/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 2,500 documents deleted!!!

AhlaamBella
03-06-2010, 04:30 PM
:sl:

Having a miniature panic attak here. I've accidentally deleted my entire document folder but the strange thing is; it didn't go into the recycle bin so I have no idea how to restore it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated imsad

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
03-06-2010, 04:46 PM
There are a few good data recovery programs, but before you do any of that make sure you haven't moved them. Do a search on your hard drive for one of the file names. Also, don't install any new programs or download large files onto your hard drive in the meantime.

Vito
03-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Sometimes when you delete something large enough, it will give you a warning that it will be permanently deleted and it will not show up in the bin. In this case, your best bet is to use a recovery program and hope it works. Try the link I sent you and let me know if it works.

AhlaamBella
03-06-2010, 05:10 PM
JazakAllah Khayr. I'll try that link. Does it recover everything that has been deleted? Won't that be a bit chaotic?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vito
03-06-2010, 05:27 PM
No it will find everything that has been deleted and you choose what you want to restore :)

Dagless
03-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Just a word of warning, if it was a lot of stuff (which it looks like it was), you should install the recovery program to a separate drive and also restore to a separate drive to make sure you don't overwrite the data you want to recover.

peaceandlove
03-06-2010, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhlaamBella
:sl:

Having a miniature panic attak here. I've accidentally deleted my entire document folder but the strange thing is; it didn't go into the recycle bin so I have no idea how to restore it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated imsad

:wa:
:sl: brother

Just a bid of advice , hope you donot mind , I am not an expert but that advice might help you.

Yes , there are many data recovery software availables and you can use them but i think you also are not an expert so i would recommend you to search for some data recovery expert (you might found them on your local computer shop or other wise search on net) , i think if the document are too important then spending some money to recover them from some expert would not be a bad choice:statisfie

May Allah slove your problems

AhlaamBella
03-06-2010, 05:55 PM
My dad is an IT consultant so he aid he'd have a look but I'm hoping to do it myself - little nervous about what deleted files my come up! I deleted some stuff for a reason :hiding:

-Kai-, the restoration link you sent has installed abut know it's asking for administrator privilages. I am one of the admins!

InshAllah I'll work this out

IslamicRevival
03-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Salaam

I recomend you download 'Pandora Recovery' which will restore any file which you may have deleted by mistake.

Link: http://download.cnet.com/Pandora-Rec...html?tag=mncol

Un tick the two boxes whilst installing software

Hope this helps InshAllah

IslamicRevival
03-06-2010, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhlaamBella
the restoration link you sent has installed abut know it's asking for administrator privilages. I am one of the admins!

InshAllah I'll work this out
Salaam. If you are on Vistaor Windows 7, Right click the Icon and 'Run As Administrator. Should work flawlessly InshAllah

Vito
03-06-2010, 06:51 PM
nevermind troubled got it haha

AhlaamBella
03-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Alhamdulilah! All praise and glory is to Allah - Restored the lot!

JazakAllah Khayr bro -Kai- and Troubled :):)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!