/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Christian who started to wear hijab- curious about Islam

Submissive31
03-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Hello everyone. I am a 21 yr old Christian women from the USA. I love God very much, and Jesus is my Lord. BUT I felt lead by God to wear Islamic dress-code for women. I wore the tradional hijab for the first today- very nervous about it but I feels sooo right. I wonder, do you think its okay to wear hijab as a Christian? I have reserached Islam before, and I have heard the Quran recited in Arabic which I thought was extremely beautiful. However, I just dont understand some of the teachings- like Jesus's death or why we needed a new revelation. I would welcome any helpful discussion. I honestly would love to be Muslim, but I love Jesus so much that I feel SO CONFUSED! I want to make sure I am chosing the right path to God. I feel that Muslim women are dressing correctly, the way women should dress. America, where I live, is far to immodest. Anyway, I hope I meet all of you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Greetings submissive and :welcome: aboard..

do enjoy your stay with us here and learn all you can..

I have been noticing a trend with Islamic scarves, especially on 'American Apparel'

even on men..

http://images1.splendicity.com/files...an-apparel.jpg

http://www.cottonable.com/wp-content...s-clothing.PNG

I wonder if it will make folks more tolerant toward Muslims?

Anyhow, pls. know that Muslims love Jesus (p) very much and believe in his second coming.. you don't have to give up Jesus to be Muslim, but he'll make far better sense from the Islamic perspective..

all the best

abu_musab461
03-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Welcome and peace be upon those who follow the Guidance.

As Muslims we too love Jesus very much In fact if any muslim says he doesnt love Jesus- he no longer remains muslim!

So to love Jesus (peace and blessing be upon him and his mother) and all the other prophets Moses, Abrahim, Noah is obligatory upon muslims.

But we would never do anything to anger God or disobey the commandments of Jesus.

We do not elevate Jesus to the level of God because he never called for people to worship him. Rather to only worship the One God in the Heavens.

Nor do do we blaspheme god by saying He begot a son with Mary. Or that God was murdered on a cross by humans or died or eats or drinks or any other thing that is contrary to the Pure, Holiness and Majesty of Almighty God.

These are all human weaknesses and attributes that do not befit the Almighty and All Merciful God.

God can never be human because then He is no longer the Al Mighty and a human not not be God because humans depends on food water etc for life.

Also
God = Creator
Humans = Creation

It is not befitting that the Most Powerful and Wise God should become His own creation.

Allah (God) describes Him self very beautifully in the Quran saying

"Say : "He is Allâh, (the) Allah the Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need (He neither eats nor drinks). "He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him." (surah Ikhlass 112:4)

Its easy to understand if you think about it rationally and with an open mind.

The hijaab "islamic dress code" is not just for muslims, but chistians too

"If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head"

the bible 1 Corrinthians 11:3-6

Im sorry my knowledge is limited and understanding weak but i hope i have helped shine some light on the subject

Salahudeen
03-09-2010, 12:46 AM
I don't see anything wrong with dressing as a Muslim however you might get people coming upto you and saying

"it's ok you're in America you can strip your clothes off and be free here" ;D

or people may think you are opressed also, you could also receive some verbal abuse like being called a traitor :hmm:

:hmm: we believe in Jesus as a prophet of God just as Moses, Abraham, Jonah, Noah, Mohammed.

We believe he was sent to a certain people (the children of Israel) just like the rest of the prophets were sent to their people. peace be upon them all.

All of the prophets were sent with miracles and signs according to what their nations excelled in, the Jews excelled in medicine so jesus was able to perform miracles in curing people.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
03-09-2010, 01:09 AM
are you by chance this lady ? :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0SsYD2yRsk

Muslims love Jesus as they love all prophets before him. We recognized him as we recognized other prophets before him in that he like others was a great prophet and messenger of God. We do not dishonor him or his teachings by elevating him to status of divinity nor do we short change God by limiting Him to the attributes of His creation. Check out this link to read about Jesus in Islam, i think you will love Jesus and Islam even more:

http://www.soundvision.com/Info/jesus/

Danah
03-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Welcome to the forum
I pray that you find the light here and get your confusions cleared up too.

Pls know that for a Muslim to not believe in Jesus as one of the greatest prophets, his miraclous birth, and his second coming he is not a Muslim anymore. We believe in all prophets of Allah.

Feel free to ask anything here :)

PouringRain
03-09-2010, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Submissive31
I wonder, do you think its okay to wear hijab as a Christian?
I don't know why it wouldn't be okay. The Bible also instructs women to cover their heads. One of my good friends always keeps her head covered, and her style of dress is similar to in Islam.

