falklands. As a matter of fact, there's far moreo f an issue with not enough resources being bothered to be sent over there than there is those resources 'depleted'. Our economy is incredibly strong (and the downturn and Afghan war have as little correlation as race and intelligence), and the people you're mentioning are Swedish, not 'our boys' (reading the article generally helps). Just because the USSR flopped against the Mujahadeen and *ahem* overwhelming Western resources, the West hasn't sustained the amount of casualties in nine years as the Soviets sustained in a few weeks. Just a little indicator of how different the situations are...
sources depleted and heads decapitated.. use your imagination I don't want to labor over obvious things
UK economy in a 'mess' - Cameron

http://tools.businessweek.com/britis...b56ca45f7f209/

britons aren't too bright, they are always the last to know.. be that as it may, if any riches you have, it is from centuries of invasion and pillaging .. Russia was always a force to be reckoned with, as they have flopped so shall you.. I'd give it some time..

all the best

-Fallen Angel-
03-05-2010, 07:29 PM
sources depleted and heads decapitated.. use your imagination I don't want to labor over obvious things

britons aren't too bright, they are always the last to know.. be that as it may, if any riches you have, it is from centuries of invasion and pillaging .. Russia was always a source to be reckoned with, as they have flopped so shall you.. I'd give it some time..

all the best
I agree with you.
The only reason the British are where they are now (in terms of status, power etc) is because of the empire and colonies. If there never was a British empire, then you would have nothing. Britain is nothing but a small little island with hardly any recources compared to countries such as Iraq which have the precious Oil everybody wants, and of course that's what makes the world go around, right?

Stop believing that the GB is all-mighty and such and stop trying to tell us that. Wake up, and don't believe what the media feeds you.

MMohammed
03-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Doesn't west wants asia to fight against each other and then they steal all their resources.
Infact they have eyes on many things which are uncountable.Indeed Allah
has given many many resources to Asia

جوري
03-05-2010, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UnhappyD:
I agree with you.
The only reason the British are where they are now (in terms of status, power etc) is because of the empire and colonies. If there never was a British empire, then you would have nothing. Britain is nothing but a small little island with hardly any recources compared to countries such as Iraq which have the precious Oil everybody wants, and of course that's what makes the world go around, right?

Stop believing that the GB is all-mighty and such and stop trying to tell us that. Wake up, and don't believe what the media feeds you.
Even their crown Jewels are stolen from india

http://www.nowpublic.com/indian_jewels_in_british_crown

England is pretty much like Israel a colonial cockroach settler state that has subjugated millions, and then decided later to write the credo on civility.
People have empires and live peacefully for thousands of years, until these little turds came to steal and pillage .. honestly wouldn't you be shocked? and then they are upset that folks wage 'jihad' against them.. oh those awful jihadis, so they institute a new religion 'ahmadis' to further their agenda, thank God everyone is on to them..

:w:

-Fallen Angel-
03-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Even their crown Jewels are stolen from india

http://www.nowpublic.com/indian_jewels_in_british_crown

England is pretty much like Israel a colonial cockroach settler state that has subjugated millions, and then decided later to write the credo on civility.
People have empires and live peacefully for thousands of years, until these little turds came to steal and pillage .. honestly wouldn't you be shocked? and then they are upset that folks wage 'jihad' against them.. oh those awful jihadis, so they institute a new religion 'ahmadis' to further their agenda, thank God everyone is on to them..

:w:
British are the worst in the world. Killed off Indians, Aborigines and such and stole their land and what was on it. They have nothing of their own, like i said, an isolated little island with nothing. They can (try to) control everything they want, come judgement day they will all be in the hellfire with nothing but Satan for company for eternity. Funny.

Karina
03-05-2010, 08:56 PM
imsad

I hope you don't tar us all with the same brush

:cry: :cry: :cry:

جوري
03-05-2010, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
imsad

I hope you don't tar us all with the same brush

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I don't..
I feel sorry that people have to pay for the sins of their leaders or even be made to suffer their stupidities..

Most people want to live in peace, raise families and be industrious.. it is a shame how many lives are destroyed for the evil ambitions of others!

Karina
03-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I don't..
I feel sorry that people have to pay for the sins of their leaders or even be made to suffer their stupidities..

Most people want to live in peace, raise families and be industrious.. it is a shame how many lives are destroyed for the evil ambitions of others!
Agree. Thanks Skye. :-[

Supreme
03-05-2010, 09:53 PM

britons aren't too bright, they are always the last to know.. be that as it may, if any riches you have, it is from centuries of invasion and pillaging .. Russia was always a force to be reckoned with, as they have flopped so shall you.. I'd give it some time..

all the best
The UK economy is in a mess, and yet it's still the fifth strongest on the planet. By in a mess, what Cameron means is that a few shops on the high street are having to shut down. It's hardly anything comparable to other, poorer countries economies. Our economy is in a mess, but we're still far better off than most people on the planet.

