/* */

PDA

View Full Version : permissible?

cat eyes
03-08-2010, 03:13 PM
:sl:would it be allowed for me to attend a gym that has separate areas for men and women but sometimes the men are allowed to pass through the womens section so if i wear my hijab while i exercise will it be okay and no sin on me?

Im not going to be attracting any attention with a veil on my head anyway and i will wear a tracksuit but a light tracksuit as not to over sweat :exhausted

Yours opinions will be appreciated.
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AhlaamBella
03-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Hmm. . . sounds risky to me sis. I'll see if I can get some evidence for you

cat eyes
03-08-2010, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhlaamBella
Hmm. . . sounds risky to me sis. I'll see if I can get some evidence for you
thank you sister :)

-Fallen Angel-
03-08-2010, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:would it be allowed for me to attend a gym that has separate areas for men and women but sometimes the men are allowed to pass through the womens section so if i wear my hijab while i exercise will it be okay and no sin on me?

Im not going to be attracting any attention with a veil on my head anyway and i will wear a tracksuit but a light tracksuit as not to over sweat :exhausted

Yours opinions will be appreciated.
:wa:
I think it's a pretty stupid gym if the men sometimes have to pass through women area.. don't they have their own routes or something? :confused:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhlaamBella
03-08-2010, 03:30 PM
I can't seem to find anything online for some reason. It sounds dodgy to me and isn't something I would personlly do. If it is strictly women only and a man walks in- you're not at fault InshAllah. But if you're aware of the possibility of a man being there then I'm not sure.

It's tricky ground. I myself am struggling to find a safe gym

cat eyes
03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UnhappyD:
I think it's a pretty stupid gym if the men sometimes have to pass through women area.. don't they have their own routes or something? :confused:
thats what the guy told me when i went and inquired about it. he said men tend to pass through the womens section from time to time :(

-Fallen Angel-
03-08-2010, 03:45 PM
thats what the guy told me when i went and inquired about it. he said men tend to pass through the womens section from time to time :(
Why should they? Do they need to check out some women working out or something?:hmm:
Find another gym to go to

★ηαѕιнα★
03-08-2010, 03:54 PM
I agree with some above. I wouldnt risk it really. You will be wearing clothing showing your form. And the man obviously will be looking at you. Her in Holland they are gonna start gym inside the mosque. Maybe thats an idea? You could set it up yourself. Wanna bet loads of mommys will attend there. Especially after they have given birth. You now to get rid of the extra pounds. ;D

Why should they? Do they need to check out some women working out or something?:hmm:
I dunno sounds pretty.... *coughfindanothergymcough*
I really need to get something for this cough, it's getting bad.:p
ROFL!!

-Fallen Angel-
03-08-2010, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
I agree with some above. I wouldnt risk it really. You will be wearing clothing showing your form. And the man obviously will be looking at you. Her in Holland they are gonna start gym inside the mosque. Maybe thats an idea? You could set it up yourself. Wanna bet loads of mommys will attend there. Especially after they have given birth. You now to get rid of the extra pounds. ;D

ROFL!!
I think you should try finding a gym which has a section dedicated for females.. meaning no men "Pass by". Or you could always buy equipment and use it at home? Or you know.. ask the local mosque to set up a fund where people donate so they can get equipment and have an area where women can go (pretty good idea actully).

S<Chowdhury
03-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I dunno sounds pretty.... *coughfindanothergymcough*
I really need to get something for this cough, it's getting bad.:p
Dude gets some cough medicine sounds like a terrible cough you have. Anyway hmm seems utterly ridiculous to have a womens and mens seperation yet men still walk through it defeats the purpose...........

