/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Burial of my Father, Allah Yerhamo

Muslimah91
03-13-2010, 04:37 PM
:sl:

I lost my dear and loving father in late November. My mother and I wanted him to be buried in his home country overseas, but the people who were with us told us to bury him here. I really wish to know if we can take his body to his homeland overseas after his burial?:cry: It makes me so sad that if we were all to move from here, we would leave him alone in this country :cry:

I also had some general questions about the soul...can it watch over us? What exactly does the Quar'an say about the soul?

Wasalaam, and thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
03-13-2010, 04:47 PM

innna lillahe wainna lillahe rajeun . sis , i am very sorry to know about your father . May Allah grant him paradise.

About move his body after burial , pl. talk to an Imam.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Sorry about your loss. Maybe you should talk to a Sheikh...And I don't think a soul can watch over their loved ones because it goes off to the skies...And it is a soul after all not a Supreme Being to watch the earth which is very very distant...

Muslim Woman
03-13-2010, 05:27 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah91

What exactly does the Quar'an say about the soul?

And they ask you (O Muhammad) concerning the Ruh (the Spirit): say the Ruh (the Spirit) is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge you (mankind) have been given only a little.[17:85].

..... Sheikh Faisal Mawlawi, Deputy Chairman of the European Council for Fatwa and Research, states:

“Dead people don’t know what takes place in the life of the living, for they are existing in a different world. Yet, it’s reported that the dead person hears the sound of the people’s footsteps when they leave the cemetery after the burial. Also, on the Day of the Badr the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, addressed the dead amongst the disbelievers.

We can say that all these narrations refer to the close period to the burial. But, after that phase of time the dead person transfers to another world in which he can never feel what is going on the earth.

This is based on the Qur’anic verse: “But you cannot make hear those who are in graves.” (Fatir: 22)”

http://www.islamawareness.net/Death/death_fatwa016.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-14-2010, 04:10 AM
Inna lillah wa'inna ilyhi raji3oon...
pls accept my deepest condolences sister..

you maybe interested in this book. it is free to download

[A+] [A-]
The Soul's Journey After Death

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

This important book covers an area about which most people have very little knowledge but which is at the same time, of vital interest to all human beings. It outlines what happens to the human soul from the moment of death until the arrival of the Day of Judgement.
It describes the death profess itself, the exact relationship of the soul to the body, the states of the soul after it leaves this world, and the nature of the ongoing relationship between the dead and those who are still alive. Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah was born into a scholarly and virtuous family in 691 AH/ 1292 A.D. At that time Damascus was a centre of literature and thought. Many schools were located there and he studied and graduated under the protection, direction and sponsorship of his father. He was particularly influenced by his Shaykh and teacher Ahmad b. Taymiyyah, and also by Ibn ash-Shirazi amongst others. Layla Mabrouk, an eminent, contemporary, Egyptian scholar has skillfully abridged a classic work by the well know scholar.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!