03-08-2010, 05:13 PM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nimboo
03-09-2010, 10:26 PM
No is the answer to the question your not asking or the opinion your expressing

Ummu Sufyaan
03-10-2010, 03:30 AM
:sl:
what are these types of cats called. i want one like it, but it has to have blue eyes...is there a particular name for a cat like that with blue eyes that i should know about? or do all cats like that only come with yellow eyes....

ژاله
03-10-2010, 03:39 AM
can people with cat-phobia also participate? :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
03-10-2010, 04:01 AM
why cats are so lazy and they cant do tricks like the dogs?

UmmSqueakster
03-10-2010, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
what are these types of cats called. i want one like it, but it has to have blue eyes...is there a particular name for a cat like that with blue eyes that i should know about? or do all cats like that only come with yellow eyes....

It's a british short hair.

From what I understand, eye color and coat colors are genetically related. Blue eyes go with pointed cats and white cats, but not cats of other colors.

A pointed cat is one who's body is one light color and who's points (ears, face, paws, tail) are another darker color. There are pointed british short hairs, but I don't know how common they are.

In general, purebred cats are pretty darn expensive, and can cost anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars. Unless one has a lot of extra money laying around, why not go to a local shelter and see the moggies (ie plain ol cats)? You can find beautiful cats there, and ones with great personalities. Heck, even ugly cats can make great companions.

UmmSqueakster
03-10-2010, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
why cats are so lazy and they cant do tricks like the dogs?
I wouldn't say they are lazy. Allah (swt) made cats to behave in a certain way - they get a lot of sleep, so that when they hunt, they have lots of energy to stalk their pray.

UmmSqueakster
03-10-2010, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
can people with cat-phobia also participate? :?
So long as you don't say anything derogatory about kitties :raging:

Re.TiReD
03-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I'd really love a grey kitty with blue eyes, do they exist? Like this one?

Looks a bit photoshopped but I hope its real :statisfie

UmmSqueakster
03-10-2010, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
I'd really love a grey kitty with blue eyes, do they exist? Like this one?

Looks a bit photoshopped but I hope its real :statisfie
Looking at the picture, it looks like the blue is more of a reflection. I think the kitten's eyes are actually yellow. I don't think it's genetically possible to have a solid color cat (other than white) with blue eyes.

Re.TiReD
03-10-2010, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmSqueakster
Looking at the picture, it looks like the blue is more of a reflection. I think the kitten's eyes are actually yellow. I don't think it's genetically possible to have a solid color cat (other than white) with blue eyes.
The kitty is advertised as having blue eyes and being very rare...I thought they did exist....well there goes my dream *sobs* lol :p

Life_Is_Short
03-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Cats are cool but i prefer hamsters although i don't/can't have one. :( Do we have a thread for hamsters?

Re.TiReD
03-10-2010, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Cats are cool but i prefer hamsters although i don't/can't have one. :( Do we have a thread for hamsters?
we will when u make one :p

we shud have a section of the forum called, 'wondering at Allah (swt's) creation' or 'Appreciating Allah (swt) creation' :D

Dagless
03-10-2010, 03:33 PM
I love cats... couldn't eat a whole one though.

Life_Is_Short
03-10-2010, 03:39 PM
we will when u make one :p

we shud have a section of the forum called, 'wondering at Allah (swt's) creation' or 'Appreciating Allah (swt) creation' :D
That would be great!

Should we take it up with the site owner? :X

Re.TiReD
03-10-2010, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
That would be great!

Should we take it up with the site owner? :X
Yeh :p ask Rashad :p

Dagless, anta nakirah :@! I dont even know if that makes sense lol!

north_malaysian
03-10-2010, 11:56 PM
can we train cats to do some tricks?

UmmSqueakster
03-11-2010, 04:23 PM
The kitty is advertised as having blue eyes and being very rare...I thought they did exist....well there goes my dream *sobs* lol :p
I consulted some breeders, and they say that almost all kittens are actually born with blue eyes, and that the vast majority of them (except the occasional white and pointed varieties) will change to a more normal color after they reach 6 to 10 weeks old.

So, by the time you'd get the cat (you shouldn't take a kitten away from it's mother before 8 to 10 weeks of age), it would have normal color eyes.

