/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Racism-Which country have you experianced it the most? how to handle it?

~Taalibah~
03-10-2010, 07:58 PM
:sl:

Have you experianced racism? If so where was it most?

I have never been so affected by racism as i have been in Namibia. (for those who may not know where this is, it boders South Africa). Blacks are racist among themselves as well as with others, whites dont speak but if looks could kill.... The stranges and most annoying and trying part is their behavior towards indians. Have you ever been told to go back to India?? Hello!! I've never been to India!
If you dont get told to 'go back to India' u are told ninja or osama and u carrying a bomb etc etc. Thats besides the evil looks you get. If you greet u get an cold look in response. Wherever you go, you feel completely out of place as ppl stare and i mean 'stare' at you.

Living in SA i never really had trouble. Racism was only sometimes with whites, but as i say SOMETIMES. With the natives there was never a problem, as indians are considered "Blacks" there. I'm not saying South Africans are perfect, i'm saying that compared to Namibia its Beautiful!

Indians are few in this country and Muslims even less, so thats partially why but thats no reason for ppl to be abusive, rude and racist.

I'm a quiet person, and dont speak out but honestly, sometimes i feel like telling them to just shut up or slapping them its soooooooo awful!

A lady , a very angry lady, once came up to my husband asking him why he doesnt wear hijaab/niqaab and why does he make me wear, is he not man enough to wear it? I told her he had noithing to do with it and that my religion required me to and that i was perfectly happy wearing it. She said something about the Qur'aan Majeed not having anything about a women being ashamed of her body!!! Now what does she know about the Qur'aan Majeed and dead right It doesnt! Argh.

Sorry this is more like my woes on rasicm and vague but seriously how would you handle racism?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyaah
03-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Oh no - I'm very sorry to hear you had these experiences sister. I work in a call centre where people who immigrated from India and Pakistan do not always get treated well by customers. Customer assume because of their accents they are talking to someone who is physically in India. I just don't have the patience for it, it makes me angry. I hope Allah rewards you for overcoming these struggles.

Raudha
03-10-2010, 09:01 PM
:w:

I must admit I am quite surprised. I don't really know the history of Namibia but judging from South Africa's history I thought it was one of the worst in the world regarding racism :><:

I really hope your situation improves there sis. May Allah ease your affairs. Ameen :wub:

:wa:

north_malaysian
03-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Malaysians proudly calling themselves as multiracial people who can live together etc. it's kinda true as Malays, Indians, Chinese (the main 3 ethnic groups in Malaysia) have no problems living together... though they are crazy politicians who want to cause disharmony in Malaysia...

But Malaysians can be so racist when it comes to immigrants from Indonesia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Myanmar etc... and also towards Africans (students, expats).

Yeah.. I blame it on Malaysians for being racist... but the immigrants and Africans should try to mix with the locals...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
03-11-2010, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Taalibah~

I have never been so affected by racism as i have been in Namibia. (for those who may not know where this is, it boders South Africa). Blacks are racist among themselves as well as with others, whites dont speak but if looks could kill.... The stranges and most annoying and trying part is their behavior towards indians. Have you ever been told to go back to India?? Hello!! I've never been to India!
just say "go back to idoitville" :embarrass

A lady , a very angry lady, once came up to my husband asking him why he doesnt wear hijaab/niqaab and why does he make me wear, is he not man enough to wear it? I told her he had noithing to do with it and that my religion required me to and that i was perfectly happy wearing it. She said something about the Qur'aan Majeed not having anything about a women being ashamed of her body!!! Now what does she know about the Qur'aan Majeed and dead right It doesnt! Argh.
you should have just said err lady, am i supposed to care what you think :><:

Italianguy
03-11-2010, 03:38 AM
I have had some experiences. When I lived in New York i saw my Nonna spat on by some people, she was 84 at the time, she is very dark Italian and they were cursing her and spitting on her:cry: . When my mother moved us to Virginia, I was jumped on my first day of school here, (rednecks) I was 13, and like 8 of them pushed me doen and kicked me in the headimsad They said I was a wop, greaseball, hybrid peice of %^&*! I am very dark, for an Italian, I am part Palestinian, I don't tell many people that around here.