Britons aren't too bright? Oh yes, we only have three of the twenty best universities within our borders (Oxford, Cambridge and King's College). Our riches do come from our colonial past, I'm not denying that. Also, give it time? How much time? Darn it Gossamer, you've had nine years of time and all we've seen is a British death every couple of weeks. As I say, you can't compare the USSR (NOT Russia) and Britain. They had internal problems, a collapsing economy, civil unrest, a laughable communist dictatorship, thousands of casualties and 30 million Muslims within their borders ready to break off and support the Mujahadeen. If Russia provided the military support to the Taliban as we did the Mujadeen, they might stand a chance. As it is, it seems that Russia and NATO have a common interest and a common enemy in this war.

British are the worst in the world. Killed off Indians, Aborigines and such and stole their land and what was on it. They have nothing of their own, like i said, an isolated little island with nothing. They can (try to) control everything they want, come judgement day they will all be in the hellfire with nothing but Satan for company for eternity. Funny.
An isolated island? We're part of the EU, NATO, UN, G8 etc. Hardly isolated. And we don't exactly have nothing either. The fifth economy in the world, one of the best trained and equipped militaries, the world's largest financial center (London), a history full of victories, nuclear weapons.

But this is turning a little nationalistic. I digress. Let's stay on topic, shall we?

-Fallen Angel-
03-05-2010, 09:57 PM
An isolated island? We're part of the EU, NATO, UN, G8 etc. Hardly isolated. And we don't exactly have nothing either. The fifth economy in the world, one of the best trained and equipped militaries, the world's largest financial center (London), a history full of victories, nuclear weapons.

But this is turning a little nationalistic. I digress. Let's stay on topic, shall we?
Yes, isolated. I didn't mean how many overseas buddies you had, i was talking about the actual land. Again, not talking about equipment and such, i meant more in terms of natural resources.

Lastly, without the empire and colonies, GB wouldn't be what it is today. Can you not come into terms with that?
No point arguing with you i guess. You are like those people who believe GB is best and the rest of the world should bow down to them.

Back to topic... What the hell is Sweden doing in Afghanistan anyway? They need to go home and don't stick their noses in other peoples business.

Supreme
03-05-2010, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UnhappyD:
Yes, isolated. I didn't mean how many overseas buddies you had, i was talking about the actual land. Again, not talking about equipment and such, i meant more in terms of natural resources.

Lastly, without the empire and colonies, GB wouldn't be what it is today. Can you not come into terms with that?
No point arguing with you i guess. You are like those people who believe GB is best and the rest of the world should bow down to them.

Back to topic... What the hell is Sweden doing in Afghanistan anyway? They need to go home and don't stick their noses in other peoples business.

Of course I acknowledge that Britain's status is because of its colonial history: name me a country in the world today that isn't the way it is today because of its history? I hardly think the UK is the greatest country on the planet but when someone besmirches Britain, I have a right to defend it.

جوري
03-05-2010, 10:54 PM
The UK economy is in a mess, and yet it's still the fifth strongest on the planet. By in a mess, what Cameron means is that a few shops on the high street are having to shut down. It's hardly anything comparable to other, poorer countries economies. Our economy is in a mess, but we're still far better off than most people on the planet.
Let me know how you fare when things look up then..

Britons aren't too bright? Oh yes, we only have three of the twenty best universities within our borders (Oxford, Cambridge and King's College). Our riches do come from our colonial past, I'm not denying that. Also, give it time? How much time? Darn it Gossamer, you've had nine years of time and all we've seen is a British death every couple of weeks. As I say, you can't compare the USSR (NOT Russia) and Britain. They had internal problems, a collapsing economy, civil unrest, a laughable communist dictatorship, thousands of casualties and 30 million Muslims within their borders ready to break off and support the Mujahadeen. If Russia provided the military support to the Taliban as we did the Mujadeen, they might stand a chance. As it is, it seems that Russia and NATO have a common interest and a common enemy in this war.
Having the best unis doesn't mean anything for Britons, anymore than Duke has anything to do with the folks in North Carolina.. by the way I attended king's college as a part of an exchange program for three months, many of the folks there weren't your 'typical' Brit that I'd met otherwise on the streets ..
we'll wait and see the results of all this, we all know from history alone that the Brits do nothing out of the goodness of their hearts as we already see the countries occupied are the richest in the regions..
Just like the diamond mines of south Africa from which the racists have been living quite comfortably for well over a century.

what gets to me of all of this is when these pillagers and looters speak of civility!

