/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Fasting Thief

imam bukhari
03-09-2010, 03:10 PM
The Fasting Thief

The book “Raudur Riyaheen” mentions a story of a thief narrated by Sayyiduna Abu Bakr Shibli.

He says;

“Once I was travelling to Syria along with a group of other travellers when on the way we were plundered by a gang of thieves. They took all our possessions and put them in front of their gang leader. Amongst the goods were a bag of sugar and almonds, the thieves began to eat them but their leader did not join them.

I asked him why the rest of his gang was eating but he was not, he replied, “I am fasting”. I asked surprisingly, “How is it that you steal from people and fast at the same time?” He replied, “A man should do something to keep the doors of reconciliation open as well”.

Sometime later I saw the same gang leader in a state of “ihram” performing tawaaf [circulating around] of the blessed ka’ba. His face was resplendent with the light of worship and he had weakened himself through devotional practices. I asked surprisingly, “Are you the same man?” he answered,

“Yes, I am, and let me tell you, that very same fast is what caused my reconciliation with Allah”.

(Raud-ur Riyaheen, P163, Maktaba-tul-Maymaniyyah Egypt)

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.com/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
03-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Wow... SubhaanAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!