My mother was spit on, and when my Nonno (grandfather) came through Ellis Island in NY, He was beaten and thrown in qaurantine for a week, while my Nonna (grandmother, at that time 17 years old) slept outside in the dirt, waiting for him with no foodimsad.

I am married to a south Indian woman, from Chennei. So as you could Immagine, it hasn't gotten any better. We get tons of stares....mainly from Indians!^o)....I just laugh;D....HAHA I got one of your Women!!;D We gona have little Italdian bambinos!;D

Racism sux! Just ignore them, at least they aren't beating you up:phew Tell them you are the rich daughter of a Raja;D And you could buy Namibia;D

Supreme
03-11-2010, 05:32 PM
If someone were racist to me, I would report it to the police as it is against the law. However, I am infatuated with women of African and Caribbean descent, and this has caused some friction amongst my white family and majority white friends. Apparantly, inter race breeding is a form of genocide according the BNP. So yes, even though I have not personally experienced racism, I am very close to some people who have.

S<Chowdhury
03-11-2010, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
If someone were racist to me, I would report it to the police as it is against the law.
Sorry brother but really ^^^ the Police, all they'll do is make you fill in a statement which would waste about 3 hrs of your time, they'll try to follow it up if they can and it'll end up with most likely a warning of some sort, you physically have to be beaten GBH, ABH and then maybe the Police would do something about it.

My family experienced a bit of racism, we use to for a short period of time we lived on a council estate in a very white area. We use to have brick thrown threw the window to stones, mud you name it they threw it, then it went on to our doors being kicked but we only had the half of it. Our next door neighbour (African origin) had there whole door set alight and the other ethnic minorities often faced the same sort of violence on property. The Police did nothing, they'd come take a statement, the council would come and boarder up the window and a few weeks later its all forgotten about :raging:. Mind you I'm talking back in the 1998 onwards things have changed in London quite alot. Though this sort of racism exist still in the white predominantly parts of the UK unfortunately.

cat eyes
03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
:wa: sister im very shocked to hear that ive never been approached like that since i started wearing the jilbaab nor have any of my friends been attacked like that.. i honestly dont know where a person would find the nerve to actually go up to a person and make a snide sarcastic comment like that really its absolutely insane

Btw if it did ever happen to me, i dont think i will be able to keep my cool with a person like that.

what on earth is wrong with dressing modestly :hmm:

It only shows the corruption in there hearts for thinking that theres something wrong in it.

north_malaysian
03-12-2010, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
I have had some experiences. When I lived in New York i saw my Nonna spat on by some people, she was 84 at the time, she is very dark Italian and they were cursing her and spitting on her:cry: . When my mother moved us to Virginia, I was jumped on my first day of school here, (rednecks) I was 13, and like 8 of them pushed me doen and kicked me in the headimsad They said I was a wop, greaseball, hybrid peice of %^&*! I am very dark, for an Italian, I am part Palestinian, I don't tell many people that around here.

My mother was spit on, and when my Nonno (grandfather) came through Ellis Island in NY, He was beaten and thrown in qaurantine for a week, while my Nonna (grandmother, at that time 17 years old) slept outside in the dirt, waiting for him with no foodimsad.

I am married to a south Indian woman, from Chennei. So as you could Immagine, it hasn't gotten any better. We get tons of stares....mainly from Indians!^o)....I just laugh;D....HAHA I got one of your Women!!;D We gona have little Italdian bambinos!;D

Racism sux! Just ignore them, at least they aren't beating you up:phew Tell them you are the rich daughter of a Raja;D And you could buy Namibia;D
Dark Italian? from Sicily or southern Italy?

