/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic point of view on: Fanbase, Supporting a team and having favourites??

waqas maqsood
03-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Salam Alaikum to all,

Pretty self-explanatory....

What does Islam say about:

Being a fan of a team or individual

Supporting a team or individual

Favouritising (don't even know if this word exist) someone from a group..

For example: -

I'm a big Arsenal fan (Football team in London)...

I love all 3 of my sisters but have a favourite sister...

I hope this makes sense

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlackMamba
03-07-2010, 02:02 AM
Go Lakers!
Go KOBE!!

ardianto
03-08-2010, 12:22 PM
I am not a fan of any team or individual, just a temporary supporter.
Today I support "A" team, next time I support "B" team, other day I support "C" team, ..............

waqas maqsood
03-08-2010, 07:32 PM
thats what we normally call 'glory hunter' lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlackMamba
03-09-2010, 12:40 AM
I am not a fan of any team or individual, just a temporary supporter.
Today I support "A" team, next time I support "B" team, other day I support "C" team, ..............
Ya thats called jumping on the bandwagon lol

Salahudeen
03-09-2010, 12:53 AM
hmm I'm not sure what the islamic view is, but many of the football players are men with evil habbits such as drinking alcohol, and I know of 1 who slept with his friends girl friend.

I used to idolize foot ball players as I was growing up but I thought to myself, "what it so good about them",

so they can kick a football really good, but do they fulfill the rights of Allah or do they disobey him.

Such people I do not like to support, I only support the Muslim teams like Egypt and Turkey and Saudi arabia :p

ardianto
03-09-2010, 04:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
hmm I'm not sure what the islamic view is, but many of the football players are men with evil habbits such as drinking alcohol, and I know of 1 who slept with his friends girl friend.
I am not living in England but I know what happened there.
I read "Tribun Jabar" newspaper everyday, and page 14 is special page around gossips of "sport celebrities', mainly about football players in England. In the last few days there are many gossips around conflict between John Terry and Wayne Bridge.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!