/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need some advise.. my mum seems to like going to church

AlexJ90
03-14-2010, 11:52 AM
my mum is a muslim, and says her prayers on time etc.

But recently she has been keen on visiting the church and asking God for her prayers to be answered?

Is that wrong? for a muslim
she also believes to pray to jesus as she believes he can help her prayers be answered by Allah.

please advise.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
happy
03-14-2010, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlexIslam

But recently she has been keen on visiting the church and asking God for her prayers to be answered?

she also believes to pray to jesus as she believes he can help her prayers be answered by Allah.

please advise.
Praying to other than Allah is shirk(associating partner with Allah) and it is not allowed in islam.Tell yor mum that jesus was prophet and human being and he cannot benefit her also make dua to Allah as this is the things that Allah hates the most.

There is alot of ayat in the that talks about shirk and the danger that shirk can lead to which is hellfire.

aadil77
03-14-2010, 10:24 PM

please advise.
Yh brother this is seriously wrong, is she a former christian?

She might be doing this out of desperation, tell her that no man can help get her prayers answered, its purely up to Allah - no one has the power to influence Allahs decision on whether to accept prayers or not.

This is a trial for her, prayers don't always get answered straight away, she has to learn to not give up hope, keep praying and not try other deviant acts of worship. By praying to prophet Jesus she is commiting massive sins, she needs to stop right away and ask for forgiveness.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-15-2010, 01:25 AM
:sl:
you need to advise and pray for your mum. does she mention any particular reason she likes going? have you taken her to a masjid? do she live in a largely christian/non-Muslim area?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AlexJ90
03-15-2010, 01:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Yh brother this is seriously wrong, is she a former christian?

She might be doing this out of desperation, tell her that no man can help get her prayers answered, its purely up to Allah - no one has the power to influence Allahs decision on whether to accept prayers or not.

This is a trial for her, prayers don't always get answered straight away, she has to learn to not give up hope, keep praying and not try other deviant acts of worship. By praying to prophet Jesus she is commiting massive sins, she needs to stop right away and ask for forgiveness.

Yeah i know. I ask her why she does, she says her friend advised her to go to church and make a prayer, which she did and her prayer was answered very quickly. Ever since it has, she places great emphasis on the church, and when i ask her who she prays to she says Allah (God), but also asks Jesus to help get her prayers answered.

Its akward i know...

i would like these questions answered

isit wrong for a muslim to VISIT a church and pray to Allah?

isit wrong to ask Jesus for help as well as Allah?

Muslim Woman
03-15-2010, 01:50 AM

[QUOTE=AlexIslam;1305295]pray to jesus QUOTE]

Pray to Jesus or Muhammed pbut is considered as shrik/ blasphemy . It's a must to pray to God only and Jesus pbuh and other Prophets were
servants of God. Why pray to servant instead of their Master ??

Muslim Woman
03-15-2010, 01:55 AM

is it wrong to ask Jesus for help as well as Allah?

yes ; it's the most major sin . Only punishment is eternal fire.

“And they set up rivals to Allaah, to mislead (people) from His path! Say (O Muhammad, to the polytheists): ‘Enjoy (your brief life)! But certainly, your destination is the Fire!’” [Quran 14:30]

“And of mankind are some who take (for worship) others besides Allaah as rivals. They love them as they love Allaah.” [Quran 2:165]

Ummu Sufyaan
03-15-2010, 02:02 AM
Yeah i know. I ask her why she does, she says her friend advised her to go to church and make a prayer, which she did and her prayer was answered very quickly. Ever since it has, she places great emphasis on the church, and when i ask her who she prays to she says Allah (God), but also asks Jesus to help get her prayers answered.

Its akward i know...

i would like these questions answered

isit wrong for a muslim to VISIT a church and pray to Allah?

isit wrong to ask Jesus for help as well as Allah?
even if it was permissible (which i dont know what the ruling is) you should try your best to discourage it as it may soften her heart to Christianity.

you might also like to tell her that your dua may not be answered due to who you ask, but how you ask
http://iskandrani.wordpress.com/2009...tion-answered/

and also this is also a really good link she ought to read.