Italianguy
03-09-2010, 03:37 AM
Hello everyone. I am a 21 yr old Christian women from the USA. I love God very much, and Jesus is my Lord. BUT I felt lead by God to wear Islamic dress-code for women. I wore the tradional hijab for the first today- very nervous about it but I feels sooo right. I wonder, do you think its okay to wear hijab as a Christian? I have reserached Islam before, and I have heard the Quran recited in Arabic which I thought was extremely beautiful. However, I just dont understand some of the teachings- like Jesus's death or why we needed a new revelation. I would welcome any helpful discussion. I honestly would love to be Muslim, but I love Jesus so much that I feel SO CONFUSED! I want to make sure I am chosing the right path to God. I feel that Muslim women are dressing correctly, the way women should dress. America, where I live, is far to immodest. Anyway, I hope I meet all of you.
WOW! Thats a first....A modest dress code? NIce! Are you Greek Orthodox by chance? My wife is Christian, and she wears a veil with her sari's and salwarkameez, It may just be an Indian thing though?:hmm: I think it's great, but many Christians will just say you are unlearned in the New Covanent, and that you are following Old Testament practice....although, it does say for a woman to cover her head in the new testament, but in church and in prayer. I have heard 100 different interpretations of that....but i think it's great:D

I don't think you have to go as far as wearing the niqab, i think it's called? The one that totaly covers you and only has a window screen to see out of...but...i guess you wouldn't have to buy sunglasses anymore:shade: or buy bug spray for those Jersey sqiutos;D

God be with you sis! Welcome to the forum!

Donia
03-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Welcome to the forum. :)

I hope you will find the answers that you seek here and your heart will be put at ease.

I just want to let you know that Muslims love Jesus (peace be upon him) also. You do not have to give that up to become a Muslim.

Peace.

Nora.
03-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Welcome to the fourm
Hope the God guide you to the right path :)

If you need any help regards Islam or Arabic don't hesitate to ask :)

Here is the translation of Quran :
Honestly , I've never read Quran in English ,so I don't have any idea
but I saw a post that recommend these sites ..

http://quran.com/

http://www.quranenglish.com/tafheem_quran/

Strzelecki
03-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I was going to ask if you were YouTube's non-Muslim hijabi too.
I looked at her profile, though - she's 25...You're 21.

:)

Welcome.
And insha'Allah (God-willing) you have a beneficial stay.

Muslim Woman
03-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Salaam/Peace

..I honestly would love to be Muslim, but I love Jesus so much that I feel SO CONFUSED! .
How Jesus Led Me to Islam

Live dialogue with a new Muslim

.... From childhood, I was taught traditionally that Jesus was crucified. Seeing his image in blood in the cross and his suffering shocked me. I could not stand the movie. I was traumatized and could not bear in my mind how this mighty Prophet of Allah could be so easily hanged and killed, with all the powers and miracles that he had made.

I did not believe that this was possible. Hence my mind was set for a future message that Allah sent to me in the Holy Qur’an when I was 19 years old. He revealed that he was not killed nor crucified. This turned me to Islam. Because the Qur’an is the untouched word of Allah.

....What was the turning point that made you think of choosing another religion?

Answer
The non-crucifixion of Jesus (AS) because this is the foundation of Christianity and Catholicism. Without his crucifixion, Christianity and Catholicism cannot exist. Think about it for a while. If Paul had not made himself a Prophet between Jesus and Muhammad, the true followers of Jesus would have readily embraced Islam, as the Unitarians did once they knew about the advent of the advent of Prophet Muhammad http://www.readingislam.com/livedial...GuestID=H8lLDt

Muslim Woman
03-12-2010, 09:03 AM
:wa:

Read an interesting article today.

Forget fashion, this is freedom

..I am a Catholic, not a Muslim. I am not from the mysterious East, but am a 32-year-old woman from boring Kent. Nor am I a prude: my life has included spells as an exotic dancer, kissogram and glamour model

I relish the privacy; the barrier that the hijab creates between myself and the harsh, frenetic world, especially in London. I find a great peace behind the veil: I don't feel invaded by nosy passers-by; the traffic, noise and crowds seem less overwhelming. I can retreat into my own safe world even as I walk and, on a practical level, I feel completely secure from unwanted advances.

...I also feel fairly safe from muggers. Thieves glance at me and probably think, "illegal immigrant; not worth the effort", presuming that my big carrier bags contain only weird, knobbly vegetables for my 16 children

The most amazing effect of wearing the veil is that you automatically seem to become a member of the Muslim community and are accorded all of the privileges and dignity of a Muslim woman. When I walk into a Muslim shop, a man will say to me, gently, "Salaam aleikum [peace be upon you]. How can I help you, madam?" On the bus, Muslim men from Africa, the Middle East or the Far East will move aside for me and say, "After you, sister."

..One Muslim man told me: "My wife is like a beautiful diamond. Would you leave a precious diamond to get scratched or stolen in the street? No, you would wrap it in velvet. And that is how the hijab protects my wife, who is more precious to me than any jewel."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/3...s-freedom.html

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-12-2010, 11:15 AM
...I honestly would love to be Muslim, but I love Jesus so much that I feel SO CONFUSED!...
Greetings sister, it's a late reply:p but We Muslims do not ignore Jesus. We too love Jesus as a revolutionary Prophet like Moses, Muhammed (SAWS), Abraham

Asiyah3
03-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi and welcome to IB :) I hope you'll have a beneficial and enjoyable stay insha'llah :) (If God wills).

“And We have not sent you (O Muhammad) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most of men know not”[Saba’ 34:28 – interpretation of the meaning]

“And in their footsteps, We sent ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), confirming the Tawraat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Tawraat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[al-Maa’idah 5:46]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!