/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jummah Salat Inquries

limitless
03-05-2010, 11:42 PM
:sl:

I need help. Today at university I was in a sort of argument regarding the jummah prayer. I understand - to certain extent - that it is very important and mandatory to pray for MEN.

Jummah prayer where I live commences at 1:30pm. At that time, I have biology lecture. Now this biology lecture also happens on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at that very time. My friend whose in biology course but different section suggested to skip and attend jummah. I was introduced to other brothers, and they too are skipping lecture for jummah. They all urged me to do the same. Kept nagging and etc. I refuted that yes it is mandatory ,but I have a lecture to which I paid, im not doing anything bad, its academic and stuff. They said, its only jummah only one lecture that you will miss of every week. You can get your notes and other stuff off people.

There are clicker questions that are marked. They suggested that someone else can click for you. I was like okay. They said you will do good, and stuff, if u do it for Allah swt's sake. But I kept on my defense that no. But it has been bothering me and I tried to find an answer to this, but couldn't really.

Please shed light on this matter. I asked muslimah since she attends the islamic skills and thought would get some answer. SHe too, told me, as a friend and muslimah that I should go to jummah and skip bio lecture. I told her what I know from the knowledge that i have. She said, no, you shouldn't. The world wouldn't end and that you should be preparing for hereafter. I argued yes, we should be, but living in a non-muslim country is sort of a sin where your religious duty is conflicted. I mean its my bio lecture, something I paid for, yes Allah swt made it possible. But, I am NOT doing anything bad, or am i?

I don't know what to do. imsad .

Should I skip bio lecture on friday for jummah salat? please help!

Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
03-06-2010, 04:00 AM
:sl:

If I am in your situation I should skip my bio lecture every Friday (not in other days) and go to masjid for salah juma'ah. In the afternoon I will visit my classmate, ask him what is the today lecture and learn it at my home.

Of course I must tell my bio lecturer I cannot follow his/her lecture in every Friday. If the lecturer is a believer of a faith, he/she must be understand.

:)

Dagless
03-06-2010, 04:11 AM
The choice is yours, but I disagree with any form of deceit. If you will miss every Friday then tell your lecturer; don't get others to click your questions for you.

aadil77
03-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Anything you do for the sake of Allah will be recompensed for, so don't think that carrying out a command of Allah can be a burden in anyway.

Get your priorities right, jumah salaah is much much more important, go to the lecture late or miss it completely but don't miss jumuah. You're friends are paying for lectures as well, from that you can tell that they value their salaah more than the price of a lecture.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
03-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Wa alaykum salam,
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless
:sl: But, I am NOT doing anything bad, or am i?
Bro, the very act of not going to jummah is bad. Regardless of anything else. You could be out saving the world, but you would still be doing a sin if you missed it.

I agree with dagless. Don't get other people to click for you, be upfront to the lecturer, if you do decide to go.

islamirama
03-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Praise be to Allaah.

If a person for whom Jumu’ah is obligatory does not attend and does not have a valid excuse, this is a major sin. Whoever does not attend three Jumu’ahs (in a row) out of negligence has a seal placed over his heart and is regarded as one of the ghaafileen (negligent, heedless). Muslim narrated in his Saheeh from Abu Hurayrah and Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both), that they heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them) say from his minbar: “People should definitely stop neglecting Jumu’ah, or else Allaah will most certainly seal their hearts and they will most certainly be among the ghaafileen.”

According to another hadeeth: “Whoever neglects three jumu’ahs (in a row) out of negligence will have a seal placed upon his heart.” This is a spiritual punishment, which is more severe that a physical punishment such as imprisonment or flogging. The Muslim ruler should punish those who fail to attend Jumu’ah prayers with no excuse, as a deterrent. Let each Muslim fear Allaah and not miss performing one of the obligatory duties enjoined by Him, lest he expose himself to the punishment of Allaah; let him adhere to that which Allaah has made obligatory so that he may earn the reward of Allaah. And Allaah bestows His Bounty upon whomsoever He wills.

Written by Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/7699
With that said, you will have decide if your missing the lecture is valid excuse or not and also see how much it will affect your studies. I would also check with imam than ask other people that you have been asking.

sabr*
03-07-2010, 03:29 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Just so amazed how Muslims have all the technology at their disposal and only use it for worldly concerns.

What happened to recording the lecture? Recorders and video recorders have been invented. How about applying a little effort in figuring out a simple solution. There are countless Muslims who have encountered this concern before at Universities and make the decision that altering or rescheduling one class is done to secure a religious obligation.

The question may not even be the class being scheduled during Jummah. What will be the excuse when you gain employment? The employer refuses to allow you to leave for one hour? Oh forgot about the lunch break.

We can make excuses for everything. A Muslims faith dictates their actions.

You made a good point that you are paying for these classes. Reschedule the class. You are paying the school, the school isn't paying you. Allah has full control. Don't give control to a professor.

I am confidant you will make the correct decision. Insha Allah

The University education is limited to the years you study but your faith lasts a lifetime or doesn't.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!