Great idea sister nashia

★ηαѕιнα★
03-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I think if you are a bit meaty then you have nothing to worry about... (i kid). I think you should try finding a gym which has a section dedicated for females.. meaning no men "Pass by". Or you could always buy equipment and use it at home? Or you know.. ask the local mosque to set up a fund where people donate so they can get equipment and have an area where women can go (pretty good idea actully).
LOL Dude.. "meaty" is also a figuire (figuired out your invisible thingey HA!) ;D

cat eyes
03-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Find another gym to go to
yeah i think they just go to the womens section to check out the ladies

and obviously some women encourage it to :(

bro theres not that much gyms around but im trying my best to look for a suitable one

cat eyes
03-08-2010, 08:17 PM

ROFL!!
its not that easy sis. the mosque will need to save alot of money for the equitment and who is going to give the money?:(

cat eyes
03-08-2010, 08:22 PM
i am not a meaty woman ;D however because of the fact i am in the home alot i tend to eat more when im bored and im afraid of getting a jelly belly :( its not about looking good. im more concerned about my health and the food that im putting in my mouth is not exactly healthy and then sitting down and not moving all day. i am exercising in the home but i cant feel that motivation at all. :'(

-Fallen Angel-
03-08-2010, 08:31 PM
its not that easy sis. the mosque will need to save alot of money for the equitment and who is going to give the money?:(
Wouldn't the people donate? like those who would want to use the facilities? But yes, the costs involved would be high what with the equipment and the power and stuff... anyways if you can't find a good gym you can always buy a treadmill or something... expensive though.

cat eyes
03-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Wouldn't the people donate? like those who would want to use the facilities? But yes, the costs involved would be high what with the equipment and the power and stuff... anyways if you can't find a good gym you can always buy a treadmill or something... expensive though.
i would enjoy using the treadmill but there like 2000euro or more.. if i had a job then i would buy no problem but im unemployed at the moment.

imsadimsad

imsad

-Fallen Angel-
03-08-2010, 09:00 PM
i would enjoy using the treadmill but there like 2000euro or more.. if i had a job then i would buy no problem but im unemployed at the moment.

imsadimsad

imsad
Whao.... €2000? where the hell do you live? Latvia? :hmm:
*Click me*
Why don't you like.. get some sisters togather and you can all pitch in and buy togather or something?... or you can just go jogging like 5am on your street?

★ηαѕιнα★
03-08-2010, 09:42 PM
^^ I wouldnt advise you to do that by yourself sis. IF I lived in Germany I would come a long ;D

cat eyes
03-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Whao.... €2000? where the hell do you live? Latvia? :hmm:
*Click me*
Why don't you like.. get some sisters togather and you can all pitch in and buy togather or something?... or you can just go jogging like 5am on your street?
haha no i dont live in lativa Alhamdulilah. i live in dublin. i would never jog brother its way to dangerous to be going around by yourself here ya know. for a really good one its 2000euro;D but i suppose any one will do really:hmm: i wonder do argos have anything

^^ I wouldnt advise you to do that by yourself sis. IF I lived in Germany I would come a long ;D
in germany?;D

IslamicRevival
03-08-2010, 11:47 PM

i would never jog brother its way to dangerous to be going around by yourself here ya know.

i wonder do argos have anything
Brother gave you some bad advice there, I mean a woman going for a jog at 5AM? Very very dangerous!! Instead of jogging you may aswell go to the gym, At least its safe and secure!!

Anyway, I believe the best option is to buy your own equipment and exercise at home. May not be as fun but what can you do

Argos do a good range of exercise bikes (and other exercise equipment) I recommend you get a foldable exercise bike, They work well and also you can store it away when not in use.

-Fallen Angel-
03-09-2010, 10:59 AM
haha no i dont live in lativa Alhamdulilah. i live in dublin. i would never jog brother its way to dangerous to be going around by yourself here ya know. for a really good one its 2000euro;D but i suppose any one will do really:hmm: i wonder do argos have anything
Sorry sisimsad
Yea check argos/amazon, surely you can get something for about 250euros, if not you will probably have to find a gym which may be far away from home which sucks:hmm:

cat eyes
03-09-2010, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Brother gave you some bad advice there, I mean a woman going for a jog at 5AM? Very very dangerous!! Instead of jogging you may aswell go to the gym, At least its safe and secure!!

Anyway, I believe the best option is to buy your own equipment and exercise at home. May not be as fun but what can you do

Argos do a good range of exercise bikes (and other exercise equipment) I recommend you get a foldable exercise bike, They work well and also you can store it away when not in use.
Good idea brother thanks. a bike would be good and it wont be so boring.
Sorry sisimsad
Yea check argos/amazon, surely you can get something for about 250euros, if not you will probably have to find a gym which may be far away from home which sucks:hmm:
lol its okay. ive seen alot of girls do here but i wouldnt take the risk

cat eyes
03-19-2010, 01:40 PM
im strongly thinking to go out running every morning like rocky balboa did when he was training for his fight :nervous:

ardianto
03-19-2010, 01:55 PM
im strongly thinking to go out running every morning like rocky balboa did when he was training for his fight :nervous:
But I don't think you want to be a boxer.

