/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Stories Of Abu Bakr & 'Umar...

imam bukhari
03-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Assalaam o alaykum,

Please feel free to post away stories of the 2 greatest men of this ummah (Abu Bakr & 'Umar)

I'll post on what I have/find:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
imam bukhari
03-08-2010, 05:14 PM
‘Umar Remembers The Good Old Days With Allaah’s Messenger

One night ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab was on his night (security) patrol, when he saw a light and sound comming from a house. He looked in to find an old lady spinning wool and singing the following couplets:

“May Allaah accept the prayers of the pious and elite,

Seeking blessings for Muhammad (peace be upon him),

Allaahs Prophet, he worshipped each night, and he wept before the dawning of each day,

I wish to know if I could be together with my beloved (Prophet Muhammad (saw)),

For death comes in different states of minds, and I do not know how I shall die.”

‘Umar (ra), on hearing these lines, sat down weeping in love and memory of the Prophet (saw).

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.co...ahs-messenger/

imam bukhari
03-08-2010, 05:20 PM
‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab: “Those Who Came Before You Were Destroyed Because…”

Places Their Prophets Prayed
It was narrated with a saheeh isnaad that ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab was on a journey and he saw people frequenting a place and praying there.

He asked, “What is this?”

They said, “A place where the Messenger of Allaah prayed.”

He said, “Those who came before you were destrpyed because of this. They took the places where their Prophets went as places of worship. If a person is there when the time for prayer comes, let him pray, otherwise let him move on.”

Ignoring The Divinely Revealed Book
It was narrated from ‘Amr Ibn Maymoon that his father said:

“A man came to ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab and said, ‘O Ameer al-Mu’mineen (Leader of the Believers), when we conquered Al-Madaa’in we found a book in which were some amazing words.’

He said, ‘From the Book of allaah?’

He said, ‘No.’

He called for his stick and started hitting him with it and reciting the words:

Alif-Lam-Ra. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings]. These are the Verses of the Clear Book [the Qur'an that makes clear the legal and illegal things, legal laws, a guidance and a blessing]. Verily, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur’an in order that you may understand. We relate unto you [Muhammad] the best of stories through Our Revelations unto you, of this Qur’an. And before this [i.e. before the coming of Divine Inspiration to you], you were among those who knew nothing about it [the Qur'an].“

[Qur'aan, Surah Yusuf (12), Verses 1-3]

Then he said, ‘Those who came before you werre destroyed because they turned to the books of their scholars and bishops, and ignored the Torah and Gospel, until they were neglected and the knowledge in them was lost.’ “

[Taken from 'Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab, His Life And Times, By 'Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabi, Vol. I, Pp. 296-297 & 298]

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.co...royed-because/

Abdul-Raouf
03-08-2010, 05:50 PM
From Sister Danah's site:

http://protectedpearl.webs.com/apps/...he-secret-sins

The above video has some wonderful infos about both the caliphs

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
imam bukhari
03-14-2010, 09:08 PM
‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab: “Now ask For What You Want”

‘Umar saw a begger asking people (for charity), with a sack full of foodstuff on his back. He took the food and gave it to the Zakah camels, then said to him, “Now as for what you want.”

[Taken from 'Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab, His Life And Times, By 'Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabi, Vol. I, p. 287]

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.co...what-you-want/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!