جوري
03-12-2010, 02:32 AM

If you dont get told to 'go back to India' u are told ninja or osama and u carrying a bomb etc etc. Thats besides the evil looks you get. If you greet u get an cold look in response. Wherever you go, you feel completely out of place as ppl stare and i mean 'stare' at you.

Living in SA i never really had trouble. Racism was only sometimes with whites, but as i say SOMETIMES. With the natives there was never a problem, as indians are considered "Blacks" there. I'm not saying South Africans are perfect, i'm saying that compared to Namibia its Beautiful!

Indians are few in this country and Muslims even less, so thats partially why but thats no reason for ppl to be abusive, rude and racist.

I'm a quiet person, and dont speak out but honestly, sometimes i feel like telling them to just shut up or slapping them its soooooooo awful!

Sorry this is more like my woes on rasicm and vague but seriously how would you handle racism?
sorry for your troubles sister.. pls be patient your reward is with Allah swt..
you should have told that woman why her husband doesn't wear makeup or is he not man enough to wear it..

further I don't understand this whole 'shame of the body thing' I think one should be more ashamed to be subjugated than dignified?
be candid the next time around, and generally you really shouldn't care what people think of view.. people are people are people.. underneath it all, they all wake up with morning breath, their farts stink as hell and if they go unwashed for a couple of days the rest of them as well to the point they are no different than any jungle animal and for the most part they are scared of something, especially more so when they don't have the peace of God in their hearts.. never bend your head to other than Allah swt..

“Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” Helen Keller!

Italianguy
03-12-2010, 05:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Dark Italian? from Sicily or southern Italy?
From southern Italy, Puglia region. We are Sicilian too....and part Palestinian. You never seen dark italians? They're not all like you see in movies. Most of them look Turkish or Spanish, Medeteranian. They are like Indians in a way, they want to look lighter, so they only put the lighter Italians in the movies, or Amreekin/Italianos in the movies.

Or it could be too much sun and olive oil^o)

P.s. We came from an area where allot of race mixing was prevalent. It was one of the main areas mussolini sent troops to skin people alive for being too dark or mixed breed....so I guess we have been dealing with racism for a long time. Not to many notice, but allot of racism comes from ones own race....weird huh^o)

north_malaysian
03-12-2010, 07:17 AM
From southern Italy, Puglia region. We are Sicilian too....and part Palestinian. You never seen dark italians? They're not all like you see in movies. Most of them look Turkish or Spanish, Medeteranian. They are like Indians in a way, they want to look lighter, so they only put the lighter Italians in the movies, or Amreekin/Italianos in the movies.

Or it could be too much sun and olive oil^o)

P.s. We came from an area where allot of race mixing was prevalent. It was one of the main areas mussolini sent troops to skin people alive for being too dark or mixed breed....so I guess we have been dealing with racism for a long time. Not to many notice, but allot of racism comes from ones own race....weird huh^o)
Actually, before 2001 I thought all Italians, Greeks, Lebanese, Turks just look the same... tanned Europeans... until I met an Italian dude who has blue eyes, blonde and sooo white (he looks like a Scandinavian) at Kuala Lumpur.. we met at an arbitration centre. If I'm not mistaken his surname is "Deldacan"... he said that he wanted to visit Malaysia because of an Italian novel character "Sandokan, la tigre della Malesia"..

cat eyes
03-12-2010, 12:38 PM
:wa: i worked with italians and they were pure white with light green eyes they were more white then me lol you would never believe they were italian until they spoke

actually thats true they only put light colored italians on the t.v

Ive only ever seen one or two italians that had really dark skin they almost look like indians.

