/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asalamualaykum wa Rahmatullahe wa Barakatu

bahareh
03-14-2010, 09:35 AM
I am an Iranian-American, who had no knowledge of Islam up until 6 months ago. My family considers themselves Shi'as but do not practice at all and never spoke to me about religion. I met my husband and he taught me about Islam and the beliefs which made perfect sense to me and I accepted it. I then took my shahadah and began to wear the hijab while he taught me how to pray. I still haven't completely learned how to pray, we didn't pray for most of our marriage just sometimes. He was always advising me and correct me when I was doing wrong yet he did a lot of wrong himself. He abused me and then tried to control me. I fled from him twice this time, inshAllah it is permanent. I know that this is not Islam and that a true Muslim would not act the way he did. Now I am in a different state in the U.S. which I grew up in until I feel safe enough to go back to the area I was living. This place I am at now is very diabolic and all the people I grew up with are drinking, smoking, clubbing, etc. When I came here I took off my hijab imsad. I want to wear it again, and keep learning about Islam but I'm so depressed and weak from the abuse of my husband, it's left me so confused. I don't know any muslims, inshAllah I can meet some good sisters to help me to allow Allah to guide me to the straight path before I go back to the way I was.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
03-14-2010, 09:58 AM
:sl:

Yes try to meet some practising sisters as they can help alot. But for now you have to start praying your salah, the islamic way not shia, because leaving your prayers can bring you out of islam. Then start dressing islamically and so on, InshAllah you'll get there.

Misz_Muslimah
03-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Welcome to the forum sister! :)

Strzelecki
03-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Wa3alaykum salaam sister.
May Allah (swt) continue to guide you. Ameen!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!