/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hajj 2009 Pics

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 03:37 AM
My parents performed the Hajj pilgrimage last year (2009) and my father managed to take some pics there. Hoping that you will enjoy looking at these pics and will motivate you to go there one day.. Insha Allah!!

The Kaabah, Masjidil Haram, Makkah

Masjidil Haram, Makkah

Masjidil Haram, Makkah

Masjidil Haram, Makkah

Masjidil Haram, Makkah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 03:38 AM
more pics coming

جوري
03-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Jazaka Allah khyran akhi for sharing.. May Allah swt grant me hajj soon from his generosity and mercy..

ameen

:w:

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Jazaka Allah khyran akhi for sharing.. May Allah swt grant me hajj soon from his generosity and mercy..

ameen

:w:
Amin!!

We're planning that the whole family going to Mecca for Umra this June .. Inshallah... our neighbour are going too ... and also like dozens of our relatives... so dont be surprised if Mecca will be swarmed by Malaysian pilgrims this coming June (it's school holiday here that time)...;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dagless
03-06-2010, 03:56 AM
Nice pics, thanks.
Are there any places where camera's are not allowed?

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Nice pics, thanks.
It's not permissable by the Saudi authority.. to bring the camera and taking picture in the Masjidil Haram and Masjidil Nabawi. My father took the risk of bringing the camera and taking pics in both areas ...

ardianto
03-06-2010, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
My father took the risk of bringing the camera and taking pics in both areas ...
Wow, like a spy in action. :D

Thanks for the nice pictures. Jazak Allahu Khair.

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 04:05 AM

Masjidil Haram, Makkah at night

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Wow, like a spy in action. :D

Thanks for the nice pictures. Jazak Allahu Khair.
I asked him after seeing the pics ... "Are you a spy or something?" ;D

Danah
03-06-2010, 04:09 AM
Nice pictures, JazakAllah khair for sharing, it reminded me of my last visit to Macca to do Umrah at August here

InshaAllah I will go for Hajj so soon.

Amin!!

We're planning that the whole family going to Mecca for Umra this June .. Inshallah... our neighbour are going too ... and also like dozens of our relatives... so dont be surprised if Mecca will be swarmed by Malaysian pilgrims this coming June (it's school holiday here that time)...;D
Now you mentioned it!
I noticed that Asian (Malaysian, Indonisian...etc) always like to go there in groups. I always see lots of them as groups when I go there.

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 04:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah

Now you mentioned it!
I noticed that Asian (Malaysian, Indonisian...etc) always like to go there in groups. I always see lots of them as groups when I go there.
yeah... I dont know about the Indonesians... but Malaysian pilgrims always go for Umra by travel agencies

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 04:20 AM

Tha Kaabah, Masjidil Haram, Makkah at night

Danah
03-06-2010, 04:24 AM

I wonder which day of Hajj that pic was taken in.....mashaAllah it looks overloaded with people, and that pictures seems to be taken from the third floor which means that all floors were fulled already.

Isn't it amazing to see all those people united to worship one God? :)

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 04:33 AM
I wonder which day of Hajj that pic was taken in.....mashaAllah it looks overloaded with people, and that pictures seems to be taken from the third floor which means that all floors were fulled already.
it was on the 14th of November 2009.. like 12 days before gathering at Plain of Arafat... yeah.. those pics taken from the top floor, my parents did the tawwaf there...

Isn't it amazing to see all those people united to worship one God? :)
Yes... Insha Allah more amazing pics coming up.. :D

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 04:36 AM

Religious lecture at Masjidil Haram, Makkah

Religious lecture at Masjidil Haram, Makkah

Hijr Ismail, Masjidil Haram, Makkah
(p/s: Muslims dont worship the Kaabah as the Jews dont worship the Western Wall)

Rafeeq
03-06-2010, 05:03 AM
May Allah accept your parents pilgrims and may Allah (SWT) grant all of us to visit the holy place.

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 05:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
May Allah accept your parents pilgrims and may Allah (SWT) grant all of us to visit the holy place.
Amin Ya Rabb!! Inshallah!! Thanks for the dua..:D

ardianto
03-06-2010, 07:19 AM
yeah... I dont know about the Indonesians... but Malaysian pilgrims always go for Umra by travel agencies
Indonesian pilgrims go for Umra by travel agencies that special for Umra, or Umra and Hajj, or regular travel agencies that have license for arrange Umra journey.