When i go to any hot country i get a nice light brown tan but they have been living there all there lives and there pure white lol:hmm: dont get it

Mohamed_Sadiq
03-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Every country has a porportion of racist people,
Therefore every country I have been in, I have met racist people. So you can't GENERALISE a whole country over a bunch of pathetic racist people. So you can't say there is a perfect country!!

cat eyes
03-12-2010, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
Every country has a porportion of racist people,
Therefore every country I have been in, I have met racist people. So you can't GENERALISE a whole country over a bunch of pathetic racist people. So you can't say there is a perfect country!!
thats true but theres some countries more racist then others, take france for example. if a colored person has been living there all there lives, the french people dont see that person has being french because hes not white like them.

Italianguy
03-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Actually, before 2001 I thought all Italians, Greeks, Lebanese, Turks just look the same... tanned Europeans... until I met an Italian dude who has blue eyes, blonde and sooo white (he looks like a Scandinavian) at Kuala Lumpur.. we met at an arbitration centre. If I'm not mistaken his surname is "Deldacan"... he said that he wanted to visit Malaysia because of an Italian novel character "Sandokan, la tigre della Malesia"..
Oh yes, Italy is very diverse. The blonde hair blue eyed Italians come from up north and are usually Swiss decendants that snuck over the border allong time ago. Or they are Greek decendants. There are allot of blonde hair blue eye Greeks. I kind of wish I wasn't as dark as I amimsad And had lighter colored hair....I died it brown one time:embarrass just to see what it would be like. Oh well, God made me the way I am and I like it that way:D.

God be with you.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Aslaamu`alaaykum

SubhanaAllaah sister, may Allaah give you Sabr to deal with such people.Ameen

I have seen racism from people with their own races...soo weird like ItalianGuy said..
Racism is something that seperates us from each other, its shocking and scary too SubhanaAllaah ,,people treat each other like animals in some areas only because of there looks or colour ,background etc...

From all races, you get some dark and light and medium skinned people.
Its pathethic how low life these people can get, to even have such pathethic guts to say it to someones face...
They are the people who show no mercy, they have no idea what it makes a person feel from the inside..May Allaah guide these people, as he is the 1 who guides Indeed..

As the Prophet said: "He who does not show mercy to others, will not be shown mercy." [Al-Bukhârî]

Allah (SWT) says in Surat Al-Hujurat, "O Mankind! We have created you from a male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honorable of you in the sight of Allah is he who has most Taqwa among of you. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware." Noble Qur'an (49:13)

In surah Al-Room Allah (SWT) says, "And one of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your tongues and colors; most surely there are signs in this for the learned." Noble Qur'an (30:22)

Wa alaaykum Salaam....

smile
03-12-2010, 05:39 PM
EVERONE IS RAcIST to different degrees
you might publically express ur racism or keep it to yourself
but everyone has a judgement about a person from where they cum from
most ppl have little racism in them

i'm happy i live in SA wth such a diverse society

Amadeus85
03-12-2010, 05:47 PM
I dislike racism because it's stupid and dangerous, but honestly I also dislike anti-racism. These are fools too.

Italianguy
03-12-2010, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
EVERONE IS RAcIST to different degrees
you might publically express ur racism or keep it to yourself
but everyone has a judgement about a person from where they cum from
most ppl have little racism in them

i'm happy i live in SA wth such a diverse society
So true. As an example my own family came to this country and always said "Ahmedeekans" have no culture, What is their culture?...hamburgers and hotdogs?;D

I notice that anyone who comes to the US is like that. They are prejudice against an entire country, BUT...on the other hand, you see my Uppa (father-in-law) who is from India and if he meets someone from a different part of India, they don't like each other^o)....like "interacism" or something?......My grandparents were the same way.imsad

north_malaysian
03-12-2010, 11:47 PM
So true. As an example my own family came to this country and always said "Ahmedeekans" have no culture, What is their culture?...hamburgers and hotdogs?;D
and home-delivery pizzas? (I wonder if the pizzas in Italy taste differently than pizzas from Domino's, Pizza Hut, Shakeys?