Total scam and dishonest backyard breeder advertising a rare blue eyed kitten ^o)

UmmSqueakster
03-11-2010, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
can we train cats to do some tricks?
Sure, but not like dogs. AbuS has trained our cat to go into her kennel when he snaps his fingers and says move. She actually gets a little bit sassy, and kind of squeaks at him, but after a few times, she goes in. She also recognizes the word ga'ana, which is food in arabic (I think).

chacha_jalebi
03-11-2010, 11:05 PM
apparantly you can treat cats to do tricks, but you gota propa be on it

like holdin treats in your hands and makin your cat shake your hand, but its hard

UmmSqueakster
03-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Hmm, where are all the kitty lovers? My parents took some great pictures of the Squeakster with their new camera. My cheap one just doesn't do her justice

Kas1m
03-22-2010, 03:44 PM
I think I am beggining to like cats now. Carry on ;D

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Hmm, where are all the kitty lovers? My parents took some great pictures of the Squeakster with their new camera. My cheap one just doesn't do her justice

What breed is it...?I like this one...

Kas1m
03-22-2010, 03:57 PM
I like that one too. cute.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-22-2010, 03:59 PM
I think it is Thomas 'tom' cat...;D;D;D

UmmSqueakster
03-22-2010, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmajid
What breed is it...?I like this one...
She's just a plain old DSH, domestic short hair, aka a mutt. Most kitties aren't actual breeds (unlike dogs), and are just generic cats. She was abandoned by her former family, and we adopted her from a shelter.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-22-2010, 04:08 PM
She's just a plain old DSH, domestic short hair, aka a mutt. Most kitties aren't actual breeds (unlike dogs), and are just generic cats. She was abandoned by her former family, and we adopted her from a shelter.
But Masha Allah..it is very cute...seems an expensive one to me...seriously...I would like to have that...if it is neat an clean...;D;D;D

Kas1m
03-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Yes i would like to buy that one. How much?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-22-2010, 04:13 PM

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee cattttttssssssssssss. I have some of my own :statisfie

Sis Umm your cat is precious :D Love it.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-22-2010, 04:16 PM
I guess sisters love cats...what do brothers love...?

Kas1m
03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
We have had a rabbit but never a cat. My mother likes the house clean and she is very fussy in the smell department. She wouldnt like a cat at all. Is there any way round this?
How about clearing some misconceptions that are in peoples mind who have no experience, like myself.
I think that cat leaves a smell in the house and what about the excretion system? Are they well trained or something? Or do we have to train them?

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-22-2010, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
I think that cat leaves a smell in the house and what about the excretion system? Are they well trained or something? Or do we have to train them?
Training!!!! Do we need them to train to 'do nuisance' in washroom or away from the home...Oh!! that must be a horrible task;D;D;D

Kas1m
03-22-2010, 04:28 PM
I have no idea. Actually I didnt even know muslims actually kept cats as pets until i signed up on the forum and found out

Life_Is_Short
03-22-2010, 07:27 PM
How do you stop cats from crapping in your flower bed? I've tried all sorts of methods.

Cat owners please me.

They're beginning to get on my last nerve. :exhausted

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-23-2010, 01:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
We have had a rabbit but never a cat. My mother likes the house clean and she is very fussy in the smell department. She wouldnt like a cat at all. Is there any way round this?
How about clearing some misconceptions that are in peoples mind who have no experience, like myself.
They know when to go by themselves and where. You dont train them. They dont leave a smell but yes the litter can if u dont clean it...unless you let them be outdoor cats...then you don't need to. We dont let ours out as my mom is cautious so we have to clean their litter.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
We had a nice ginger cat/kitten with blue eyes but gave it away after a while

UmmSqueakster
04-23-2010, 04:53 PM

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum Cat Lovers! :)

I absolutely adore cats they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo Cutee and Beautiful , sis Umm Sqeakster your cat is beautiful, the way it poses from above that bookshelf..They naturally have this pose lol where they sit in this kinda way where they look beautiful i donoo if others have noticed it and the way they walk is just i dono how to explain lol...
But i dont have one of my own :( but InshaAllaah in the future so yah :) Indeed

Wa alaaykum Salaam :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!