Need a special license from Ministry of Religion if someone in Indonesia want to establish a travel agency for Umra and Hajj.

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Indonesian pilgrims go for Umra by travel agencies that special for Umra, or Umra and Hajj, or regular travel agencies that have license for arrange Umra journey.

Need a special license from Ministry of Religion if someone in Indonesia want to establish a travel agency for Umra and Hajj.
so both countries have the same system then... :D

my father said that Indonesian pilgrims were very friendly... they love talking with Malaysian pilgrims... when they met Malaysian pilgrims they always saying "Kita serumpun Pak!" (We are from the same root, sir!):statisfie

S_87
03-06-2010, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Nice pics, thanks.
they arent really allowed, but arent so strict in regulating it.
in masjid an nabawi womens section they are strict though and pat you down, any person with a camera on the phone isnt allowed in either.

beautiful pics n_m jazakAllah khair for sharing..malaysian pilgrims defo stand out, in the same uniform and they all stick together in tawaf too and poor anyone who gets caught in the middle :hiding:

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
they arent really allowed, but arent so strict in regulating it.
My mum said that the religious policewomen checked her bags before entering Al Haram... but my father had no problem...

in masjid an nabawi womens section they are strict though and pat you down, any person with a camera on the phone isnt allowed in either.
yeah, my mum managed to be in the Rawdah area twice.. the religious policewomen were stricter there...

beautiful pics n_m jazakAllah khair for sharing..
Shokran... I hope these pics will motivate all forummers here to go there ... more pics to come Inshallah

malaysian pilgrims defo stand out, in the same uniform and they all stick together in tawaf too and poor anyone who gets caught in the middle :hiding:
yeah... they all had the same orange bag hanging on their necks last year... most of Malaysian pilgrims are old people (65 above) who could only understand Malaysian language... so they need to stick together so they cant get lost... i heard that about 36,000 pilgrims from Malaysia went there (the quota is 26,000 but in the last minute our government managed to get another 10,000 pilgrims)...

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 11:30 AM

Pilgrims looking at the Kaabah, Masjidil Haram, Makkah

Pilgrims looking at the Kaabah, Masjidil Haram, Makkah

Supreme
03-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Thank you ever so much for the pictures! The Hajj is my favourite pillar of Islam. Any pictures of Medina and the Prophets mosque? I only ask because that mosque is architectural genius in my opinion. The epitome of Arab, Muslim and sacred architecture.

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Thank you ever so much for the pictures! The Hajj is my favourite pillar of Islam. Any pictures of Medina and the Prophets mosque? I only ask because that mosque is architectural genius in my opinion. The epitome of Arab, Muslim and sacred architecture.
there are pics of Prophet's Mosque, mostly outside the mosque... as it's hard to take pics inside as there were too many people and lots of CCTVs

Supreme
03-06-2010, 03:00 PM
there are pics of Prophet's Mosque, mostly outside the mosque... as it's hard to take pics inside as there were too many people and lots of CCTVs
Could you post pics please?

Al-Indunisiy
03-06-2010, 03:21 PM
:sl:

Originally Posted by north_malaysian
My father took the risk of bringing the camera and taking pics in both areas ...
My aunt did the same thing.

:wa:

islamirama
03-06-2010, 06:16 PM
I was able to take pics of inside and outside of both mosques without an issue.

Misz_Muslimah
03-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Mashallah..nice pics
Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing..

Esther462
03-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Beautiful pictures. Wish to go on Hajj soon, insh allah.

Misz_Muslimah
03-06-2010, 09:09 PM
^ Inshallah you will :)

S<Chowdhury
03-06-2010, 09:34 PM
My father also went Umrah during Ramadan 2009, and he was able to take a couple of shots of inside and outside of Medina and mount Arafat ..............

Supreme
03-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Thank you so much S Chowdury. It looks fantastic. I think the Masjid al Nabawi looks more beautiful than the Masjid al Haram, despite the superior size and reverence of the latter.

