/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I cover?

Xcoolamandax
03-05-2010, 10:47 PM
My aunt has a boyfriend who is blind. He's not my uncle but should I still wear hijab infront of him?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
03-05-2010, 11:05 PM
:salamext:

Of course you are because she isn't meant to have a boy friend to begin with.

Alpha Dude
03-05-2010, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

Of course you are because she isn't meant to have a boy friend to begin with.
:sl:

I believe the issue is whether she can take off her hijab in the presence of a blind non-mahram.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/92753/blind

The above fatwa actually seems to suggest she can. Allahu Alam.

I think the OP is a revert, therefore most likely her aunt isn't muslim either.

Xcoolamandax
03-06-2010, 02:17 PM
I consulted my imam about it and he said it was best that I did still cover.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
03-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I guess it's always better to take the stricter option. :)

**noora**
03-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Hadhrat Umme Salama narrates: Once Hadhrat Maimoona and I were sitting in the blessed company of Rasullullah صلى الله عليه و سلم, when we saw that Hadhrat Abdullah ibne Maktoom R.A. was approaching, he was a high ranking and blind Sahabi, so great in rank that Allah سبحانه و تعالى has revealed Ayah's on him upon Rasullullah صلى الله عليه و سلم. On seeing him approach, Rasullullah صلى الله عليه و سلم stated to them:

Observe Purdah and conceal yourselves, Hadhrat Maimoona R.A. asked, O' Rasullullah صلى الله عليه و سلم is Hadhrat Abdullah ibne Maktoom R.A. not blind? He does not have the ability to see us. Rasullullah صلى الله عليه و سلم replied, are you both also blind, do you also not have the ability to see
Abu Dawood Book 32, hadith # 4100

'Abd-al Latif
03-06-2010, 09:25 PM
All of you guys are missing the point, having a boyfriend or girlfriend is haram, and any relations like these are strictly prohibited. The question shouldn't be 'should I wear hijaab in front of my aunty's boyfriend' because the obvious answer is yes. The question should instead be 'should my aunty have a boyfriend' or more like 'How should I convince my aunty to give up this prohibited relationship'.

All of you are missing the bigger picture. If someone is drowning in the water you won't be worried about the fact that he is wearing shorts and thus his nakedness is uncovered, you'll do the obvious thing by diving in and saving him from drowning. So firstly, a boyfriend isn't a guardian in any way or form because the guardian has to be from the fathers side with whom one has blood relations with so it goes without saying that she must cover up in front of him because her aunty's boyfriend is neither family related nor is she even meant to have this boyfriend to begin with. I don't get why some of you are debating this issue when the root of the problem is prohibited to begin with!

I hope I am clear enough.

cat eyes
03-06-2010, 09:27 PM
All of you guys are missing the point, having a boyfriend or girlfriend is haram, and any relations like these are strictly prohibited. The question shouldn't be 'should I wear hijaab in front of my aunty's boyfriend' because the obvious answer is yes. The question should instead be 'should my aunty have a boyfriend' or more like 'How should I convince my aunty to give up this prohibited relationship'.

All of you are missing the bigger picture. If someone is drowning in the water you won't be worried about the fact that he is wearing shorts and thus his nakedness is uncovered, you'll dive in and save him. So firstly, a boyfriend isn't her guardian because the guardian has to be from the fathers side with whom she has blood relations with so it goes without saying that she must cover up in front of him because she isn't meant to have this boyfriend to begin with.

I hope I am clear enough.
bro your right but i think her aunty is non muslim because by the sounds of her name the op is a revert

Xcoolamandax
03-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Yes, I'm a revert. :) My aunt is non-Muslim and over fifty years old.

'Abd-al Latif
03-06-2010, 09:52 PM
How in the world were you able to figure out that she's a revert just by her name?

Alpha Dude
03-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Xcoolamandax.

cat eyes
03-06-2010, 10:10 PM
How in the world were you able to figure out that she's a revert just by her name?
dont know i must have mind reading magical powers ;D

well i knew she was a revert because amanda is not a muslim name bro

that name is common amongest non muslims

★ηαѕιнα★
03-06-2010, 10:28 PM
^^ Thats too funny! ;D

noorseeker
03-07-2010, 01:16 AM
that was too obvious, aunt and boyfriend,

Nice reminder though brother

sister herb
03-11-2010, 11:22 PM
:sl:

This question reminds me about job I had some years ago; I was working in day-center for blind people - so clients there couldn´t see me at all. Despite that I didn´t even think should I still use hijab in there or not. Of course I used it.

Muslim Woman
03-12-2010, 08:40 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Xcoolamandax
My aunt has a boyfriend who is blind. He's not my uncle but should I still wear hijab infront of him?

I read a story like this . A blind man came to the Prophet pbuh and he told his wives to cover. They said ' but he can't see . ' Prophet pbuh answered but u can see .

So , it's clear that even in front of a blind man , u must maintain ur hijab . Also tell ur aunt either to marry him or stay away from him as she is not allowed to have a boy friend .

sister herb
03-12-2010, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Also tell ur aunt either to marry him or stay away from him as she is not allowed to have a boy friend .
I think she told hers aunt is christian. Have christians allowed to have boy/girlfriends?

^o)

Somaiyah
03-13-2010, 12:24 AM
Assalamo alaykom,

Let's just give a very easy example. Two in fact.

Yes, you should cover because:

1) What if his sight suddenly came back which has happened for many blind people, then he will directly see you uncovered.
2) In his imagination he will not see you covered, and if he by mistake walks into you he might feel your hair or body if you haven't covered which makes him still be able to "see" you.

So I believe to be on the sure side you should cover even in front of him. It's not only about the seeing thing, it's about the modesty and shyness from you too.

Muslim Woman
03-13-2010, 01:11 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I think she told hers aunt is christian. Have christians allowed to have boy/girlfriends?

^o)
oopss did not notice that post :embarrass

I guess , Christians are not allowed to have boy/ girl friends . Jesus pbuh warned them look at the women is a sin ...something like that. Don't know about blind people . We may ask in the Christianity thread :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!