★ηαѕιнα★
03-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Ill sing a song for you sis! :D

Don't go by yourself

Thats not very safe

A bunch of stuff could happen

Please dont go alone

Take a fat brother or daddy with you

So you have somebody to protect you

OR...: Just buy a dog ;D

The daddy thing is a great idea. My dad used to go in the summer after Fadjr prayer.
Said he loved it and made him feel alive and healthy.
Asked me to go with him but I was longing for my bed too much. Snorrr ;D

cat eyes
03-19-2010, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
But I don't think you want to be a boxer.
I Know but i really love that rocky theme tune ;D:hiding:

Ill sing a song for you sis! :D

Don't go by yourself

Thats not very safe

A bunch of stuff could happen

Please dont go alone

Take a fat brother or daddy with you

So you have somebody to protect you

OR...: Just buy a dog ;D

The daddy thing is a great idea. My dad used to go in the summer after Fadjr prayer.
Said he loved it and made him feel alive and healthy.
Asked me to go with him but I was longing for my bed too much. Snorrr ;D
A fat brother ;D my brother would do more messing with me then running then he will probably disappear off somewhere :hmm:

it will only be for twenty minutes every morning:(

★ηαѕιнα★
03-19-2010, 02:14 PM
^^Still I dont like it very much, not to spoil your fun or anything..:)

-Fallen Angel-
03-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Did i not mention that?

I agree, either get somebody to run with you (brother, father) or get a dog :)

cat eyes
03-19-2010, 02:52 PM
I Dont plan on getting a dog because i will be running alrite but the dog will be chasing me :X

★ηαѕιнα★
03-19-2010, 03:21 PM
^^ And your a cat person so that wont work as well. ;D

cat eyes
03-19-2010, 03:43 PM
actually im a rat person ;D

:wub:

★ηαѕιнα★
03-19-2010, 04:01 PM
^^ AAAAHHHH a mouse! Get it away from me!! -> Thats what I would say standing somewhere above the ground..;D I know very stereotyping but I dont like them one bit.

Were getting a bit off topic sis.
Was wondering: cant you take a sister with you?
Not very safe but you wont be alone..the two of you can probably beat up a scaryguy! ;D

OurIslamic
03-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Sister cat eyes, why don't you set up a home gym? You don't even need to buy anything expensive.

All you really need are free weights (of various sizes, and they don't really cost much. I'm sure they'd cost about 1 month of gym membership).

You can build your triceps, biceps, pectorals, abs, and basically any upper body muscle using free weights.

To build your lower body, you can go on a daily walk and climb stairs.

Gyms are just a fancy way of doing what you can do in your own neighborhood/home.

cat eyes
03-19-2010, 04:06 PM
my friend will be to lazy to come jogging with me:statisfie

she is not the sporty type at all :D

what about cycling?:p

cat eyes
03-19-2010, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Sister cat eyes, why don't you set up a home gym? You don't even need to buy anything expensive.

All you really need are free weights (of various sizes, and they don't really cost much. I'm sure they'd cost about 1 month of gym membership).

You can build your triceps, biceps, pectorals, abs, and basically any upper body muscle using free weights.

To build your lower body, you can go on a daily walk and climb stairs.

Gyms are just a fancy way of doing what you can do in your own neighborhood/home.
i cant find the motivationimsad thats why people go to gym cos they get the motivation when they see others working out

i just eat and eat and eat :embarrass

OurIslamic
03-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Ofcourse, you could cycle as well :).

I was assuming that you had nothing at all to work with. It really depends on what you enjoy more. The less you feel as if you're "working out" the more you'll accomplish. Also, THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS! You must input hard work in order to reap positive results.

OurIslamic
03-19-2010, 04:12 PM
i cant find the motivationimsad thats why people go to gym cos they get the motivation when they see others working out

i just eat and eat and eat :embarrass
Well, going to the gym isn't going to change anything. (I'm telling you from personal experience).

