/* */

PDA

View Full Version : am i waisting my time?

cat eyes
03-13-2010, 05:00 PM
:wa: so heres my worry brothers and and sisters

my friend seems to strongly believe that im waisting precious time helping and giving dawah to muslims online

well am i?imsad i know all you can do is give them a fatwa and hope that they will read it but she said people who use forums are dummies and people who come here to seek advice are also dummies

i personally have learnt alot since joining and i come with the intention of changing some one for the better

and i stil have time for islamic studies

I dont get why she acted so strongly towards it? :s
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
-Fallen Angel-
03-13-2010, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:wa: so heres my worry brothers and and sisters

my friend seems to strongly believe that im waisting precious time helping and giving dawah to muslims online

well am i?imsad i know all you can do is give them a fatwa and hope that they will read it but she said people who use forums are dummies and people who come here to seek advice are also dummies

i personally have learnt alot since joining and i come with the intention of changing some one for the better

and i stil have time for islamic studies

I dont get why she acted so strongly towards it? :s
Salaam sister
From what i understand, your friend is either very ignorant who does not want you to help people and has an attitude where she believes anybody who seeks help is dumb, or is jealous that you are helping people (or even trying to) and have such a caring nature.
First and formost, you should not take into account what such people say, as you are only doing it to help people and if anybody tells you that you are wasting time, then they are no good.
If you do enjoy helping people here, then you should not care about what she says and tell her to mind her own business, however if you feel that people are needy and you can't carry on then you can stop, choice is yours, but helping people and spreading knowledge of Islam makes Allah happy and wouldn't you want to do that?
Also, is your fiend Muslim?

I didn't know cats could use computers :ooh:

kurdcall
03-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Salam,

You are doing something for the sake of pleasing Allah, comforting your heart, and trying to rescue people from the hellfire that's ahead. Don't be so sure it will go smooth - In this work you may have one lover but you will have 100's of enemies. The messengers did it harder than you. Instead of just words like "you're wasting your time", they got physical hurt. But their believe in Allah made them take this destiny up until they left this known world.

Of course your strength is not near theirs, but you can take and be on their pathway.

Remember, at the same time you're doing this work, you're building yourself a stronger believe which you will need at the moment of exiting this world and entering the other. The strong believers will not have fear nor they will cry at that moment.

Also,
When you try to say something subjecting the believe:
Know what you are saying and you're 100% correct of the saying.
How to say it concerning the mind set of the listener.
When to say it filling the sentences that needs this type of saying.
Where to say it so that your sayings will always have its value.

May Allah be with you,

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Aslaamu`alaaykum sis...

No your not wasting time, as if your gaining knowledge, Knowledge can be seeken from many places, such as the Internet, Books, etc..

However, that is your friends opinion, her way of thinking, i also know people who think the same way as your friend.
about seeking advice from forums is not ridiculous either, some people dont have a lot islamic places nearby where they can talk about, and ask questions even personal, on here they are able to ask all questions and wont have to be soo shy as some would face to face with someone and InshaAllaah recieving a good reply. Personally myself, i have learnt a lot , and i mean A LOT...

Part of your precious time is usually known as gaining knowledge indeed. so your not doing anything wrong sis. and certainly not when your helping out and giving Dawah, atleast the right way ofcourse Alhamdulilah...and if your able to, then do it outside of computer life InshaAllaah lol..hope that makes some sense : \

People who use forums are dummies? SubhanaAllaah thats not truee, your intention and purpous is true, like to learn something, to help others etc then your not a dummy, however, you cant just make judgements like that ,thats wrong...

According to my understanding its just her opinion based on what shes heard etc... Allahu`Alam..

Wa alaaykum Salaam...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
03-13-2010, 09:02 PM
:wa:

The answer is not a clear no or yes. I agree with her to some extent.

Firstly, time is precious and we should take care not to waste it idly whether online or offline. People tend to waste lot of time offline as well and not just sitting online all day.

As far as forums go, the people who use it fall into three categories.
1. idle time wasters
2. constructive time utilizers
3. in between the first two

The idle time wasters are the ones who do not benefit from selves from here. These are the people that go about posting in threads like some jokes, humor, chit chat, games and what not. Also the ones who like will always say something on every thread because they HAVE to have their input in, whether it is needed or not. Who are these people? ask yourself at end of the day or when you get up, what have you gained from this sessions? Did any of it actually benefit you in this duniya or akhira?

