/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quick question...

MoeeTee
03-14-2010, 07:14 AM
Please don't make me feel like crap... I already do for asking.

Is it a MUST to pray close to the prayer times or if you miss it...and can you make them up before the day ends?

My mother said I like to do the last prayer at night helps me make me very calm and I shower and sleep...

my 13yr old brother said as long as you pray 5x a day within the day...

your thoughts please

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
03-14-2010, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MoeeTee

Is it a MUST to pray close to the prayer times or if you miss it...and can you make them up before the day ends?

My mother said I like to do the last prayer at night helps me make me very calm and I shower and sleep...

your thoughts please
Nothing wrong with asking bro, we're all learning.

It isn't a must but you should aim to pray the prayers on time, as delaying them till the next prayer is really bad. Maghrib should be prayed close to its actual time as it finishes quickly.

You should never deliberately miss any prayer as this is haraam and a big sin. If you do miss any you should aim to pray them as soon as possible.

Don't listen to your younger brother, teach him about praying on time.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-15-2010, 01:28 AM
:sl:
it is really important to pray your five in their allocated times.

Italianguy
03-15-2010, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
:sl:
it is really important to pray your five in their allocated times.
What are the allocated times?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
03-15-2010, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Before sunrise the early morning prayer = Fajar prayer

Afternoon prayer when the sun declines from it's highest point = Dhur Prayer

Late afternon prayer when the shadow of an object is equal it's size = Asr prayer

Sunset prayer when the sun sets = Maghrib prayer

The late evening prayer. = Isha prayer

Salahudeen
03-15-2010, 01:40 AM

your thoughts please

It is of upmost importance you pray on time,

"woe to those who are negligent in their prayers".

negligent means they don't pray on time.

islamirama
03-15-2010, 01:40 AM
It varies throughout the year as days/nights get longer and shorter. Normally goes like this

Fajr (dawn prayer) starts from drawn and finish before sunrise
Dhur/Zhur (noon prayer) starts after sun passes zenith point, ends toward later part of afternoon
Asr starts when dhur ends or rather usually when half the day has gone by
Magreb (evening prayer) starts after sunset and has a short window of 30min -1 hr
Isha (night prayer) starts at night (usually 1hr to 2hrs after sunset) and can be prayed till midnight, some say even till before fajr time

you can go to www.islamicfinder.org and type your zipcode in and it'll tell you more accurate time window for each one.

Woodrow
03-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Kind of mhard to give specific times that would be applicable world wide. But essentially the times are:

Fajr (pre-dawn): This prayer starts off the day with the remembrance of God; it is performed before sunrise.

Dhuhr (noon): After the day's work has begun, one breaks shortly after noon to again remember God and seek His guidance.

Asr (afternoon): In the late afternoon, people are usually busy wrapping up the day's work, getting kids home from school, etc. It is an important time to take a few minutes to remember God and the greater meaning of our lives.

Maghrib (sunset): Just after the sun goes down, Muslims remember God again as the day begins to come to a close.

'Isha (evening): Before retiring for the night, Muslims again take time to remember God's presence, guidance, mercy, and forgiveness.

The specific time is based on the position of the sun and the times of sunrise and sunset. To get the exact time for a given locality, it is best to check the time schedule with the nearest Mosque. The time will differ from day to day as the days get longer or shorter.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-15-2010, 01:50 AM
1)The Time for dhuhr:
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time for Zuhr is from when the sun has passed its zenith and a man’s shadow is equal in length to his height, until the time for ‘Asr comes.” So the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) defined the start and the end of the time for Zuhr:

The start of the time for Zuhr is when the sun has passed its zenith i.e., has passed the highest part of the sky and started to descend towards the west.
2) The Time for Asr
We know that the time for ‘Asr begins when the time for Zuhr ends, i.e., when the length of an object’s shadow becomes equal to the length of the object itself.
3) The Time for Maghrib
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time for Maghrib lasts until the twilight has faded.”

i.e., the time for Maghrib starts immediately after the time for ‘Asr ends, which is when the sun sets, until the twilight or red afterglow has faded. When the red afterglow has disappeared from the sky, the time for Maghrib ends and the time for ‘Isha’ begins. Defining this time by the clock varies according to the season. When you see that the red afterglow has disappeared from the horizon, this is a sign that the time for Maghrib has ended.
4) The Time for Ishaa
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time for ‘Isha’ lasts until midnight.”