Italianguy
03-12-2010, 11:55 PM
and home-delivery pizzas? (I wonder if the pizzas in Italy taste differently than pizzas from Domino's, Pizza Hut, Shakeys?
Never go to Italy and eat the pizza.....if you do, you will never eat the crap here in US that some call pizza;D

Do you really eat that stuff? I had Sbarro once.....ewwww.

Our family grew up with the Sbarros. Some of them still live in east north port NY. We also grew up with the Carrabas. They started a 1 small resturaunt and now have a bunch of chains.

north_malaysian
03-13-2010, 03:21 AM
Never go to Italy and eat the pizza.....if you do, you will never eat the crap here in US that some call pizza;D

Do you really eat that stuff?
Yeah.. and I am a pasta lover..... my mum is not an ITalian but her spaghetti bolognese is waaaaay better than those franchised restaurants...

Italianguy
03-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Yeah.. and I am a pasta lover..... my mum is not an ITalian but her spaghetti bolognese is waaaaay better than those franchised restaurants...
Try real Italian food like, Giant stuffed chilis and eggplant parmesan:statisfie The chilis will singe your tounge, but after your numb....it's sooooo good!

I don't get to eat much Italian anymoreimsad I MARRIED AN INDIAN!!! Biryani, chicken tikka marsala, Palak paneer, samosas, naan, ladoos, chapati's, and dosas are the name of the game for me now.lol

CosmicPathos
03-13-2010, 03:30 AM
Racism in Buffalo, NY. Racism in UK. Now some idiotic Francophones in Quebec, Canada are proposing to ban Niqab. I hope the sane Ontarians maintain their sanity.

north_malaysian
03-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Try real Italian food like, Giant stuffed chilis and eggplant parmesan:statisfie The chilis will singe your tounge, but after your numb....it's sooooo good!

I don't get to eat much Italian anymoreimsad I MARRIED AN INDIAN!!! Biryani, chicken tikka marsala, Palak paneer, samosas, naan, ladoos, chapati's, and dosas are the name of the game for me now.lol
So ... I am luckier... my mum cooks Italian, Indian, Chinese, Malaysian, Thai etc.... :D

Italianguy
03-13-2010, 02:32 PM
So ... I am luckier... my mum cooks Italian, Indian, Chinese, Malaysian, Thai etc.... :D
Si` Senior, you are lucky one! Mia madre cooks allot of Italian of course. My wife doesn't know how to cook Italian...she tried once...+o(.

It's ok, I am more used to Indian food now anyway:D

Supreme
03-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Interesting article I read today on racism in America. Soon, it may be whites experiencing racism as they will be in a (very large) minority by 2050:

Two competing narratives dominate our debate about the ongoing ethnic and demographic transformation of America. The first holds that non-European immigrants — O.K., let's be honest, Mexicans — will rip apart the nation's social fabric. The second has it that the diversity of younger generations of Americans will inevitably lead to a more integrated, postracial era.

But both of these narratives are off the mark. With some minor differences, today's immigrants are assimilating into U.S. society in ways not terribly unlike those of millions before them. At the same time, it's likely that decades from now, Americans will still invest a lot of meaning in group distinctions.

The most profound changes in American race relations, however, will revolve around the other side of the equation: native-born white Americans. As much as Americans pride themselves on the notion that their national identity is premised on a set of ideals rather than a single race, ethnicity or religion, we all know that for most of our history, white supremacy was the law of the land. In every naturalization act from 1790 to 1952, Congress included language stating that the aspiring citizen should be a "white person." And not surprisingly, despite the extraordinary progress of the past 50 years, the sense of white proprietorship — "this is our country and our culture" — still has not been completely eradicated. Even though we now have an African-American President, we still tend to treat minorities as parts and whites as representatives of the whole. This, along with the luxury of rarely feeling obliged to think self-consciously about one's racial background, has been one of the perks of belonging to the demographic majority.

