/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Depression

Lonely Gal
03-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Is it wrong in Islam to be clinically depressed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
03-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Isn't depression an illness? How can that be wrong :(

Lonely Gal
03-05-2010, 09:58 AM
in the sense that we muslims should know Allah swt is lookin after us at all times and shouldnt feel depressed etc

Ummu Sufyaan
03-05-2010, 10:48 AM
:sl:
^couldnt that just apply to every other pain we feel when we go through sicknesses and hardships?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zana
03-05-2010, 11:29 AM
depression comes naturally and yeh it is a illness sometimes its containable.

most vulnerable people are easily depressed, keep allah in your heart and pray for better life and im sure all illnesses are swept away.

Its about keeping focussed and the more positive things

Mysterious Uk
03-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Depression isn't something as simple as feeling sad, it is an illness which can be debilitating so it can't really be seen as being wrong. Having depression does not mean a person does not have belief/faith in Allah, since some people might think 'if i had more faith in Allah then i wouldn't be feeling like this'.. It depends on the type of depression and type of person e.g. it could be a biological thing where a person always sees the bad in things and it can't be helped. I think the key is to keep on having faith in Allah and pray that Allah helps to overcome the hardship being faced.

Supreme
03-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Depression isn't a choice: it won't just go away by simply thinking 'Oh, Allah's looking after me so I should be happy!' It's a mental condition that can be as fatal as cancer and as painful as cancer.

zana
03-05-2010, 04:30 PM
like i said keep focuss

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!