/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Time flying by

aadil77
03-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Is it just me or is time just passin by rapidly? Its the beggining of a week and the next thing you know its already friday - I know its not friday right now. I find really easy to just waste a couple hours doin nothin.

Is this a sign of qiyamah or does it just happen when you grow up?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
03-09-2010, 08:48 AM
People in the west say "Time is money". But actually they are wrong, time is not money.

If we waste money $1000, we can get it back if we work. But if we waste time 1hour, this 1hour will never back again.

muslimsister1
03-09-2010, 09:19 AM
:sl:

As far as i know it is a sign of qiyamat, i jst feel tht no matter how early you wake up to do jobs on a weekend ders not enough hours in the day.

:wa:

Asiyah3
03-09-2010, 09:33 AM
^I've noticed the same :/.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Brenzy
03-09-2010, 10:56 AM
I know exactly how you feel, the days turn into weeks and the weeks turn into a blur. Not enough time to do all that you need/want to do :(

ardianto
03-09-2010, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brenzy
I know exactly how you feel, the days turn into weeks and the weeks turn into a blur. Not enough time to do all that you need/want to do :(
We always have time, but we often wasted it.

Brenzy
03-09-2010, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
We always have time, but we often wasted it.
Yeah this is true, but you have to agree that life gets pretty busy.

Uthman
03-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari (1036) from Abu Hurayrah who said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Hour will not begin until knowledge is taken away, earthquakes increase, time passes quickly, tribulations appear, and there is a lot of haraj, which is killing, killing, and until there will be a lot of wealth among you and it will become abundant.”

And Ahmad narrated (10560) that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Hour will not begin until time passes quickly, so a year will be like a month, and a month will be like a week, and a week will be like a day, and a day will be like an hour, and an hour will be like the burning of a braid of palm leaves.”

More info here: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/34618/

cat eyes
03-09-2010, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Is it just me or is time just passin by rapidly? Its the beggining of a week and the next thing you know its already friday - I know its not friday right now. I find really easy to just waste a couple hours doin nothin.

:sl: your right time is going very fast. i go to my friends home for lunch sometimes around 1 by the time i get home its nearly 6 in the evening and dark outside. but i think alot of us are waisting our time also.. i will tell u why i feel i have waisted time when i could be doing something worth while, was talking with my sis and she said soon it will be your birthday already and she said it felt like yesterday when she bought the cake..now my sis is a non muslim, if non muslims feels like this then it must be the signs,now i was there trying to think what i did in all those months, but i could not remember because it just went by so rapidly

S<Chowdhury
03-09-2010, 02:24 PM

I feel the same way with sixth form, only feels like yesterday i started my A-Level... n now only have a 2 months of school left to be honest before i finish my a-level.....:hmm:

PouringRain
03-09-2010, 05:15 PM

Some of it is just what happens when you grow up, as you put it. Time is perceived differently. As a child, it can take forever to get through a school year, but as an adult it flies by so fast that we blink and a month is gone.

noorseeker
03-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Didnt einstein say time is relative.

One persons hour can pass quicker than another persons hour.

i found if you pray the time flies past so quick.

Its flies when you wana pray isha , you delay and delay, and soon its 12

Muezzin
03-09-2010, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Didnt einstein say time is relative.

One persons hour can pass quicker than another persons hour.

i found if you pray the time flies past so quick.

Its flies when you wana pray isha , you delay and delay, and soon its 12
If it flies when you want to pray isha, it goes into orbit when you want to pray dhur during your lunch break.

sister herb
03-09-2010, 08:08 PM
I have seen time flies faster when I have became older. One year was much longer when I was 13 and now, after 30 years when I am 43, time runs faster and faster.

;D

Time is busy even I am not.

aadil77
03-09-2010, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari (1036) from Abu Hurayrah who said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Hour will not begin until knowledge is taken away, earthquakes increase, time passes quickly, tribulations appear, and there is a lot of haraj, which is killing, killing, and until there will be a lot of wealth among you and it will become abundant.”

And Ahmad narrated (10560) that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Hour will not begin until time passes quickly, so a year will be like a month, and a month will be like a week, and a week will be like a day, and a day will be like an hour, and an hour will be like the burning of a braid of palm leaves.”

More info here: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/34618/
SubhanAllah thats exactly what I was looking for and look how true it is, earthquakes happenin so often and time is literally flyin by

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-09-2010, 10:40 PM
SubhaanAllaah....

Ramadhan
03-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Funny, just yesterday my colleagues and I had this very conversation, and we all agreed that time is indeed (felt) passing by a LOT faster than when were younger.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!