But according to the Census Bureau, by 2050 whites will be a minority group in the U.S. How the current majority reacts to its incipient minority status is the most crucial sociodemographic issue facing the country in the decade to come.

The most obvious impact will be political. If California's demographic transformation is any indication — Anglos dropped below 50% of the population there in 2000 — whites elsewhere may increasingly develop a stronger consciousness of their political interests as a group. In 1996, California's white voters overwhelmingly supported Proposition 209, a ballot initiative that sought to eliminate state-sponsored affirmative action, because many of those voters felt that the playing field had begun to tilt against them. That decade, California also passed two other ethnically charged ballot measures, against illegal immigration and bilingual education. It's difficult not to conclude that these initiatives were part of a white backlash against the state's ethnic transformation. However, the very demographic trend that inspired those ballot initiatives has ensured that there haven't been any racially charged propositions since. With so-called minorities outnumbering whites, mainstream politicians have been reluctant to endorse any initiative that would invite a backlash from nonwhites.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...971119,00.html

Argamemnon
03-13-2010, 03:47 PM
To be frank, racism exists in every corner of the planet. In Turkey, a lot of Turks have convinced themselves that they are the "least racist people in the world" or that "racism does not exist in Turkish culture", which can't be further from the truth. Very annoying statement because it's completely untrue. It may have been true that we were less racist during the Ottoman period, but now we are a pretty racist and exclusivist bunch.

Argamemnon
03-13-2010, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
I dislike racism because it's stupid and dangerous, but honestly I also dislike anti-racism. These are fools too.
What do you mean, who are anti-racists? Do you want people to remain silent about racism? Would that be wise?

Argamemnon
03-13-2010, 06:48 PM

P.s. We came from an area where allot of race mixing was prevalent. It was one of the main areas mussolini sent troops to skin people alive for being too dark or mixed breed....
Wow, I can't believe that.. how many 'dark' Italians did he kill?

Supreme
03-13-2010, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
Wow, I can't believe that.. how many 'dark' Italians did he kill?
I can't believe it either. Mussolini was a facist pig, but is there any evidence he ordered this?

Argamemnon
03-13-2010, 07:04 PM
I can't believe it either. Mussolini was a facist pig, but is there any evidence he ordered this?
I believe that he was capable of doing such things, but I can't understand how you can kill your own people because they look different.

Italianguy
03-13-2010, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
I believe that he was capable of doing such things, but I can't understand how you can kill your own people because they look different.
Benito Mussolini, the father of fascism - in retrospect not exactly the century's greatest claim to fame. In its heyday though Italian fascism's economic achievements were at worst respected and at best admired by the rest of the world, and there was no bigger admirer than German dictator Adolf Hitler. Hitler took Mussolini's tenets and applied Nazi ruthlessness to produce a far more rigorous and pervasive fascist state that finally exposed the sterility of the ideology, but not without a sickening human cost.

1938 - Following Hitler's lead, the Italian fascist government passes antisemitic laws discriminating against Jews in all sectors of public and private life and preparing the way for the deportation of thousands of Italian Jews to German death camps during the Second World War. Almost 7,000 Italian Jews will be deported. Of these, 5,910 will be killed.

Mussolini was a pig! My grandparents used to tell me about him:raging:. I can't find where it says he orderd this, but he is more popular for being the father of facism. These types of things happened as part of his government. Carried out by his toadies. Hitler did the same thing in Germany. He killed allot of mixed Germans.

Supreme
03-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Benito Mussolini, the father of fascism - in retrospect not exactly the century's greatest claim to fame. In its heyday though Italian fascism's economic achievements were at worst respected and at best admired by the rest of the world, and there was no bigger admirer than German dictator Adolf Hitler. Hitler took Mussolini's tenets and applied Nazi ruthlessness to produce a far more rigorous and pervasive fascist state that finally exposed the sterility of the ideology, but not without a sickening human cost.

