/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Operation Northwoods

theblackcloud
03-15-2010, 01:40 AM
I was wondering if anyone here ever knew about Operation Northwoods, the plan of the U.S. military to stage terror attacks on themselves, then blame it on the Cubans in order to justify going to war with their communist rivals and invading their territory?

Military leaders were starting to go off the edge, they believed Kennedy botched the Bay of Pigs invasion and could not get anything of value done.[1] Operation Northwoods was officially declassified in 2005[2] and it seems that the plan was dropped due to the assassination of then president John F. Kennedy[3].

The .pdf file which the contains the full, declassified text file can be downloaded here.

Your thoughts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
03-15-2010, 03:21 AM
Invading Cuba? No, can't say I've ever heard of this. I do believe a lift on the US embargo against Cuba is long overdue though. As a Canadian I've visited Cuba and my american friends are missing out on a heck of a vacation :)

theblackcloud
03-15-2010, 03:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Invading Cuba? No, can't say I've ever heard of this. I do believe a lift on the US embargo against Cuba is long overdue though. As a Canadian I've visited Cuba and my american friends are missing out on a heck of a vacation :)
Well, the declassified documents are there for all to see :D.

I've never been to Cuba, but man they have some great stuff down there. I love Cuba ;D.

جوري
03-15-2010, 03:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blackcloud
Well, the declassified documents are there for all to see :D.

I've never been to Cuba, but man they have some great stuff down there. I love Cuba ;D.
Bay of pigs anyone?..

yes this isn't news, but the average person only sits in front of their local news and fancies themselves well read.

I was sent this link by one of the brothers on this forum:
http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Team-Al...der_1602392293

the U.S will do what it needs to achieve its desired end.. but sooner or later it will blow up in its face!

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maryan0
03-15-2010, 06:26 AM
I've heard of this it's funny the things that are hidden in plain sight from the average person who is content to believe whatever their goverments tell them. It's sort of reminds me of the British-Uganda programme where initially prior to WW1 the British offered the Jewish people a portion of British E.Africa as compensation for their treatment in Europe in which case they refused because they had no history in E.Africa. I wonder what excuse the supporters of Israel would give had those specific Jews chosen to make the land in modern day Uganda their homeland and called it Israel as opposed to Palestine or what gives certain groups of people the power to give away land that already belongs to others. Imperialism.
Salam

KAding
03-15-2010, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blackcloud
I was wondering if anyone here ever knew about Operation Northwoods, the plan of the U.S. military to stage terror attacks on themselves, then blame it on the Cubans in order to justify going to war with their communist rivals and invading their territory?

Military leaders were starting to go off the edge, they believed Kennedy botched the Bay of Pigs invasion and could not get anything of value done.[1] Operation Northwoods was officially declassified in 2005[2] and it seems that the plan was dropped due to the assassination of then president John F. Kennedy[3].

The .pdf file which the contains the full, declassified text file can be downloaded here.

Your thoughts?
Fascinating PDF. Good thing it was never implemented.

But I really question the wisdom of posting this here. I mean, we have many people here on this forum who believe the US caused the Haitian earthquake in order to intervene there militarily. Is it really responsible when paranoia is already at such extreme levels? Why feed the monster :nervous: :p.

theblackcloud
03-15-2010, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Fascinating PDF. Good thing it was never implemented.

But I really question the wisdom of posting this here. I mean, we have many people here on this forum who believe the US caused the Haitian earthquake in order to intervene there militarily. Is it really responsible when paranoia is already at such extreme levels? Why feed the monster :nervous: :p.
Feed the monster? Question the wisdom? I am posting declassified documents here so the public can view them. The wisdom of posting this here is very high, so that people later on, and people now, will never forget about stuff like this.

As for people and their opinions on, say, the U.S. causing the Haitian earthquake, well, that's not up to you or me to decide. I don't believe in restriction of information, people can come to whatever overall conclusions about these things that they choose.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!