S<Chowdhury
03-06-2010, 09:56 PM

S<Chowdhury
03-06-2010, 09:59 PM

Misz_Muslimah
03-06-2010, 10:34 PM
^ Mashallah nice pics..
Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing..

Supreme
03-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Fantastic! Amatuer photos are always better than professional photos, and those pictures above just go to prove it.

Now, this may seem like a typical British question, but what is the weather like in Mecca and Medina? What's the Summer temperature like and how much sunshine do they get, that sort of thing.

Banu_Hashim
03-06-2010, 10:55 PM
JazaakAllah khayr for sharing! SubhaanAllah. The most holy place on this earth.

Life_Is_Short
03-06-2010, 10:58 PM
I went hajj in 2009. :D

My first time. Hope to go again, Insh'Allah.

Banu_Hashim
03-06-2010, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
I went hajj in 2009. :D

My first time. Hope to go again, Insh'Allah.
You're very lucky MashaAllah! What did you feel when you saw the Ka'ba ?

SubhaanAllah, I don't know what I would do..

Life_Is_Short
03-06-2010, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
You're very lucky MashaAllah! What did you feel when you saw the Ka'ba ?

SubhaanAllah, I don't know what I would do..
I cried. :embarrass

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 11:14 PM
every Muslim shed tears when they looked at the Kaabah for the first time...

Banu_Hashim
03-06-2010, 11:15 PM
probably that. You're standing in the same place that Muhammad (saws) stood and looking at the structure built by Ibraheem (AS). Allahu Akbar.

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 11:15 PM
great pics ... thanks for sharing :statisfie

Supreme
03-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Wouldn't the novelty wear off though for people who went and prayed at the mosque every day? Especially if you've been brought up and looked at the Kaaba every day of your life. It must be just normal.

north_malaysian
03-06-2010, 11:31 PM

Tawwaf ritual, Masjidil Haram, Makkah

Banu_Hashim
03-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Wouldn't the novelty wear off though for people who went and prayed at the mosque every day? Especially if you've been brought up and looked at the Kaaba every day of your life. It must be just normal.
Ah, but you do not know what the Ka'ba means to the Muslim, so you cannot possibly understand.

Supreme
03-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Ah, but you do not know what the Ka'ba means to the Muslim, so you cannot possibly understand.

Rubbish. If I can understand chemical thermodynamics, I can understand anything. I understand how revered the Kaaba is in Islam, but for any human being, going to the same place time and time again, however holy it is, is going to reduce the experience for that person.

Life_Is_Short
03-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Rubbish. If I can understand chemical thermodynamics, I can understand anything. I understand how revered the Kaaba is in Islam, but for any human being, going to the same place time and time again, however holy it is, is going to reduce the experience for that person.
Maybe a little.

By the way, anyone can understand chemical thermodynamics.

Banu_Hashim
03-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Chemical thermodynamics apart from having a fancy name isn't all that complex, so don't flatter yourself. No, clearly from your post you don't know how revered the Ka'aba is in Islam. You can only see it from an outsiders/academic viewpoint, even if that, I highly doubt you know the Islamic background behind it at the least. So, in future... don't post if you don't know what you're on about!

Supreme
03-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Maybe a little.

By the way, anyone can understand chemical thermodynamics.
You got the ironically easy chemistry reference!

Next up, I'll be using Pythagoras as an example. Keep tuned!

Life_Is_Short
03-07-2010, 12:03 AM
You got the ironically easy chemistry reference!

Next up, I'll be using Pythagoras as an example. Keep tuned!
A2 chemistry. Easy peasy! ;D

Pythagoras, lol

Supreme
03-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Chemical thermodynamics apart from having a fancy name isn't all that complex, so don't flatter yourself. No, clearly from your post you don't know how revered the Ka'aba is in Islam. You can only see it from an outsiders/academic viewpoint, even if that, I highly doubt you know the Islamic background behind it at the least. So, in future... don't post if you don't know what you're on about!
There's nothing complex here. There's nothing to be offended by. There's nothing to understand. The Kaaba is a house that tradition attributes to Abraham as the first house built to God. Heck, I don't know how this conversation even escalated. I mentioned how the novelty wears off, and people would start to take it for granted after a while as with anything and as is human nature, move on. I didn't say that the holiness of the place would go, I said people will just start to take it for granted.

