/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Astronaut Sunita accepts Islam

Humbler_359
03-12-2010, 10:37 PM

Astronaut Sunita accepts Islam

Sunita Williams, a US astronaut of Indian origin, who returned to the earth recently after197 days' stay on space station along with her other four crew members, has accepted Islam, according to unconfirmed sources.

Though her embracing Islam has not been officially declared, she and her fellow astronauts were astonished at Holy Kaaba and Masjid-e-Nabubi glowing in the dark.

Sources said, while taking photographs of earth from the spacecraft with the help of powerful telescope they found the complete earth dark except two places - Makkah and Madinah, two famous sites dear to the Muslims.

Sources added that the pictures they took from satellite are very interesting.

Link

MashAllah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-12-2010, 11:30 PM
This is most likely a hoax.

Nimboo
03-13-2010, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
This is most likely a hoax.
Yeh, a bit like Neil Armstrong hearing the Azan on the Moon

Humbler_359
03-13-2010, 12:42 AM
you mean, Makkah-Medinah Satellite hoax or Sunita? can you elaborate it a bit ?

Thanks.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
03-13-2010, 01:00 AM
:sl:

dont' know about the satelite pic , but Sunita so far did not announce about her new faith.

Strzelecki
03-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Let's not be so cynical.
Insha'Allah this is true - she's obviously an incredibly smart woman, so why would it be so surprising for her to embrace the deen?

Muslim Woman
03-13-2010, 02:18 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
, so why would it be so surprising for her to embrace the deen?

many non-Muslims including women are accepting Islam despite the hatred media propaganda. But if the story is untrue , we must not do a publicity of it. Remember the rumour of Micheal Jackson's accepting Islam ? Later Singer Dawud Ali wrote in his site that it's not true that MJ accepted Islam in front of him .

We must remember that anyone accepts Islam glorifies him/herself and not Islam .

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-13-2010, 02:39 AM
No, No, this is probably a fake story...I know when these stories of Sunita surfaced...when she returned from the space. She visited India and was like participating in pooja and I thought she did not accepted Islam, not yet:D. But at the end of the day why are we discussing on her accepting Islam, It is He who gives guidance and misguides...to whomever He wishes.

CosmicPathos
03-13-2010, 03:06 AM
Most probably a false story. The Makkah can be seen from high altitudes because of the albedo of the marble which has been used to construct its floor. Even though sand and deserts have high albedo, that of marble is even more reflective. There is no miracle here. Unless you wanna call reflection of light from white a miracle.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-13-2010, 03:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Most probably a false story. The Makkah can be seen from high altitudes because of the albedo of the marble which has been used to construct its floor. Even though sand and deserts have high albedo, that of marble is even more reflective. There is no miracle here. Unless you wanna call reflection of light from white a miracle.
LOL, I agree with you, brother.

Strzelecki
03-13-2010, 06:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

many non-Muslims including women are accepting Islam despite the hatred media propaganda. But if the story is untrue , we must not do a publicity of it. Remember the rumour of Micheal Jackson's accepting Islam ? Later Singer Dawud Ali wrote in his site that it's not true that MJ accepted Islam in front of him .

We must remember that anyone accepts Islam glorifies him/herself and not Islam .
Given that Michael's brother is Muslim, we cannot say definitely he never embraced Islam. All that suggests is that he didn't do it before Dawud Ali Wharnsby. :)

Also I can't say I understand the last sentence of your post? :S
Isn't every aspect of creation beautiful and by Allah's (swt) will? Anyone can see signs of creation just from walking out one's front door.

I'm just saying, yes, this may be unlikely, but let's not make a judgement either way on this, Neil Armstrong or Michael Jackson, or anyone.

Allahu alim.

Dagless
03-13-2010, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
Sources said, while taking photographs of earth from the spacecraft with the help of powerful telescope they found the complete earth dark except two places - Makkah and Madinah, two famous sites dear to the Muslims.
Why would a spacecraft be carrying a powerful telescope? It wouldn't is the answer.

Strzelecki
03-13-2010, 12:57 PM
You sure?
How do you know this?

Dagless
03-13-2010, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
You sure?
How do you know this?
Well I don't "know" it, the same way I don't know if they carry a few 20 kilo weights up with them in case they want to do some bench presses... but I can take an educated guess.

We've all seen spacecraft (in documentaries, on the news, in magazines, maybe some of us even at Kennedy), but has anyone ever noticed a telescope mounted on one? The cost of taking equipment into space is huge and I doubt they would waste their quota carrying a single item of that size which was not absolutely necessary.

Insaanah
03-13-2010, 01:16 PM
If they stayed in space for 197 days, and have returned recently, then the photo in the post is not one they took while in space. Most of the hotels on the right hand side of the photo have been demolished for nearly two years, and the area has been completely flat since then.
:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!