KittenLover
03-05-2010, 11:05 PM
LOL if only we could send all the chavs to the best universities and teach them some class, and show them there is more to life than getting "pissed up" every friday/saturday night. :raging: excuse the language :embarrass

Ummu Sufyaan
03-06-2010, 12:44 AM
WHAT!!! :eek: how can these women be made to be men's masseuses i mean i only thought the reason why these soldiers were in Afghanistan was to to save these oppressed women from those vile taliban because :eek: wearing a hijab and burka is so wrong and an enfringe against the rights of women :phew :skeleton: i mean god forbid the taliban have gheerah over their women folk and all...

dang! lets rally at the women's movement head quarters and have something done about these chauvinists. tsk tsk tsk making women submit and be slaves to men with this masseussing, i expect this to make headlines on the next "feminists weekly" newsletter and be the next hot topic at the all-men hating conference! :exhausted

Pygoscelis
03-06-2010, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Allow Afghan women to give massages: army adviser

14 Dec 09

In a written internal document submitted from Swedish headquarters at Camp Northern Lights, Gender Field Adviser Captain Krister Fahlstedt of Afghanistan force FS17 took exception to an army contract specifying that on-base massage services should be provided exclusively by men.

"The agreement specifies, with no further explanation, that the physiotherapists (masseurs/masseuses) should be men," wrote Fahlstedt in his November submission.

The captain's investigations showed that the recommendation was followed to the letter, as two men were brought in to perform massages.

"It is the opinion of FS17 that there are no reasonable grounds for gender to be one of the profile requirements," he wrote.

Fahlstedt further stressed that his force was committed to strengthening the position of women in society by helping create the conditions in which they could become self-sufficient.

"It's not important as such whether women eventually get the job, what's important is that there's equality of opportunity and they are treated on the same terms as men," Fahlstedt told The Local.

"Contracts of this kind must always be gender neutral, and this is actually the only time I've seen an army contract worded in this way," he added.

Fahlstedt, active in both the Centre Party and the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Rights (RFSL), returned earlier this month to Sweden from service with the FS17 force. He remains hopeful that the army will rectify the situation and begin considering the possibility of employing Afghan masseuses.

"I haven't received a formal response yet but I have been led to believe that the necessary changes will be made to the contract," he told The Local.

comments:

This is the liberation they wanted to bring to the country! where the Muslim women have to massage these foreign invading men. The pervert's idea of "strengthening the position of women" is to have them oil and massage naked foreign invaders.

Not to mention as to how it will go from there... masseus - harass - rape...
Did you actually read what you posted and are responding to? Nobody appears to be forcing anybody to be a masseuse from that story. They are simply allowing women to be masseuses. Nor is anybody expressing a want for Afghan women to be the masseuses. In fact what you posted above explicitly notes that no women may take the job.

جوري
03-06-2010, 04:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Did you actually read what you posted and are responding to? Nobody appears to be forcing anybody to be a masseuse from that story. They are simply allowing women to be masseuses. Nor is anybody expressing a want for Afghan women to be the masseuses. In fact what you posted above explicitly notes that no women may take the job.

where does it 'explicitly' state that no women may take the job?
the description is of equal opportunity abuse, firstly as these turds have no business being in Afghanistan to begin with and if they are there, they'd better be on the receiving end of a rigid proctoscope than a massage..

more funny stuff

Pygoscelis
03-06-2010, 04:59 PM
where does it 'explicitly' state that no women may take the job?
Since you asked a straight question instead of your usual mud slinging (which I prefer to go ignored), I'll answer.

He's explicitly aknowledging that no women may take the job and finds this unimportant. Kind of clashes with the thread titles' spin.

the description is of equal opportunity abuse
How is allowing women to apply for jobs as masseuses abuse? Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything. People can simply say no and go on with their lives.

firstly as these turds have no business being in Afghanistan to begin with
True

and if they are there, they'd better be on the receiving end of a rigid proctoscope than a massage..
You are emoting again.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Afghanistan is "ugly" because it's always getting bombed. Get out and the place will have a chance to grow! DUH!
No place is ugly. It's only ugly because we abuse the crap out of the place.

جوري
03-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Since you asked a straight question instead of your usual mud slinging (which I prefer to go ignored), I'll answer.
I always ask a straight question which you divert to your fairies and for that indeed you should be ignored as a troll and instigator-- or aren't you instigating now?

He's explicitly aknowledging that no women may take the job and finds this unimportant. Kind of clashes with the thread titles' spin

'not important' whether or not they get the job doesn't equate to explicit that no woman will take the job, there is always 'equal opportunity' prostitution as we have seen in abu gharib indeed, westerners like a voyeuristic sado-masochistic type of equal opportunity that displays their perversity and derangement of their psyche!