Supreme
03-07-2010, 12:05 AM
A2 chemistry. Easy peasy! ;D

Pythagoras, lol
Indeed. Now all I need to do is decide whether or not I want to take it to university level. That's when they start making something like particle theory sound like the hardest idea ever conceived. I digress!

Banu_Hashim
03-07-2010, 12:06 AM
There's nothing complex here. There's nothing to be offended by. There's nothing to understand. The Kaaba is a house that tradition attributes to Abraham as the first house built to God. Heck, I don't know how this conversation even escalated. I mentioned how the novelty wears off, and people would start to take it for granted after a while as with anything and as is human nature, move on. I didn't say that the holiness of the place would go, I said people will just start to take it for granted.
Then please don't use words like "rubbish" in relation to places that are considered holy land for us.

Supreme
03-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Then please don't use words like "rubbish" in relation to places that are considered holy land for us.

Ah, a misunderstanding has occurred. I meant, in the context of my post:

By rubbish, I meant rubbish at the idea I could not understand. I did not mean rubbish in any other way, I assure you!

Banu_Hashim
03-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Ah, a misunderstanding has occurred. I meant, in the context of my post:

By rubbish, I meant rubbish at the idea I could not understand. I did not mean rubbish in any other way, I assure you!
I appreciate your clarification :), but true understanding of the importance requires a belief within the heart, which means the disbeliever can never understand.

Life_Is_Short
03-07-2010, 12:16 AM
^For a believer, it does not wear off.

Beardo
03-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Subhanallah, those pictures were beautiful....

Supreme
03-07-2010, 12:20 AM
I appreciate your clarification :), but true understanding of the importance requires a belief within the heart, which means the disbeliever can never understand.
I may not understand from a Muslim point of view, but from a Christian point of view I can sort of understand. I mean, if I worshipped daily in the holy Christian churches of Palestine/Israel, I suppose the novelty wouldn't wear off quickly, as there would definetly be something special and just outright holy about the places. However, in Christianity we just don't revere out churches as much as you revere the Kaaba, so in that sense, I suppose I don't understand.

waqas maqsood
03-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Supreme,

We pray Salaah 5 times a day, yet I can assure you the novelty has never worn off and never will..

Being there in Makkah, is so sacred that it cannot wear off.

Malaysian brother, Jazak'Allah for sharing this with us.. and may Allah give us all the health and wealth to do Umrah/Hajj... AMEEN

Life_Is_Short
03-07-2010, 01:34 AM

^second floor, weelchairs section; area strickly off-limits and always surrounded by guards.

How did your dad manage to get a picture?

north_malaysian
03-07-2010, 07:01 AM
^second floor, weelchairs section; area strickly off-limits and always surrounded by guards.

How did your dad manage to get a picture?
i have no idea... :D

north_malaysian
03-07-2010, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood

Malaysian brother, Jazak'Allah for sharing this with us.. and may Allah give us all the health and wealth to do Umrah/Hajj... AMEEN
Amin!:statisfie

S_87
03-07-2010, 11:18 AM
My mum said that the religious policewomen checked her bags before entering Al Haram... but my father had no problem...
yeh they check every womans bags :phewbut not for phones/cameras

yeah... they all had the same orange bag hanging on their necks last year... most of Malaysian pilgrims are old people (65 above) who could only understand Malaysian language... so they need to stick together so they cant get lost... i heard that about 36,000 pilgrims from Malaysia went there (the quota is 26,000 but in the last minute our government managed to get another 10,000 pilgrims)...
re rep: yes i got caught in the middle and they all hold hands doing tawaf and dont let go at all:nervous:

second floor, weelchairs section; area strickly off-limits and always surrounded by guards.
only when its super busy, otherwise they dont really care. ive done tawaf in the wheelchair section and thats because the main section had wheelchairs rushing round and every so often they bump right into the back of your feet and there were guards but didnt say much.

I mentioned how the novelty wears off, and people would start to take it for granted after a while as with anything and as is human nature
actually youre right. many people who have the blessing of living there forget. its true.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!