1938 - Following Hitler's lead, the Italian fascist government passes antisemitic laws discriminating against Jews in all sectors of public and private life and preparing the way for the deportation of thousands of Italian Jews to German death camps during the Second World War. Almost 7,000 Italian Jews will be deported. Of these, 5,910 will be killed.

Mussolini was a pig! My grandparents used to tell me about him:raging:. I can't find where it says he orderd this, but he is more popular for being the father of facism. These types of things happened as part of his government. Carried out by his toadies. Hitler did the same thing in Germany. He killed allot of mixed Germans.

Hitler, although admiring Mussolini's ideology, I believe always looked down on Mussolini as an inferior. The Italian army in World War 2 was (no offence), completely pathetic, with the Germans having to save the Axis campaigns in North Africa. And then there's Abyssinia, which Mussolini has gassed. Thousands of innocent impoverished civilians gassed by a coward with a dream of turning Africa into the new Roman Empire.

04/11/2009
03-14-2010, 04:08 AM
The one that sticked and i can clearly remember to this day was when i sent an interest to a pakistani muslim, the next day he replied saying he only wants to marry white,asian,indians, pakistanis etc leaving out all blacks. And on top of that he had the audacity to tell me that he spoke to an african brother to speak to me. The funny thing is that he claimed to be "religious". I don't know how you can be religious, allah fearing and in the same token you judge a person based on their nationality or the color of their skin.

Italianguy
03-14-2010, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 04/11/2009
The one that sticked and i can clearly remember to this day was when i sent an interest to a pakistani muslim, the next day he replied saying he only wants to marry white,asian,indians, pakistanis etc leaving out all blacks. And on top of that he had the audacity to tell me that he spoke to an african brother to speak to me. The funny thing is that he claimed to be "religious". I don't know how you can be religious, allah fearing and in the same token you judge a person based on their nationality or the color of their skin.
I am sorry you had to deal with thatimsad. I think it is a part of some peoples culture as well? But what do I know^o)

Weird enough as it is, my family (Italian....1/4 Palestinian) preffers the men (including me) not to marry white women.....before I get blasted for that, keep in mind it is not my decision! Although, I was never attracted to white women doesn't mean I am racist against them, I have absolutly no problem with whites or caucasions, just my preferance..thats why I married an Indian:D, but....If she were to be of African decent or Middle eastern,(my brother married a Saudi woman) spanish, Turkish or whatever that would have been fine to. I think the most important thing is faith, beauty, brains and everything else are just a bonus:D

Racism stinks, it is sad how the world has become and mostly always has been racistimsad. There is probably nothing that will ever end it. We can all do our part to try though.

theblackcloud
03-14-2010, 05:35 AM
I am sorry you had to deal with thatimsad. I think it is a part of some peoples culture as well? But what do I know^o)

Weird enough as it is, my family (Italian....1/4 Palestinian) preffers the men (including me) not to marry white women.....before I get blasted for that, keep in mind it is not my decision! Although, I was never attracted to white women doesn't mean I am racist against them, I have absolutly no problem with whites or caucasions, just my preferance..thats why I married an Indian:D, but....If she were to be of African decent or Middle eastern,(my brother married a Saudi woman) spanish, Turkish or whatever that would have been fine to. I think the most important thing is faith, beauty, brains and everything else are just a bonus:D

Racism stinks, it is sad how the world has become and mostly always has been racistimsad. There is probably nothing that will ever end it. We can all do our part to try though.
I used to be racist, then I met my very good friend who is from Iraq and I had to stop my racism.

I understand what you mean about not being attracted to white women though. It's the culture. We're Italians, we're olives, man! Italians have always been more open to women from around the world.

Ah, I can still remember my Nono saying to me "Oh, when you bring home a nice woman, I don't care where is she from, ahhh, just make sure she can cook and she is a nice woman!".