The 2nd type are the ones who come to post relevant information for others, post replies to those seeking answers and engage in constructive discussions that actually lead to some where. This is not to mistake with those who reply to someone's plea for help and then end up wasting time coming to same thread to reply to more people when the purpose of the thread as been met or those think who think they are engaged in good discussions and doing a good job when all it is a time wasting leading to know where, but they are eluded of that fact by the whispering of the shaytan. I put useless discussions with non-muslims over some topics in there area as well.

For example, the evolution topic. We know where islam stands and where others stand, we can post the islamic perspective on it, debate with others the difference and what we believe. But to continue endlessly debating with others is waste of time, obviously they have their believes and we ours, no one is going to be convincing the other in anyway. If someone wants to pursue further knowledge, they will be apparent from their questions or they will seek to with request for more info not fruitless debates. These threads go up to 300+ posts and if you read through it, how much was really worth reading?

Third type is the mixture of the two. They chit chat, joke, general talk, socialize, and also post on islam related stuff. how much does it benefit them depends on which of these things take up most of their time. Are you benefit or others benefiting you more or are you wasting time idling in other threads wasting your time away?

Of course there are your additives too. They may think they are benefiting from here but really who are you kidding? No need to justify to us but ask yourself, how much have you really helped your duniya or akhirah from your time spent here, what else could you have done if not sitting here most of your day?

Forums in itself are not bad, but what you do on them, how much time you spend on them vs doing something productive and constructive in your life, and other such factors are worth pondering over. Then ask yourself at end of each day, how much did you benefit today from it, and how much was a waste? be honest with yourself....

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-13-2010, 11:33 PM
^ i Agree. aslong as you dont totally sit on computer online..gluing yourself to it ...

MuslimDude
03-14-2010, 12:35 PM
May allah reward you for all your work brother

Cabdullahi
03-14-2010, 12:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimDude
May allah reward our irish brother !

Ameen

:hiding:

Cabdullahi
03-14-2010, 01:00 PM
If you share one hadith or one ayah with someone and the same is done to you why would that be a waste of time?

It's what you do that will either be wasteful or beneficial

cat eyes
03-14-2010, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UnhappyD:
Salaam sister
From what i understand, your friend is either very ignorant who does not want you to help people and has an attitude where she believes anybody who seeks help is dumb, or is jealous that you are helping people (or even trying to) and have such a caring nature.
First and formost, you should not take into account what such people say, as you are only doing it to help people and if anybody tells you that you are wasting time, then they are no good.
If you do enjoy helping people here, then you should not care about what she says and tell her to mind her own business, however if you feel that people are needy and you can't carry on then you can stop, choice is yours, but helping people and spreading knowledge of Islam makes Allah happy and wouldn't you want to do that?
Also, is your fiend Muslim?

I didn't know cats could use computers :ooh:
:sl:well all i know is that she use to use forums when she was not practicing and she said it did not do anything for her really and its just the same as any other chat room with loads of fitnah.

thanks for replying brother

and im one of those advanced cats i guess :embarrass

cat eyes
03-14-2010, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kurdcall
Salam,

You are doing something for the sake of pleasing Allah, comforting your heart, and trying to rescue people from the hellfire that's ahead. Don't be so sure it will go smooth - In this work you may have one lover but you will have 100's of enemies. The messengers did it harder than you. Instead of just words like "you're wasting your time", they got physical hurt. But their believe in Allah made them take this destiny up until they left this known world.

Of course your strength is not near theirs, but you can take and be on their pathway.

Remember, at the same time you're doing this work, you're building yourself a stronger believe which you will need at the moment of exiting this world and entering the other. The strong believers will not have fear nor they will cry at that moment.

Also,
When you try to say something subjecting the believe:
Know what you are saying and you're 100% correct of the saying.
How to say it concerning the mind set of the listener.
When to say it filling the sentences that needs this type of saying.
Where to say it so that your sayings will always have its value.

May Allah be with you,
jazakallah brother inshallah i am doing i dont get to give dawah face to face not very often so what am i meant to do?imsad

cat eyes
03-14-2010, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
Aslaamu`alaaykum sis...

No your not wasting time, as if your gaining knowledge, Knowledge can be seeken from many places, such as the Internet, Books, etc..