You won't be motivated to drive/walk there, and before you know it, your membership has expired (that's the situation my dad is in, but he won't listen to me, since I don't "know as much as him" :hmm: , lol).

cat eyes
03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
HAHA thats true the member ship starting off first is only 6months

tango92
03-19-2010, 07:27 PM
make sure you get a trial membership for a week before hand. then youll realise your just as unmotivated in the gym as at home....

"The WHO's report[11] suggests that increasing physical activity is a public health 'best buy', and that cycling is a 'highly suitable activity' for this purpose"

so yh. get a bike and go everywhere

KittenLover
03-19-2010, 09:37 PM
look if you wanna get motivated to work out you need a partner to compete with, that will really make you wanna work out. Make it into a competition also you both nagg each other to work out when 1 of u doesn't feel like working out.

try find a sis to workout with and she will make you come even when u don't feel motivated.

this is what happens in alot of things when you have some 1 to do them with.

cat eyes
03-20-2010, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KittenLover
look if you wanna get motivated to work out you need a partner to compete with, that will really make you wanna work out. Make it into a competition also you both nagg each other to work out when 1 of u doesn't feel like working out.

try find a sis to workout with and she will make you come even when u don't feel motivated.

this is what happens in alot of things when you have some 1 to do them with.
thats what i want some one to nagg at me to exercise :omg: thats what i really need:D :clever: nw i just need to find a really annoying sister

★ηαѕιнα★
03-20-2010, 09:39 PM
^^ Darn! ;D You should move to Holland!

cat eyes
03-23-2010, 01:44 PM
;D i might just go there im not far from holland anyway:X

★ηαѕιнα★
03-23-2010, 02:04 PM
^^ Well I could use the exercise. But you will have to take a bit of a roadtrip to get where I live. And then you'll actually have to pull me out of bed in the morning and poor a bucket of water over me! ;D

Btw cant you like find a sister at the mosque who wants to pair up with you? Usually loads of new mommys want to get rid of that extra pounds. Hang an add at the mosque with only your emailadress or so. And hope someone will answer. Think thats an idea really.:D

cat eyes
03-23-2010, 02:21 PM
LoL my gosh i can be highly annoying you know. you should not have invited me over at all to your home;D

i dont know whether anyone even has time to work out cos there to busy with there kids really but i know loads of mums would like the idea but where would they find the time

i dont know why but i cant get in to my msn at all i gave loads of sisters my email:omg: i think some mice has hacked it:raging:

btw do you know whether exercising bikes are really good to keep fit?

-Fallen Angel-
03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
LoL my gosh i can be highly annoying you know. you should not have invited me over at all to your home;D

i dont know whether anyone even has time to work out cos there to busy with there kids really but i know loads of mums would like the idea but where would they find the time

i dont know why but i cant get in to my msn at all i gave loads of sisters my email:omg: i think some mice has hacked it:raging:

btw do you know whether exercising bikes are really good to keep fit?
The bikes are quite good, cycling in general is a good way of keeping fit. More effective than jogging.

★ηαѕιнα★
03-23-2010, 02:40 PM
^^ Depends how long you use it. See if you eat loads of fat and sweet stuff. 15 mins. of cycling aint gonna do it. So you have to balance it out.

-Fallen Angel-
03-23-2010, 03:27 PM
^^ Depends how long you use it. See if you eat loads of fat and sweet stuff. 15 mins. of cycling aint gonna do it. So you have to balance it out.
Indeed, diet makes a big difference. You can eat a lot and still lose weight, but i think people should understand that if they want to lose weight they should start eating more healthy foods, and vegetables are a good start.
Cats are known to be fat though... and don't like vegetables so you're going to have an issue, maybe :)

★ηαѕιнα★
03-23-2010, 05:38 PM
^^ You do know that calling a woman fat is dangerous right? You said you were gonna marry soon so defo dont forget that. Saves you loads of trouble. :D

-Fallen Angel-
03-23-2010, 06:13 PM
^^ You do know that calling a woman fat is dangerous right? You said you were gonna marry soon so defo dont forget that. Saves you loads of trouble. :D
If i call her fat she'll cut me like how you prepare a chicken for a meal imsad

cat eyes
03-29-2010, 04:12 PM
i went for jogging in my local park i didnt go alone though it felt so good to release the tension and worry of everything

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!