/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gifts to Scholars

Beardo
03-07-2010, 07:55 PM
What gift can I give a scholar besides clothes and books?

I have Itr. But what else? :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
03-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Does he have trouble finding wifi hotspots?

جوري
03-07-2010, 08:13 PM
a shiatsu Lumbar Massager..

Beardo
03-08-2010, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
a shiatsu Lumbar Massager..
Come again?

And, as far as wifi is concerned, I don't think so. :X

Think harder. :hiding: It's so hard to find gifts these days.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
03-08-2010, 02:59 AM
A silver ring?? isn't that a sunnah, to wear a ring on ur 3rd finger I think. :hmm:

ardianto
03-08-2010, 12:18 PM
How about gardening tools ?. If he likes gardening.

Innocent Soul
03-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Assalamualaikum

What gift can I give a scholar besides clothes and books?
What do he like? maybe you know? We can help then.

Re.TiReD
03-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Itr, a thawb (although that may come under clothes) ... Erm a Labbayk nasheed CD (;D), some chocolate coated dates (delishus I love em)

Beardo
03-08-2010, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
Itr, a thawb (although that may come under clothes) ... Erm a Labbayk nasheed CD (;D), some chocolate coated dates (delishus I love em)
Nasheed CD sounds like a good idea. And a food basket perhaps?

But I was thinking something more like I can ship.

Itr and Nasheed CD thus far.

Asiyah3
03-08-2010, 01:55 PM
First-class honey - yummy!

Beardo
03-08-2010, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
First-class honey - yummy!
See, now THAT is a good idea. Honey! Why didn't I think of that? Jazakumullahu Khair!

Re.TiReD
03-08-2010, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Nasheed CD sounds like a good idea. And a food basket perhaps?

But I was thinking something more like I can ship.

Itr and Nasheed CD thus far.
Oh wait, I absolutely adore this pen, I got it somebody as a gift and its awesome and look good in real life, and u can have it shipped straight to their address and they wont include an invoice etc. Argh I cant find the website, its silver and you can have the persons name engraved on it

Beardo
03-08-2010, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
Oh wait, I absolutely adore this pen, I got it somebody as a gift and its awesome and look good in real life, and u can have it shipped straight to their address and they wont include an invoice etc. Argh I cant find the website, its silver and you can have the persons name engraved on it
Is that store called Things Remembered? That's a good idea actually. :X I considered it, but wasn't sure if I should.

Okay so how does this sound:

Itr
Nasheed CD
Honey
Personalized Pen

What else? :X

Re.TiReD
03-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Is that store called Things Remembered? That's a good idea actually. :X I considered it, but wasn't sure if I should.

Okay so how does this sound:

Itr
Nasheed CD
Honey
Personalized Pen

What else? :X
I'm tryna find the site lol I think its UK based though. Paint him something lol a canvas with a nice du'aa on it :X

Asiyah3
03-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Hmm... I don't know about this one it's not so special but it's always an option I guess. My parents usually give it as a present to their familiars when they return from a trip.
Paklava. My fav! haha all I think of is food :D

Beardo
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Oh, I think about food all the time. :ermm: Nothing wrong with that. And yes, Bakhlava is awesome. But super fattening.

@ Hafsah: I think I'll add that to the list as well.

This scholar has done a lot throughout the production of Jannah Network so insha'Allah this is a good idea...

Beardo
03-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Also on the topic of gift giving...

I want to give other people ONE item of gift. So obviously, I'll need something of quality but it also has to remain in budget. Any ideas for that one thing? :X

Re.TiReD
03-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Also on the topic of gift giving...

I want to give other people ONE item of gift. So obviously, I'll need something of quality but it also has to remain in budget. Any ideas for that one thing? :X
I've no ideas for that but get something really beneficial insha'Allah like a book, only if you know they'll read it though. personally as a gift I would get one of these:
http://sunnicourses.com/products.html the aqeedah tahawiyyah one but its sold out, u cud ask when they'd have it back in, the ulumul hadith one is good too masha'Allah I have both!

Life_Is_Short
03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
A one of a kind miswak? :ermm:

Re.TiReD
03-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Here's the pen link: http://www.cgegifts.co.uk/shop/item....emid=612&catid script font is the best one.

جوري
03-09-2010, 03:53 AM
Come again?

And, as far as wifi is concerned, I don't think so. :X

Think harder. :hiding: It's so hard to find gifts these days.
I know if I were a scholar teaching youngens that is what I'd want.. The lumbar of course is alot cheaper, but I think I'd require the whole thing...:shade:

nothing is too good for a scholar and it is guaranteed to make you a prized pupil :D

ardianto
03-09-2010, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

If you have massage chair like this in Indonesia, you can start a new business.
Rent it, 60 US Cents per 15 minutes.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-09-2010, 04:46 AM
:sl:

Something from here:

http://www.thingsremembered.com/weba...g&position=HP2
http://www.thingsremembered.com/weba...t&position=HP4

I really like the 'Recognition Clocks' category: http://www.thingsremembered.com/weba...5_-1_3004_3370

Too bad you're not married..they have some pretty great gifts in the 'for wife' category there :-\

Also check http://www.sharperimage.com/ for cool stuff.

Re.TiReD
03-09-2010, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muraad

Too bad you're not married..they have some pretty great gifts in the 'for wife' category there :-\
Ahah loool that made me ;D, I think we know who'll be spending their dollars there someday insha'Allah :p

Innocent Soul
03-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Assalamualaikum
The best gift is a little Quran.I ts looks so cute :statisfie:statisfie .It is easy for us to carry it anywhere especially if we have to wait there for someone.

ardianto
03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Assalamualaikum
The best gift is a little Quran.I ts looks so cute :statisfie:statisfie .It is easy for us to carry it anywhere especially if we have to wait there for someone.
Bro Rashad's question is "besides clothes and books". Qur'an is a book.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!