AlexJ90
03-15-2010, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

yes ; it's the most major sin . Only punishment is eternal fire.
so your telling me one would be in hell forever if they ask Jesus AND Allah for a prayer to be answered?

wow..

what if they are not intentionally associating partners with Allah. what if they just respect the prophet pbuh and just make a prayer to him.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-15-2010, 02:04 AM
^you can respect a Prophet withOUT directing worship to him. dont forget there are extremes.

also
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned us, according to the report narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim, ‘Do not praise me as the Christians praised ‘Eesa ibn Maryam, I am the slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’ Rather the way to venerate him and love him is by following his Sunnah and establishing his religion and rejecting all the myths that the ignorant attribute to him. But most of the people do not do this, and they occupy themselves with this exaggeration and praise which leads them to commit major shirk.”
and
It is not permissible to call upon anyone other than Allaah, whether at times of ease or times of hardship, no matter how great the status of the one who is called upon, even if he is a Prophet who is close to Allaah, or one of the angels, because du’aa’ is a form of worship.
both from here

AlexJ90
03-15-2010, 02:06 AM
ok how about my first question

can a muslim pray to ALLAH only, at a church?

islamirama
03-15-2010, 02:20 AM

There's a reason we have mosques....

check out: Ruling on a Muslim entering a church.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-15-2010, 02:20 AM
ok how about my first question

here's something similar.

north_malaysian
03-15-2010, 02:52 AM
is she pray to Jesus or pray for Jesus?

revert2007
03-16-2010, 01:31 AM
ask her not to do that..am not sure id she needs to take her shahadah again .Allahu alam

Hamza Asadullah
03-16-2010, 04:00 AM

please advise.
:sl: there is a difference of opinion whether a Muslim is allowed to enter a church or not but it is certainly disliked. It may be permissable if one is going to the church to call others to Islam but certainly not to pray there for churches are the places of idols and where Jesus is worshipped alongside God.

In your mothers case i would suggest you do whatever you can to deter her from going to the church because it seems that she is slowly getting influenced by Christian practices and soon may even accept them wholeheartedly to be the truth. You must contact a local reliable scholar immediatley and take your mother to him so that this issue is resolved othrwise it will be too late. May Allah save her from getting absorbed into this false religion. Ameen

:wa:

Eric H
03-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Blessings and peace be with you AlexIslam;
she says her friend advised her to go to church and make a prayer, which she did and her prayer was answered very quickly.
The same God hears all our prayers, and he seems to confound us in the way he responds to us. You might think that if God did not want your mother to go into a church, then he would not answer her prayer, in a way that she would recognise.

I have read how God has responded to brother Woodrow, when he was struggling with life, this should cause me problems as a Christian.

Somehow God has to be greater than the sum of all the religions put together, somehow he seems to answer each of us in some way, when we respond to his will.

In the spirit of searching for God, blessings and peace be with you all

Eric

AlexJ90
03-18-2010, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Blessings and peace be with you AlexIslam;

The same God hears all our prayers, and he seems to confound us in the way he responds to us. You might think that if God did not want your mother to go into a church, then he would not answer her prayer, in a way that she would recognise.

I have read how God has responded to brother Woodrow, when he was struggling with life, this should cause me problems as a Christian.

Somehow God has to be greater than the sum of all the religions put together, somehow he seems to answer each of us in some way, when we respond to his will.

In the spirit of searching for God, blessings and peace be with you all

Eric

Thanks for the reply. Brother in my opinion, wherever you pray it does not matter, you are talking to your God. However, personally i would not enter and pray at a church, only because a large majority of christians use that a place of worship to the PROPHET Jesus, as their GOD, which is illogical, as nowhere in the bible does it state JESUS IS GOD.
However thanks for the replies..
appreciate it

Hamza Asadullah
03-19-2010, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the reply. Brother in my opinion, wherever you pray it does not matter, you are talking to your God. However, personally i would not enter and pray at a church, only because a large majority of christians use that a place of worship to the PROPHET Jesus, as their GOD, which is illogical, as nowhere in the bible does it state JESUS IS GOD.
However thanks for the replies..
appreciate it
:sl: The house of Allah is the Masjid and the Church is the house where the trinity is worshipped so it cannot be called the house of God according to Muslims for it contains idols and images which started from Constantine. Your mother must be deterred from visiting the church at all costs. If you need help with getting hold of a scholar then i can try and get hold of one for you to contact in order to give you the right scholarly advice on this matter. :wa:

AlexJ90
06-03-2010, 12:47 PM
sorry to bump this thread i made a while ago.. but i need help.. she just isn't listening to me.. are there any quran verses that anyone can mention ..so i can show her exactly how wrong this is?..

please ... i need advice.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-03-2010, 01:04 PM
get someone to talk to her??? make dua for her.

glo
06-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Have you asked your mum why she likes going to church instead of praying at home or at mosque?

I remember when a group of Muslims from the local mosque visited our church last year, they commented on how they perceived it to be a holy and sacred place. Now they didn't agree with the Christian faith or some of our Christian practices - but they felt God's holiness being present there.

Candle
06-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Hm..

First! Just because what she prayed for came true does not mean her prayer was answered. I could pray to a rock, and whatever I prayed for may occur by happenstance. Or Satan could answer my prayer in order to cause me to pray to that rock. Correlation does not equal causation!

