/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is there even forgiveness for me?

escaper
03-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Salaam alikum

Before start i am 21 years old.
I have done so many sins which i regret like some bad rightful dues, for a year or more i quit islam and became kind of agnostic. i still do not know what do i believe. or do i believe or not? i am confused but even i am confused i always take gusl abdast/cleaning if i get junup. But about my sins, i do not forgive myself and i dont think i deserve to be forgived. i dont see myself someone worthy to become a muslim. simply i do not like my character. my sinful habits. i feel so scared about future feeling so weak and incapable and moron at society.

but i guess subconciously i am seeking for forgiveness if i am questioning all these. please help me about my faith. i have so many questions in my mind which i can not supress by pure faith but also by pure logic. i am a hopeless case i guess

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
03-08-2010, 02:04 AM
Never despair from the mercy of Allah, the fact you have remorse and regret is a sign of emaan.

This is where tawbah (repentance stems from this feeling of regret, make a sincere repetance to Allah with the intention of never going back to those sins.

you will never become perfect, every son of Adam is a sinner, but the best of sinners are those who make repentance.

Those who sincerly make repetence Allah transforms their evil deeds into good deeds.

It seems you are confused about your belief, it could be shaytaan playing tricks with your head and causing you to doubt.

cos if you didn't believe then why would you feel bad about sinning??

the person who doesn't believe has no regret when he sins cos he doesn't believe in the day of judgement.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-08-2010, 02:43 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
it sounds like you are on the right track, but just need some help.
firstly you have to know that allah forgives even the one who commits shirk, but turns back to Islam. you may want to check these fatwas out http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/14289/repentance
http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/98030/repentance

secondly, it should be made clear and one needs to understand that although Islam is a logical religion, all it really boils down to is faith what im getting at is that so many people get all enthusiastic and "strict" about believing from a logical perspective (i.e the "seeing is believing" concept) and get all restless about Islam because since (for eg) they cant see hell, then it must mean it doesn't exist...etc etc...

so is important to understand Islam how its meant to to and not according to ones whims and logic. it is pointless to reject Islam based on a principle that isn't relevant.

perhaps its best to tell us what it is you believe and/or what it is you are having trouble grasping...that way isnahllah we can advise you more accurately.

But about my sins, i do not forgive myself and i dont think i deserve to be forgived. i dont see myself someone worthy to become a muslim. simply i do not like my character. my sinful habits. i feel so scared about future feeling so weak and incapable and moron at society.
what you just have mentioned, im sure so many people who have sinned feel the same way.
also, check this out.

Italianguy
03-08-2010, 03:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by escaper
Salaam alikum

I have done so many sins which i regret like some bad rightful dues, for a year or more i quit islam and became kind of agnostic. i still do not know what do i believe. or do i believe or not? i am confused but even i am confused i always take gusl abdast/cleaning if i get junup. But about my sins, i do not forgive myself and i dont think i deserve to be forgived. i dont see myself someone worthy to become a muslim. simply i do not like my character. my sinful habits. i feel so scared about future feeling so weak and incapable and moron at society.

but i guess subconciously i am seeking for forgiveness if i am questioning all these. please help me about my faith. i have so many questions in my mind which i can not supress by pure faith but also by pure logic. i am a hopeless case i guess
The fact that you came here shows you care and can and will be forgiven by God.:D Many, if not all of us have commited some kind of sin/shirk in some way. All of us must repent and ask God for forgiveness. Allas my friend, God is oft forgiving and most mercifull, trust in God to forgive you of your sins. Give God His due glory and recieve thy reward. Become emmersed in faith and your bad character will fade away. Become emmersed in faith and be forgiven by God. God will guide those whom seek Him and forgive those who obey Him and glorify Him.

You are never a hopeless case. God did not make you a miracle to call yourself hopeless. You are perfect in God's eyes, you may have just strayed away from His guidence, but He is waiting for you to come back, He is most forgiving and patient with those who truly seek Him.

My friend, you most certainly do deserve to be forgiven. Do not seek forgiveness from man, man has no right or power over you, only God.

You are so young, curious and vulnerable to the ways of the world. Trust not the ways of the world and it's sinfull nature. You are being tested daily. It is those who shove the sinning nature aside, and push satan/shaytan out of the way, who God tests the most. You are truley showing your human side. Now start anew, with a strengthend faith in God as He is the only concern you should have now.

