/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Romodels

Beardo
03-07-2010, 08:15 PM
You know, I was listenign to the last lecture of Labbayk Academy's Conquest of Persia...

Shaykh Tamim Ahmadi was on as a guest speaker towards the end of the session. He told us a story and then told us the reality of it.

He used Lil Wayne as the example. Lil Wayne was asked that he does weed, smokes, etc, doesn't he feel any pity for the little kids who look up to him as a romodel. This dude answered by saying that they should look up to their parents. He's just a "performer." And Shaykh was saying that they only care if you buy their album. He quoted Lil Wayne saying "I'm a Gangsta". That part was so funny. ;D

But yeah, seriously. Choose your romodels wisely. which is why I advise everyone to listen to the Labbayk Academy course which we had offered for free on the Conquest of Persia. The download lecture and outlines are available at:

http://www.labbaykacademy.com/persia

The one I summarized above is the last 20 minutes of session 5.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-07-2010, 08:21 PM
What is a romodel? Is this some new hip way of saying rolemodel? +o(

Beardo
03-07-2010, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
What is a romodel? Is this some new hip way of saying rolemodel? +o(
Oh. No wonder it was being underlined red.

I spelled it wrong in the e-mail I sent to all the students.

Great.

Just GREAT.

:hiding: That's Rashad for you.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-07-2010, 11:16 PM
^^LOL i thought u did it on purpose :skeleton:

It's true, they only want u to buy their album!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SMA89
03-07-2010, 11:30 PM
romodel lllooooooollllll

Beardo
03-08-2010, 12:49 AM
You guys stop it. :[

You guys overlook the message and rather laugh at my poor English skills. >_> RUDE!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Sorry I did take note of your post i jus didnt reply in regard to it lol.

Anyways InshaAllah i will check it out.

jazakAllah khair.

Donia
03-08-2010, 05:34 AM
I completely agree with you as far as choosing your role models wisely. I also understand Lil Wayne's statement. He really is only a performer. That is his job and how he makes his money. It's not his responsibility to be a role model for our children or teach them anything. That is the parent's responsibility and I think it needs to be taken very seriously in my humble opinion.

JazakAllah for sharing.

:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!