So the time for ‘Isha’ begins immediately after the time for Maghrib ends (i.e., when the red afterglow disappears from the sky) until midnight.
5) The Time for Fajr
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time for Subh (Fajr) prayer lasts from the beginning of the pre-dawn so long as the sun has not yet started to rise.
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/9940/prayer%20times

so, depending on where one is, as well as day light saving, etc dhuhr maybe around 1.00pm-5.00pm... asr: 5.00pm-8.00pm, maghrib: 8.00pm-10.00pm Ishaa 10.00-12.30am and fajr 5.00am- 6.30am

Grace Seeker
03-15-2010, 08:57 PM
I read that the time for _________ prayer is marked by a certain point of the sun (and then this next seeming important word occured in almost every description) until the next point of the sun. Does this mean that the prayer can be offered any time during that larger time period, or is it required to be at the beginning of that time period.

islamirama
03-15-2010, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
I read that the time for _________ prayer is marked by a certain point of the sun (and then this next seeming important word occured in almost every description) until the next point of the sun. Does this mean that the prayer can be offered any time during that larger time period, or is it required to be at the beginning of that time period.
One can pray anytime in the given time window of that prayer but it is more rewarding and meritous to offer prayer at its given time. Prophet Muhammad (S) said the best prayer is one done on time.

revert2007
03-15-2010, 10:58 PM
the best is to pray on time and i know many delay their ishaa prayer till midnight but this is bidah..at midnight till fajr ur suppose to be doing night prayers and not ishaa...

Hamza Asadullah
03-19-2010, 03:43 AM

your thoughts please
:sl: my brother each Salaah MUST be prayed at their allocated times and not delayed for delaying Salaah beyond their prescribed times without a valid reason is a major sin and is if done persistantly is also punishable by Allah. So ALWAYS read each Salaah at its prescribed time throught the day and NEVER delay.

Here is a short story which is relevant to this topic:

There were only 15 minutes left before Salat-ul Isha. He quickly made Wudhu and performed Salat-ul Maghrib.

While making Tasbih, he again remembered his grandmother and was embarrassed by how he had prayed.His grandmother prayed with such tranquillity and peace. He began making Dua and went down to make Sajdah and stayed like that for a while.

He had been at work all day and was tired, so tired.He awoke abruptly to the sound of noise and shouting.

He was sweating profusely.

He looked around.

It was very crowded.

Every direction he looked in was filled with people.

Some stood frozen looking around, some were running left and right and some were on their knees with their heads in their hands just waiting.

Pure fear and apprehension filled him as he realized where he was.

His heart was about to burst.

It was the Day of Judgment.

When he was alive, he had heard many things about the questioning on the

Day of Judgment, but that seemed so long ago..

Could this be something his mind made up?

No, the wait and the fear were so great that he could not have imagined this.

The interrogation was still going on.

He began moving frantically from people to people to ask if his name had been called.

No one could answer him.

All of a sudden his name was called and the crowd split into two and made a passageway for him.

Two angels grabbed his arms and led him forward.

He walked with unknowing eyes through the crowd.

The angels brought him to the centre and left him there.

His head was bent down and his whole life was passing in front of his eyes like a movie.

He opened his eyes but saw only another world.

The people were all helping others.

He saw his father running from one lecture to the other, spending his wealth in the way of Islam.

His mother invited guests to their house and one table was being set while the other was being cleared.

He pleaded his case,

'I too was always on this path..

I helped others.

I spread the word of Allah.

I performed my Salah.

I fasted in the month of Ramadhan.

Whatever Allah ordered us to do, I did.

Whatever he ordered us not to do, I did not.'

He began to cry and think about how much he loved Allah.

He knew that whatever he had done in life would be less than what Allah deserved and his only protector was Allah He was sweating like never before and was shaking all over.

His eyes were fixed on the scale, waiting for the final decision.

At last, the decision was made.

The two angels with sheets of paper in their hands, turned to the crowd.

His legs felt like they were going to collapse.

He closed his eyes as they began

To read the names of those people who were to enter Jahannam.

His name was read first.

He fell on his knees and yelled that this couldn't be,

'How could I go to Jahannam?

I served others all my life,

I spread the word of Allah to others'.

His eyes had become blurry and he was shaking with sweat.

The two angels took him by the arms.

As his feet dragged, they went through the crowd and advanced toward the blazing flames of Jahannam.

He was yelling and wondered if there was any person who was going to help him.

He was yelling of all the good deeds he had done, how he had helped his father, his fasts, prayers, the Noble Qur'an that he read, he was asking if none of them would help him.

The Jahannam angels continued to drag him.

They had gotten closer to the Hellfire.

He looked back and these were his last pleas.

Had not Rasulullah [S.A.W.W.] said,

'How clean would a person be who bathes in a river five times a day, so too does the Salah performed five times cleanse someone of their sins'?

He began yelling,

'My prayers? My prayers? My prayers.?'

The two angels did not stop, and they came to the edge of the abyss of Jahannam.

The flames of the fire were burning his face.

He looked back one last time, but his eyes were dry of hope and he had nothing left in him.

One of the angels pushed him in.

He found himself in the air and falling towards the flames.

He had just fallen five or six feet when a hand grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back.

He lifted his head and saw an old man with a long white beard.

He wiped some dust off himself and asked him,

'Who are you?'

The old man replied,

'I am your prayers'.

'Why are you so late! I was almost in the Fire! You rescued me at the last minute before I fell in'.

The old man smiled and shook his head,

'You always performed me at the last minute, did you forget?'

At that instant, he blinked and lifted his head from Sajdah.

He was in a sweat.

He listened to the voices coming from outside.

He heard the Adhan for Salat-ul Isha.

He got up quickly and went to perform Wudhu.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!