/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help with Iraqi room mate.

theblackcloud
03-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Hello,

Months ago, I think it was in October, I'm not sure, I posted a thread here about how I was having trouble adjusting with my room mate who is an Iraqi. The responses I received were very helpful.

Now, he is a very very good friend, and we are living very well. But, there is just one problem, and I'm not too sure what to do about it.

Every time he goes to the fridge for something to eat, I'll hear rumbling in there, and then I see him eating something. So I think that's good, I'll get something to eat now! So I open up the fridge, and those 3 bottles of wine, very expensive, that my father got me from Italy, are always being pushed to the back of the fridge. I go and rearrange it, but then he just keeps pushing them back every time.

I know his religion tells him to distance himself from alcohol, but what can I do to get him to stop? I found scratches on the bottles.... Muslims, please give me advice on how to deal with this.

I would tell him to directly stop doing it myself, but he is still new to this country, and way of life, and he is kind of sensitive as well.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
03-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Are the bottles closed and not mixing with his food?

This is a common problem among shared student residents. It's not something new. :hmm:

You should really divide the sections of the fridge in order to avoid such problems in the future.

theblackcloud
03-14-2010, 04:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Are the bottles closed and not mixing with his food?

This is a common problem among shared student residence. It's not something new. :hmm:

You should really divide the sections of the fridge in order to avoid such problems in the future.
No, it's not spilling into his food. His religion prohibits any alcohol, that would be horrible.

Anyways, I made a deal with a neighbor down the road, and he can use my shed to store things in for a couple of months while I take his mini fridge, and I can leave the bottles in there (they must remain in the fridge or else they'll go flat).

And yes my friend is very happy :D.

Italianguy
03-14-2010, 06:08 AM
Il fratello, tiene a mente non non lo bevono appena, ma sentono anche che esso contamina che tocca. Le sue bottiglie sono sigillati così dovrebbe essere ok. Lei può immagazzinare il vino di nuovo a casa? Se lei progetta su lasciare che invecchia, lo porta appena di essere raffreddato a casa. Ho scommesso è un vino impressionante nonostante! Non bevo effettivamente molto alcol a tutto, ma un buono rosso è il dare il benvenuto.lol;D

La buona fortuna con i suoi studi all'università! Il suo amico iracheno sarà un grand'attrezzo di cultura per lei come bene. :D

Dio è con lei!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Strzelecki
03-14-2010, 06:14 AM
I'll be honest --- I don't blame him.

Italianguy
03-14-2010, 06:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
I'll be honest --- I don't blame him.
I agree with you. If fratello is no going to drink the vino, why not leave it in back of fridge? I think the Iraqi bro just moves it so he can get to his food...I would to^o)

FAISAL85
03-14-2010, 07:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blackcloud
No, it's not spilling into his food. His religion prohibits any alcohol, that would be horrible.

Anyways, I made a deal with a neighbor down the road, and he can use my shed to store things in for a couple of months while I take his mini fridge, and I can leave the bottles in there (they must remain in the fridge or else they'll go flat).

And yes my friend is very happy :D.
I don't think prohibitng alcohol is wrong at all.
Leave it in the back Its no problem. alcohol breaks up families and is a root of evil.. I truly believe that. It's almost an indisputable fact in my eyes and I'm very bias on the subject.
I work ems and I pik up drunks every night , Ive seen woman battered and your inhibition is thrown out the window.
Alcohol Is bad for u on so many levels and it blinds you to that fact.
I speak from experience.
Islam does not welcome alcohol.
4give me.

4 give me if I'm bias but I don't believe I'm wrong.

peaceandlove
03-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Well brother , I think its not your fault as you are not understanding him , Just put your self in his place and you will find how to deal it with.

Suppose , you have a roommate who is drug addicts and have "Herion" one of the deadlines drugs , and he keep that drug with your food , what you do? Did you just ignore him? defenately you would not like it

so , simple you iraqi room make hate alcohol as you might hate drugs ?

instead of asking us how to over come , tell us you over come the situaion if you found some room mate with drugs ? defenately you will try to stop him from doing this , so do same as you are willing to be treted , stop putting these thing in front of him .

That might hearting him a lot.

flowergarden
08-17-2011, 11:13 PM
I hopnestly feel like he just wants to get to the food, and the 3 wine bottles are in the way... Also the wine may take up space.... so why not keep drinks in back and the food in front.. that is how my family does it and we're iraqi!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!