I am also Kurdish and Chilean.

islamirama
03-14-2010, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 04/11/2009
Don't be surprised. All these easterns (muslims and non-muslims) dream of marrying either only their own kind or the "great" white people who colonized and enslaved them for centuries. They suffer from inferiority complex. They have creams in their lands to make their own color more "fair", they even prejudiced against their own kind and not marry them because they are "darker". Even among the "islamic" ones, most are bound by their culture and enslaved inferiority complexes to overlook color or nationality unless its their own or their former/current masters.

Italianguy
03-14-2010, 05:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blackcloud
I used to be racist, then I met my very good friend who is from Iraq and I had to stop my racism.

I understand what you mean about not being attracted to white women though. It's the culture. We're Italians, we're olives, man! Italians have always been more open to women from around the world.

Ah, I can still remember my Nono saying to me "Oh, when you bring home a nice woman, I don't care where is she from, ahhh, just make sure she can cook and she is a nice woman!".

I am also Kurdish and Chilean.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!:D:D I am shedding a tear:cry: of happiness! You are Italian! È così grand'incontrarla l'amico! Lei parla l'italiano?

I am sooooo happy! Sono così felice! Finalmente un fratello italiano!

Do you live in America? This country is so lonley sometimes.imsad Even when your surrounded by people...you know what I mean? Italy is no so dark like this place..si`?

Woodrow
03-14-2010, 06:09 AM
Racism is very international. It seems to be one of the favorite past times of us humans.

That does not justify it or make it acceptable. Us humans tend to hate that which we fear and we tend to fear people we do not understands.

Italianguy
03-14-2010, 06:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Racism is very international. It seems to be one of the favorite past times of us humans.

That does not justify it or make it acceptable. Us humans tend to hate that which we fear and we tend to fear people we do not understands.
Very true uncle! How have you been by the way? I pray all is well.

~Taalibah~
03-14-2010, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Racism in Buffalo, NY. Racism in UK. Now some idiotic Francophones in Quebec, Canada are proposing to ban Niqab. I hope the sane Ontarians maintain their sanity.
uh-Huh. Thats bad news.

That what my husband always says, but its difficult to manage it sometimes.:hmm:

~Taalibah~
03-14-2010, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha

I must admit I am quite surprised. I don't really know the history of Namibia but judging from South Africa's history I thought it was one of the worst in the world regarding racism :><:

I really hope your situation improves there sis. May Allah ease your affairs. Ameen :wub:

:wa:
Yes, there is racism in SA but all i know is thats its not like here, as far as experience goes.
In SA you can go to malls, shopping etc and at very least the shop staff will be courteous, whereas here even staff are not. We had to report once, to clicks that their staff was racist (call me a gangster^o)) n got an aplogy.

theblackcloud
03-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Yes, there is racism in SA but all i know is thats its not like here, as far as experience goes.
In SA you can go to malls, shopping etc and at very least the shop staff will be courteous, whereas here even staff are not. We had to report once, to clicks that their staff was racist (call me a gangster^o)) n got an aplogy.
I've always assumed that Muslims in non western countries, some at least, get along with the nationals there because of a "us vs them" complex.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

theblackcloud
03-14-2010, 05:16 PM

It's stupid though. If you're going to hate someone for their skin color, then it's just as rational to hate them for their hair or eye color and I don't have time for that kind of stuff.

~Taalibah~
03-14-2010, 05:17 PM
If someone were racist to me, I would report it to the police as it is against the law.
I'm sorry to say, but the cops dont care. And i mean it.

Ay thats bad man, May Allah Ta'aala reward you for what you went through and make me stronger! I ought to be greatful its not that bad at all.

>Taalib<
03-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Racism is downright stupid and it stems from having pride. We need to live as we have been taught and think about the suffering of our beloved Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and his companoins. Definitely what difficulty we go through is nothing compared to what they went through.

Marrying a person of another Race is entirely upto the individual. Islam recognizes such a thing as Kufw (compatibilty between spouses)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!