How is allowing women to apply for jobs as masseuses abuse? Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything. People can simply say no and go on with their lives.

True
are they at war or a resort should be the more pressing question!

You are emoting again.
and you are driveling again!

all the best

islamirama
03-06-2010, 05:10 PM
The title of the thread is right on target, try reading the whole article again.

He remains hopeful that the army will rectify the situation and begin considering the possibility of employing Afghan masseuses.
Talk about complete disregard of the values, norms, culture, religion and customs of the poor people these crusaders are occupying....

Pygoscelis
03-07-2010, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Talk about complete disregard of the values, norms, culture, religion and customs of the poor people these crusaders are occupying....
So they shouldn't let them take the jobs, and discriminate against them?

islamirama
03-07-2010, 05:42 AM
Right...let's disregard all they stand for and dishonor them by giving them jobs to oil and rub their invader's naked bodies. very good logic you got there, almost as good as rapist saying to its victim it's not my fault your so good looking...

Chuck
03-07-2010, 05:59 AM
Majority of Afghan women will see as an insult rather than anti-discrimination. They didn't ask for equality in this job, there are other jobs which are respectable in their culture. If it was equality in those jobs (doctor, teacher, executive, etc...), which they have at the moment, than it would not have been an issue.

I asked an Afghan woman here I know, she was furious when she heard this news, and she is not even a conservative type Afghan women. Her literal words, "Whats next? They gonna ask equality in prostitution."

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-07-2010, 06:37 AM
How repugnant...they don't respect arabs, afghans, red indians, aborigines, chinese...in general the dont respect 'non-caucasians'...

Supreme
03-07-2010, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmajid
How repugnant...they don't respect arabs, afghans, red indians, aborigines, chinese...in general the dont respect 'non-caucasians'...
What? This has nothing to do with race.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-07-2010, 01:54 PM
What? This has nothing to do with race.
OK, you may be right. But everyone knows giving massage to a man by a woman is forbidden in Islaam (assuming the man is naa mahram) inspite how can they ask this...:raging: Correct me if I'm wrong. Lemme ask one question are they on holiday or so...wanting massages...sleep with your weapons, soldiers!!!!:raging::raging::raging:

Supreme
03-07-2010, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmajid
OK, you may be right. But everyone knows giving massage to a man by a woman is forbidden in Islaam (assuming the man is naa mahram) inspite how can they ask this...:raging: Correct me if I'm wrong. Lemme ask one question are they on holiday or so...wanting massages...sleep with your weapons, soldiers!!!!:raging::raging::raging:
I agree that this is in direct contradiction to Islamic culture and is offensive to Muslims. It is ignorant and inflammatory.

Pygoscelis
03-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Again, nobody is being forced to do anything. It is merely a reversal of a discriminatory practice. If there was a recruiting campaign targetting Afghan women going along with this then maybe you'd have a point. But if you are offended merely by not being discriminated against... I really don't know what to say.

جوري
03-07-2010, 05:45 PM
It is not a reversal of a 'discriminatory' practice, it is an induction of a lewd one .

Muezzin
03-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Again, nobody is being forced to do anything. It is merely a reversal of a discriminatory practice. If there was a recruiting campaign targetting Afghan women going along with this then maybe you'd have a point. But if you are offended merely by not being discriminated against... I really don't know what to say.
The Swedish army* can't afford to, I don't know, import masseuses of their preference? Train existing staff? Google it?

*Edit: Gender Field Adviser Captain Krister Fahlstedt

KAding
03-07-2010, 09:01 PM
"Gender Field Adviser Captain Krister Fahlstedt" wants this, not the "Swedish army". In fact, the Swedish army apparently has rules against this! They might will happily ignore his suggestion. Even if they don't, no Afghan woman will be forced to become a masseuse.

جوري
02-20-2012, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
no Afghan woman will be forced to become a masseuse.
''We have a large menu-- pigs in a blanket, pig tongue and pickled pork feet, ham wrapped in bacon fried in lard and for appetizer pear slices with baked pancetta .'' A large diverse menu..
But we are Muslims we can't eat pigs!
honestly with all these choices? well you don't have to eat pigs, you always have the choice to go hungry!

Thanks for your two P always appreciated :hmm:

best,

Who Am I?
02-21-2012, 06:11 PM
:sl:

Bacon??? *drool*

Quit talking about bacon, man... :hmm:

Muezzin
02-21-2012, 06:19 PM
This thread is two years old at the time of writing and all meaningful discussion seems to have broken down.

Guys, please resist the urge to resurrect dead threads in World Affairs. Let sleeping dogs lie and all that.

Thread locked.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!