However, that is your friends opinion, her way of thinking, i also know people who think the same way as your friend.
about seeking advice from forums is not ridiculous either, some people dont have a lot islamic places nearby where they can talk about, and ask questions even personal, on here they are able to ask all questions and wont have to be soo shy as some would face to face with someone and InshaAllaah recieving a good reply. Personally myself, i have learnt a lot , and i mean A LOT...

Part of your precious time is usually known as gaining knowledge indeed. so your not doing anything wrong sis. and certainly not when your helping out and giving Dawah, atleast the right way ofcourse Alhamdulilah...and if your able to, then do it outside of computer life InshaAllaah lol..hope that makes some sense : \

People who use forums are dummies? SubhanaAllaah thats not truee, your intention and purpous is true, like to learn something, to help others etc then your not a dummy, however, you cant just make judgements like that ,thats wrong...

According to my understanding its just her opinion based on what shes heard etc... Allahu`Alam..

Wa alaaykum Salaam...
jazakallah sister for your kind words :sunny:

cat eyes
03-14-2010, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama

The answer is not a clear no or yes. I agree with her to some extent.

Firstly, time is precious and we should take care not to waste it idly whether online or offline. People tend to waste lot of time offline as well and not just sitting online all day.

As far as forums go, the people who use it fall into three categories.
1. idle time wasters
2. constructive time utilizers
3. in between the first two

The idle time wasters are the ones who do not benefit from selves from here. These are the people that go about posting in threads like some jokes, humor, chit chat, games and what not. Also the ones who like will always say something on every thread because they HAVE to have their input in, whether it is needed or not. Who are these people? ask yourself at end of the day or when you get up, what have you gained from this sessions? Did any of it actually benefit you in this duniya or akhira?

The 2nd type are the ones who come to post relevant information for others, post replies to those seeking answers and engage in constructive discussions that actually lead to some where. This is not to mistake with those who reply to someone's plea for help and then end up wasting time coming to same thread to reply to more people when the purpose of the thread as been met or those think who think they are engaged in good discussions and doing a good job when all it is a time wasting leading to know where, but they are eluded of that fact by the whispering of the shaytan. I put useless discussions with non-muslims over some topics in there area as well.

For example, the evolution topic. We know where islam stands and where others stand, we can post the islamic perspective on it, debate with others the difference and what we believe. But to continue endlessly debating with others is waste of time, obviously they have their believes and we ours, no one is going to be convincing the other in anyway. If someone wants to pursue further knowledge, they will be apparent from their questions or they will seek to with request for more info not fruitless debates. These threads go up to 300+ posts and if you read through it, how much was really worth reading?

Third type is the mixture of the two. They chit chat, joke, general talk, socialize, and also post on islam related stuff. how much does it benefit them depends on which of these things take up most of their time. Are you benefit or others benefiting you more or are you wasting time idling in other threads wasting your time away?

Of course there are your additives too. They may think they are benefiting from here but really who are you kidding? No need to justify to us but ask yourself, how much have you really helped your duniya or akhirah from your time spent here, what else could you have done if not sitting here most of your day?

Forums in itself are not bad, but what you do on them, how much time you spend on them vs doing something productive and constructive in your life, and other such factors are worth pondering over. Then ask yourself at end of each day, how much did you benefit today from it, and how much was a waste? be honest with yourself....
:wa:brother thanks for taking the time to type that very long post. your ight i have thought long and hard about whether im waisting my time or not and i have sincerly checked my intention and i really want chance to help people on the right path, my knowledge might be weak then others but im slowly learning myself

cat eyes
03-14-2010, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimDude
correction: sister :embarrass

thank you

tigerkhan
03-15-2010, 01:20 PM
i just want to say one thing.....
for learning islam and strenghting ur eman, the most effestive are the halqa/gathering or dawa and dars/lectures/classes. bcz its come in one HAdith....the most benefical things that give strenth to ur deen is gathering for ZikarAllah (all halqa/gathering or dawa and dars/lectures/classes comes in this) and when u r alone, also be in zikar.
so if any1 missed these things bcz of this forum, then maybe he/she is wasting time..
however if some1 want to utilize his/her spare time then its is not wastage of time, its useful but within limits.
JZK

cat eyes
03-15-2010, 01:37 PM
:wa: jazakAllah brother

i go to halqa gathering every week end, one at my friends place and another one is held at the mosque. my imaan strenghtens when i attend them

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!