Second, why not show her her error. Grab a Qur'an, grab a Bible and go over some verses. Just a gentle reminder to do it in a charitable way. When someone is sitting on the edge of a knife, we must act very carefully. = )

www.sultan.org <--Really good site, just scroll down to the "Islam and Christianity" section.

http://www.islam-guide.com/ch3-10-1.htm This is one of the links from that site, and it does a very good job of using the Bible to prove Christ's Muslim nature.

http://www.sultan.org/articles/pjncd.html very good site

http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/l.../contents.html Good site, but it is harder to dig out the really good material.

http://www.islamway.com/english/imag...radictions.htm

Good luck my friend!

Eric H
06-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Greetings and peace be with you AlexIslam;

sorry to bump this thread i made a while ago.. but i need help.. she just isn't listening to me.. are there any quran verses that anyone can mention ..so i can show her exactly how wrong this is?..
If only everyone believed the same as me, then life would be much better, we struggle with our differences but she is your mother, and you only have the one mother, she is very special. Pray for yourself and pray for your mother, and the same God who hears your mothers prayers, will hear your prayers.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith understanding and friendship

Eric

almahdali
06-06-2010, 08:07 AM
salaam,

prophet isa (as) I am not certain whether he is still alive right now, or is in another world (barzakh). if it happens that prophet isa (as) is in barzakh, so he is incapable to pray to Allah for anyone or for himself. was your mother previously a christian or what? we do not have to go to church in order for our prayers to be answered by Allah.

we should also aware that Allah too had set up few tests for us that we could bear. whether we live in prosperity or in difficulties, they're all the tests which came from Allah as the world is the place of test for all the slaves of Allah. may Allah guides all of us, ameen.

Snowflake
06-06-2010, 09:35 AM

Ask your mother if Jesus (Pbuh) prayed to God for help? She will tell you he did. Then ask her why she thinks if he prayed to God to help him if he could help himself? Remind her Isa (as) relied upon Allah and had no power of his own.

Mathew 27:42:
About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “aEli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”

Psalm:22:1:
'My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?'

John 12:27
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour

Christians think that Jesus died to save them. So they revere him and associate him with Allah and so believe Jesus can help them. Na udhu billah!!!!!! Your mother is swaying towards the same false beliefs. You must pull her back. Ask her if the above pleas sound like they come from the mouth of a willing participant for crucifixion? He asked God for help. Ask your mother what makes her think he could help her when he couldn't help himself? The Christian depiction of this event forms a picture in my mind of Jesus saying. 'Ahh wth, I'll sacrifice myself for the scum of this earth, but heyyy.. :offended: why aren't you helping me God?' Astaghfirullah! Does that make sense? Does this behaviour befit a prophet? To do something willingly from love and be protesting about it at the same time?

Dua is a form of worship. Ibn Taimiyyah defined worship as, "A term which comprises everything that Allah (s.w.t) loves and approves of from the apparent and hidden sayings and deeds."

“Du’a is the essence of worship”

[Sunan Tirmidhi]

And in a Qur’anic verse Allah states:

فَادْعُوا اللَّهَ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ

“So call upon Allah making your worship pure for Him”

[Surah Ghaafir – 40:14]

It is apparent from just these two Ahadeeth that the status of supplication (Du’a) in Islam is exalted. It is an act which Allah loves and is the dearest act in his sight:

‏ليس شيء أكرم على الله تعالى من الدعاء

“There is nothing dearer to Allah Ta’ala than Du’a”

[Sunan Tirmidhi]

So by praying to Jesus your mother is worshipping him. Na udhu billah. May Allah guide her. Ameen. Ibn Abbas said, "the best forms of worship is the du'a" [Munthir and Ibn Haakim] He goes onto say, "Know that it is an obligation to invoke Allah Alone in Du`a, and not His creation... Admitting (and showing) humility and meekness can only be revealed to Allah, Alone, for this is the essence of worship."

Allah says of those who have passed over, "If you call upon them, they hear not your call, and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them" [35: 14]

Please show your mother this ayah: "And when My slaves ask you concerning Me, then (say) I am indeed near. I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me. So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright." [2: 186].

This ayah alone is more than enough to tell us that we do not need intermediaries to ask Allah for help. When the time of death arrives for people who prayed to another besides Allah for helped
will be asked by angels where are they who they used to pray to. SubhanAllah! They will reply that they have deserted them.

And who is more unjust than one who invents about Allah a lie or denies His verses? Those will attain their portion of the decree until when Our messengers come to them to take them in death, they will say, "Where are those you used to invoke besides Allah ?" They will say, "They have departed from us," and will bear witness against themselves that they were disbelievers. [Al-Araf 7:37]

SubhanAllah! Please follow bro Hamza's advice and take your mother to a scholar immediately.

Please play al Baqarah with translation in your home every three days and make sure your mother is reciting the daily protective duaas and ayatul Kursi after every fardh salah. May Allah guide your mother and protect her (and us) from the shaytaan and false beliefs. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!