/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Faqeeh Thief! Awesome! Must Read!

imam bukhari
03-09-2010, 03:23 PM
The Faqeeh Thief! Awesome

Imam ibn al Jawzi narrated with his Isnad to Ahmad bin alMu?addil al Basri who said:

I was sitting in a gathering when a person came and said:

I was heading to the woods where I own a garden. When I got far from the community houses I was approached by a thief.

He said: Give me your clothes.

I said (trying to be defiant): Why should I give you my clothes?

He said: I am more deserving of your clothes than you.

I said: Why?

He said: Because I am your brother. You are clothed and I am not.

I said: Allow me to give you some money.

He said: No. I want to wear your clothes, just as you have worn them.

I said: So you want to make me naked and expose my Awrah?!

He said: There is nothing wrong with this (being naked if alone). Imam Malik narrated that it was OK for a man to perform Ghusul naked.

I said: But people will see me naked.

He said: Had there been people on this road I would not have approached you on it.

I said: You seem to be intelligent. Let me go to my garden and I will take off my clothes and give them to you.

He said: No. You want to have your servants grab me and take me to the Sultan who will imprison me, rip my skin, and put chains around my anckles.

I said: No, I swear to you that I will fulfill my promise, and will do you no harm.

He said: No. Imam Malik narrated that oaths given to thieves do not have to be fulfilled.

I said: I swear that I will not use my swearing to con you.

He said: Same thing, this is a compounded oath given to a thief.

I said: Let us stop debating, allow me to go to my gareden and I promise to give you these clothes out of my good will with no hard feelings.

So the thief thought for a moment and said: Do you know what I am thinking?

I said: No.

He said: I went over the cases of thieves since the time of the Prophet SAW until today. I do not recall a thief who stole something this way (by leaving a time gap between his attack and receiving stolen goods). I hate to innovate something into Islam which was not from it. I will bare the sin of it and every one who goes by it to the day of judgment? Give me your clothes now!

[The Arabic text can be found here]

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.co...thief-awesome/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
03-09-2010, 03:32 PM
I didn't quite get it :hmm: The thief seems to be religious, why does he steal?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!