/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Lesson Plan

Beardo
03-12-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm teaching (for 45 minutes a week) these group of 9-12 year olds. I was hoping you guys could help in creating a lesson plan with me. Here's the list of subjects and what we'll be covering. I can't use big words, which is a problem. Not that I use big words, but I suppose the basic vocab leaves you as you get older...

In Akhlaaq, we'll be learning the manners of walking.

In Aqeedah, we'll be learning the qualities of Allah (like He is All-Seeing, etc.)

In Hadith, we'll be learning Salaah. "Salaah is the pillar of the deen." (It's really funny. Shows a picture of a pillar called Salaah lol...)

And lastly, in Fiqh, we will be learning the types of Najasaat (impurity). I found that hilarious because everytime I said poo or pee, they'd laugh like heck. :phew I couldn't stop myself either... Which made it all the more funnier for them.

Anyway. Tips? It's a lot to squeeze in 45 minutes with a class of 9-12 year olds. They just wanna share stories and jokes. Like one boy asked me why 6 was afraid of 7. I knew that old n00b joke from ages ago... Cuz 7 8 9! ;D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
03-12-2010, 12:53 AM
45 (Available time) / 4 (Number of subjects) = 11.25 spent on each topic.

Simple! :)

Beardo
03-12-2010, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
45 (Available time) / 4 (Number of subjects) = 11.25 spent on each topic.

Simple! :)
That's very little though. Especially if I want each of them to repeat what they learned. I guess I'll have to do the review at the end of class, in 5 minutes. Leaving 10 minutes per subject.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!