I fully understand how many diferent directions you are being pulled in right now. Just sit down or kneel or in prostrate, and bow before your God ask Him for forgiveness from the heart, He will give you forgiveness and you shall see your life change before you.

God be with you friend!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FAISAL85
03-11-2010, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by escaper
Salaam alikum

:sl:
i wont give you my story, because theres no need.
but i truly know exactly how you feel.
I left islam for a while, questioning everything i believed in.
going back and forth in my mind about questions of dunya and my nafs. and still constantly sinning everyday!
but first there is no need to supress those questions in your mind.
Let them come, there is no need to fight.
Its Allahs way of revealing to you the condition of your heart.
So you have to make the change.
I would like to say ya you have a choice... but you are my brother muslim, and i will not sugar coat things for you.
You do not have a choice, and thats what makes this beautiful.
Your back because your soul yearns for Islam.
It yearns for the truth.
Especially since your 21 now. You are a man.
Do you eat right everyday? Do you train your body? get proper rest and exercise?
Are you managing your time well?
Are you becoming the master of your Salaat?
or are you just lazy.
Allah is proud to have you as a part of his Ummah. Do not forsake that gift.

It all begins in the heart. The heart transaltes to the thoughts of your mind. Your thoughts lead to the things you say, then lead to your actions and deeds. Your deeds become your habits, which define your character.
Your Character will reveal you to your DEstiny. S what does your heart say?

First make the choice that you are a muslim. ANd islam is your religion and testify the kalimah... And Allah will purify your heart and give you a chance to start again. fresh.
When you fall do not be afraid to get right back up again.
your mistakes are not sins. it is when you know the truth and you go against your heart, is when it is considered sinning. So no need to feel guilty anymore.
Im here for you brother, every step of the way.
:wa:

S<Chowdhury
03-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Concerning forgiveness, Allah emphasizes His generosity and kindness, in that He forgives whoever repents to Him from whatever evil they commit:
If any one does evil or wrongs his own soul but afterwards seeks God's forgiveness, he will find God Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. (Surah 4 Verse 110)

Ibn Abbas commented about this verse saying that Allah informs His servants of His forgiveness, forbearing generosity and expansive mercy. So, whoever commits a sin, whether major or minor, ‘but afterwards seeks Allah’s forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful’ even if his sins were greater than the heavens, the earth and the mountains.

It is also narrated by Ahmad that Abu Bakr said that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:

‘No Muslim commits a sin and then performs ablution, prays two rak’ahs and begs Allah for forgiveness for that sin, but He forgives him.’

Your not a hopeless case Brother, i was also was in a similar position to yours, don't give up.

Italianguy
03-12-2010, 05:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
The fact that you came here shows you care and can and will be forgiven by God.:D Many, if not all of us have commited some kind of sin/shirk in some way. All of us must repent and ask God for forgiveness. Allas my friend, God is oft forgiving and most mercifull, trust in God to forgive you of your sins. Give God His due glory and recieve thy reward. Become emmersed in faith and your bad character will fade away. Become emmersed in faith and be forgiven by God. God will guide those whom seek Him and forgive those who obey Him and glorify Him.

You are never a hopeless case. God did not make you a miracle to call yourself hopeless. You are perfect in God's eyes, you may have just strayed away from His guidence, but He is waiting for you to come back, He is most forgiving and patient with those who truly seek Him.

My friend, you most certainly do deserve to be forgiven. Do not seek forgiveness from man, man has no right or power over you, only God.

You are so young, curious and vulnerable to the ways of the world. Trust not the ways of the world and it's sinfull nature. You are being tested daily. It is those who shove the sinning nature aside, and push satan/shaytan out of the way, who God tests the most. You are truley showing your human side. Now start anew, with a strengthend faith in God as He is the only concern you should have now.

I fully understand how many diferent directions you are being pulled in right now. Just sit down or kneel or in prostrate, and bow before your God ask Him for forgiveness from the heart, He will give you forgiveness and you shall see your life change before you.

God be with you friend!
I hope he is taking in all of everybodys good advice, and sees all of his Muslim bros here whom care about him.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!