/* */

PDA

View Full Version : which (if any) takes priority?

Ummu Sufyaan
03-06-2010, 09:34 AM
:sl:
im wondering something?...if, for example you seek and find a fatwa from a non-local imam (different city, online, etc) concerning something and you find out that your local imam is of a differing opinion concerning this "something" which opinion do you go by? i mean does it make a difference? is there an order of priority?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
03-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Let someone confirm this. I heard you can take the more strict opinion and be on the safe side. :X But I also heard the local Imaam takes priority.

So Allahu alam. :X

Ummu Sufyaan
03-23-2010, 09:19 AM
:sl:
^do you remember where you heard/read that?

Beardo
03-23-2010, 12:28 PM
^ I'll ask my teachers today and confirm with you, if you don't mind insha'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
brotherubaid
03-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Definetly The one with more knowledge , if my local imam is not as knowledable n gives me a fatwa n than i call the grand mufti in saudi arabia who gives me a diffenet fatwa i go by the one whom i expect to be more knowledgable , it can never be about being local or distant , the ulama are easily in reach , most o f the times when i cal sheikh ubaid al jabiree he answres after asr n before maghrib , same with other big scholars , so we should always stick to te big scho9lars who are more knowledgable.

rember what Ibn sireen said

This knowledge is deen , so be careul WHOM u take ur DEEN from!

Always take it from the big schoolars , n i have ad it many times that soem of the local imams fatwa were more lienient n they allowed certain things but when i checked with biger ulama they were very strict n completely forbade me.

N we are living in times where communcations is very easy , plus soo much fatwa n stuff are on internet already , so why n How in Earth would the local imam get priority? when more knowledgable people who are fatr away are easily reachable throug al the means of communication that we have.

cat eyes
03-23-2010, 01:39 PM
online imams might not be as qualified as the ones you would find at your local mosque. they might not have done a proper course so they might not be so honest about what post there on there very few reliable scholars u can find online. i like to approach a mufti to be on the save side always

Sampharo
03-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Sister Ummu Sufyan, we take the advice of the scholar who is known to be more reliable and has more knowledge and shows more sound evidence from the Sunnah. Local masjids may have nothing more than prayer leaders who memorized the quran and have no knowledge of fiqh or Sunnah, or they may be unreliable and subscribing to beliefs that are innovated or unsound, so it is not automatic that the local masjid Imam will be knowledgable.

Like brother Ubaid said, respectable remarkable scholars are reachable and you can call upon them at their assigned times.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!