/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Divorce

innocent
03-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Salam.
A married couple in my family in Pakistan have been separated for 6 months. I dont know whos fault it is but the girl says its the mother in law and her husband and M-I-L say its her fault. Ever since they got married they've been having problems.
Now shes been living with her parents for 6 months now and he wants to divorce her. But her family are saying that before he can do that he has to pay her expenses for the 6 months she spent at home. Is this right islamically? Please provide refs if possible. Jazakallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
innocent
03-09-2010, 03:29 PM
They dont have any children. Not long married.

S_87
03-09-2010, 04:12 PM
i think u should ask a scholar this as there are a few things within the situation that would need to be checked like-did she leave herself or did he chuck her out?
for her iddah he is required to pay but otherwise, there are things that cancels out a wifes right to maintenance

Sampharo
03-09-2010, 06:26 PM
^ Agree. Too many details in this situation and after judging a scholar will give a ruling. Yes fundamentally speaking a wife's expenditure is on the husband even when she's away, but that is dependent on many conditions. Did she go away on her own will and left her husband and thereby becoming in the account of a Nashez, or did he ask her to go away? How long where they married for? Did she or did she not try to be with her husband? Did they make arrangements beforehand and agree to caring for her temporarily, or did she just go there and now they are doing this out of spite?

Seek a scholar to settle this, it's rights and money, may God help them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!